If I knew how to ride the thing properly, sure. kek

>he didn't use the new map

google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1oj47bRZbrx_S90yYhJbFvVxC-xQ&usp=sharing
you big dummy

DUMP THAT CLUTCH

what's the point? you inherited all the old people, most of which im sure dont post here anymore. you should have started it from scratch

Anyone else read this book?

>Love with the motorcycle becomes difficult. The motorcycle becomes pregnant with Travis’s child. One of the best scenes is how Travis will deal with additional mouth to feed. What will Travis’s motorcycle/human hybrid looks like plagues his miniscule little mind. America’s love of the highway becomes Travis’s love of his vagina-wielding motorcycle. Eventually the book becomes a mature meditation on how one man, previously in a biker gang, settles down with his fuckable motorcycle and raises a family.

does launching your bike fuck up your clutch?

>methface 3DPD

no thank you sir.

it'll wear it out more quickly, sure.

it just wears out faster but it doesn't fuck it up

You're not supposed to launch motorcycles unless they're shaft drive. The chain can snap and people have had their leg chopped off by a broken flying chain from launching.

that's what I meant

but how fast are we talking? A bit faster or "do it too much and you'll need a clutch by next week"

asking for a friend btw

this is very valuable information I'll make sure my friend knows

This, all the fastest racing harleys and busas are converted to shaft drive.

we're talking about 15 years instead of 20 years of clutch life

clutches can last a long time. my last bike called for the clutch plates to be inspected after 36,000 miles. they were too thin, so i replaced them with an upgraded kit with about $120. not as expensive as i thought, and i definitely didin't mind abusing it. it's a component that is meant to be worn out. just check the plates here and there if you're doing a lot of abuse to them.

My clutch plates for my 250 lasted 91,000km lol

the plates are under a lot less torque and have looser springs. i doubt you abused your clutch with a lot of siq clutch ups and launches.

Granted, but it was ridden by a big fat fuck dragging everyone off at every chance at 12k.

That said, had to do my XR400 after 5,000k's. Poor thing.

my stock klr plates are at 70000km

i've got some bottom end noise. should i replace or rebuild ? drz400. the head is fine. it runs good.

what do you mean by bottom end noise? do you have a manual cam chain tensioner?

>hold on guys while I just rebuild my bottom end

post pic

Anyone else here a motorcycle mechanic? that does it for a living? i don't know how much more i can take. How can people own motorcycles and not know how to maintain or do anything to them?

the flywheel side was good but the clutch busket had the smallest amount of play. i think its a bearing ?

Small bike for everyday?
What shlud i look for ?

Thats why you exist.

check the pressure plate torque. maybe the springs have lost their strength. beyond that i'm not sure

>drz400
Throw it away.

CG125 for commuting

250k km Vstrom is on original clutch plates but has an aftermarket clutchbasket.

Wow yeah thats' definitely not what a drz should sound like.

Sorry to say I have no info but you're definitely on to something.

This video has been removed by the user.

Sorry about that.

Did you dox yourself?

here
youtu.be/I2PXOprVcBQ

four cyllinders
600cc minimum
comfy hunched over posture that reminds you of shitposting on /dbt/
0-60 in 3s or less
same width as or narrower than your shoulders (if this is impossible verify that you are not a woman before proceding. if you are a woman, pls go out with me. if you aren't but can pass that's cool too post boipucci)
not honda

cam chain stretched out. get a MCCT and maybe a new cam chain if it's too stretched out.

youtube.com/watch?v=qXcp0FDpq3s

That's just the dry clutch. They're supposed to sound like that, ducati's have them too.

>tfw gear driven cams
>tfw this will never, ever happen to you

good meymey

what bike

>sinusitis
>teeth hurt really bad
>have to wait until tomorrow to go to the doctor

What can I do to numb the pain?

Miles on the bike? Last time you checked top end?

>ride
>drugs
>not be a puss

The timing chain needs to be adjusted, that is the chattering you can hear, it is currently slapping against the case every time the engine turns over.

this thing to adjust the timing chain tension

VFR800

i don't think anyone kept making gear driven cams after that because modern chain systems improved significantly in accuracy and reliability while being lighter and cheaper to manufacture

it's dated tech only good for guaranteeing a small portion of a dated poorfag bike's reliability

Believe it or not, for its weight a drz400 engine is more high performance than a vfr800 engine.
that is why it has gear driven cams.

Little known fact: The DRZ400 engine is a street-tuned, single cyllinder version of the same engine that powers suzuki's GP bike

Other way around, the gp bike uses the drz's engine but yeah.

Incorrect. The Suzuki GSX-RR is a detuned racebike based on the DRZ-400 platform.

So its slow and heavy?

If that is true..
Then why don't they use the rm-z engine instead??
It is much lighter and a good 20 more horsepower.

No, that means it is extremely powerful, uses the latest technology, and only getting better by the year.

Well it cant be based on a drz400 then.
Because its slow and heavy.
Come to think of it. All of suzukis bikes are slow and heavy compared to the comptetition

vinales was setting topspeed records last season

Looks like honda and yamaha are on top for motogp
But if you wanna buy the slow heavy version of a slow heavy race bike, then thats on you.

>missing the joke

the DRZ is complete fucking garbage - the toyota corolla of dual sports. it's what you get when you don't know what your'e doing it don't want to do your research. it's reliable enough, fast enough, comfy enough, cheap enough, but not the best at everything. it lives on hearsay and brand loyalty.

Its fans, pure brand loyalists, consider machines that are better all around to be off-brand and cherry pick issues when confronted with how superior everything is to the DRZ (ignoring the DRZ's own cherry pickable once-in-100k-miles issues)

so 'zuki is 3rd factory. never said they weren't. ape and duc got less.

>wr250r created eight (8) years after the suzuki godbike 400
>still hard for many dual sporters to choose between

>ride DRZ400
>get left behind on trails
>only time you're fast is desert drag races

What is a safe rpm to hold a DT125 two stroke at for riding on the road or how should I be riding it?

It has the power valve pinned open, there's a lot of debate about varying rpm while riding on road

>even a wr250 is more powerful than drz400

just got a wr500

wr250f wr250r
wr250 < drz400

You should be revving the engine every so often then letting off the throttle otherwise you will melt the piston.
2 strokes store fuel in the bottom end of the engine before it is used and at full rpm it has hardly any fuel cooling/lubricating the bottom end and it results in a failure.

why would anyone buy a wr250r?
you would need an advanced form of retardation considering they cost about the same.

maybe they want

a plate

What communist shithole won't let you plate a wr250f?
They come with them from the factory....

maybe they want

decent service intervals

You are right, twice as much maintenance at the same price is completely unreasonable when you are talking about having a much higher performance bike to ride.

>the DRZ is complete fucking garbage
>reliable enough, fast enough, comfy enough, cheap enough

KLX400 > DRZ400

fact

suzuki a shit

>whebn you dirnk a two one part of pmobttle of whiskye
>and the darz till aisn't good

wr250g for lofe /dbt/

its just btert for whab itsn mrant for. gentke ride to trail, then trail up trail

Post boipucci

n o

>Have XR400
>People poke and tease that it's so fat
>It is
>"Aw wat a cwoot widdle air-cooled bike!"
>They're right

>Get to big fat hills full of mud, clay and caked pine crusts
>XR400 with 150 rear so fat it just tractors through everything with ease
>KDX200's, KLX3/400's, lone CR250's and the odd TT and IT
>They all run at it going fucking ape shit, WOT in 2nd spraying shit everywhere
>Just plod along in 3rd and pop clutch before base of hill
>Practically idling over crest

Goddamn I love this rusted to fuck big girl.

WR250R is street legal from the factory.

WR250F is not plated from the factory and cannot be plated in many states. WR250R is plated in 50 states from the factory.

WR250F has like 10 hour service intervals for oil and like 20 hours for valve checks. And it would need a rebuild at 100-150 hours.

A WR250R has 3000 mile oil changes, and 26,000 mile valve check intervals. They will keep on chugging for 100,000 miles plus.

That is an order of magnitude more maintenance for a WR250F.

They are different bikes for different uses.

A WR250R makes for a decent offroad bike and a fantastic road bike.

A WR250F makes for a fantastic offroad bike and an absolute shit road bike.

the ninja 250 is in fact too fast for beginners

wr250 is recommended

yet also good for experienced riders

>fantastic road bike
>250

>Ninja 250 too fast

Would you rather them start on a hamster?

why is no one getting a wr500?

6 speeds, nearly 100mph top speed, cruises at 75-80mph all day without issue, comfortable, reliable, great gas mileage.

Yes, fantastic road bike.

Many people use them for long distance adventure touring.

The only true and logical guide to motorcycles. If you not follow it you will never be a good rider and you a shit.

>50cc
>80cc
>100cc
>125cc
>150cc
>200cc
>250cc
>125cc 2-stroke
>300cc
>400cc
>450cc
>500cc
>550cc
>600cc
>650cc
>600cc i4
>700cc
>750cc
>800cc
>900cc
>999cc
>1000cc
>1200cc
>1300cc
>1400cc
>1000cc Turbo
>1300cc Turbo

Mirin dat lean angle

Acceleration matters more than top speed. the ninja is a SPORT bike. babbies first track baiku, sure, but a terrible first road baiku. I would actually recommend a metric cruiser to new riders because they normally combine slowness with enough clearance to lean a bit.

This guide can be summed up with "start riding dirt before you hit puberty and then graduate"