farrfaster.com.au/default project turbo 6.html
carsales.com.au/private/details/Holden-Camira-1985/SSE-AD-4454415/?Cr=3
youtu.be/BQgQIyIhI0o
drive.com.au/used-car-reviews/troubled-past-of-the-camira-20100824-13nhl.html
youtube.com/watch?v=EkyPoeAcxOI
carsales.com.au/private/details/Subaru-Impreza-2004/SSE-AD-4423112
ebay.com.au/itm/252672756824
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/coffs-harbour/cars-vans-utes/holden-vr-bt1-v8/1132629871
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/grafton/cars-vans-utes/-5000-firm-due-to-rego-almost-due-may-swap-/1112152964
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/coffs-harbour/cars-vans-utes/holden-commodor-perfect-rego-until-may-2017/1134140269
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for cucks

2nd for cucked

I am cuck as well.

2nd for ecotec best tech

ecotec utes for best drift missiles

>failed hard

Seems about right.

There's a daihatsu rocky with a brand new 2.8TD engine just near me if i want something 4x4. Or i drive to the coast for a newish faclon

If I were a person with the ability to choose where I live, I would probably consider Wollongong. Close enough to Sydney without the outrageous prices.

>Looks pretty tidy man.
Thanks... mine has a pretty hektik duck tail wing compared to his. Don't really know how to feel about the colour scheme, it depends on the day. Most of the time I really like a lot, but then I'll see a picture of a panda coupe or something and think "man that looks cool". I like the red pandas a lot as well. Was one for sale in Canberra last year that looked really tidy, but apparently it was pretty fucked. Everyone that commented on it (was posted on JDM Sales NSW) told other people to stay the fuck away from.

Last AE86 I had my hands over was a series one, sr02det swap, in a silverish blue but pretty rough looking, and the clutch fork decided to get jam the car into second in Nasho.

Seemed like a hell of a lot of fun either way. Personally I am getting pretty tired of owning tidy cars because it just becomes something that forces you to hold back and care too much about what you own and would love a chance at owning something that I could truly call "how ya goin".

>saw a riced vy with the numberplates 38-MANG
TRUE FUKKEN BLUE

If I ever bought a v6 VS I would probably get LATE38, because you are never late in a 3.8

Yea, it's a fair whack of fun. Not sure what it's like in comparison to a larger car like a Commo or a Falcon, but it feels light and you can throw it round corners at pretty crazy speeds. The engine has NO TORQUE, there's like, nothing at all below about 3k RPM, but the party starts at about 4k and it screams all the way to 8.

Sort of feel the same way, would be nice to have a car that I don't have to care about. Suppose the Seca is a little that way but even then I feel bad if I really romp on it hard.

Sort of have a desire to pick up a really cheap and derelict looking R31 Skyline or something, RWD. Leave the trashed exterior as is, but build one hell of an engine and drivetrain for it, install some good suspension, and make it into a shitty sleeper with too much power.

You almost had the get too. I'd always been thinking about ridding myself of the VE SS and just owning a ratty N15 Pulsar or Silva S13/14 that's been beat to hell and filled with ebay parts just to know what that side of life feels like.

>doing discs on me mums territory
>take the caliper mounting bracket off
>the bolts are fucking rooted
>look high and low for new bolts
>cant find shit all
short of calling ford and getting raped on price where the fuck do i find these stupid bolts
no i cant find them in repco or anything they have this stupid flat bit on the end
>pic related this looks almost exactly like what i'm after

How hard is to actually drift a mangadore?
I have a vy and want to drift it. not competitively but just practise in it every so often. Ceebs buying a track car.

Fit a VS front end to a Silva and you'll easily have a drifting Commo.

That aside, welded diff, decent coils and camber. You've got a lot of weight to try to shift and honestly better off just buying something better at the task.

>You almost had the get too.
Ah shit. Close miss.

>VE SS
You're the guy with the purple one, 420BLZ? Nah, don't get rid of it. I like it. If I had the money I'd probably get a VF SS.

And speaking from the other side, owning a beater that constantly has things going wrong isn't great. The amount you spend on replacement bits and pieces gets pretty ludicrous, to the point where you'd be able to buy something decent if you had saved instead.

Example - I've had the Seca a little over two years as a daily, and it's reliable, I definitely have a lot of trust in it. But the amount of stuff I've had to replace because shit's old and deteriorated is nuts.

What other jap rwd turbo sedans are there like the mark ii/chaser?

That's so disgusting.
I love it.

Cresta/Laurel, Cedric maybe, Verossa

You got me. It isn't by any means show car perfect but all I've done with it this year is track it and many other vehicles could provide better enjoyment for a lesser running cost. I suppose it's easier to pick at the cars you know the best.

Got bigger plans for the VH right now, mostly a new front end and more crazy in the engine bay.

Let me tell you: commodores are not chuckable. The only one that i've driven that was was a v6 auto vs that you had to throw into a corner to skid, for non-skidding driving fun it wasn't tossable though.

Good thing is, the ls1 v8s have so much torque that you don't have to rev. I can drive all day and not get past 2krpm.

Shieeet, didn't realise you and VH guy were the same person.

What engine does it have? Holden 6?

>Good thing is, the ls1 v8s have so much torque that you don't have to rev. I can drive all day and not get past 2krpm
I've never driven a V8... this is a feeling that I do not know. Never driven a turbo that wasn't a diesel, either.

If you're around syd then i'll show you the awe-inspiring fuel consumption of the LS1

It's really different from anything that i'd ever driven. It's an old poorly designed holden but it's still comfy but fast but effortless

Turbos are great too but i've never experienced a proper one (manual+not economy-turbo

Yeah the wonderful and gutless tractor motor 179 blue six. The front looks pretty tragic due to some offroading incident two years ago (pic related, top night) and made worse by my sister more recently backing a tow bar through the front of it, and surface rust is adding some hella mad patina to it, but otherwise it is easily the best car I have ever owned for the fact that spending 5x the value of the car on suspension overhauling and a good wheel alignment on a 16x7 P20 wheels just suits what it is and what it can do so perfectly.

It is in desperate need of a lot more modern power now since I'll get out dragged by a new auto Corolla and I don't want to go down the LS or RB path.

>Poorly designed
Lol if it's completely stock

>mfw this is what my area is known for
>apart from meth busts and drug hauls
youtube.com/channel/UCmNETC88obFbRZ-1X-CNCjA/videos

Lol this guy is fucking on point its great

The fact that you have to modify it to be "good" means that it's not very well designed.

I mainly meant the slushbox autos, overall build quality and inability to cruise at anything more than 110 (lol4gears)

Considered a 1uz? It's a great smooth v8. Assuming you're not going for power records of course

>no aftermarket
>needs forced induction to get any power

>Yeah the wonderful and gutless tractor motor 179 blue six.
>mfw just reading about these
>The higher capacity blue six that came in the VH Commodore made 111hp
>111hp from 3.3L

HOW

Well, can you fit triple Webers on it? Them and big cam. At least it would sound excellent that way.

Get a old XJ 4.0l and put it in there?

Should be easy to bolt up i thought about putting my one into a valiant

34th for FUCK OFF

I'm looking at lighter engines, but would also happily settle with building up a screaming Holden red for it to obtain that period correct feeling. Turbo SR20 has crossed my mind as well. Set far back in the bay it should handle nicely and since I'm not chasing figures I'm fine with having a 150-200hp plant in an old car only weighing 1200kg since I already have the VE for all the Wangan madness.

Go-fast parts are hard to come by for the blue motors now but still possible if you try hard enough. I got dyno'd in my 2.85L model when I had the factory carby rebuilt back in 2013 at 60rwkw. Magnificent starting point I know. These were engines adapted to meet crippling smog standards in the late 70s/early 80s. The torque and super short gearing helps keep it feeling fast enough.

I still have the exhaust air pump in place. Pic of the bay when I first collected this beast from Broken Hill back in '13. Nothing has evolved in there since I bought it.

35th for make me

amc 4.0l efi

>implying the 1uz is a big numbers engine
>implying it won't be mint in a light old car

AJ6 motor?
They're great, utterly bulletproof but not easy to get more power out of and a bit of a headache to deal with when lucas takes the piss

iirc 1uz is light as hell

Honestly i'd love to see a modified 4age or whatever motor is in the s2k.
The car should be light enough (in theory)

Fuck off seppo

put a 308 in it

What about a $300 barra?
or this this is also good

youtube.com/watch?v=sDC8MwbmjFI

The Salmon is good for numbers and would push the angry buttons on so many of the 'gotta keep it GM' purists.

i love the barra and i own a ls1 commodore

i'd put one in ever car i own if i could

Fuck off falcunt

should I?

>Barra in a VL
Dies this make people mad?

If you wanted something "different" without creating a heck of a lot of work for yourself, I'd go down the path of turbocharging a rebuilt Blue six.
You CAN do it yours, but if it were me I'd be starting out with a 202 blank canvas. Find yourself the injection manifold setup from a VK and adapt it to the motor (pic related). Apply what ever injectors, engine management and exhaust manifold you want and go from there. If it were me, I'd aim to make it look as though a turbo option that could've been factory.

Otherwise you'd never be late with a Three Oh Eight.

If you dont mind the $250 a year do it. Could drop it to NVRL8 if you want to save some money

>All those hose clamps on what looks to be the fuel line
wat

Looks brutally simple though, must be easy to work on. I like that.

>These were engines adapted to meet crippling smog standards in the late 70s/early 80s
That explains quote a lot. To be fair, even the Holden V8s of the era were pretty gutless.

If I were you, I'd want to keep it period correct with a hot 179. Big cam, head porting, triple webers if possible, nice flowing extractors. Few people on YouTube seem to be squeezing 225+ hp out of them without too much issue.

>Honestly i'd love to see a modified 4age or whatever motor is in the s2k.
Ironically, all 4A-G's make more power stock for stock. That's why I was so surprised the Holden six made so little, my little 20V has a fair whack more despite nearly half the displacement.

Fully modded 16V would be cool. Especially if you got ITB's for it. Prepare for absolutely no torque at all.

>owning a lsdoor makes me a falcunt
nah ur falcunt ai

Doesn't have nearly as much WHY factor as this.

>heavyass drifo motor swapped from one landbarge to another
i am more impressed they made it fit to be honest

Wow. It actually fit.

Why not just buy the original boat it came in though

farrfaster.com.au/default project turbo 6.html
Kind of what I had in mind.
Given that RBs maintained a level of bolt in ability, it still makes a lot of sense. While I don't know about VT-VZs, I do know for a fact that RBs are literally a bolt in for VN-VS with a VL K-frame. With the stil relatively light 90s sedan that the Commodores were, it makes for a fun daily driver.

>nautical mind
oi brah do u reckon it has the fully sick FE2 performance pack on there?

really wanted NVRL8 but its taken, along with NEVRL8 & NVERL8
NVRL8M8 isn't taken but i'm not sure I like the look of it

This would go nicely with my brand new Dodge Challanger

pic related its my ship

Stumbled on that same page early in the year actually. From my last job I actually managed to obtain a full EFI manifold, fuel regulator, wiring harness, "ECU" and other odd bits and pieces off someone who was trying to make an EFI Torana but ended up selling the project for a Valiant project instead. What I didn't get and still kick myself over was not taking the black 202 EFI head and cam as well since it is regarded the best flowing factory head and has a few tiny differences that make fitting up the EFI manifold a lot easier.

I cleaned all the parts up but never ended up doing anything with them since the consensus for an NA 6 is to stick with double or triple SU or Weber configurations for better power.

Oh yes, you'll always see better results on the dyno with independant throttles, be they EFi or carburetored. But in terms of drivability and tunabilty the EFi manifold is a fantastic solution for budget Holden turbocharged applications.
The only flaw with the setup is the manifolds being on the same side makes packaging a little cramp.
If this is VHguy, and you already have the setup tucked away for a rainy day... then I reckon you'd be silly not to go down this path.
Saves getting half way through a butchered project trying to make something fit that was never designed to be there.

This is VH guy. I know of some shops still making/building 12 port heads. Once my bonuses start rolling in next year I might start making some calls and get some overhaul moving along. Choo choo just for the sound and FEELS would be excellent.

why not just drop a 4.0 in there and call it a day?

Engine mounts, cross members, shafts, engineering it...

I only have so much money to throw at this car in a year.

Godspeed.
Because you're a complete idiot who doesn't know what they're talking about.

i meant the amc/mopar 4.0

i meant the AMC 4.0

it would literally just drop in and go

>i meant the AMC 4.0
I know what you mean, and it doesn't "literally just drop in and go". Real life isn't Forza.
Then you're stuck with a slow revving long stroke overweight pig.

Thinking about getting this:
carsales.com.au/private/details/Holden-Camira-1985/SSE-AD-4454415/?Cr=3

Are they any good at all?

b-but i like that motor

Falcunt?

holy fuck i found one of those not long ago for giggles on there

fuck no they are aweful
ya nah yeah ai

h-how hard is it to rebuild my transmission guys?

youtu.be/BQgQIyIhI0o

>fuck no they are aweful
Really? Why?

I'm just looking for a

>google Holden Camira
>this is the first thing to come up
drive.com.au/used-car-reviews/troubled-past-of-the-camira-20100824-13nhl.html

the 1st gen one you're looking at is even worse

Right, here's a nugget of truth for you. NEVER buy anything holden but the commodore or stuff like the drover which is a rebadged suzuki. They are pure, refined trash.

Commodore is arguably trash but will actually run for a decent amount of kms

>Commodore is arguably trash but will actually run for a decent amount of kms
unless your me and treat it like a silly bugger

Camiras are the only car I've ever seen that has a section on its Wikipedia page outlining everything that goes wrong with them.

Take that as you will.

Falcunt?

Are there any turbo v6s on the market or will i have to turbo a 350z

this aughta be easy ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=EkyPoeAcxOI

kill me

i feel my trans is much more fucked than the one in the videos since it sounded like a cement mixer before it blew and clunked/grinded in gear

Probably fucked since it was easy to overheat when i first got it.

I'll remember to take into account whether or not some retard likes an arbitrary motor next time I think about power upgrades.

well thats not very nice

have a burning 4l60e

Why 4L60E? Why not get a 4L65E or a 4L70E? They might be able to stand up to your hamfisted control a little better.

i havent ordered anything yet and i doubt i will until midway through next month

Shame local shops are cunts and overcharged, ill ask around.

carsales.com.au/private/details/Subaru-Impreza-2004/SSE-AD-4423112

Should I? how much do you think I could get it for?

Price sounds ok, car looks ok, go for it

needs the big fuck off spoiler

It's half the price to get a t56 conversion kit.

Argh decisions

On one hand manual Calais literally don't exist and it would be unique but on the other hand dailying manual in traffic sucks
ebay.com.au/itm/252672756824

A decent auto that can handle 400-500hp with a stally is 4k

Fuuuck my brains imploding I'm gonna sleep on it

So what are you fags doing for new years? Probably gonna drink until I pass out at my desk again

Getting smatted same as u

Lol what about this Veeky Forums? I wonder what it really needs for rego also lost my shit at gay looking steering wheel put on by a dickhead

Please view this ad:

Holden VR BT1 V8,
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/coffs-harbour/cars-vans-utes/holden-vr-bt1-v8/1132629871

Probably going to do the same except not drink.

I actually saw this at a car show and the green is even more horrid in person.

No wonder he can't sell it.

Should I just matte black it for sick cunt points

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/grafton/cars-vans-utes/-5000-firm-due-to-rego-almost-due-may-swap-/1112152964

And the last oddity

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/coffs-harbour/cars-vans-utes/holden-commodor-perfect-rego-until-may-2017/1134140269

Only 90k mangmiles and 6 months mangrego

I'm going to some autistic party with eurobeat and hopefully hookers

I'll be in my bedroom, making no noise and pretending that I don't exist

Fuck you harry

Lucky you I just sit on me mums mates porch getting slazzed and shooting the shit
Are you at least getting smazzad?
Harry potthead

FUCK OFF

>inb4 diskcord
You should get on discord for the night if you have nothing to do. We need more drunk cunts in chat to really get the shitposts flowing

Voice chat that is. Don't want more drunk Cunts who can't type