2014 Mustang 5.0 or 2007 GT500?

2014 Mustang 5.0 or 2007 GT500?

I do not want IRS and I do not want a 4.6L

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rTJPDurLEKw
youtube.com/watch?v=dtmku2Lw5es
jegs.com/p/Ford-Performance/Ford-Performance-GT350-Coyote-Cylinder-Heads/3579613/10002/-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

anyone?

>I do not want IRS
why?

If he was making it a drag car, it would make sense. Considering how heavy the new ones are, you wouldn't.

I have no clue.

If it was a drag car project, I could see it. Any other answer is retarded.

Either way, the 5.0. At least that way, you can use the cylinder heads from the new Voodoo V8.

because i didn't want to field questions on why i don't want a new mustang

as of now i'm leaning towards the 2014, plus there's no boomer tax on them

>because i didn't want to field questions on why i don't want a new mustang
1999-2004 Mustang Cobra's had IRS.

and they've all been beat on like impoverished white kids

question. Why not a 2010-2015 Camaro? They have IRS, they're just as fast and they handle much better than even the new Mustangs.
youtube.com/watch?v=rTJPDurLEKw

I could understand being a Ford guy, but the LS engines just keep proving themselves time and time again.

because i enjoy how the mustang drives

now it's just deciding between the two models

fair enough. I suppose the Camaro is a bit too composed for you then.

2014 5.0.

and the camaro is 200 lbs heavier

which is a lot when it's not putting out any more horsepower, and when i spend a lot of my time on curvy mountain roads

Get the Shelby, I have a 4.6, and with a blower, it's no slouch. Now, this might just be me, but I'm not crazy about the 2010 face-lifted cars. The Shelby is the more unique of the two, it looks better, and I'd be willing to bet that it'll hold it's value better than the 5.0 S197s.

But the lower weight of the Mustang offers ZERO benefits. The Camaro may be heavier, but it is worlds better to drive on curvy mountain roads.
>but muh weight
stuff it. The Camaro is a better handling car, particularly 2012-2015 models which got an updated rear suspension.
When equipped with equivalent track packs, the Camaro is THREE seconds a lap faster which puts it in a completely different performance league.
youtube.com/watch?v=dtmku2Lw5es

The weight advantage of the Mustang was never utilized the way it should've been. It's a wayward handling bastard that tries to kill you around corners while the Camaro is a study in control.

Because all the easier to skid out and hit you with, my dear!

Get a Watts-Link for the Mustang and a few other parts from Griggs Racing, and watch it become a 50/50 weight distribution canyon-carver/track-monster.

throw similar love at the Camaro suspension and watch the Mustang disappear in the rearview when the road gets twisty

uh oh looks like i hit a nerve

thats some nice gains, how much do those heads go for new ?

jegs.com/p/Ford-Performance/Ford-Performance-GT350-Coyote-Cylinder-Heads/3579613/10002/-1

And yet, when they square off in NASA's American Iron series, the Mustangs win, consistently.

and yet, in the Pirelli World Challenge series GTS class, both repeatedly lose to a 4 cylinder FWD mid-size Kia sedan.

Where can I watch these races without cable?

GT500 will probably hold it's value better and it was the car used in the Knight Rider reboot. 2014 will have a nicer interior and some chassis improvements.

I would ask if you're going to mod it. And how long you're planning on keeping it.

The GT500 is a bit faster, and just a few mods later it will kill the 5.0. The biggest issue is traction.