pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/7Qpa9ERV

Other urls found in this thread:

gamasutra.com/view/news/224400/from_software_announces_dark_souls_successor_deep_souls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its really quite amazing as to how awful the first DLC for DS3 was, given they had experience with Old Hunters, the Lost Crowns, and AOTA. It came out half a year later, cost the same as AOTA, offered a copy-pasted final boss arena, shitty spells, only a handful of unique weapons, and a whooping 2 bosses (one of which can barely be called a boss).

so is it worth the 15 bucks at least? I still havent bought it yet?

Aldia did nothing wrong

>15 bucks
fuck no

I definitly enjoyed it, the bosses are great and the new weapons have some cool WA's and movesets. The arena is fun if dueling is your thing but the whole dlc area is also great for invasions. Got some nicelooking armor sets too. Havn't used all the new spells too much but they do offer some variety in casting.

I thought it was great. The only negative is the gravetender is an extremely mediocre boss in terms of presentation, but every other aspect of the DLC is top-tier.

They should make a new castlevania that totally rips off Dark Souls

What part does SL play in the Undead Arena? Is it still matched as usual? Or is it scaled so that everyone comes close? In the latter case, would this mean that higher SL is a big advantage, because of things like additional equip load/HP and such? Cause it feels like everyone there is holding much more on them than I can.

Is Demon Souls playable on PS4?

There's a couple 2Ds that basically Castlevania Souls.

no

what is the most op build i can make for ds3 when invading low level areas

Is there a souls game coming out in 2017?

So how do I take advantage of parries without riposting? Any spell casted isn't quick enough to take advantage other than flashsword

I just got the DLC, is the arena more popular for PvP now or have things remained mostly the same?

Also is the arena behind Sully still the main place to go, or are there new venues in the DLC area?

Been gone way too long, so I'm pretty behind on the trends.

Only people at sullys are poorfags without the dlc

Except for trying to recreate the age of dragons, resulting in a number of monsterous mutated fake creatures.

Deep battleaxe is pretty good, loads of players have low dark resist and it requires only base stats. Or anything deep/fire/raw.

>been asking for an Armored Core remaster on PS3/PS4 for 10 years

It won't happen. Best that will happen is a 'portable' version for Vita/Switch.

He was a really boring bossfight

There are going to be no more souls games, just 'dark fantasy' games that might take after Dark Souls / BB /DeS.

There are no dates confirmed for another similar game, but given that they only would have started development sometime around this year, I doubt it. Early 2018 is more likely.

From tends to announce during E3, with sometimes demos at TGS.

pls respond

I might just be bad but my opponents all seem really versatile.

gamasutra.com/view/news/224400/from_software_announces_dark_souls_successor_deep_souls

>next FROM game
>but this time with Angels
>cities brimming with life
>greek/roman architecture
>underworld included
>heaven is decaying
>gods are dying
>etc etc

>inb4 boring
Well fuck you

Trying was the right thing to do.

God tier music though.

What were the angels supposed to be?

>not realizing that the DS2 vs DS3 argument already happened 3 years ago with ACFA/ACVD

Dark Souls development is just the polished turd of all the shit they pulled with AC

>What were the angels supposed to be?
Unrelated to the new game

You forgot to mention that there will be a plethora of characters that lack depth or meaningful dialogue a la DS2, DS3 and BB, because Miyazaki is a great writer who doesn't rely on crutche- I mean references to other franchises.

I'm honestly pretty mad at how many bosses are immune to poison, fucking Friede is immune, how does that make sense? Poison might be slow but at this point I don't care, I want to atleast be able to poison a boss. Gravetender and Greatwolf were a lot of fun because I could poison them, but so many bosses are immune to it it isn't even funny.

Who cares, poison does no damage in DS3 anyways

>You forgot to mention that there will be a plethora of characters that lack depth or meaningful dialogue a la DS2, DS3 and BB,
No souls character had dept or meaningful dialogue, including in DeS and DS1.

No From Soft character has depth or meaningful dialogue, including all the King's Field, Echo Night, Armored Core, Dark Souls and their side series.

Metal Wolf Chaos has probably the most in-depth dialogue of any From Soft game.
>BELIEVE IN YOUR OWN JUSTICE

well, finished ds3
seemed kinda shit
pvp is especially shit
back to invading anor londo on ds1

How the fuck do you use the Way of The Blue item you get from that old bitch across the way from Vordt's bossfight in DS3? I can't find shit about this and its starting to piss me off. How the hell am I supposed to do anything with this covenant? I select it in my inventory, and my only options are to leave or discard it. Use is greyed out. I can't find anything on google so I'm extremely fucking confused. Do I have to get further in the game to use this covenant or what? I'm online, I have xbox gold. Why can't I use this item at all? It doesn't appear under equipment anywhere so I can't do that either.

it does appear in equipment
far right box

I'll boot the game up right now and look because I didn't see it under equipment after searching three times.

go to the page where you equip shit
and then go to the far right box that has a bunch of decoration around it
you can equip covenants there

Its not under equipment. Its under "Inventory" and that's it. What the fuck am I supposed to do with this stupid item? What slot does it equip to? I've checked items, weapons, armour. Its not under any. What am I supposed to do with it?

How do I dex build?

which gaem

40 dex and at best 18 str for washing pole/farron greatsword/black blade/better shield. Use sharp infusion when onehanding a lot, refined might be better when twohanding a lot.

Do I have to buy all four of Siegward's armor pieces (and spear/shield?) or just the Catarina Armor to get him out of the well?

Just the armor, no shield or spear.

Oh please, DeS and DS1 had characters that gave more insight into where they were from, why they were present in the setting, or information on the current setting and lore. Stockpile Thomas, Urbain, Yuria the Witch, Laurentius, Sieglinde, Andre, and Domhnall all either have their own motivations for being in the story and contribute to the lore of the setting. Meanwhile in DS2, DS3, and BB, characters have such little dialogue about the setting and their own motivations that it honestly looks like the writers (and especially Miyazaki) just straight up stopped giving a fuck in order to shit out two cash grabs (DS2 and DS3) and a third that created an interesting setting without characters that properly interacted with that world save for a guy behind a window, and another chick who barely has any dialogue for you throughout her story line.

is there nothing wrong with my Griffith?

I'm playing DS2, not SoFS. I still haven't opened the shrine of winter, or whatever it's called.

What are great weapons, which I can access, for each a dex build, a strength build, and a quality build?
How do I go about farming titanite if mobs eventually stop respawning?
How are hex, miracle, pyromancy, and sorcery builds? Is casting as broken as it was in DS1?

Playing Dark Souls 3 right now and what the fuck is up with the bosses. They just don't let up when attacking and I have to spam dodge to avoid all damage for like 5 times in a row. It's almost impossible to fight a boss cleanly. I always start tanking hits to dish out lots of damage on them in opportune times.

>Ds3 is shit
>Goes back to the unbalanced mess known as ds1
You won't be missed, shitter. And take your shit opinions with you.

bloodborne lol

That's literally all of them.

Hard game.

Not bad, I'd cut his tongue off and remove every bit of muscle from his body.

What about the Estoc? This is for PvE.

And what about endurance?

well both are shit
i just like making people rage in anor londo
you would not believe the amount of hatemail a level 53 with pursuers, dark bead, and crystal soul spear gets

Probably only half of them are really like that. I love it though, maybe it's a shitty way to do it, but it definitely makes them more challenging compared to nearly all the encounters in DaS1/DaS2

>Oh please, DeS and DS1 had characters that gave more insight into where they were from, why they were present in the setting, or information on the current setting and lore.
They did the absolute bare necessity that a tertiary character in an actual story based game would. Dark Souls is not about character development. They're all shallow one note gimmicks. It's like you've never played anything that wasn't a From game, much less read a book.

The sellsword twinblades can carry you through the entire game if you pump dex enough and infuse them with sharp
it is fucking awesome

There is no reason to play DS2 instead of SoFS. Switch.

>and I have to spam dodge
welcome to DS3 do u rike it?

You should be leveling pretty much just dex, vig, and end for a dex build. vig and dex more than endurance

No. I'm playing DS2 first, then once I'm familiar with things I'll switch to SoFS so I'll be able to notice and appreciate the changes made to the game. I want to milk this for as long as possible.

1) Siegmeyer
2) Gough
3) Lautrec
4) Biorr
5) Sun Memer
6) Vengarl
7) Straid
8) Andre
9) Maiden in Black
10) Stockpile Thomas

Estoc is great with sharp infusion. A lot of people have endurance at 20 when using normal sized weapons. I'd go up to 20 and see if you need more from there.

uh

Straid is a meme, Lucatiel is a better DaS 2 NPC.

Dex: Rapier, Partizan, Alonne Greatbow, Warped Sword, Murakumo, any Katana, Pate's Spear

Str: Mace, Estoc, Claymore, Mastodon Greatsword, Battle Axe, Red Rust Sword, Great Club, Large Club, Longsword, Red Iron Twinblade, Greatsword, Zweihander, Lost Sinner's Sword, Pursuer's Ultra Greatsword, Grand Lance, Red Rust Scimitar

Quality: Mirrah Greatsword, Drangleic Sword, Sun Sword

There are almost no true quality weapons in DS2. Most weapons with both Str and Dex scaling only gain ~20-30 AR from max Dex scaling, making them effectively Str weapons.

Unless your weapon is poison, or has a A or higher scaling in Dex, it's better just stop putting points into Dex and buff+infuse instead, putting points into INT/FTH instead of Dex.

you forgot wellager, laurentius, and any of the patches

I'm not saying that these characters are on the same level as a character from a Dostoevsky novel you mong, I'm saying that within the series itself (and by extension Bloodborne) character backstories, arcs, and motivations took a massive nosedive in quality as the series progressed.

>Dark Souls is not about character development

Then why even bother including the characters I mentioned before in DeS and DS1? What's the point in giving them dialogue and backstories? Did you just go through the games and sum up the entire cast based on the fact that a few characters like Lautrec laugh menacingly and go "hurr it's so obvious that he's a villain, this game's writing sucks durr" because you're a contrarian douchenozzle?

Basically, the only way to do a Dex build in DS2 is to make it focused around poison, otherwise it's always to just meet the dex requirement and then dump all your stats into Fth/Int for infusion instead.

>Never find anyone, anywhere.
>Never get summoned as a blue
>Any invasion
>Host has as many summons as he can
>Blue comes in instantly
I just can't win.

I'm saying that there was no change in quality of character writing and you're blinded by nostalgia.

Did anyone have an image like this, but for DS3??
Somebody posted a time ago and now that i gonna make a female character i cant find it

Dark souls has characters.

Dark souls is not -about- character development.

The characters are there to guide the player, provide quests, and explain the world, nothing more.

If Dark Souls had in-depth characters with cinematic scenes and well-written arcs, it wouldn't really add much to the game. It would just take away from the personal growth / player experience.

This isn't Skyrim/Fallout. You're not playing to immerse yourself in 'muh lore', you're playing to fight monsters.

Worst bosses:
1) Nashandra
2) Bed of Chaos
3) Royal Rat Authority
4) One Reborn
5) Vendrick
6) Wolnir
7) Leechmonger
8) Ancient Dragon
9) Curse Rotted Greatwood
10) Prowling Magus

I considered Laurentius, he's on par with Andre or Thomas. Why do you like Wellager?

I'm going to tell Dancer that she doesn't have to be Sullyvahn's slave anymore and that we can run away together!

she is like 80 feet tall man

Skyrim and the recent Fallout games (except new vegas) don't have any more intereting worlds or characters than Dark Souls. They're just even more bland one note content. Dark Souls uses it's extremely minimal characters well enough to at least get some emotional reaction I suppose, so maybe it's a bit ahead even.

look up his dialogue lines
he does the whole undead forgetfulness thing better than lucatiel, and gives a good bit of lore

>people still are upset over Bed of Chaos in 2016

>Nashandra at the top of this list
>beating fucking Bed of Chaos even
>Pinwheel not even on it.
user what are you on

Well good thing I have that size fetish.

1: Siegmeyer
2: Siegward
3: Sieglinde
4: Siegbrau

Get fucked, beanpoles.

I love her anyway!

>I think she's the ugliest souls girl design

>Lucatiel and Irina have the same VA
That really cogitates my cranium

i'd say it's more ds2 vs bb, the arguments are almost 1 to 1

Not From's fault you can't see.

Yeah, DS3 is just bloodborne's aborted child so some of the arguments transfer over.

From Soft has a habit of trying to do new things with each new iteration, including throwing away some of the new things from the previous iteration that were good.

ACV and VD even have the same "bland release but good DLC" relationship that DS2 and SOTFS have. ACV is one of the only games not worth getting in the franchise because ACVD improved it so much, just like how SOTFS improved over DS2.

infusions or resin buffs for dark souls 2?

You can apply buffs on top of infusions in dark souls 2

BEST GAME
E
S
T

G
A
M
E

dont forget your bowl of eggs

It depends on stats but usually infusions if you have any decent amount of mage stats. Plus you can spellbuff infused weapons so you get a double bonus

She lays them for me!

I've made it to Gwyn for the first time.

Any good tips before I fight him?

wear red tearstone ring and wasp ring and parry

If your normal AR is over 190, infusions are better base damage than resins against most enemies

If your normal AR is over 325, infusions are better base damage than resins against enemies with resistance to that element

If you use a spell buff (sunlight blade, CMB etc.) infusions are always better than resins except against bosses with really high resistance to that element (DLC bosses, basically)

Adjust those numbers up if the Dex scaling is A or S, or the strength scaling is over B, A, or S. if the scaling is lower than those letters, then infusion will get you more AR for each point in INT/FTH than it will in uninfused points into Str/Dex.

Don't parry him. Fight him like a man.