/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

I wish I was dead edition

>Starlight Celebration (December 15th - December 31st)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/The_Starlight_Celebration/

>Heavensturn (December 31st - January 14th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/Heavensturn/

>Free login campaign (December 1st - January 4th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7f6f03825f75fdb71701f7ad9f68cbf4d8ab3bca

>Patch 3.45 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c55a99e864094c0c7dfcbde0fa35bd9fda60dfcb

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Stormblood Expansion Teaser:
youtube.com/watch?v=mAobb8_SzHY

>Red Mage Teaser:
streamable.com/25l4x

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu

Previously on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kJ8XDWx8VWM
youtube.com/watch?v=x5kisPBwZOM
youtube.com/watch?v=kv1IQus9-S0
youtube.com/watch?v=PyFM1YxKulw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It wasn't DRAKN, it was a supposedly normie FC. Oh well.

the only kind of hung catboys this general needs

You guys know soft doesnt erp though right?

Good morning squares.

The guild might not endorse it, but some people there might.

the people who did went to DRAKN
actually nearly all traces of guard are gone from soft

>still led by the grown scatman erper himself
>the fat man from zimbabwe
>the obese erplord who pretended he lost internet for a month when he got a 30 day ban
>adolf adelphel

/pet

What are you looking forward to today user?

Noose bro's nooses.

I think you're giving him a little too much credit. Ada is just a dumbass kid he's not Hannibal Lecter.

WoW bads please leave. No one cares about your achievements.

cats

what happens if you try teleporting to your eb while they're flying but you don't have a flying mount?

>Hey do you want to do ____ together?
It won't happen though

bp's red bp

you get ported to the aetheryte, even if you have a flying mount

My glasses are ready at the shop! I'm just waiting on my ride to get here. Being able to see again will be nice. After running errands, I'm gonna take a crack at the MSQ again and do the Ixal dailies.

>

this is pretty accurate, i'm more like jack the ripper. messy and untrained and very good at running away

I WAS WORLD SIXTEENTH

DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW HARD WOW RAIDING IS

Just starting this game, what server should i play on that's populated and chill?

Thank!

>HARD
>WOW RAIDING
kys

not balmung

I've been struggling so much to try and get back into this game, first I ran into the whole "Unable to download patch files. [30413][25008][20495]" for a few days, then suddenly trying to log in on the launcher it said my account was expired while on the mogstation everything is in order and i've got like 28 days of my subscription left, currently waiting for the heavensward order to be checked by square so I can add it to my account already.
Then I might FINALLY be able to play.

My character is currently Elzen, mainly playing as WHM/AST and I wanna pick up either BRD/MCH/RDM in the future.

I'm a little torn if I should use my free fantasia to become an au ra or a Baraboi

Try to make a character on Gilgamesh, Behemoth, Excalibur or Leviathan. Balmung is the most populated server and that's where most posters here play but you'll have to pay for a transfer to get on it due to SE genius character creation system. IIRC Leviathan has an actual vg guild on it, the others have scattered players and maybe a linkshell (like a private chat channel)

He's being ironic friend.

Become a Au RA boy, they're literally the best male race. Also WHM is pretty eh right now, Better off focusing on AST.

so?
Its not like a guild pastime
guard were cool too tbqh

>every "muh fflogs" elitist here wouldn't even be able to beat mythic ursoc

i had this issue and it's a pain. What is happening is the update is getting stuck on a file so you need to
1) wait for the game to error during update
2) run a VPN ( a free one like ghost)
3) restart the updater which will download slow as fuck but it will get past the patch thats erroring
4) when you feel comfortable close the vpn and you'll pickup after where things stopped and it should finally download everything that's left

this thread NEEDS pictures of FELINE males!!1

White Mage is fucking beast mode people are just addicted to AST Balance

>flashbacks of ursoc fucking off into the wall and being untargetable yet still doing damage

Did they ever fix that?

I only watched the first boss on Heroic and it looked like a joke...

I like raiding in WoW though how it has branching pathways for bosses to fight.

POST YOUR WAR FACE

AND YOU WAR SONG

youtube.com/watch?v=kJ8XDWx8VWM

Go back to /y/

>guard were cool too tbqh
who knows where we'd be if we never merged... i'd probably have transfered or something or quit. we wuz kangs i don't regret it though, only way is forward

agreed 2bh

make a f*cking imgur album of your malera ffs

>mythic ursoc
dps race is sure hard

Twerk emote when

when are the pedos from Soft and Drakn going to merge to one giant erp fc

don't do it!!!!!!

yeah, i'm setting the bar extremely low so trash like xiv raiders could maybe reach it

/pet
spoogly boogly

youtube.com/watch?v=x5kisPBwZOM

>ywn protect that smile

Hold me brethren...

can you put a noose on this cat?

>implying anything in WoW compares to playing BRD at a semi-decent level

Lol. Sure is hard when you literally just have to manage resources.

Did they massively increase the Luminous Crystal drop chance or was I just extremely unlucky the other 3 times ?

youtube.com/watch?v=kv1IQus9-S0

this is false flag

abe post

That hand is dangerously low

forgot to post the marksman rotation compared to FFXIV picture.

Is there any real point in using Stoneskin on the tank?
I thought it of a small buffer to protect squishy people from being one shot or something.

>getting baited

never should be used outside prepull, unless it ensures a weakend dps to survive raidwide damage that would kill them

I'm about to make my first retainer. What should I hire? I'm no good with character design, so any tips would help.

It's good for damage mitigation if you know a bigass dickpunch swing is coming and you want to make sure the tank is topped off. It also gives you time to throw DoTs or whatever on the boss at the beginning of the fight and lightens the load a bit.

C A T
A
T

Elezen females. They wear everything excellently.

>Remember back during T9 progression when healers would spend a bunch of time during golems trying to get SS up on everybody for Megaflare

It probably wasn't any more necessary then than it is in 3.0 even considering Graniteskin but it's kind of weird to think how much more cautiously people played the game in ARR

You can put it on the tank in between pulls in a dungeon if you time it right so you don't make everyone wait for your cast, but honestly it's totally unnecessary. Its main use is as extra insurance to keep people with weakness from dying to raid wide damage. It has some situational value for tankbusters when you don't have a scholar, are undergeared for a hard hitting fight, and/or you've got an idiot tank who can't manage their cooldowns

Don't ever try to use it like a regular gcd heal during a fight though

i don't want to die please

no it's fine everything is a-okay

I already am a cat.

Sounds nice. Black or white elf?

Where's my 2.9m GP BOND MONEY ELK

wildwood with cinnamon skin and red hair by red I mean deep redbrown hair, make the eyes hazel

post lewd dragon girls and elezens!

Can someone post the lore book section where it says Y'shtola likes getting pedicures

footfag leave

I put a few minor tweaks on the face, but I haven't touched the mouth and nose yet. I'm not too sold on the haircut, though.

Is it just me or is DF/RF pretty dead right now?

lewdness is an illusion

im retarded and posted in the wrong thread

MERRY CHRISTMAS AGAIN EVERYONE
HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR HOLIDAYS AND SPENDING TIME WITH THOSE WHO MATTER TO YOU IF YOU HAVE ANY

already better than most of the elezen here desu
pst the haircuts you like the most though try to stay away from a lot of muti race long hair options

name/server/marital status/sexual preference?

It's the early afternoon in the US and some people are back at work after xmas, others are still out of town for the holidays or have people over and can't play, etc.

I wouldn't expect things to be popping quick right now or for the next few days

Claire Leyden/Balmung/Unmarried/As long as you're pretty it's okay.

>in the quicksands
>relatively new yet spamming selfies
you are going to end up getting pressured into lewd by some user if you haven't already by now and you will give in if they are an ebin because you want the attention

This one seems alright. Shortened her eyebrows + nose, gave her a mole, put some things on her ears.

I'm going to print out this pic and do terrible things to it.

adelais auteuil/balmung/not yet married/none specified

youtube.com/watch?v=PyFM1YxKulw

!

/pet

10/10 would go on duties with
dont be gross

cat

Where am I?
I miss me...

nyo

i want to be in this c@s sugar walls

are you royalty?