would you do it?
is it shitty?
could someone, get away with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QgXo-XpFzWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hopefully you kill yourself drunk driving

make the world a better place and stop wasting oxygen

More people do it than you think and many of them do it without any truly evil or sinister intention. I am confident that most people go overboard with it.

I got caught for a DUI a few years back and I got my shit pushed in so fucking hard that I will never even dare to think about driving while drunk again.

Anyways, you shouldn't do it and you're a dumbass if you do. I hope you have $10,000 set aside for lawyer/probation/court fees.

All the prospects of college and succeeding in life were taken away from me because of a drunk driver. I'm at the point where repeat drunk drivers should be shot in the fucking head if they don't stop.

I don't want to seem like a complete fucking degenerate,but I've always done it.Not drunk in a state of complete shifaceness,no just tipsy. When I go out to drink,I drink enough to have a good time and feel the buzz.but when I know I've had enough I'll stop. When I'm druck as fuck,I usually just puke it out,sleep it off or whatever I could to make the drunkness go away then I drive.

Give us the story, user.

Driving while looking at or talking on your phone is just as dangerous.

Only people who A. can't drive or B. are too drunk to even operate, are shitty drunk drivers.

Nothing really special, I was driving home from marksmanship practice whilst a Junior in high school, drunk driver came over 2 lanes and the median and slammed head on into me. L2-L5 vertebrae got fucked up, significant nerve damage and partial paralyzation in the process. Also had a severe neck sprain, several broken ribs, and a few other goodies to boot. Got lucky all things considered... I can walk after physical therapy, but with the help of a walker.

Was daytime drunk driving once and turned some grandma into a hood ornament. Luckily I got the connects to a top tier lawyer who managed to convince the judge she was jaywalking and I got off without any trouble

A lot of us have driven home when we probably shouldn't have.

It's something that shouldn't be done, but as long as cars and booze exist, will be done.

You should really look into StartingStrength. There are countless stories of people fucking themselves up beyond recognition (severe spinal injuries, severe leg injuries, etc...) with doctors telling them they'll never walk again/never lift again etc... and eventually making a pretty damn good recovery through the process of strength training.

youtube.com/watch?v=QgXo-XpFzWw

>what do you think of it?
Dumb, inconsiderate, pointless.
>would you do it?
Never. Because of this I always end up as DD.
>is it shitty?
Yes.
>could someone, get away with it?
Yeah. I think it'd be more fun though, if they get themselves into an eye-opening accident that doesn't cause harm to any other persons or animals. Or damage property, because even that has more value than their life at that moment they considered it good idea.

Foundations (yoga program) is better

speaking as someone with ruptured discs on L3, L4, and L5

It's not a big deal in a wrangler, those things basically drive themselves and if you swerve off road your fine anyways. and if you hit anything your bumper will destroy it or you'll roll right over it on 35 Mud Tracs and not even feel it. That straight six will be fine too

>all these fuckers defending drunk driving
It's already a dangerous enough activity. You know that. It only takes one look in an accident thread. Why increase the risk just to drink somewhere that isn't home?

I would say drunk driving is the one thing teenagers/college kids actually listen to their parents about. Nobody drives drunk or they get seriously bitched at, especially by girls. It's just universally something that's looked down upon by almost everyone.

Your parents and your grandparents probably drove wasted all the time, you were allowed open alcohol in the car back then. You're here so it's obviously not really dangerous if you do it properly.

It's stupid
No
Yes
Yes

I also hope you die. If you tell me who you are, you will eventually die.

boomers confirmed for retarded

Not gonna lie, drunk driving is fun but it's fucked up if you do it on public roads. I'm an advocate for one to use drugs and whatnot but when you put others in danger it's just selfish and I hope the cops fuck you in the ass with a night stick before giving you a felony and a 10k fine.

It's piss easy to get away with in Europe, there's barely any patrols and there's apps that help you avoid DUI checkpoints.

It's a mentality, back when I was in college (5 years ago) I used to drive with a few to many beers pretty much on a daily basis, not full on drunk, but impaired senses for sure. People bitched about it at first but after a while they got used to it and they wouldn't even bother mentioning it anymore. I was just "that kind of guy".

But honestly most people wouldn't even notice I was tipsy, only a breathing test would give it away. Nothing serious ever happened and I grew out of it by my last year of college. My point being, it's still a very teenage thing to do, it's reckless and you don't really realize what the consequences might be.

A lot of teenagers also underestimate the effects of driving while high on weed. Fuck that shit.

At least with weed the high is fairly linear, since you're smoking it which is damn near direct. With alcohol it's hard to tell when you're going to go from 0 to fucked.

I don't agree completely, if you're a regular drinker you'll know what you're up for after x beers

What are edibles? Most people don't actually smoke here since it's legal to buy edibles, no smelly weed baking to add a barrier to entry.

>one cookie:
>20min: "Ha, i'm so happy, this is hilarious"
>60min: "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
>120min: "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude"
>two cookie:
>10min: "dude, woah"
>60min: "...."
>120min: "duuuu"
>180min: "u"
>240min: "ude, woah"

Driving drunk is probably one of the shittiest things you can do as a person, second to texting and driving. Sure, you can get away with it for a while, but if you do it regularly you will get caught. And there's just no reason to do it. There are cabs, Uber, bicycles, feet, friends, non judgemental family members, scared neighbors that'll drive to keep you calm, roller skates, and any other way you can imagine that are more responsible to get around. There is literally no reason to drive while intoxicated.

>bicycles

My little sister broke her arm when she was hit by an inattentive cyclist

He was a fat fucker too.

I meant only inhaled cannabis, my dear friend.

i don't do it

first off because its extremely retarded.
if i lose control and kill someone in an accident sober, at least i know i was in the full posession of my senses and reflexes, but if i kill someone drunk, even if it NOT my fault, ill always ask myself if i could have prevented the accident otherwise.

also the flight school would kick me out and you dont get a job in that field if you ever drove drunk.

another point is that my dad was killed by a drunk driver, which is KIND OF ironic because he drove drunk a lot and my mom was always worried HE will kill someone driving drunk.

Not worth it at all, I had to learn the hard way
>at party with drinks and whatnot
>fast forward past all the drinking and it's time to go home
>I'm good right? Probably yea
>driving home
>for some reason it occurs to me I gotta take a shit
>fuck stopping
>drunk self figures I can probably hold my ass out the window and steer with my foot
>get in position and start dropping my load
>but wow steering with your foot while shitting and drunk is a lot harder than anticipated
>and if my feet are on the seat and steering wheel, who is working the brake?
>no one that's who
>foot jerks the wheel and I fall out of car
>car crashes into ditch
>hit the pavement without pants at about 20mph
>have a lot of explaining to do at the hospital

Never again after that

I think it's stupid

Have done it many times (it's still fucking stupid)

Never been caught. yes you could get away with it.

Tried it twice, will never do it again.

>3 cans of beer
>smooth sailing overall
>got home slightly longer than usual

>lots of brandy + a few shots of rum and vodka
>was talking to myself all the way
>notice every car on the other lane laying the horn on me
>wtf I din du nuffinz
>why is the highway so small
>realized I was actually driving on the opposing lane the whole time
>kept going anyway
>got home safe without a scratch, praise jesus

as a first responder, to anyone who drinks and drives, or texts and drives, FUCK YOU

that is all i have to say on that matter

Don't.
No.
Yes.
Unfortunately.

I've done it way more than anyone ever should, which is more than 0 times. Crashed ~6 times and totaled two cars. Never got caught tho but the moral hangover is something fierce

/thread

Its amazing how far the drunk mind will go to justify bad behaviour if you really want something.

>dude crashes 6 times while driving drunk
>is still alive

i hate the world we live in.

That's some comedy movie level stupidity user

Drunk drivers are scum but it is somewhat the fault of city planners to not offer better public transit or sobering up options than a police car.

get a pacifier

In some states walking drunk with your keys in you is enough for a DUI

or even sleeping on your own car to sober up

I mean, driving drunk SHOULD be a crime, but for fuck sakes, MADD/the gubamint re a bunch of fucking lunatics

Who cares if the car is driving itself?

my dad once had a drunk dude crashing in the back of his pickup when he and his friends came back from hunting. dude was tailgating them before.

it was just a fender bender and when he got out, he noticed the dude was completely drunk, so he and his friends literally kicked a few of his teeth out and drove off. i guess he didnt go to the cops because it wasnt in the papers or anything, its a few years ago though.

i hope this happens to you as well

>what do you think of it?
I wouldn't recommend it and it's super dangerous
>would you do it?
I used to all the time, no more
>is it shitty?
Yes
>could someone, get away with it?
Yes

>my dad is beta and has emotional issues
ok? lol

this

>guy has fucked vertebrae
>hurr durr SS squatz n oatz

Fuck off Rippletits

>getting your teeth kicked down your throat by a beta with emotional issues
i dont see how thats making anything better, but the best is, you can do pretty much anything if shit like this happens. what should he have done?
>police pls help i was completely shitfaced, got into an acciedent, and this dude fucked my shit up

according to the buddy of his who told me about it, the dude was really fucked up. who knows, maybe the next bar he wants to get shitfaced at needed a wheelchair ramp