FIXING A HONDA or: HOW I LEARNED TO STOP WORRYING AND HOOK UP THE BATTERY BACKWARDS

Tile explains all

Dubs decide if I will get tetanus from this

So I bought a honda to fill in the hole in my soul left by an Echo, a ditch, a tree and a whole lot of understeer. It doesn't work yet, but I'm getting there.

CURRENTLY DONE, YET I FORGOT TO TAKE PHOTOS:
>Battery
The old one was kill, so I blew $110 on a new one, it starts under its own power now to make this easier. Had it half hooked up backwards, read the manual and then did it right.

As of now, I'm aware there's a vacuum leak somewhere, just tore out the first airbox, pretty easy as all but one nut was sheared.

>CAUTION: this thread will contain potato-quality photos, you have been warned

Ok, the car still starts as normal as it does as of now, so the vacuum leak is somewhere between the engine and the filter box.

There's some hose jammed in there, is that important?

BRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP

sniff...sniiff...ahh...sniff...ahh yesss...sniffsniff
...is that...sniff...mmm yess...is that a hint of...sniff...sniff...yes chicken curry...sniff
...aahhh...sniff...yes my dear...sniff...ahhh

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP

sniffsniff...my goodness yes...sniffsniff...a hint of...sniffsniff...a hint of garlic sausage ahhh...sniff...sniff...and...and
sniff...sniff...eggs oohh my...sniff...ahh my dear...sniff...a little nugget...sniffsniff...allow me...mmmm...sniff...such a delicacy...

What?

What the fuck

There's fucking peanuts falling out of the filter box

Fucking squirrel living in the filter box...
The nuts are rusted to rivets, I'll visit the scrapyard tomorrow to get a new one. For tonight, I've done all I can. Continuing this tomorrow.

>just bought a Honda
May your wallet and free time RIP friendo

I avoided buying a golf for that exact reason...
Might as well make the ride as comfy as possible at this point.

What gen/motor did ya get?
Use to have an 03-d16 civic that would blow it's ECU every other week(even after re-wiring..) got sick of being stuck in limpmode so I took it into the bush lit it on fire and bought a 16eco kek.

It's a 7th gen with a D17A, Wikipedia says.
While PearlWhiteLS400's VIN check said it has 1.3 mil kilometres, odometer only shows 301 thousand, and all with only a tiny oil leak to show.

Money pit- The car edition

I now accept donations via Paetron

First of all take off the entire plastic intake manifold and clean it to make sure there's no shit inside of it, also check if there's no cracks in it that could cause the vacuum leak.
After that change the filters and fluids, check valve clearance, belts and you're set. I have a 2004 with a d17a1 (non vtec sladly) and that thing is absolutely bulletproof.

VTEC is overrated, anyways.

The fluids for the most part are good, the only things that need attention are the oil, timing belt and accessory belt. I'm not even gonna try checking the filter box, I pulled a handful of peanuts out of it, and it's still packed with dry berries. Bolts on it are rusted solid, too, so I'm just gonna take it off and replace it.

Should have got another toyota so that you can spin out and roll down a cliff just by changing lanes at 30mph

I'd like to try getting another echo, so I can put it off the road at 180kmh this time, and hope it kills me this time.

Whoops, accidentally had a little chemotherapy session there, tumour's back.

Kek what did you do to your echo? How fast

>falling for the $3k civic meme
Good job

80kmh, under steered off a hairpin at 9:00 at night.

Don't ask, it's very clearly fucking stupid in retrospect.

100 feet into the woody marsh, 10-15 foot ditch in either side, and took down a tree as it rolled. I don't have pictures now, but I can get them tomorrow. Only injury between me and passenger was a cut on my hand.
>$3k civic meme
Pfft. Come back when you score a baby like this for six hundred Kanadian shekels.

>600cad
So like 3k usd.
Nice quads btw

Holy shit, didn't notice the quads.
Does that mean I'm a real tripfaggot now?

Only if you post gore pics of the echo.

I'll have them first thing tomorrow, just for you user

Heres my you
Made me lmao lol

Whenever i get a car I go with
Fuel filter, oil, plugs and electron lube, air filter if it needs it
With yours id do a quick squish of the brake juice and get out all of that old shit so you can stop your japenese wheel wagon

Yeah, brakes should be bled soon.

What state are you in echofag?

The one with the snow

And trailer parks
And recidivists

Trailer parks?
I haven't seen one of those in a while. Are you sure you aren't thinking of those fucks in Newfoundland?

Trailer Park Boys is filmed near Halifax.

Oh, trailer park boys, almost forgot about that...
I've never met, or heard about anything happening even remotely similar to that show.
I HAVE, however, met Bubbles twice.

i think i have seen your car before

Really? Where?

does it start?

Yup, it idles real funny though.
If you think you've seen it driving, it's not me, mine isn't inspected, insured or registered.

bamp

Photos are en-route, stay tunes for car gore

Looking at these again makes me kinda sad...

This one captures the carnage best.

RIP fat Tercel

Indeed...
I learned stick on it, RIP fat tercel.

Sucks man but holy shit that could've easily kind you both

Yeah, I know that, I'm thankful to be here, still kinda sour, but I'm excited to finally move on.

Couldn't make any progress with the Civic today, the inconsiderate people at the junkyard closed early, no filter box for now.

Still more peanuts in the engine bay