[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

Historical hooning edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

VOTE SEM LOCATION (UP TILL 30/12/2016)
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYldJ_b_Ef-i81_w_iisNgS3LVnJIT_5Lu86ddiez8olTZHQ/viewform

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:
>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I2PXOprVcBQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wtf

Is 19hp weak for a 250?

Yes, a wr250f makes 40hp.

Is this the new shitpost?

It is just the truth.
Most 250cc bikes make around 40hp.
KTM's are nearly making 45.

what a retarded why to compare bikes. Just layer the lines on a graph like everyone else

Damn that is old.

>settling for 450s
nice memes

>tfw two 450 engines with their gearboxes are still lighter than a z750 engine
450 would still eat the z750 until 150kmh too due to having a far superior power to weight ratio

yes but you also have to consider those aren't MX bikes. They're not made to squeeze as much power as possible out of a little engine

power to weight ratio is nothing on bikes because their acceleration is mainly limited by wheelieing. Weight distribution is what really matters. The Z750 would win even at low speed because dirt bikes wheelie too easily.

I'd also much rather ride 1000 kms on a Z750 than on a WR450

You would have to do 2 oil changes on the WR450 during that. KEK!

450's accelerate to 100kmh in 2.5 seconds with a good rider.

You would have to do 1 at 2000km actually.
not bad really considering the 900ml oil capacity, my road bike needs an oil change every 5000km with a 3.8 litre oil capacity.

Is it because you are too unfit to ride a wr450?
You can just say you are fat user, we won't judge you.

BOTTOM
OF
THE
DYNO
AGAIN

no they don't

maybe if you throw them off a steep hill

Isn't Suzuki bottom of the dyno these days?

and you need to remember that an enduro bike is as much of a race bike as an mx bike is.

'zuki was behind .71 hp honduh behind 8 hp to a DRZ!!!

Even then it wouldn't reach 100km/h in 2.5s. That is an average acceleration of 11.1m/s/s. The acceleration due to gravity near earth's surface is only 9.8m/s/s.

Yeah but both are less powerful than a bike that has an engine 100cc smaller in capacity (what if i told you both companies actually limit the power to below 52 because they believe more than that simply is not usable on an mx track for most people)

well, then you ride them off a steep hill

everyone knows honduh some weird safety boner where they like to make weak bikes. and obviously ktm is on another level than jap dirtbikes

funny part is honda dirt bikes aren't even reliable

hell no, they just wheelie too much. You would need to be sitting backwards on the front mudguard to get the weight far enough forward for the wheelie to not be a problem.

That is true, euro bikes in general are on a different level completely compared to Japanese bikes, Yamaha are the only Japanese bikes that can even come close to starting to compete with them but they still arent actually included in any serious comparisons.

So this a honda thread now?!?!?

yes it looks like yamaha is giving it more an effort to compete in enduro too. the new yz250fx and yz450fx are looking like good contenders. at least better than the other 3 jap enduros

Kawasaki doen't even offer an enduro anymore but Honda is introducing a CRF450RX that looks like it could be comparable to the YZ450FX.

>good honduhs are no longer being made

I don't know what Honda's deal is. Not only are their engines weaker, but they don't rev as high. I wonder if it has something to do with reliability.

Yeah they are the only ones trying, the fx's really are top notch bikes.
that and they have plans to release a new wr300 if the yz250x sells well which it did this year

It's the same for streetbikes too now. I really like the japs but they've basically been caught up to in reliability and surpassed in performance.

Honda has been making the crf450x for years.
and they need a lot of money spent on them to compete with the yamahas that come from the factory.

i just looked into it they are releasing a 450RX next year alongside the 450x which is basically what hondas version of what the yz250fx is (MX engine tuning with enduro gearbox)

no, the RX is new. Not the same as CRF450X. Looks like it is 450R power with enduro suspension and gearbox.

I like hondas

yeah just looked it up after typing that comment

i'll keep an eye on it but the yamahas are great machines and will be tough to beat.

300 2t? that will be directly competing with the euros. sounds like a great plan. yamaha could really dominate this market for nippon.

but still usually preferable in price.

>450x
>still carbed

>tfw you got a tiny Honda to vroom vroom
NOT THE GROM IDIOTS

Hondas have been efi for years?
all the 450's are.

>surpassed in performance.

R1 is the fastest 1000 around a track period, it has the best electronics ever put on a sportbike as well. I'm very excited to see how the new CBR goes as well, aside from the special super expensive panigale superlegerra that's not even out yet anyway they will be the only bikes on the market with slide control.

>been caught up to in reliability

HELL no.

>starter bike
>honduh starter bike
>weakest honduh starter bike

not the 450X lol. The CRF450R is at least

>I'm very excited to see how the new CBR goes as well
prepare to be let down

u sure bout that

I have doubts it will be better than the Husky, KTM, Sherco, BETA and GasGas 300's off the bat.
They have been continuing to build on 2 stroke technology for years where all the japanese companies stopped over a decade ago.

I doubt it, slide control means they've pulled the pin and are putting their proprietary race TCS systems on it which was always the best. I already know it's gonna be a bit down on power (189 hp vs the 199 hp of the competition) but it weighs 195 kg.

195 kg, that's as light as some 600s (the kawa 636) and it means with a new pipe and getting rid of some emissions shit we're gonna be down near 190.

My expectations are reviews say it's a "little down on power compared to the s1000rr and R1" but it turns like it's on rails, and I'll be right when that happens.

I am not a honda fan by any stretch of the imagination, this new CBR is the only thing I've seen them do this entire century I like but you can trust me on this one, it's gonna be the best handling 1000 in history.

totally sure, the S1000RR flounders in most racing for a reason, chassis wise they are not very well set up they just have a rocketship engine.

meh

Which Japanese naked should I get and why is it the fz-09?

Woohoo, we're back in the list, boys!

gsx-s1000

costs nearly the same as the fz-09, handles better, more power.

>250HP
a best

>Japs BTFO again
Will they ever recover?

Ayyee honda 250 bro

I'm tempted to upgrade because everybody's like "other stuff is so much more fun," but at the same time I have asstons of fun already

I'm shopping for tools right now, anything else motorcycle related I should get?

Shut up no bike. I can have just as much fun (cause no track here) as a liter peter. Also fuck you it aint as slow as yo dads bfs cruiser. Also about 40 grand less too.
Im coming from a klx 300r to the cbr 250r. Like dont even give a shit if its a downgrade. The bike is cute smoll and ass load of some fun.

but everyone will laugh at you regardless

>autozone exhaust clamps
kek

But tripfag, you still have inch wide chicken strips so you don't even lean it over fully around low speed corners.

Don't worry brother, 250-300 cc bikes are fun as fuck. I started on a monster 796 this year and love it but my buddy got a ninja 300 and I rode it for a solid day. I think it's fun as hell to just rip the throttle the whole time banging gears.

If they laugh at least they are enjoying it.
>just got the bike and have to fix Philippines "mods"
Just got the bike and wanted to post the pictures of what im starting with.

I enjoy the big bike I have ridden I just figured hey can make this bike look decent and run decent for the price I got t for. Like I love the exc 500 and even the 990 and 1290 super dukes I tried out. Also less chance of killing myself on tiny bike as I get more and more confident.

How do you try hards feel about this gorgeous machine

its like a half step above training wheels since it cant fall over all the way.

I actually like it, my father used to have a R80GS back in the day, and they captured the feeling of the bike really well, apart from the back end/fender maybe

Hipster shit

Why not just get an r80 or r60?

I'm still in my gotta go fast phase but I could totally see me settling down on a 300. The looks and sounds are the most important thing anyway.

Just not a fan.

Cool story power ranger

Haha damn dude don't get so worked up about it.
>Ayyee honda 250 bro
Means I have the same bike.

But your exhaust is lame as fuck

Of good looking bikes?

its
shit

hey guys does this sound good ?

youtube.com/watch?v=I2PXOprVcBQ

Of the retro look.

Where is the dox. I am blind man.

GET A MANUAL CAM CHAIN TENSIONER, THEY ARE $50 DOLLARBUCKS, I TOLD YOU ALREADY.

sounds like a DRZ. you might want to check your valves if you're worried about it tho

>TT
hey Mr. moneybags

Ahh, so you're another power ranger. Gotcha

that's not cam chain noise. the cam chain tensioners in 2003+ models don't fail

so im retarded

can someone walk me through adjusting the clutch lever free play. i dont quite understand the process and whats taking place

twist the end of the cable where it screws into the clutch lever perch. Screwing it right will loosen the cable tension and screwing it left will tighten it

Take it to a mechanic, you are obviously mentally challenged.

Yah have to go fast on a bike and get it out of your system when you are young. Im just the weird case and dont give a fuck as long as I am on a bike.
>Just brought the bike home
Didnt exactly buy the bike to please people for cool looks. Id just stick to the krt if I wanted that. Also I am admitting its a shit bike but its a work i progress like most the bikes I pick up.
They are slow but damn you will look good taking dick in your ass.

this but if you run out of adjustment at the lever, most clutch cables have another inline adjuster down the line.
same principle: spread the two parts apart = tighter, together = looser

Nope just not a fan. Never said I hated it.

>work i progress
literally what is there to work on? if it has broken shit, then you bought a piece of shit. if you are upgrading anything, then you're a retard. it does already have a sick rad slipon to hear your fart noises louder. i

n-no. last time i got it done it couldnt shift and i had to limp back in first

how do you check free play? is that the distance it flops arround for or is that the takeup before it starts to slip

thank