Have you ever been challenged to/participated in a street race Veeky Forums or is that something that only happens in...

Have you ever been challenged to/participated in a street race Veeky Forums or is that something that only happens in movies and anime

My friend said we might have to drag race since I got a new car recently. We're like adults and shit, though, so it's just for shits and giggles.

Some dude on the interstate in an Altima was being vaguely passive-aggressive at me I presume because I haven't switched the riceboy exhaust back to a normal people exhaust yet. We wove lanes together for a bit and then it seemed like he boxed me in on purpose, waited until I had to get on it to get out of the box, and then the passenger did some weird queen wave as he blasted off out of boxing position. It was all very confusing to me because I was just trying to drive a few hundred miles and maybe enjoy the drive.

When I was a teenager I happened to pull up to my friend at a light after dusk. Totally smoked his stock Civic with my stock Grand Am.

I raced a Wrangler with my stock Ford Focus in high school. I narrowly won.

>Pull up to a evo in a 04 wrx
>Evo start revving
>Green Light
>Evo blasts off
>Follow the speed limit and meet at next light
I'm sure it happens all the time, but I just never do it.

Multiple times tho I prefer to not stoplight race.
My personal preference is to steadily outpace the other cars and eventually be able to make my way down the road alone and thus able to drive freely, but of course you sometimes get people who catch up.

I get a bit silly on the twisties riding motorbikes with my dad and his mates, some of those old fucks ride stupid quick

once ran down the highway in my wrx vs a srt neon. was lots of fun but we were doing like 110 and he started to weave cars so i backed off since i was jsut doing pulls for fun. I ended up getting to work like 15min early.

I have raced a bunch of people from work in the industrial park where our shop is when we get off. we have also drag raced a few of the work tow trucks out there as well that was a hoot

>yfw these people have never actually raced.

I have rolled digs, dragged and stop light raced hundred of times.

I usually race twice a week but it's only other Honda's.

Raced a 2012 Mazda 3 a little bit ago. He was a formidable opponent indeed.

>be night time, coming up to stop light. After pulling off of freeway.
>Mazda is next to me at light
>light turns green he takes off to the next light
>alright I'll play
>pull up next to him we both look at each other, he revs at me.
>I rev 6k with my intake sucking in air
>dump first at 4k and take the fuck off.
>I-VTEC engages I pull instantly
>mashing gears, he's catching up quick because dat sky active.
>He gets half a car length ahead of me
I'm flush with his rear door.
>literally pushing 110 in a 45 all lights are turning green
>he slows down and so do I. We meet at a light after smashing through 8 blocks of action
>I roll down my window so does he, I speak first.
>"you like that huh?" I say
>you know I had you right? I just slowed down. he says
>yeah okay man, your car stick shift? I ask.
>it's actually both it has that centrifugal clutch where you shift with paddle shifters
I cringe so fucking hard after he says that.
>cool man. I say

>hey bro be careful I got picked up last week for raced by the cops
Lol WTF thus nigga serious.
>light turns green I say "after you"
>he speeds off. I drive normally.

He was late 40s with a beard.

Have other stories too.

moar

this is the most high school esque story I've ever heard

>be last week
>driving to buddies house in downtown
>piece of shit cabriolet Volkswagen is weaving HARD cutting people off.
>loaded down with like 4 people in it.
>dat suspension dip in rear
>make my way to him I wanna know WTF thus guys problem is
>he's literally reving at someone next to him.
>we go from a stop light to another stop light under an over pass
>WOT first to 6k and just rev down
>loud as fuck because intake.
>I get up next to him I have caught his attention
>faggots starts revving I now see its 4 underage bastards in a manual cabrio.
>I rev bomb my single jingle, it gets him going.
>bra-dat-dat-dat-dat

And then his passenger...
He fucking turned his head and looked at me with the stupidest fucking "I'm stoned as fuck" look I have ever seen.

Dude barely had his eyes open with a retarded Ass grin.

Anyway,

>I see the cross light is turning yellow. Here it comes.
>turn off traction control
>rev to 5k and hold it
>light turns green I drop the clutch and immediately stomp the throttle
>both tires are fucking spinning I'm throwing smoke everywhere
>I look over he's doing the same,
>I burnout to 6500 and shift the cleanest transition into 2nd. And WOT.

This fucking guy could not keep up. I know his car is small and weighed down but fuck I had to show these retards that even a manual vw shit heap is not fast.

I lost this fool in 4thgear at 95 mph
He turned after 3 blocks it was hilarious

Any touge stories or just stoplight racing faggotry?

couple years back at a set of lights around 2am a V300 Toyota Aristo and Jetta GTI lined up beside me. one of them revved and i just shrugged and said meh, when it went green we all launched

just this year some old fuck in a built Charger was driving beside me like a total fuck, going through red lights, pulling burnouts, double the limit, the works. he cut me off eventually, i pulled beside him and just started laughing then we launched on green lol

i have a foxbody, i get reved at and people initiating stoplight races a lot.
It can be an econobox with a fartcan, another mustang, some higher end sport car,some exotic,street bikes, theres a lot of them out there.

I have 2 tracks nearby with one thats 10 mins away for a 1/4 mile so i take the urge out there.

I have many. Some are too long to type on phone.

>stoplight faggotry
90% of races are like that.
It only counts if the person next to you actually knows your engaged with them.

Have lots of digs and drag stories though.

Not alot of touge because where I live it's pretty fucking flat unfortunately.

Depends on what you drive, nobody is gonna try to race a 10 year old civic.

other than stop lights and highway pulls no

drove my rav4 against sw20 and bmw 325i.
Wasn't racing but just roaming around douing I guess tougay and doriftu in snow.
Racing was pointless because my cars magic grip would've meant I won easily. they seemed to have more fun tho.

Also there's an abandoned airfield with an abandoned "racetrack" on it. Pretty sure that counts as a street race too.

BS
if you drive a honda, every other hondafag that rolls up next to you wants to race. i would always get piped sitting at stoplights when i had my EM1.

Can confirm. Drove bone stock 96 Integra ls in high school and people would stop at green lights to race if they saw me behind them. Most of them were other shit box Hondas. I miss that car though. Easy to work on, good gas mileage... I need another one for a DD

>driving a 20-year old 69 Cougar
>old but looks tough
>2 in the morning
>pull up to red light
>early 70's charger pulls up next to me
>he's revving and looking at me
>nod back
>green light
>he floors it, burns rubber, takes off and leaves me at the light

what he didn't know was that there was a cop car behind the fence next to me. I was in my town and know the cops like that spot because people run that light a lot. he lit up and took off after the guy. caught him about a mile down the road.

devilish

i love this

When I had a Miata I'd get carloads of teenagers trying to stoplight race me all the fucking time, probably because I was one myself

only tried when there were qt's in the car, always lost kek

but anyway my only time of ~touge action~ was this past summer, which consisted of constantly smoking dudeweed and driving in the mountains, literally all I would do all day every day

>be me
>at the "end" of a favorite stretch of road
>stop at a pull-off to smoke a bowl
>finishing up, hear BRAAP in the distance
>fuck I better dip, I don't wanna be stuck behind some Honda fag the whole way back (very technical and tight twisties, little ability to pass)
>brap intensifies as I'm pulling out, there's a blind corner where the brap is coming from so I have to gun it while turning around and getting on the road
>going like 15mph at this point in the right direction, two dudes in full gear on blacked out dual sports blast out of the corner, right onto my ass
>ah fuck I guess it's on

Drove like a madman, pushed my car more than I ever had, really driving at the limit the whole way down the mountain, 25 miles or so of really good road, so much fucking fun

Brand new Yokohama Avids, still managed to get the tail out a couple of times on dry pavement, and not a shred of understeer

Nailing every heel-toe, perfect lines, it really seemed like the car got more and more eager to perform as I pushed it harder

Felt like an action movie or something, two sandniggers on dirt bikes chasing me with guns or some shit, no other cars on the road at all

At the end of the road there's a T intersection, we pulled up to go our separate ways and the dudes flipped up their visors, it was a couple of gray haired oldfags, grinning ear to ear

"good run eh buddy?"

I was grinning like a fuck too and only managed to flash a peace sign as I pulled out, good times
So much fun though holy cow, makes me want to have friends to run the touge with

this is why we need a C/O/ meet in the mountains

sure we'd have a crash or two but that's how it goes

there is always that retard at a car meet who asks everyone to race
>wanna race bro?
nah, I just came to see other cars
>you afraid you are going to lose
my car is 50 years old, of course I'll lose
>I'll stay below 4th
fuck off

>Borrowing my dad's 87' Grand National
>HotWheels.jpg
>Stopped at light
>Skinhead jerkoff in his shitter truck starts revving engine with fart can attached
>lights turn green
>Turbocharged_5_seater.mov
>literally become the concept of fast
>spin out on a turn a few miles down where theres no traffic

Best time ive ever had in a car aside from capping out my e46 at 135-ish. Sad he sold that Buick.

>straight line
america everyone

I have been in hundreds of street races, some organized hours ahead, some impromptu against randos, some with 100+ spectators like TFaTF; one even had 6 cars going at it with several corners involved. I was even in a racing team back in 2008 for a few months.

It's nowhere nearly as common as it was 10 years ago, sadly. People are absolute fucking pussies these days, many people in modded cars won't even make eye contact anymore because they're so scared / nervous.

No, cops are hounds where I live and they'll pull you over for going 3 over the speed limit on a completely empty road.

The mountains around here are full of tourists who can't drive worth shit too.

sure thing bud

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I finished first in every race in NFSU2, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret races in these streets and I have over 300 confirmed wins. I am trained in drift racing and I’m the top dragster in the entire US. You are nothing to me but just another ricer. I will wipe your whip the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of street racers across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the 2JZ storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your car. You’re fucking chopped, kid. I can drive anywhere, anytime, and I can beat you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s only in first gear. Not only am I extensively trained in highway hooning, but I have access to the entire garage of my local tuner and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your autistic ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. My ultimate driving machine will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking chopped, kiddo.

I used to have a 2013 BMW S1000RR and asian guys in BMW 3 series would always rev their engines next to me at lights. That year S1000RR could hit 92mph in first gear. I only """raced""" one of them because it happened in a good spot where no cops were around and it wasn't even close. I'm assuming none of them knew anything about bikes or maybe just not about that specific bike since it does the quarter mile stock in less than 10 seconds

me and my old roommie would go rip up some of the back hills on Sundays if we didn't have any projects or work to do. I'd always let him lead since he had a 98~ ranger and my 01 Focus had a much tighter turning radius. We had a nice 30 mile route that'd run us right along the Ohio river valley fork, and then back to campus. Was always a beautiful area, nice and peaceful.

Have raced more times than i like to admit, hard to walk away from challenges. I have raced cars way out of my league and even shitboxes, but i am always very selective about where i do it and always put an end to it once its obvious that i won or lost.

Just the other day i destroyed a honda civic in my miata. Lol he got so mad that when i slowed back down he illegally cut into the car pool lane

Lol people hate losing to small cars

>afternoon cruising with my C6
>stopped at a light
>FRS pulls up
>revs his engine
>farting intensifies
>is dis nigga serious
I wish I had some more to this story, but I'm pretty sure this guy was just fucking around. Before I even hit 2nd gear I was already 4 car lengths ahead of him and he stopped accelerating and turned into a residential area. Truth be told I kind of like the FRS/86. I might get one just to play around with, I don't know how they handle as a daily driver though.

>racing a bike
>ever
When will people learn?

years ago I was challenged by a turd gen firebird.
Was driving my friend Ariana back to her house in my first car, a 96 Chevy Monte Carlo Z34. Bit of a factory sleeper. 215 HP 3.4L DOHC V6. But sporting cues are minimal on that car. red bowties, dual exhaust, black trim (as opposed to chrome trim) and a deeper front air dam are the only visual cues. It basically just looks like a slightly more aggressive Lumina coupe.
Anyways, waiting at a stoplight, and this red late 80's turd gen Firebird pulled up next to me at the light. The guy gave me a hand signal that he wanted to go when the light turned green.
I laughed and made my right turn.

Even if we had gone, I'm pretty sure that V6 would've destroyed him. Even V8 turd gens have a hard time keeping up with the FWD Z34's.

I daily my FRS. I did some baby mods immediately so I can't really say if stock will be better as a daily, but it's a treat to drive when you're in a spot to open it up or have some fun.

As long as your tires aren't a shitshow for road noise, it's not bad. Oh, and if you like listening to music while driving, you'll want to change the speakers almost immediately. They are not good.

>if you like listening to music while driving, you'll want to change the speakers almost immediately
That's kind of shitty.
Even my friend's Prius has JBL in it. Not the greatest by no means, but still better than some factory AC Delco speakers.

i've been racing people on mountain roads and highways for years. it's the only thing i find exciting in life anymore and i honestly don't care for my life when racing. it probably helps win races though as most of the time the other guy doesn't have a deathwish. i'm definitely going to be dead before i reach 35 or 40 years old

Tried to drift but superior W126 rolling torsion bar differential chassis prevented such maneuver to be completed. Would have totaled the car in a tree but that didn't happen due to always ABS breaks.

Did the same thing once. I saw a cop waiting about a quarter mile ahead of the light and the guy next to me took off and got pulled over while I just cruised by

I drive WRX 2015, and I have had Civic SIs try to provoke me.

every sat night

Raced a few, mainly impromptu highway rolls
Jaguar f type r
C6 corvette ls3 I think
Scat pack charger
Ls1 Camaro cammed
Various bmws
New focus st/rs unsure
Srt -4 neon
Foxbody stang
5th gen camaro

Really would love to try a 5.0 or 6th gen ss

I would stop light race people if people manual was more prevelent. because im in america everyone aside from me drives autos, so i dont see the point. Its bad enough we're driving in a straight line and constantly looking for cops, but in autos theres not even the slightest need for skill. Press the pedal and see if you win. Boring

what

I drive a BRZ daily and people "challenge" me to races all the time where I live. It's a lot of fun and makes commuting a lot more interesting. Occasionally other people will join in on the bigger highways, and you'll have a group of bros having a good time. Some people in nice sports cars, some in pick up trucks.

Back road racing here is scary as fuck because of all the deer. A challenger went around me once and revved and sped off, I chased him and at ~90ishmph we were going around a curve and on the other side was about 10 deer in the road. We both stopped fine but it was close.

>Be in Miata
>Humourously rev on Carrera 4S convertible at stoplight on a drizzly morning
>Take off as fast as safe given shit tires and wet pavement.
>Carerra takes off much faster.
>Wide corner coming up in 300'
>Cararra keeps accelerating
>"Aww fuck, he's got a soft top, he's gonna roll it and die!"
>Panic braking and traction control ensue.
>Porsche high centers itself on center divide.
>Slowly drive by the shocked looking Carerra driver

Live near highway 9 in California. Miles and miles of curves, touge racing happens everyday here especially around 1am. There's so many different kinds of cars that go up, usually modded. Most recent encounter of mine was a newer 335i. I drive an e36 m3. As for straight line racing, not really into it but I've had a few top speed runs on San Mateo bridge which is a 5 mile straight.

No but i did get in one without trying.
>Me taking my brother to his job in my v6 Frontier in moderate traffic
>Launch it at a green light.
>BMW came speeding by from behind
>"its On!" i grunted and floored it.
>BMW skips 3 lanes into left turning lane after a bit
>was disappointed that he didnt continue

honestly its never been "challenge" to join street races unless its the late at night meets which are once a week, for me in my 300zx its always to or from work where ill be at a stop light and someone will pull up behind me and start some runs. either stancefags,ricers with fart cans, or dads in muscle cars, its honestly just random occurrences
>tfw getting tired of it happening so much cause i waste way to much for a 10 minute work commute

>only tried when there were qt's in the car, always lost kek

ayy lmao

>"i would've beaten him on a togue tho"

>Get my little brother's best friend a job at the grocery store I work at
>He comes in one day and asks when I get off
>We get off at the same time, asks me to race all cocky because we take the same route home and live in the same neighborhood
>Get out at 7PM
>He drives a 2006 Monte Carlo
>I drive a 2004 Kia Sorento
>Cruising down a 2-lane, rich-neighborhood road that has frequent cops doing about 10 over with me behind him blasting Eurobeat
>Wonder if he's taking it seriously
>Turn off O/D and punch it doing about 60 and blow past him in the oncoming lane
>Cruise home at a quicker pace doing 20 over to keep my lead
>Get home, he messages me "Your crazy lol"
>Find out later he intended to rolling drag race me when the 2-lane road turned into a 4-lane
>I'm still smug as fuck about it

If he would've taken it seriously he definitely would've won but it still feel good to feel like I won

fuckin a

the worst was when it was some SUV with chad driving and girls as passengers

my top was always down and their windows were as well

they'd be all flirty at the light and shit then chad speeds off

like, wait up bby, let me show you what this thing can do on the toegay

summer as a teenager with a car is a magical time goddamn

This happened in 2004..

So about 13 years ago almost.

I waa 18 or 19

Chicago

I would beat the shit out of my self now that I think about it but here goes..

I was driving a 1999 Ford contour and thought I was hot shit. I never had a good car ( will soon) but I would race down Peterson ave before they put a median in the middle.

Anyway. One of out many nights I raced a guy in his Chevy something I forgot what he drove . anyway neither of us really won by a significant margon l but I think we arrived at the red light on western at the same time after weaving in and out of I'm coming traffic and stopped...looked at each other and gave a huge nod of respect to one another. Won't forget him but those days are over. Now I barely drive over the limit.

I am getting my 17 wrx though soon.

What's hard to believe?

You've got to live in the right places and know the right people.

I accidentally challenged an E36 330i to a race a couple nights ago. We were both on the highway to Banff at 12am and I was in the right lane going 100kph. He entered the passing lane and kept driving without switching back into the right lane. I caught up to him a few minutes later and he was still in the passing lane, but going under 100kmh. I revved up to 4000rpm and hit 120kph because I had a good stretch of highway to have some fun. I guess that was an invitation to race because the E36 started speeding up to for some reason and honking at me. I played along and we eventually hit 180kph before he pussied out and slowed down.

Never been challenged but have challenged.

Was sat at a stop light and a guy in an obviously much faster car pulled along side, I started laughing and revving my engine. He and the passenger waved at me and started laughing too, when the light went green I took off around the corner and left him, but as soon as the road straightened out I got BTFO like I wasn't even moving.

yeah Alabama is known for it's Tokyo Drift culture

things used to be different 10 years ago.
around 15 years ago here in east europe people used to organize massive streetraces point to point sprint races through the streets of the capital because police were poorly equipped and had slow cars.

yeah that's literally never happened in America where that nerd lives
two-lane blacktop drag racing innawoods? sure

touge racing? rarely

100+ spectators like TFaTF, 6 cars? bull fucking shit

Ive had a few spirited drives in the mountains. My favorite was a newer golf on the crest. We drove for almost two hours and let each other pass a few times down the Angeles Crest. One of my favorite drives ever.

>live in nyc
>RICE CENTRAL
just the usual stop light races, or weaving in and out of lanes on the belt parkway.
>be me in my slow as shit tc on the belt
>enter integra with exhaust mod
>enter 2013 tc
>enter my 2007 piece of garbage tc
>13 tc is ahead, traffic is getting thick, pulls ahead and traffic boxes me and the teggy in
>teggy is riding my ass, gonna get boxed in with traffic (going 70, traffic 50)
>oh shit im gonna crash.jpeg
>oh shit oh shit oh shit
>brake from 70 to 55, down shift to 4th
>fuck dat nig.jpeg
>swerve onto on ramp, swerve back into far right lane, cut off a car in the far right lane BY AN ASS HAIR
>tc is screaming
>pull out in front of traffic and catch up to other tc
>teggy gets boxed in
>teggy pussies out and slowly catches up to us
>the other tc driver flashes his emergency lights at us as me and the teggy exit. we go our seperate ways.
and that my friends is the day i learned never ever to race in heavy traffic like an idiot but oh wat a rush

Yeah this type of shit is why I only go hooning really late at night anymore

True facts. I've turned over a new note and have pursued midnight driving and taking my nice calm drives into long island either via sunrise or the norther/southern state.

Yeah, I pulled alongside a mustang on a divided highway at about 12:30 at night. I would get beside him, then pull ahead, then let off. I did this twice, and then he gave me the 3 honk go. He had more power than I, but I could hold more speed through turns. It was fun.

Pretty much this. But one time...

>6am
>on ga 141 n
>guy pulls up next to me at light in M3
>revs his engine
>I rev mine back
>I know that about 500 feet ahead is a subdivision sign that local police hide behind
>light turns green and he floors it
>I pull slowly away from the light
>I like to think that he knew he was had before the blue lights came on
>feels good man

Better than the curved lines your train ride is on, eurofag

Most of my racing was done in Flint, Detroit, and Charleston, SC. I have been in easily 50 street races in montgomery alone though. I got my license in 2005 when nearly every car maker made tuner cars and every city had tuning shops.

Even as late as 2010 we had a street in Flint where people would line up like in TFaTF and run. Some nights had probaby 300+ people and there werent enough police to do anything.

The 6 car race was in Charleston in 08 when we would have 50 to 100 car caravans at night with lots of teams.

You have to seek it out.

feel like an M3 tried this shit with me at the same intersection!
>be me, driving home in my 15 WRX
>M3 pulls up, revving like a mad man
>pay no mind, not interested in wasting the gas and the gaskets
>green light and SKREECH the M3 is gone
>kek silently and continue on with my day

That's what the bitch boy gets for driving a civic

>esque
Relevant

I got spanked in my -de 350z by a milf in a solara up angeles crest. But I had a passenger and didn't want to push it too much. Still flinch whenever I see a solara.

Years ago I was in my Mirada and was the 2nd car back at a red right on a 4 lane road behind a SN95 Mustang and 4th gen Camaro. I knew they were about to race as they had played a little leading up to the light. As it turned green they took off and for giggles so did I behind the Mustang. The Camaro guy was beating the Mustang bad and I was easily able to go around him too and get behind the Camaro. After hitting about 70 in 35 we all let off.

A few intersections later we got another red this time with me against the Camaro. It turned green and I got the holeshot and was a couple of lengths ahead. My car was a column auto and I was manually shifting it. 1st up to 2nd, then at about 80mph I go for 3rd and instead put the shifter into N with my foot still glued to the floor. The old 360 screamed to what sounded like 7k before I had a chance to react and the guy in Camaro goes sailing by.
>dudeIalmosthadyou.jpg

I never hurt the motor though.

I've been looking at an '86 300zx, do you like yours?

bump from kill