[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

Historical hooning edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

VOTE SEM LOCATION (UP TILL 30/12/2016)
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYldJ_b_Ef-i81_w_iisNgS3LVnJIT_5Lu86ddiez8olTZHQ/viewform

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

bkmoto.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=148&search=fz8
amazon.com/gp/product/B01GJGCR9U
google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1oj47bRZbrx_S90yYhJbFvVxC-xQ&usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what do you ride and how many miles are on your bike?

YAMAHA A SHIT

repostan

Honda CB600 F PC36 (carbed) or PC 41 (EFI)?

No worries man I did the same after a lowside at the track (I was scraping pegs but so I wanted more clearance anywho) just letting you know they'll be far smaller than your stock footpegs so you need to work way harder to use them and extract stability and grip from them with your feetsies

xth for Grom a shit

reminder that you don't need ear protection if you ride a single cylinder bike

DT 125 R

best

BMW F650
12k kms

>AT
1300 miles
>dr650
>xr400
1200 and some change
>klx 125
unknown

SV650S

57,000 kms

Your mom, she has no odometer.
All of us ride her erryday so it would be high milage.
She did get resleeved last year.

Do the map niggers actually update anything anymore?

FZ-09 with 4500 miles on it

the KTM dude died in the Berlin attacks

DL1000
250000km

did they ever?

who cares nobody uses it to find other riders and such anyway

13 cbr600rr 1200 miles only had for 3 months

Just make a new one and post it here.
That usually motivates him to add people.

proof nigga

i see ze germans are rigging the SEM poll again.
just like they tried to do last year.

>50% of the options are germany
>poll results not visible

Honda NT650, 55k miles
FZ8, 20k miles

Noted. I got big feet so I took up room on the stock pegs as well as my other bikes aftermarket pegs. I'm used to it.

Whats wrong with aftermarket signals you pleb? especially ones with daytime running white LEDs, they're better.

Muh radius.

>less than 100 miles a week

VTX1300, 28755mi but only the last 7k are my own.

I posted this in the last thread and subsequently forgot I posted so I'll post again.

I went to the dealer again today and I sat on some bikes
Compared to my CB250, they were all so much bigger. Even the CB500f seemed gargantuan compared to it

Are these bikes actually that much bigger, or is the CB250 just a really small bike?

>>Cycle ergo.com m8. But most new begginer bikes are made bigger so that cucks buy them and tell other cucks that they ride a 600.

I meant more in terms of actual physical size. My CB250 feels very small and light. It's not that I can't flat-foot a CB500F, but compared to what I'm used to, it feels like I'm sitting on a damn harley and it's only a 500CC engine

>The CB500F is small and very easy to ride.
see above regarding size. I hope it's easy to ride, but it seems like it'd be a bit cumbersome compared to my CB250. It's still my #1 contender for my next bike

Even less than that had 250 on it when I bought at the start of winter so it's been cold and rainy most of the time. Will.rack up miles once spring rolls around and I can just ride it all the time to work and for funzies

>nobody uses it to find other riders and such anyway
I have, got an excellent rimjob and a blowjob from that guy on the gold coast.

speaking of the CB500F, can I get rid of these things?

or would that be a bad idea

CTA pls

You must be new. He posted the two clusters ages ago. The gen1 v-strom odo only went to 199999 and doesnt tick over any further.

About 9,000 miles.

>it's a Russian piece of swag

If only. I would be honored to have tributed that sexy mumma.

better off just getting rid of the whole thing mate.

Vtx you say? Got pics

05 drz400sm
22000 miles

What year is that Ural?

on second thought maybe the cb500f isn't a good fit for me

This thread is now about SV

help I can't breathe

Give it to me straight Doc, do Urals break all the fucking time or not? Because I really want a sidecar rig.

Why's everyone so autistic about putting an HID in anyways? Do you guys not like superior lighting?

bkmoto.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=148&search=fz8

It cost money and dbt is poor

Mine has been fine. If you buy one, either buy brand new and ride the shit out of it for two years (during factory warranty) to work out all the kinks on their dime, or buy a used with decent mileage so that all the kinks have been worked out. A 3 year old bike wth low miles and a great price screams problem.

Ultimately I think it boils down to preventative maintenance, and this requires more of that than a jap bike. Sometimes nuts wriggle loose and, if not caught, can lead to problems. Be prepared to learn how to do some wrenching yourself because it's unlikely that a local bike shop will know how to work on a Ural.
It's a fucking blast to drive, I get smiles and thumbs up from soccer moms, Somali immigrants, black guys white guys old guys...
everyone loves a sidecar. Plus you can ride it in the snow

250's are fucking TINY, that feeling you're having is normal. My first bike was a 440lb 500cc cruiser which I thought was small but one time I sat on a Ninjette for giggles and the thing legit felt like a Power Wheels toy.

Neither can I, my fucking sides are gone after seeing this image m8

Pic related, gotta get some better ones or at least the ones my friend took a while back and maybe see about webm-ing a time lapse he made of that same ride. Are you a fellow VTXfag, perhaps the guy here with the silver one?

Yep

nice donorcycles all y'all have there

I think the forks may be bent on my CBR. I finally got the top triple clamp to break free of its corrosion but things still don't want to line up right. If I find out my frame is bent I'll have to ride off a cliff.

>2003 KLX400
About 20k miles
>2001 CBR600F4i
About 30k miles
>2004 450EXC
Unknown total miles but I've put about 1200 on it myself

a few years have gone by..
it does a bit, theres a guy who is over 400k miles now on his. original dash died at 205k not sure if hes on his third yet or not. but he also isnt a dbt user

FI is always the correct answer.

dat F4i

:,(

why is everyone on those bike's nuts. They look like every other old 600

That's awesome man, more pics please

That seat looks nice and comfy.

It's just a good bike.

I want to get rid of the ugly fender/license plate/turn signals/brake light on my bike.

The aftermarket fender eliminator/tail tidy kits are like $100-150.

It seems like I could fab the simple brackets and source my own turn turn signals and brake light for a total cost of ~$20.

Anyone have a legit reason why I shouldn't do this?

Put in the proper reflector and autoleveling. It's fine.

But slapping in a HID to a standard refector is for shitcunts.

also how often do sportbike frames actually bend? Is there any way to tell when it does? I don't see any indications of frame damage other than a couple wear marks where cables have been rubbing it.

Also do triple clamps ever bend?

Nice saddlebags. Any thoughts on getting a 5 gallon jerry can for spare gas on longer trips and strapping it to the sissy bar/passenger backrest or something? On the very back or more securely sitting on the seat itself like a passenger would be fine since I wouldn't be 2-up on the kind of trip I'm thinking of; I've never used one and my main concerns would be tightly securing the weight when full and not leaking/sloshing like some of the shitty plastic cans do.

Eyeballing a few cans around here since if I did go for a road trip in the coming spring/summer it would be nice to more than double my range from any one fuel stop.

Keine abe

y?

The cheap chinkshit lights you find online are so dull they are barely visible. They also generally don't last long or hold up to impact, vibrations, or water very well.

Honda took the 600F4, an already fast and bulletproof bike of the time, and added fuel injection, more power, and made it look better.

I remember when I first saw it on the cover of my dad's Motorcyclist magazine in 1999 fell in love with that bike. It was my first bike about 5 years later.

They are fantastic bikes. Motors and transmissions are bulletproof, guys have taken them north of 300,000 miles on the stock motor with normal recomended maintenence. And they still pump out right around 100whp which is still competitive with bikes in the same class today.

The frames are near unbreakable and they are sought after bikes by the stunting community because of this. Pretty much every major stunter has a F4i practice bike or just flat stunts an F4i.

They are super cheap now.

They were sold at the same tim as the 600RR until 2006 and were still the better option to buy unless you planned on tracking the bike.

when you crash hard.

>t. honda shill

05' CBR600rr
Roughly 28k miles on it. It had around 20k when I bought it 6ish months ago.

>100whp
That's not quite true tho. They put about 90 to the wheel. Maybe 100 at the crank.

But yeah it's a very sought after bike. It seems like most people preferred them to the RR.

>thinks china made products are inferior
>90% of his trailer is made in china

I had ebay led blinkers on my previous bikes and they held up just fine in cold and rainy weather.

>impact
>thinks oem blinkers will hold up in a crash

I've tried various ebay lights and none of them have been near as good as OEM in terms of visibility, fit, or durability. If you must both cheap out and get rid of your stock fender assembly then just remove the plastic piece, glue the original tail light to the bottom of your blue fender, and move the turn signals up to the number plates.

Thanks man. They've held up pretty good. That would def be a good idea. I usually hit around 145 miles before I gotta switch to reserve. But when I do longer road trips I hop on my other bike. More miles to a tank and a gas gauge.

No fucking with a carb, it always works no matter the weather or temperature or altitude, no fucking with a carb, generally better performance in all conditions, no fucking with a carb, bike fires up first try regardless of conditions.

Saying good things about a good bike is shilling a manufacturer.

You are the cancer that is killing /dbt/

F4's put out over 90whp. F4i's put out even more. 95-100whp.

I've never had any issue with chinkshit LED blinkers I've bought off ebay. Typically as bright or brighter than OEM and quality enough to survive on my bike for years without issue wet or dry.

I dont see any reaon why you couldn't build your own tail tiddy.

What would be a good bike I could gift to my wife's son? I ride a harley, but he said he isn't into that

please post a link because I've never gotten any very bright chinkshit other than this
amazon.com/gp/product/B01GJGCR9U

but there's like a 2000€ price difference between the two :( fml

pic related.

blurry but 97whp from the F4i

714 area code == California model

lol is that the XB9 making only 70hp? pls tell me it's not the 12

>has even less power down low than an r6

What oil and brand oil filter do you guy use? I get false neutrals with t6 and want to switch to a different brand.

are these all stock?

taught my buddy to ride today and he popped some babby wheelies

OE or purolator for filters
castrol actevo for oil

You sure it's the oil brand causing that? Make sure your lever is adjusted right and you are pressing it all the way.

I use the Quicksilver synthetic oil I find at WalMart.

Odd, T6 made my false neutrals go away. Also cured the clutch lifter noise on my Copcycle

it's not the brand, it's the actual oil you put in

>dyno graphs are the end all be all for the quality and merit of a motorcycle.

Who cares. the F4i is a fantastic all around motorcycle. And they last forever.

Yes, that's the middleweight streetbike comparo from the October 2006 issue of Sport Rider.

Also of note is that was a 2006 version of the F4i which was supposed to have a more restrictive exhaust than the earlier (pre banana seat) versions.

So when do the manufacturers generally announce their new/next bikes

Yamalube 10-40
Yamalube filters.

I read that the euro models with a split seat had a different cam than the banana seat models. Is that true for the US as well?

>false neutrals having anything to do with the oil you use

you can't make this shit up

At the Intermot and EICMA shows

I'm not sure.

>oil has nothing to do with how your oil bathed transmission works
you cant make this shit up

if he's a cheap american and uses car oil then that may very well be the case

NEW

MAP

LADS

Get yourselves added to find other anons for bike fun

Maybe try shifting your bike right

You are just gonna make that australian ktm fag have a spergfest.

Should have been on top of adding people to the map then hey