Just ordered this. What is Veeky Forums's opinion on this car?

Just ordered this. What is Veeky Forums's opinion on this car?

cheap v8 rwd is good deal. go america! dont fuck it up. there are many other camaros in the graveyard

good job!
please tell us you got the 1LE package.

I hate v8 Amerifat cars but I heard good things about this one, good job faggot op

>What is Veeky Forums's opinion on this car?

probably some kind of uninformed, ignorant string of memes including but not limited to an inability to turn and LOLGM

The lack of visibility fucking sucks. Rented a convertible while my daily was in the shop and kept the top down the entire time because I couldn't see shit

>What is Veeky Forums's opinion on this car?
Veeky Forums sings the praises of the Camaro's performance ever since it won 2016 Car of the year.

May I ask you why you didn't get the Mustang?

>shown is my brother's GT
and yes that Accord is mine

fuckin-a, mane i want one! but i also want a v8 mustang too!

not OP
but because it's shit.
It's too heavy, not as fast, doesn't handle as well, and is nowhere near as reliable.
>but muh visibility
the difference is minimal. The Camaro has a larger trunk too, even if it's a smaller opening.

Pigfat, no visibility, really fucking tired of the boomer first gen Camaro circlejerk, wish it was a new design instead of another caricature of a first gen, too REEEEEEEEEE for my taste.

3/10 at best since it has a good engine at least but that's all it has going for it.

>Pigfat
The 2016 Camaro dropped 200 lbs across the board and is now the lightest car in it's class, meanwhile the Mustang gained 200 lbs, and the Challenger is still pigging out on cake.

3700 pounds is still really heavy for an FR coupe, especially when my somewhat recent loaded turbo AWD family wagon with a dual sunroof weighs 3430.

it's also the best handling car in its class since it switched from the Holden-developed Zeta chassis to the new Cadillac-developed Alpha chassis.

>great power
>great track performance
>great value
>can't see shit
>hotwheels

Didn't the Pacifica win car of the year?

Don't worry, you won't be able to see other motorists laugh at you due to the poor visibility

>didn't black out his bowtie
Ruined.

I thought the civic did

Unfortunately, no. My initial plan was to go for the 1LE V6, since it performs really well on a track and I'm not one of the "V8 or die" people. Thing is, I wanted to order a 1LS 1LE, for pure, naked, track performance. Turns out you can't get GM to finance you on 1LS (bottom trim) cars, and they don't work with dealership / manufacturer's promotions.

So in the end, the 1LS + 1LE was about the same price as the 2LT + 1LE. The 2LT + 1LE only came with a shitton of unncessary options that I had no choice but to pay for, though, like the performance data recorder, interior LED lightning with changeable colors, etc.

In the end, a 1SS was cheaper than the 2LT+1LE. I decided to go for the V8 at that point. V8 1LE was just too much.

But yes, I would have enjoyed the 1LE.

it is, i'll have my car in 3 months. I also have the 1LE spoiler.

1) I prefer the Camaro's looks.
2) Everyone drives a Mustang. One of my criteria for buying a car is that I don't want everyone to also drive them.
3) I rented a V8 Mustang in Las Vegas 2 months ago, did not fell in love with it.
4) Father owns a Corvette Stingray and I already know I'm in love with the 6.2L, limited slip diff and other stuff that'll also be in my Camaro.

I'm not laughing at your Accord, I'm trading in an Accord Coupe 2014 myself for the Camaro.

I'm not circlejerking on the Camaro. I fucking despise all modern Camaros aside from gen 6. I'm 27 years old.

Sure, it's all a preferance. Peace.

For me I like the Camaro and Mustang equally. I love both for what it is. Nice.

God that's fucking stupid. It's like they engineer this shit to prevent people from getting what they want or force up-selling.

I swear to god. I went there, telling myself I'd have a 1LS 1LE V6 6MT Camaro for like, 33,000$ and leave with a bargain track car. Turns out the options are not optional at all and it rockets up to 45k.

It's a slow piece of shit.

you're not even comparing the same generation of cars

t. GM fangirl. It doesn't matter. Once a piece of shit, always a piece of shit.

Stay btfo

>lightest car
>300 lbs away from two tons

Fuck you you cucked shitter. Have fun being crushed when people make fun of you for being such a pathetic autist wrapped up in lap times when your car loses

I'll be COMFY

At least you got the V8. you done good user.

That's exactly what it is. They can make more money if you are forced to buy the more expensive package

I don't know where you're trying to get with this. Should I post a picture of a Mustang crashing?

Sorry, I forgot how to shitpost.

>Projecting

As expected.

Also Veeky Forums is about cars, not boats.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the V6 LE just an SS with a V6 instead of a V8?

The SS LE has even bigger brakes

stay btfo

Sounds like a line of bullshit to me. Last time I went to a dealer I heard the whole "they don't finance for used cars" shit "here check out this new Dodge avenger!"

Yes, the V6 1LE is pretty much an SS. It also has 1LE specific tires, wheels, a wrapped hood, a specific spoiler and available Recaros. I was opting for the V6 1LE because I thought it would be cheaper, plus some color combinations are just really cool. I was going for silver ice metallic + all the blacked out parts. Nobody agreed with me on the silver + black until Fast and Furious 8 released their last trailer, where a bunch of Challengers use these colors. Holy god does it look good.

Anyhow, I got dark grey on the SS since the spoiler, antenna and hood will be body color instead of black, and I feel like that's losing a lot of contrast. I decided to go "stealth", it's always a winner imo.

I hate how there's like 3 feet of fender above the wheels. What happened to when sporty cars had a low profile? Shit just keeps getting taller and taller. At this rate the next gen camaro's hood is probably going to be as tall as a pickup truck's.

>poor reliability

He crashed it already?

You got jewed. They will sell you the car with exactly what you want, if you're willing to stick to your guns and demand it. But they will do absolutely everything they can to get as much out of you as possible. You have to make sure they understand that it's an "I want this car with this equipment or I leave" situation. They always eventually cave, if it means it's the only way they're going to get the sale.

Who the fuck told you they can't finance some particular car on a particular trim?

That doesn't make sense, Chevy just lost a fucking sale because you bought their shit

No, they just suck balls and have huge panel gaps. Look where the hood meets the fascia also

Not op but just googling this Camaro as 1le it's apparently under 3500lbs but the fucking zl1 is almost 2 tons

Hilarious!

I wasn't saying anything about the mustang but just looking at the weight, these kind of FR v8's are ludicrously heavy

>needs a supercharger to get 3 seconds faster around a 7:30 track.
pushrods are garbage.

Yea I'm with ya, makes the comparison all the more hilarious tho.
Zl1 isn't even a 350r competitor and it's still faster. haha lol

looks like a fun car

GT350R is stripped out while the ZL1 has as many luxuries as you can fit on a brochure

>undercover mods: the picture

Cute little cars amerilards. Why don't you go and play with them on the sand pit?

>Dedicated sports car on huge ass tyres beaten by a sedan with a V6

CANNOT MAKE THIS UP

LOL

>Caring about lap times when choosing a car that will only be used on public roads for cruising/commuting.

I didn't buy their shit, they were literally powerless. It's like how they advertize the Chevy Sparks at 9,999$ (here in Canada) for the lowest trim, but once you get there, its 5,99% finance. GM wants you to come in with that in mind and then opt for the bigger priced one. The dealership has nothing to say and no further option.

Don't worry, it's my fourth new car, I'm not new to bargaining/dealing with car vendors. Some people even ask me to go with them when they're shopping for themselves.

Thing is, 1LE is a special package, and GM wouldn't want to let it go on the production line if it didn't have all the options checked. GM doesn't want a naked 1LE on the road. I don't know the fuck why. The vendor was fucking depressed when he called me and told me the news. I did the "I'm not buying your shit, call me back if you have good news for me" thing, I even went to another dealer and it was the same answer.

GM just won't fucking let a 1LE leave the factory without leather, vented seats, dash cam, etc.

Impossible to see out of was my only reaction when I sat in one at the dealer. Seat was really nice, and the dash setup was also very nice, especially considering how bad GM dashes were up until about 4 years ago.

buying an over powered track focused car for commuting and cruising. what a cuckery. you better off buying a camry faggot.

>not a flowtie

why do people do their amateur car photoshoots in the parking lot of fucking retail stores? what if you actually DRIVE THE FUCKING THING, find a nice twisty mountain road with a scenic place to park that will improve the photos 500%. don't just settle for the first empty asphalt you find within two miles of your apartment.

What if there are no mountains where you live?
It's not always an option.

When are you getting it user? Have you test driven one?

Maybe because those of us here that actually do have a car are mostly millenials that are retail slaves and don't have time to go anywhere else to take pictures?

Agree. You should take pictures while you're driving.

god that looks like shit

I love it when they pull this bullshit in exterior car colors. I bought a Mustang GT back in 2010 and the color I wanted wasn't available in my specific trim. They wanted to pay another $1200 to get the color I wanted because the trim I had didn't allow that color. Pretty fucking stupid.

>I bought a Mustang GT back in 2010
Don't you feel dumb now?

Sort of? I leased it for 3 years and grabbed a Challenger when I took it back in 2013. I actually take my Challenger back on Saturday. Still debating if I should lease another car or just grab a used Prius.

Why buy a Prius?
Putting aside the expensive and eventually unavoidable motor and battery replacement, they hold their value a little too well.
Beside that, it's the most "un-enthusiast" car you can buy. Why have one?

Also, stop leasing and just buy something you like.

>Also, stop leasing and just buy something you like.
not him but I honestly don't see much of a problem with leasing.
>find new car you love that will surely depreciate like a fucking rock (EG: Camaro)
>Lease for 3 years
>when lease is up, buy it as a used car
>spend less than if you'd just bought the car to begin with

3 seconds over a 7 minute lap.

I'm getting pretty tired of this shit posting.

Ayy, I used to live there in 2006.

Just got done negotiating a 2SS 50th Anniversary edition for $46750 + TTL (6.25% and ~$400).

How'd I do?

50 grand for a car you cant even haul friends in? wew lad

>perfect excuse to not be DD
>no place for disgusting friends who only see cars as modes of transportation and a rolling waste bin to leave all their fucking trash
>not having to drive with a backseat full of yapping people fucking around
>implying I even have friends
sounds like I did pretty good then, thanks senpai.

only shitty part is that I have to drop the back seat to fit my rifle cases in the trunk and there's no good place to put my sidearm up front because the center console goes down all of 3 inches.

agreed

I'm not sure what you are talking about? The panel gap? The paint? or the headlights visible through the panel gap?

I just put my rifle case on the back seat, transverse as it were.

>Turns out you can't get GM to finance you on 1LS (bottom trim) cars
That's straight bullshit on GM's part, you should have just waited until the 2017's were on dealer floors and got a bank loan instead

don't like new american muscle cars because of the shitposting but nice car, hope you enjoy it.