Tfw even if you had a kid right this second...

>tfw even if you had a kid right this second, by the time they reach driving age everything will probably unfun electric safety shitboxes
>ywn pass your Veeky Forums knowledge down to your kid
>ywn help them pick out a fun shitbox for their first car
>you will still have your cars from the old days but they probably won't be allowed on the streets

>Kid won't give a fuck about cars anyway
>Kid hates OP for being an asshole dad that has to force his own interests onto his kid
>Nobody will mate with OP so this isn't even a concern

>having kids
I bet you like eating vagina too faggot

Did your gramps father taught you how to repair and buy black/white TV? Or what about how too buy/repair betamax?

Techs evolve fast. Dphuman car driving experience will fade within few decades, when you children are old enough to drive, they will probably get driverless cars.

it's ok my Veeky Forums knowledge is just shitposting so i can pass that down to my kid

if I can drive a horseless carriage today I can drive a shitbox in the future

You better check the CURRENT YEAR m8, teens don't like to drive. Teens getting their license is at an all time low. I'm sure intrusive helicopter parenting is also a factor here, but their is data that states teens willingly choose not to get their license. Now that we have actual cars that drive themselves and that's not just scify shit, that will just increase more.

Do you really think teens that live for validation from their peers will want to be seen in a car you have to drive manually?

If I ever have kids, they will have my stable of vintage automobiles to enjoy and learn to wrench with. I would be excited to see how they keep them on the road and what changes they make.

I fully intend to buy any child I have a project car of their choice* to learn on and help them with repairs, but not outright paying for everything.

*some restrictions DO apply.

uh there's nothing fun about being a poorfag and owning and driving a shitbox

I'm throwing my kid into karting at age 5, what happens to public roads and public transportation and automation is completely irrelevant

really don't understand why you chunk of people romanticize commuting other than being too poor or lazy to get into real racing

I never understood this. I get reasons for not wanting to drive at 16
>expensive as fuck insurance
>a reliable shitbox is a couple grand, which to a teen with a part time McShit job is a ton of money
>cars need constant maintenance that costs money

But outright not getting your license is just irresponsible. Even if you live in NYC and take public transport every day, at some point you will need to drive if you have any kind of actual job. I know two girls who are 22 and still haven't got their license.

Eh, I think we will all be dead before manual combustion engine cars are fully banned. You don't just transition to something new in a few years, especially when the replacement is still prohibitively expensive and riddled with problems

>tfw Veeky Forumstists become a new breed of Amish that shuns computer driven cars

If Amish carriages can slow traffic and cause accidents today, my Miata can get in the way of AI safety bubble cars in the future

If that happens, I will be the leader of this religion.

I would raise my kid to be anti car and live in the city

driving is a chore and I wouldnt want them to suffer

>roads are just for commuting now

t. someone who never has explored back roads or just gone on a drive wherever

>Even if you live in NYC and take public transport every day, at some point you will need to drive if you have any kind of actual job
Not really true anymore, I know multiple people who got rid of their cars years ago and have no desire to replace them because depending on where you live driving sometimes just doesn't matter anymore.

It's like you think Craigslist won't exist in 20 years.

I don't mean owning a car, I mean being a licensed driver

I know, I just mean like, if people who are used to driving are giving up cars with no real reason to think they'll get one again, why would someone who's growing up now want to get a car?

>pass Veeky Forums knowledge to kid

Probably not the best idea

I'd be worried if I had a kid with my girlfriend because then she might try and make me sell my car. Now I would tell her to fuck off but the constant bitching and moaning would drive me fucking crazy.

>dad I need a car
>buy a civic for 3k faggot

I dunno man, just seems stupid to be an adult that can't legally drive
>hey Bill can you take the company car on a food run for the office party? It's too much to carry onto the bus
>haha no I'm 27 but don't have my license lol

Actually yeah, I do. But not kids. Having kids sucks ass

Most modern kids don't give a fuck about cars. They'd rather sit in front of a TV and rot their brains away with video games.

>Teens don't like to drive

This, I got my license the day I turned 16, yet the vast majority of my peers waited until nearly 18 to even start looking at any sort of permit tests

Teenagers shouldn't be allowed to drive.
Majority of all fatal accidents are caused by 16 year olds.

do you people live in some strange imaginary land where reality isnt reality?
teens are no less enthusiastic about driving and owning a car than their parents or parents parents were. most shitbox modded silvias or wrx or skyline or hondas or whatever i see are driven by people under the age of 18. 14 year olds saving every cent from working at mcdonalds to buy a clapped out 180sx... no different to a baby boomer working in his fathers corner store to buy a baby boomer mobile.

r9ktier nerds should get off the internet and into real life. the tumblrite 'millennials' you see screen-capped on /pol/ DO NOT represent the majority, they are like 1%
srsly

I have a car and a baiku. I still sit infront of computer and rot away playing video games and watching weeb shit.

>I still see young Veeky Forumstists driving Veeky Forums cars!

No shit retard, he didn't say ALL teens weren't into driving, he said in comparison to previous generations, less teens are getting their licenses. It's no surprise people into cars are at the DMV at 7am sharp on their birthday. It's people not into cars skipping out, preferring to mooch off others as long as possible

>preferring to mooch off others as long as possible
Hate this. You give them a lift once in the winter and suddenly -1C is unbearable.

My kid, like me, will know that back in the day his pops had 2 f-bodies and a fucking full size bronco and he will also own an f-fbody just like I do because my dad had one.

If he's lucky he might get my old one which I didn't get from my old man.

Me and my dad have owned literally the same cars and trucks

Teach them to drive the good old cars, so they can save normies when their self-driving cars go berserk.