Is the Bible really full of contradictions as atheists claim and corrupted as muslims claim?

Is the Bible really full of contradictions as atheists claim and corrupted as muslims claim?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panbabylonism
contradictingbiblecontradictions.com/?p=4288
youtube.com/user/InspiringPhilosophy
berenddeboer.net/sab/acts/1.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_geology
contradictingbiblecontradictions.com/?p=2229
youtube.com/watch?v=mdXJzgtiM4E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah

Care to explain? In the context of my next post.

Anyone who thinks so is free to post their favorite one here.

The entire old testament is a stolen and rebranded recollection of ancient pagan arabo-mesopotamian myths from the pre-christian era, what do you expect? Same goes for the other monotheistic books too

Prove it.

my next post.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panbabylonism

the bible wasn't writen by just one person

It's like the Sopranos. It's over. Pick another show to watch.

Panbabylonism was a hyperdiffusionist school of thought within Assyriology and religious studies that considered the cultures and religions of the middle east and civilization in general to be ultimately derived from Babylonian astronomy and astrology. A related school of thought is the Bible-Babel school, which regarded the Hebrew Bible and Judaism to be directly derived from Mesopotamian (Babylonian) mythology.[1] Both theories were popular in Germany, and the height of Panbabylonism was from late 19th century to World War I. Panbabylonist thought largely disappeared from legitimate scholarship after the death of one of its greatest proponents, Hugo Winckler.[1] Modern Panbabylonist arguments are considered to be a form of psuedoscience.[1]

No and no.

For example the last one claims that since those verses say that God dwells in Zion and is also present in the Heavens, it's somehow a """"""contradiction"""""".

This image also takes advantage of proddies' KJV's mistranslations.

There are no contradictions in the Holy Bible. None. Zero.

Never fall for atheist lies and mohammedans' mental gymnastics are laughable.

Sure thing buddy.

Just use my image, work on it yourself mang. I am
I use these arguments all the time, it is always met with silence. People also assume I am atheist because I deny christian doctrines.

This is how I know you're lost.

...and everything is in perfect harmony.

Read the last sentence again. That's you. A form of pseudoscience.

Christian doctrine is that there is one God, and He is Christ Jesus.

By denying that, you actually are an atheist.

Your King isn't perfect and it's so mistranslated that atheists rub their hands and are able to present many actual difficulties from it.

>By denying that, you actually are an atheist.

But I do not deny the existence of god.

xD, you're literally retarded and actually just proved my point.

Noah is Utnapishtim in the Epic.

Same guy. Same flood. Told by the Sumerians, evil people, first, and then told by Moses with the inspiration of the Holy Spirit of God.

All ancient cultures speak of a global flood.

Your papist bible feminizes the proto-evangelion. I'll take a few thees and thous over that, all day, every day.

Which state are you from?

No, you just think you're not an atheist.

There is only one God (you say no).
He is Jesus (you say no).

There are no other gods for you to believe in; you're an atheist.

Consciousness. You should try visiting sometime.

>having mommy issues

Except there was no flood, so all it means was the Israelites copied other people's fairy tales.

Kek, nice mental gymnastics.

I'm a baptist. I'm just wondering.

Saying Mary crushes the serpent is an abomination, and blasphemy. It takes mommy issues to be a papist, actually. Mommy save us. Mommy talk to daddy for us. Mommy help me.

Except that there was a global flood.

The belief that all mythology derives from Babylonian mythology is pseudoscience, but you can make a good case Judaism being derived from it.

I'm in So Cal.

Show me the 613 commandments of Judaism in another people's history.

I'll take 061 of those, to correspond to your post, as there are many.

61. How many believers were there at the time of the ascension?

61. How many believers were there at the time of the ascension?
There were 120 believers after the ascension. (Acts 1:15)
Wrong. The people in Galilee had followed Jesus in great numbers. After the ascension (Jerusalem, mount of Olives) there were at least 120 believers together in Jerusalem.

There were more than 500 believers before the ascension. (1 Corinthians 15:6)
Wrong. The people in Galilee had followed Jesus in great numbers. Jesus revealed himself to more than 500 brethren, this was certainly in Galilee and not in Jerusalem. Jesus had said to his disciples to go to Galilee as he wanted to reveal himself there.
No Contradiction

Er, okay, I'm a bit confused. Were you not trying to show contradictions?

Only this would be impossible to prove.

If source information was ever transferred to newer forms documentation, that would make the source material appear younger than it actually was.

All we have to go on, is the most recent documentation.

I have zero problems saying that all paganism began at Babylon. It clearly did, at least so far as we can tell, the former being wiped out by the Flood.

But Judaism? No, that was unique. God never took for Himself a different people than Abraham's descendants.

Why is it so hard for people to believe a global flood and it being inside most cultures is evidence of out utter lack of understanding?

I mean, if you walk up a mountain and you find sea shells, if the current idea about how everything happened is some super power, of course a flood is going to be the go to idea, you are not going to be able to say, without prior knowledge, the mountains were at one stage in the earth development under water and these shells are remnants of the rising of mountains.

One year when the crops didn't grow, it's gods fault - we didn't know about seasons, about fertility about taking care of the ground, god did everything.

We had little empirical knowledge.

>We had little empirical knowledge.

Our myths and reasoning reflect that*

Jesus crushed the serpent directly and was directly struck by the serpent; Mary, through her cooperation in the incarnation and her witnessing the sufferings and death of her Son, indirectly crushed the serpent and was indirectly struck by the serpent.

Through her cooperation in the incarnation of Christ, so that the Son of God (who, from the cross, directly crushed the head of the serpent) became her seed, Mary did crush the head of the serpent. In the same way, the serpent struck at Christ on the cross, and indirectly struck at Mary’s heart as well, who had to witness the death of her own Son (cf. John 19:25-27). As the holy priest Simeon had told her years before:

“Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is spoken against — and a sword will pierce through your own soul also — that thoughts out of many hearts may be revealed” (Luke 2:34b-35).

wow, you just subscribed to the part of panbabylonism that's deemed pseudoscience

It's a spiritual problem, not an evidence problem. I'll show you the verse.

2 Peter 3
...knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.

>there was no flood

Abomination
Blasphemy
Mother Earth Cult

Pick all of the above.

>fairy tales

Funny how you will take parts of the bible, forget the rest. Care to explain?

Again, no responses, literally second post ITT.

That's because it's not a scientific field.

Semiramis, Queen of Babylon, is Ishtar; is Isis; is Mary the Queen of Heaven. Same pagan goddess. Different names.

Nimrod is Odin is Osiris etc.

I don't forget any of it.

In order to believe in evolution, you have to deny that the world was created a mere few thousand years ago, and flooded not long thereafter.

You have to believe that everything in the past is as we see it today.

You have to believe that the world as created is basically what we have today, incrementally changed over billions of years.

Those people God calls scoffers.

>no arguments
>triggered
Rage on, pawn of Satan.

They're only called contradictions by people that don't know any better. This guy goes through all the ones I've heard of.

youtube.com/user/InspiringPhilosophy

Is there anything you have honestly learnt from the Bible besides a gateway to history?

Your bible is the only bible to feminize the proto-evangelion, you defended it, and it hasn't even always been thus.

Your weak arguments about how Mary was necessary for Jesus to defeat the devil are absurd.

Your worship of Mary is an abomination, idolatrous, and blasphemous.

You need to defend yourself against Jesus.

Luckily, of course, the real Mary has never heard of you, and likely will never have to meet you. That would be awkward.

This guy did a heck of a lot of work on it too.

berenddeboer.net/sab/acts/1.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_geology

>The scientific community considers flood geology to be pseudoscience because it contradicts the scientific consensus in geology, stratigraphy, geophysics, physics, paleontology, biology, anthropology, and archeology.[5][6][7] Modern geology, its sub-disciplines and other scientific disciplines utilize the scientific method to analyze the geology of the earth. The key tenets of flood geology are refuted by scientific analysis and do not have any standing in the scientific community

>because it contradicts the scientific consensus

Mob rules.

>The key tenets of flood geology are refuted

Not even once.

How is this even a discussion?

If Moses wrote on a rock, that would have to be transferred to another platform or medium for the sake of preservation. This process would have to be repeated over and over only further distorting the ability to narrow down the true age of the source material. All anyone has to go on is the most recent preserved transfer.

How can anyone expect to be taken seriously to argue something as vague as this?

Yes, there are indeed countless PROTESTANT denominations.

But Christ founded only one Church, which is the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.

One Flock (church), one Shepherd (Pope)

kek, what denomination are you? If you don't follow the OT word for word, you've literally failed god's test.

>evolutionists disagree
shocking

>You need to defend yourself against Jesus.
Ya blew it. Nice try pawn of Satan.

>worship
Only the Holy Trinity.
>idolatrous
venerating the Saints and Mary =/= idolatry
dulia and hyperdulia =/= latria

Do people who really believe in these Chick Tracts actually exist?

Not an argument.

The Ugaritic storm god Baal Hadad slays a sea serpent named Lotan
The cloud riding Yahweh who's voice is thunder and arrows are lightning slays a sea serpent named Leviathan

What a coincidence!

>every biblical book is meant to be historical

Come now, don't run away.

that really doesn't matter here. regardless of whether it is a "metaphor" we have a good example of the bible reusing canaanite religious imagery and stories

it's helpful to think of the bible not in terms of being full of contradictions, since every denomination finds some braindead way to ignore the inconsistencies or explain them away, but rather to think of the bible in terms of being full of bullshit

the ot is fairy tales and bad writing of a bunch of jewish cucks
the nt is the ramblings of a bunch of apocalyptic cultists
the koran is christian fanfiction

No we don't.

no

>the ot is fairy tales and bad writing of a bunch of jewish cucks
but it has some epic puns, like when someone calls Elijah a man of god (ish elohim) so he calls down fire from god to burn the man alive (esh elohim)

You don't even worship Mary, you worship Mystery Babylon, mother of harlots and abominations of the Earth

>look pastor! I posted it again!

kind of like how doctor otto octavius turns into doctor octopus

Yep.

"And the LORD was with Judah; and he
drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not
drive out [the inhabitants of] the valley, because they had
chariots of iron."
- Judges 1:19

"But Jesus beheld
[them,] and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but
with God all things are possible."
- Matthew 19:26

See

contradictingbiblecontradictions.com/?p=2229

See

>With God anything is possible
>God was with Juda
>Juda couldn't drive out the iron chariots, despite God being with him.
This pointless rhetoric doesn't even address that. It just dances around it. Maybe you should read before you link.

The salt is real.

>With God anything is possible
This doesn't imply what you think it implies.

Go be euphoric elsewhere

>look father! i posted it again!

This is bullshit
youtube.com/watch?v=mdXJzgtiM4E

>there aren't 33000 denominations! just a little less!

I think it implies that when an omnipotent being wants you to succeed at something, you will succeed at that something. Even if that means the omnipotent being has to do some crazy ass magical shit to make it happen.

You mad.

>i deliberalitly ignore reality so i can keep spreading my disinfo

>disinfo
I never mentioned the number 33000.

Yet you continue to claim there are thousands
All you papists do is disinfo. You can't withstand legitemate examination.

>All you papists do is disinfo
That's rich coming from a proddy.

>mother of harlots
so protestant churches?

Go prep the bull

Is that what a papal bull is?

There are tons of things that seem like obvious contradictions but Christians have spent centuries coming up with headcanons to retcon them into making sense.

>But Christ founded only one Church, which is the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.

That's not the point and is being argued outside of the context.

Context being anyone saying anything else than what Jesus said is literal heresy trying to lead you astray.

All those other denominations are literally Satan's work, if you don't follow anything but the OT you failed.

Reminder that this Anti-Catholic shitposter is an atheist from /pol/:

>still no argument
>literally triggered

Do you even know what Jesus said?

>All those other denominations are literally Satan's work
Yes, generated by his pawn Martin Luther: You can post all the meme images you want but you won't change Scripture and Church history my role-playing friend: