Hey Veeky Forums. So I found two coins hidden in a car I bought and I wonder for how much I could try to sell them...

Hey Veeky Forums. So I found two coins hidden in a car I bought and I wonder for how much I could try to sell them. I cant find any info on left coin so If anybody knows anything please tell. Also is it worth it to buy limited edition special coins once they are released and hold them for 10 or 20 years and then sell them or do they not increase in value? Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

ngccoin.com/price-guide/world/sweden-50-kronor-km-848-1975-cuid-55672-duid-150322
tradera.com/item/220130/269435626/3st-lokalmynt-trelleborg-1978-1984-och-1985
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For an indication of value try eBay or if you live near a coin dealer go there.

Yes, of course coins can be an investment, especially if they're kept in mint uncirculated condition. Pay close attention to how many are going to be minted and favour ones with a very limited run. My grandparents brought some commemorative crowns for me and my siblings when we were born but they're common as hell and haven't appreciated at all in value. If I took them to a bank they'd be worth their face value of 25p each and that's probably close to what a dealer would give me after fees.

The thing I cant find left coin anywhere on internet so dealer might tell me its worth alot less and I wont be able to tell

Probably Norwegian. Can't find much about them on the internet.

Don't get your hopes up insofar as their precious metal content. Go to a pawn shop or something like that and see if they know what they are. Maybe have their metal content tested too.

If they ARE gold and silver, just hang onto them. The economy is up thanks to Trump talk, but Trump is still more big government spending, though admittedly that spending more in national interest than it would have been under Killary.

We're headed the Venezuelan way no matter what it seems.

Lokalmynts with denominations of 100 or 200 kr are often coined from silver, while denominations of 1000 kr are often gold. Lower than those, and it's mainly bronze. Those coims probably aren't worth much, maybe 20-30$ at most for the both of them.

I see. Well thanks for info. I wouldnt have asked but I just cant find any info on the left one but its only 20kr so as you said its probably bronze and not worth much it is just strange that there are no info on it.

The right coin is Swedish (Sverige) and I don't believe it to be worth very much money. 50 kroner is worth a bit over $5 US (9.22 Swedish kroner per U.S. dollar). The coin also doesn't appear to have any precious metal content in it if the 1975 year on the obverse is indeed the year of minting. I would imagine that a coin with precious metals in it would state fineness and weight.

As others have said, the left hand coin appears to be Norwegian. It also doesn't appear to be worth very much as it takes 8.55 Norwegian krone to buy U.S. dollar. Thus, on face value, that coin is worth about $2.50 US. Being that the coin was minted in 1995 and has no indications of precious metal content or fineness, I seriously doubt there are any precious metals in it.

I would guess that the melt value of the two coins combined is less than $0.50.

If there is numismatic value in the coins, realize that the coins are not in the greatest condition, especially considering how new they are. I'd be very surprised if there was substantial numismatic value in the coins since I'm not aware of a very strong demand for modern Scandinavian coins.

This is just a guess on my part and I am no expert in Norway or Sweden. However, I do know a reasonable amount about U.S. numismatic coins so the above are my best reasonable guesses.

If you have ever held a gold coin, I suspect you'll find your two coins to be far lighter than a comparable sized gold coin.

ngccoin.com/price-guide/world/sweden-50-kronor-km-848-1975-cuid-55672-duid-150322

tradera.com/item/220130/269435626/3st-lokalmynt-trelleborg-1978-1984-och-1985 some similar coin could not find the same one but seems like not much

Actually both coins have swedish written on them, but they don't appear to be an official coin (I've never seen them before).
The left coin says: Local coin, Trelleborg.
Trelleborg is a place in south of sweden.

I found some swedish ads for both coins, they didn't go for much (100SEK, 50SEK)

both coins are from sweden.

Save them both op, might be worth something in the futu

both coins are from sweden.

Save them both op, might be worth something in the future

Yea I guess I will just put them on the shelf. The bronze looking one doesnt seem to be worth much and other one seems to be made of silver but even so its like 10 euro worth so I wont lose anything by keeping them. As I said before I cant find any info on bronze looking coin and that is the reason why I thought it might be worth something. Because even if its not made of precious metals the fact that it is rare might make it worth something(or so I thought)
How can they be not official if they are worth 20 and 50 kr ? Wouldn't making them unofficially be illegal?

Any idea what type of grade I will get on this?

Back of coin/ S mint mark

EF-40ish

I'll buy them both for $1 USD serious offer you have 3 minutes to respond

Cool, thx. Good to know. Who do you think I should get it graded by for the best chance at the highest grade?

what you do is submit it to either company and see what they grade. Then break it out of the slab and send it back to see if you get a higher grade.

keep submitting it until you get a better grade, it takes a while.

make sure it's not a fake though, they're gonna look pretty close at that date and mint mark.

If it's a rare coin wouldn't the graders notice? How many times does the average coin need to be graded before it is granted the highest grade?

So just keep submitting over & over to all the grading agencies? What is the highest grade you think possible for this coin?

>If it's a rare coin wouldn't the graders notice?
you'll probably get a different grader every time.
>How many times does the average coin need to be graded before it is granted the highest grade?
depends on the grade. If it's borderline it might get good in a couple tries. If it's dead-center in the middle of a grade it may never improve.
>What is the highest grade you think possible for this coin?
Morgans are tough to call because individual strikes had different characteristics. It takes an expert to really grade them.

Based on what I can see though I'd guess the best you're going to get is EF-40