/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless and 4X Games General

superior things that are gone with patches edition
>Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) - well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums - - - - civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games - - - - - - - - - - - - - - civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 - - - - - play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) - dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter - - - - - - - - - - - - - georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding - modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop - steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods - - - - - - -- forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods - - - - - - - - pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Stellaris Resources
- Steam group - - - - - - - - steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris
- Mod archive - - - - - - - -- mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations - pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual - - - - - - cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 -- - - - - - endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 -- - - - - - endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements - pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories - - - - mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/70Bb64RMU2Q
bboy360.com/Default.aspx
moddb.com/mods/star-wars-galactic-battlegrounds-expanding-fronts
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687807002
youtube.com/watch?v=kFHO18vFc8o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What are the scenarios of Civ 6 like? Were there any with vanilla? Do the DLC scenarios add anything to the base game beyond Poland? Are they fun?

I am fond of pigs

it's alright, not great though

>Empire suddenly splits up after an impromptu civil war

Should I have mentioned that I'm letting the AI play on the biggest map possible in-game? Will it still be able to conquer the map then?

Does the cheevo for taking full advantage of Gandhi's UA require you not to found a religion?

It's clunky, and some mechanics are a bit questionable.

It probably will be great once they release some more DLC for it, but as of now, I can't recommend it.

>cheevos
FUCK

youtu.be/70Bb64RMU2Q

This guy is still at it, too.

WHY THE FUCK AM I BANKRUPT I HAVE A POSITIVE GOLD PER TURN WHAT THE GODDAMN FUCK IS GOING ON.

The math was implemented by the same people who failed at implementing mouse scrolling.

>Trying to get into forgotten because their research mechanic is actually really fun.
>First try started decently but fell off because I just spied and ran around the map with my assassins and by the time I thought about expanding each region had 2+ roaming armies.
>Second try get fucked by spawn. No anomalies and spawning region is bottlenecked by a mountain.
>Third try start out alright but fuck up and attack an urces village and lose my starting army.
The more I play the more I realize I fucking suck at this game.

I'd really like to take Rjaks old fortress from Jafar now, but he's got some armies standing outside my weaker cities.

Focusing my power on research instead of skill again, hoping to cycle through to Astral Gate so I can get myself a portal in one of my cities to Myrror instead of manually planeshifting over stacks.

Really annoying to not have any engineers too.

13rd for Jadwiga

Freya attacked Rjaks old fortress, most of jafars defenders died.
Then demons and undead from the nearby ancient temple razed it.

25000 high elves gone.

For fuck's sake, I'm surprised it took me getting to the industrial age for this to happen. How is it possible to fuck up that royally and has firaxis acknowledged that the bug exists?

is that new master of orion meme any good

>made by warjewing
no

bboy360.com/Default.aspx

I want to d i e

arent they just a publisher for it

It's alright. Nothing particularly special apart from it's looks and voice acting. The major gripes I have with it are that there aren't any real differences between factions aside from looks and statistical differences. Some truly unique differences between factions would be nice but given how they're trying to avoid making things too different from MoO2 to avoid connotations with MoO3 that's understandable.

Halp

Will Paradox ever implement a reform mechanic in Stellaris that allows you to gradually centralize all nations of a federation with you as a leader a la the HRE in EU4?

Yeah, and for some reason you're willing to pay $20 for that DLC instead of just getting the mod that does it for free.

increase your research by 800

I'm more worried about that FE if you can see it

Superweapon General gets a new Power plant that has the same cost as the regular Power plant but only gives 3 instead of 5 power

So what's the point, lower build time?

moddb.com/mods/star-wars-galactic-battlegrounds-expanding-fronts

Well, what do you know.
Apparently, you can have a star destroyer in Galactic Battlegrounds.

Less build time, less space, will give more energy with global upgrade from Strategy Center later on.

Is Pandora: First Contact actually worth buying?

Or the game is still "hardcore" aka "dont expect to win your first 10 games until you learn the meta" with overagressive AI?

Got myself a nature spellbook in a nature node, so now I can trade nature spells with Raven.
Got Change Terrain and Transmute for True Sight and Unicorns.

I have some Silver I can transmute into Mithril, and a lot of mountains and desert I change into grassland.

this
+ one of your units gets a power boost when near

Funny. It's the opposite of the tesla trooper.

Nobody played it?

Yeah but it is fairly fragile and the weapon upgrade drains 1 additional power per tank

That's the strangest design I have seen. It looks like the techno dome from the ninja turtles.

The shield sound effect is the cruise speed charge up sound from Freelancer
interesting choice

Reminds me of a Necron Monolith

The clever men at Oxford, know all that there is to be knowed. But they none of them know one half as much, as intelligent Mr. Toad.

Jedis are so fun to use in that game.

What negative traits are not worth the trouble in Stellaris?

I need to get around to checking out that mod. It sounds pretty fucking ebin.

I feel midly annoyed that people trying such shit mods are more skilled than me.

oH, ARE WE POSTING OUR MOST AUTISTIC MODS NOW?
UNACCEPTABLE!

>are more skilled than me.
Why would you think that?

It amuses me that the second response remains unchanged.

Repugnant.

Picked it for my first game thinking it was a free pick, but now I wouldn't start without charismatic if I min/max

I need that "What the fuck did you just said to me" mod.

I usually took 1 spell book in everything (except death) just so I could trade spells and hoard them.

Sounds to me you have hoarding issues.
Wanna talk about it?

I don't have a problem, I can stop collecting spells any time I want.

Reminds me of Dark Souls. I think I have literally every weapon ever in that game.

Skyrim was ever worse.

I have 12 spellbooks in total now and can only get one more.
Will probably go for sorcery nodes in the hopes of getting a sorc tome.

+1 Life Tome: life discounts
+1 Nature Tome: Rare nature spells like Gaias Blessing
+1 Sorcery Tome: true dispel, disjunction and disenchant, spell blast, a bunch of buffs
+1 chaos tome: raise volcano, warp wood I guess

Not a lot of chaos tomes among the other wizards so might not be much I could trade.

you are making me want to play Popolous with all this spell talking

nuking savages with volcano spell was very fun

You guys know of any good mod collections for Stellaris?
I'm using AlphaMod + Stellar Expansion + steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687807002
But I've no fucking clue if anything is compatible.

How am I supposed to upgrade system level in Endless space 2? I have the technology researched but I can't find anyway to improve anything else.

System level is tied to luxury resources now I believe.

So it depends on the number of luxury resources I have available in that system or my overall access?

I have no fucking clue about the details, I'm just parroting what someone else said a thread or two ago.
Sorry user.

All good user, found it through googling.

To my great shame, there's still no star destroyer.
Otherwise, the game is massively changed. It feels smoother, and a bit more dynamic.
It also adds two stats : the unit speed (the green thingy) and the rate of fire.
The rate of fire is boosted for troopers, so you no longer have awkward moments where they stand still.

The AI is still weak to early rush.
Here, my imperial troopers easily dispose of the Consortium's untrained recruits.

The Consortium comes from Empire at War, but wasn't in Battlegrounds.

Supported by two medics and a scout probe, my troopers slaughtered the Consortium's thugs without a single loss. On that day, they made Lord Vader proud.

Some icons are fucked up with shitty gif colours (especially the boats, they have a weird magenta background), but at least they fixed the Siths. Now they have red lightsaber instead of the blue one they had in the vanilla game.

>Those sprites
Why does it look so much worse than the game it's based on?

>licensed game

They added two buildings so far : an anti-air battery (which is similar to the already existing anti-air turret except it shots lasers instead of missiles), and this.

Any idea why I can't put a Bath on the hill here?

christ user get your research up and build spaceports everywhere to get your fleet capacity up

raise volcano (chaos) + change terrain (nature) allows you to terraform squares into anything you want (grasslands, forests and hills). I made sure every city had at least one hill for miner's guild and one forest for forester's guild. Can turn useless tundra into grasslands/forest/hill by casting volcano on it, then change terrain twice.

However, I'm not sure I'm fond of the "everything deals more damage" approach. It makes battles more intense, but it gives you less room to fuck up.

Here, a sith knight is destroying an expensive power core. I don't think they deal that much damage.

Because I'm playing with a 16/9 monitor and the screen are saved in a different resolution, crushing them horizontally.

New graphism for the shield generator.
For a moment, I was worried it would work like Supreme Commander's, but it works like usual.

I don't know if that transport mech was in the expansion, but I know it wasn't in the vanilla game.

It doesn't hold a lot of people, but it's pretty tanky.

And here is the spookiest of all.
Masters Siths (who are regenerating, can oneshot troopers, and takes next to no damage from everything) can get area of damage attacks if you're playing as the Galactic Empire.

I'm not going to comment that picture.
You'll find out where the problem is by yourself.

I like how comfy that screen looks.

>TIE Defender

Wrong. It's the Fast Fighter and Interceptor.
Same unit, different cost and stats.

And here's the last picture. A small infantry platoon, with an AT-AT and a Master Sith. The game also has grenadiers, but for some reason, they're only useful against shields and mecha, not against infantry or buildings.

roll

Carrie Fisher's mom just died.
F

Singing in the rain

Too many people are dying recently. I don't have enough tears for everyone.

youtube.com/watch?v=kFHO18vFc8o

How do i fix aurora ui glitches? i have installled everything they said to install but it isn't working correctly

>people keep sucking EL's dick and saying it's the best fantasy 4X ever
>buy it and play the tutorial
>don't like the tutorial faction so I start up a new game
>none of the faction descriptions interest me at all
Please tell me they are actually more interesting then the bland descriptions make them sound. Please tell me I didn't waste my money on this game and EL's writers just can't write good exposition to save their lives.

Had a bug where none of the stars appeared in MoM, so I had to reinstall.

>2433
>this research
>this min prod
>this fleet cap
>not even full
>ENERGY STILL IN MINUS SOMEHOW
HOW DO YOU EVEN MANAGE TO DO THAT???!!??!

He's actually an AI designed by Paradox that's figured out how to post on Veeky Forums

Post Distant Worlds star maps I'm at work till 2am and I need to sate my autism. I need maps, bonus points for political situation summaries.

If what you say is true why hasn't he declared war on everyone next to him for no reason?

He hasn't figured out the report function yet

I personally like the game, but if you're not interested in what the game has to offer maybe its just not your game?
Just because a lot of people love a game doesn't make it for everyone.
What did you play before that makes EL's factions look bland, I'm genuinely curious.

This came right after

Apparently t

Nah you are just a contrarian killjoy it's a mental problem