Do you think you'll ever be able to afford your dream car in this life?

Do you think you'll ever be able to afford your dream car in this life?

yes

Lets be real. An Acura NSX?! Alright good for you.

what's wrong?
i like it better than the equivalent gtr nismo

I never said any bad or wrong about it bro. :)

To be frank, I personally like how the new NSX is and IMO the GTR is too overrated.

yes

I hope when I'm 40 or something I can afford a new 911.
Also depends on if I inherited something which the situation is kinda unclear right now. If it's yes I can probably get one or another car earlier.

The crazy thing about dream cars is that there are always new cars coming out all the time, so my dream car today might be completely different from the one next year or even tomorrow.

For right now? I'd love to own a Porsche Carrera GT but they START at $600k

So it looks like I'll be toning down my aspirations for something like a 2004 XKR ($25k)

Yes and no.
It's not madly expensive, it's not rare, but it would require a dedicated garage, stuff like that that might take quite some time until I can afford them.

>F40
Probably not

Already do, friendo.

What a weird angle to take a picture

>mustang
>dream car
lmao

That's a firebird you idiot.

I'm fucking dying why is this funny

I don't even have a dream car. I fall in love with something new like every 2 weeks. My dream is to have enough money to rent/buy a big ass shed (maybe with some friends), put some lifts and a shitload of tools in it and store all the shitboxes I buy in there and work on them.
I guess it's attainable, I just have to make sure I'm left with enough free time to actually spend there.

Yeah I don't get it either, some people get fixated on one thing. I don't have the attention span for that, every car is beautiful and fucking amazing.

Best answer in the thread.

I find it stupid to lust after material possession so I dont have a dream car

I'm with you, except for
>every
There's some cars I legit wouldn't want even though they're fast, expensive and "nice". Pic related for instance does nothing for me. No feels to be had.
y-you too...

would you want it 10 years down the road

I've asked myself that, because I know I'm a huge hipster at heart and don't like the idea of new cars. But I think because I witnessed the genesis of the A7 as a bean-counter, trend-driven design that was conceived solely because market research said that 4-door """coupés""" are hot shit right now, I will always resent it and its kind.
Plus it's just not practical. I like real coupés and I like sedans, but that shit is just stupid.

I've come around somewhat on the E60 though, for example. When it was current, I loathed it, now I think it's kinda neat. The fact that there's hardly any manuals around (and no manual M5 here) will probably keep me from ever getting one though.

7 Series lol

Yes, If I save my shekels and live like a monk. Saving all your life for a dream car is pointless though. You're just going to keep it in your garage and rub it with a diaper after work. You'll be too pussy to use it's full potential.

That depends how much the RX-9 will cost, assuming they even build it. If it's under 70k, I'll be able to afford one.

yeah. my dream car is only around 10k$ probably.

Self Proclaimed hipsters are not Hipsters at all. do you even have an ello account

Already achieved
and already sold it

Never met your heroes I guess

Never_ever.jpg

Yes. I haven't set my bar terribly high.

why did you sell it?

Currently driving my high school dream car. $5k was pretty easy haha. Z32..

No desire to buy anything nicer/ more expensive. Maybe a 911 but they are overpriced for what you get.

Version similar to the FQ-360.

Don't get me wrong, It's a very nice car, the nicest I got. Powerful even with the lag, tailhappy, pretty good out-of-the-box, feels solid, bbs wheels, recaro seats, eibach coils with bilsten shocks, brembo brakes, the interior was meh, less dull than the sti's, but I didn't care, I was more focused on the driving, but it even got bluetooth, usb and shit.

I felt in love driving it, but somehow it started to fade, It was really good, and I miss it sometimes, but in the last months I barely touched it. And If I can't enjoy it, I prefer to see that beast rollin with someone else, than be in the cage with me.
Besides this fucking place made me give another look for shitboxes. Now i'm wondering about getting a twingo or a miata...

KEK

I'm not usually this impressionable, but the Grand Tour episode with this made me tack it up on the wall as my attainable dream car. Not unrealistic that I could snag one of these for $60,000 in ten years, still, it's auto only which puts me off big time. If Aston makes a stick version somewhere down the line, or if a manny swap is somehow feasible, then all of my yes.

Clearly a GTR
Lurk more.

No, I can't even afford snow tires.

I should have financed them anyways. Get stuck once and bye bye whatever tread you had for not getting stuck again.

yse i am buy 400k car before i buy house so whether i will ever be able to afford is debatable but the answer is YES 2017 rolls royce phantom here i come

yes

Well yes and no.

Mclaren P1 Replica. (I can't afford a 2mill+ car)

Superlitecar/RCR where hired to make the mockup cars for the Need for Speed movie. They made a really good replica P1. I dunno if they would be willing to make another P1 body.

Basically just a tube frame with fiberglass body on top like the rest of the vehicles they build.

why get a replica, tho? Get some sort of custom-designed bodyshell just for you.

Assuming it's light, with a powerful engine and properly tuned suspension and steering, it's gonna handle well and go like shit. You'll have fuck all for crash safety but i don't think the actual P1's are five-star impact rated so who cares? It'll be a one-of-a-kind car just for you.

but if you get the bodyshell made to look like a P1, then it's just a fake P1.

No

sitting in my driveway right now. Best vehicle I've driven. Not the fastest but best overall experience. The pork steer is fun as hell but I'll be grabbing the LSD soon

I bet it's V6

No. Maybe if I win the lottery, but I never play the lottery.

Why some have 'wat' on them?

I can afford it now, I just can't find it.

2ez

No.

I don't even know how people can afford brand new cars without resorting to leasing or credit.

I don't want to have debts so I prefer to buy used shit that actually belong to me.

>NSX
>SW20
>MRS(will be getting it in a few months, gonna turn it into dd/track beater)
>bugeye celica GT4
>nissan r33/r34
>mk4 supra
They're all attainable even on my low as fuck wage.
NSX is only one that's gonna take a while.

forgot
>280zx widebody with carbon hood in beige/brown

>Selling an Evo to get a Twingo or a MX5

Wow, I didn't realize Veeky Forums had got this autistic

>tfw will never be able to afford a bus
>tfw can only afford bus pass

:( kill me Veeky Forums

>RX7 FD, Spirit R at best
should be possible. Also by the time i'm there they'll have turned to oldtimer status, so i can laugh at emissions regulations anyway.

>gt86 or nu-mx5 daily
used gt86s go for 16k already, so i'm not too worried

My dream would be a massive garage with all of the 90s jap legends: fd, nsx, mk4supra, s2k, evo6, silvia, r34, bunta's subbi, etc.
At the core i'm an autistic collection-whore, so the likely thing to do would be to put them on public display for people to see, how superior the design of that era was, instead of having them rotting away, because i cannot give them all the same amount of love.

(yes, i know i fucked up the commas)

>Think
No, never
>Hope
Never give up

shitbox makes a lot of sense over something like evo.

I have a racetrack near my house that's abandoned.
I'd rather drive an mx5 than an evo down it because I wouldn't give a fuck if it got damaged.

Already got mine. An FD3S. Wanted one since I was 13 or so. Thanks for asking.

Assuming they don't appreciate too much in the next few years.

>NSX
Price only keeps going up, so probably not

>FD3S
Maybe. Let's hope that the prices stay relatively flat so I can pick one up once Japan opens its floodgates

>R32/33
Its looking like the prices just keep going up and up

>Supra MKIV
>implying

This is the stuff I want that's more realistic. Obviously I'd never be able to afford a McLaren F1 or P1.

At this point, I think I only love shitboxes as a coping mechanism.

The BRZ is the only car that I've never been 'over'. I love cars and a lot of the time I research a car, fawn over it for a couple weeks, then find something else that makes me completely forget about what I just wanted "so badly". Not the BRZ though, it always comes back in my mind.

>four seats
>affordable
>fun
>simplistic
>stylish
>modern
>japanese

It meets all of my requirements, checks all the boxes.

The only thing I'm slightly afraid of is owning it in the city. Just yesterday I watched some guy in a beat up Golf scrape against some unoccupied late 2000s Acura trying to parallel park behind him and it made me shudder. How can I ever have a nice vehicle here without worrying about it constantly?

The only cars that have hood scoops are Subarus your fucking idiot.

>>four seats

Denial isn't just a river in Guangzhou

an rx7 FD or a R32
yes

Short term:jaguar xkr-s, can afford it at the moment but just barely (Also 3 cars at 19 would be a bit much).
Long term:DB11,yes, but after med-school and my residency.

Good taste, and the auto is a concern of mine. I hope it is better in the DB11 as I have driven and early vanquish and a 2013 vanquish s, and in the former specifically, it was bad. It felt better in the 2013, but still feels inferior to the average Dual clutch or a PDK.

This.

no

Me too. I'd put in a big block chevy.

>If Aston makes a stick version
Leave the DB11 because they never will. The only hope is the next Vantage that's coming up this year. I hope that one is still offered with a stick then.