/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Fishface In Natural Habitat Edition

>Starlight Celebration (December 15th - December 31st)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/The_Starlight_Celebration/

>Heavensturn (December 31st - January 14th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/Heavensturn/

>Free login campaign (December 1st - January 4th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7f6f03825f75fdb71701f7ad9f68cbf4d8ab3bca

>Patch 3.45 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c55a99e864094c0c7dfcbde0fa35bd9fda60dfcb

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Stormblood Expansion Teaser:
youtube.com/watch?v=mAobb8_SzHY

>Red Mage Teaser:
streamable.com/25l4x

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu

Previously on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5fNhD_lP1F4
youtube.com/watch?v=fb8PKlL96p8
youtube.com/watch?v=AE6djfQDfeI
youtube.com/watch?v=kMkKpP62sBw
youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PgVl0Nlc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

naka's puffy bp

I want to marry an elezen~!

Xth for how the hell do you use the /gpose menu on controller?

To the one user who wanted to get a cat to milk them, they are apparently alone now.

Xth for WHERES THE MUSIC

youtube.com/watch?v=5fNhD_lP1F4

CUTE miqote MALES!

Highlanders

I started playing this game a couple of hours ago.
Any tips for a beginner?

Posting this in the new thread!
Cleaned up my WIP Roegadyn female a tad from the last thread. Tips on improvement?

How much do maid/butler codes go for?

I miss this highlander...

Xaela>Raen

Dont think that your tied to your starting job forever. If you dont like it you can unlock any other job available to you and pick it up no problem.

Post her character data.

who is this...

Wildwood>Duskwight

Follow the Main Story Quest line and you'll level up pretty quickly for the most part. Be sure to do Hall of the Novice as soon as you're level 15. Be sure to read up on what cross class skills you need and what other class you need to turn your class into a job at level 30. Don't join the Novice Network, it's generally awful and full of mentors just using it as a personal chat. Be nice to people and you'll get niceness in return 99.5% of the time. Also if you rolled a cat girl, fantasia right now

I am not going to lie my dude, I am the newest of new to this game and I don't know how to do this.

Dunesfolk>Plainsfolk

Hellsguard>Seawolves

>Garo armor is PvP
Fuck me sideways
Googled monk pvp rotation, is this accurate?

All Hyurs are good

youtube.com/watch?v=fb8PKlL96p8

Highlander males are objectively awful though user!

But all Miqo'te are shit

>Garo armor is PvP
>mainly play SMN
Sure mate, rotate all you want.

I'm not really important anymore, sadly

They are if you don't give them manly facial hair

RIP ftelor tia...

This is correct.

Yeah, if you marry horses

Which skin tone are you using?

They can be pretty good.
Problem is, they suffer more from limited choices of looks than other race and gender combinations save for lalafell who all look the same.

Better than being a smelly homeless refugee or some garlean officers "spoils of war" lmao

What did you clean up? She looks exactly the same and still fine, go with it.

If that's a pvp joke that went right over my head cause I have no idea what you mean

Autorun

thanks bae

Thanks guys.

And yeah I've checked her skin/hair tone under the different environment settings, all good on that front. What I'm doing now is listening to the voice sample clips on youtube; my friend warned me that certain voices are pretty grating if you play a melee class, and I intend to be a ninja (until they add Samurai) so I need to watch out for that. Thinking of going with Voice 1 at the moment.

Monk is the strongest dps in pvp, that is what he meant.

You have to like press L1 and the touchpad I think. Either that, or square/triangle.
youtube.com/watch?v=AE6djfQDfeI

hello

post feet

/goodbye

Oh boy I sure can't wait for those 15 red mage 24 man raids.
It will be hilarious to see the loot rolls

Square/triangle worked, thank you so much fellow Elezen sir.

youtube.com/watch?v=kMkKpP62sBw
Forgot my image.

By the time 4.1 comes out most people will go back to play the other jobs

Yep no problem.
L2 will freeze your character and R2 freezes everyone in place.

youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PgVl0Nlc

I was researching about the history of original FFXIV 1.0 which was failure. I want to know what happened to the original director. According to wikipedia he resigned "because of health reasons" - which is not probably true at all. Also, how much of the game's failure was his "fault" in the first place? Just curious to know as it was a great thing they managed still to turn around the initial failure. That's the power of Japanese steel, folded over 1,000,000 times.

Thinking of starting the game, are there any DPS classes that are especially weak that I should think twice about?

No, all of the classes in this game are actually very well balanced. No class is unviable in any content.

summoner drg mch ninja blm smn mnk

avoid these dps classes and you will get into any static you want

ninja and monk

he was the director and the producer, he had virtually complete control over the game. i'm sure he had people offering him ideas and suggestions but ultimately he made the choices about the direction of the game.

>Summoner twice
Well fuck you too pal
>Recommending bard and machinist
Shoot yourself

What should I do until 3.5? Have a house, good enough gear, midway to my blood emperor axe but cant be bothered to get it.

t. balmunger

no he listed mch

he's saying only level brd which is dumb

But do you have a gf yet?

Balance in this game is good on the whole and you can do well with any class.

The worst by a pretty wide margin at the moment (in endgame, in a raid environment) is Monk.
Summoner and Black Mage are the next two "worst" (the quotation marks are pretty important when I say that because neither is bad at all).

Dragoon is the strongest overall, Ninja and Machinist are not far behind, and Bard is only a little behind those last two.

Where the lalas at

>highest single target damage
>worse
EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?????????

Can we talk about the worst thing in this game and why it's the weekly tomestone cap?

>t. i have no idea why some jobs are "better" right now so i talk out of my ass

BLM does more without having to run around like a Adderall ridden child.

I wouldn't say it's a "wide margin" for MNK being the worst. It IS the worst in a raid environment, but 98% of groups would never notice the difference between having a MNK and a different melee.

>highest single target damage
>offers no debuffs/buffs which benefit the group
>it's marginal individual DPS lead is outpaced by both NIN debuff and DRG crit buff
>DRG additionally brings piercing debuff for your BRD/MCH (jk, fuck MCH)

MNK is trash.

entire name of the game for group comp is raidwide party utility, because SE is retarded to the point that the classes with little party utility don't do enough damage to outweigh the alternative class
summoner will still outweigh it on a fight like a9s because the aoe damage is so disgusting
either way it is true that they're technically the weakest, that was the point of the quotations in the post, however most of the reason comps with a caster have remained relevant are caster specific mechanics

The worse thing in this game is hair clipping. Damn near kills all my glamor options with this "everything must have a high as fuck collar" game

It does the most damage if you have an AST, NIN, DRG and MCH all supporting it.

But then it offers nothing to the rest of the group so you drop it for a BRD.

I think the system is fine.
I would prefer if you would have a system that would be friendly to people that start later in the patch.
For example, if it's a month into the patch, you could cap a month worth of tomestones and then just buy gear to catch up, instead of having the same weekly limit that everyone else does, which means that you will be behind.

Considering MCH when I hit HW content. Is it fun? Easy to level?

BRD + Healer dps > MNK dps

It's fun, yes, but it's widely considered to be the most difficult class to play well currently.
That said, it's still easy to level - you barely need to know how to play the game to level at a decent pace.

>is it fun
subjective

>easy to level
there's little difference between jobs while leveling outside of queue times between dps, tank, healer

>widely considered to be the most difficult class to play well
stop posting

>The worst by a pretty wide margin at the moment (in endgame, in a raid environment) is Monk.
The one I was most interested in too. Might end up going tank instead then.

It's not just that, BRD has zero conflicting interaction with the group and it also has paean for WAR.

The other thing that doesn't get mentioned a lot is MCH + BRD enables the MCH to play mana hypercharge over the BRD, which leads to more foe uptime just off of the fact that the BRD isn't spending mana on ballad, nevermind the mana they get from the MCH ballad. It grows infinitely stronger as a fight has any period of downtime

Hardest to play? Heard the opposite, that it's mostly just a pet class like SMN or SCH. Since I leveled Smn and Sch first, I figured it'd be up my alley

Are you the guy that thinks warrior is difficult to play?
:3

>pugging

just play monk dude this shit only matters if you're in the top

That damage contribution of a class is the sum of that class's personal damage, plus the amount of damage that they boost the rest of the party's DPS by.

Monk basically averages about 80-150 more personal DPS than a Dragoon at current gear levels, but the Dragoon is contributing 150-200 extra party DPS through Battle Litany, and another ~150 DPS for every Bard and Machinist in the party.

When you look at it in terms of total contribution and actually start figuring out who's contributing what, Monk is probably the lowest DPS in the game currently.

(Again this applies only to an optimized endgame raid environment, and Monk is actually pretty good in the more casual types of endgame content.)

That's true enough but by the same token 98% of groups would never notice the difference between any two DPS classes in general as long as they have the Limit Breaks they want.

That's what I (intended to) say by saying that the game's balance on the whole is pretty good. The differences are only important if you're optimizing.

>Is it fun?
I, personally, find it to be extremely miserable to play. When I play MCH I can never get into that groove that I do when playing every other DPS.
>Easy to level?
Yeah, it's pretty easy to level.

Do you know what I gate most about monk? That the loot table always drops monk shit with high priority. Id rather level every class 1-60 including doh and dol than to ever touch a monk jobstone, the class is trash and the only reason I think we even have monks is because lootchests just shit out monk gear.

>pegging

shirou...

MCH's opener and subsequent optimizations are pretty fucked imo. It's not much of a pet class - your turret sits and autoattacks until you hypercharge it or promote it, which turns it into an immobile bard song. Other than that, it does nothing.
See:
>The differences are only important if you're optimizing.
Play whatever interests you, the game's super balanced.

anyone who plays brd and mch together will tell you it's easy street and bard fits that bill much better
MCH gameplay is a slog compared to BRD where you're essentially hitting buttons that light up for 90 seconds while hitting things as they come off cooldown, which those buttons also conveniently light up as the CD ends on a skill so it just further adds to that effect. It's 100% a set rotation that's mapped to muscle memory with little reactionary play and that's the exact reason everyone says MNK is the easiest DPS to play

MCH isn't a pet class, you literally just place a turret and it autoattacks for you. there is no micromanaging or anything you really do with the turret except in the case of AoE where you place an AoE turret down in a spot that overlaps every target.

you think ranged monk is diffcult

All this raid talk. How well does SMN work in raids?

every single job is raid viable through the most difficult content

monk is considered worse because it brings very little utility to the party compared to the other DPS. It's not a bad job at all in terms of dealing damage, It has very high personal DPS, it just has party utility skills that are less useful than those of many of the other DPS so people claim that makes it bad.

So monk pvp, how do I do it?