Conlang general thread. This is for discussion of all sorts of constructed languages (conlangs)...

Conlang general thread. This is for discussion of all sorts of constructed languages (conlangs), including but not limited to:
IALs (e.g. Esperanto, Volapuk)
Artlangs e.g. (Quenya, Verdurian)
Philosophical languages (e.g. Toki Pona, Laadan)
Modified/controlled languages (e.g. Basic English, E-Prime)

Look at that
The number of posters mirror the number of conlang users on earth

fucking savage

Mi estas persona atestanto de la malvero de tio; mi ekzistas; mi parolas planlingvon, k.e.d. (kio estis demonstrenda)

Who /ithkuil/ here?

when will mandalorian be completed?

Is there any living person who can actually speak Ithkuil, even non-fluently, as opposed to slowly and laboriously assembling sentences with the help of a dictionary and a grammar book?

Probably no.

What do you guys think about esperanto? Does it have a chance?

Modern Hebrew, son.

Call me Ishmael

I'd like to hope so. It has already about a million speakers, and growing; there's something like 400 thousand learning it on Duolingo's course for English speakers, and the course for Spanish speakers is going to go into beta in a few days now, and I don't know exactly how many people are going to start learning it, but hopefully quite a few.

Is it even possible to actually learn it?

I shit on esperanto speakers.

You could've used the time to learn an actually useful language, but no, you use it to learn a language basically no one knows

for what purpose??
just learn italian, german, french and english and you can already communicate with all of europe.

C is all you need

Esperanto is for GLOBALIST JEWS

Esperanto lets you communicate with some people from every country in the world, as opposed to nearly everyone in one country or a few countries and hardly anyone elsewhere, like most languages. It really depends on your priorities.

Kaj mi fekas sur vin, ke vi laŭŝajne uzis la tempon por lerni neniun lingvon.

Learn it, in theory probably. Acquire it, I'm not so sureー it might not even be in line with the Universal Grammar, and therefore impossible for a human to 'acquire' in the same way as they do a natural language.

Lurk moar, you'll get used to this place eventually

But that requires multiple languages. Memesperanto is just one.

Dafuq do you think this board is, some kind of secret version of /r/history?

He's right. Fuck off to your containment board.