LS1 Swapped Rx-7

>LS1 Swapped Rx-7

Turn a balanced car that dances through curves into a hunk of metal that catches people off guard at traffic lights and not much else. Meh.

Other urls found in this thread:

norotors.com/index.php?topic=3426.0
youtube.com/watch?v=SLONL8ax9CI
ebay.com/gds/10-Things-I-learned-about-buying-a-used-Porsche-Boxster-/10000000008432636/g.html
speedhunters.com/2015/03/faster-than-a-superbike-a-real-1017hp-street-fighter/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A fully dressed 13B-REW weighs almost as much as an LS. The LS also keeps the weight near enough 50/50 if swapped properly.

Try again.

>swapping engines in general

Why not just get a better car?

Weight is very similar. However, the LS can't add much more power without adding FI. The 13b-rew already has it and can be tuned appropriately.

This is why the faster drag builds stick to the rotard.

because you like the car.
There is nothing on the market like MR2 series.
If you want to keep your mrs/mr2 competetive you need an engine swap at one point.

I'm more upset about the fact that people take like the only car with a rotary and swap a piston engine into it. It's like the only thing that makes the car unique.

>competetive

at what?

people like spending 10 thousand plus USD to build a piece of shit

cant help these kind of people

too bad once you swap out the stock heavy manifolds and turbo setup on the 13b its much lighter and makes a shit ton power for no where near the same cost

LS swap is for retards

3sgte not good enough for you?
Also this. Lol.

They basically turn them into c5 Corvettes. A car which you can buy for the same price as an FD. Doesn't make any sense at all. Keep the R in rx7!

The C5 Corvette screams middle-age crisis. So many of them are your typical convertibles + autotragic gearbox. Plus, you can't even hit the touge in style.

The only Vettes I respect are the "performance" models, like the Z06 and ZR1.

10k?
try 50k+ and still doesnt run

norotors.com/index.php?topic=3426.0

Well, no shit. Buy a manual coupe then. Still will cost the same as an FD. Spend the $5-10k it would take to put an LS1 into the FD into cams/exhaust/etc on the vette. End up with a good car that still has air conditioning.

no one here could afford to totally do an engine swap into an rx7 and have it not look act and perform like total shit

its beyond a single Veeky Forumstists capability

buy a post swap car done right and stop fucking around

it takes 500 and an Afternoon

jokes aside

>buy a post swap car done right and stop fucking around

this as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=SLONL8ax9CI

speak for yourself

But I have better things to do with my time and money.

>tfw no 13b-REW swapped C6
>tfw no 20b swapped C7

No problematic swap, no unreliable rotary, juicy v8, money saved.
Just buy the superior car to begin with. pic related

hey I worked on that car

>glorious Nippon steel folded over 10 thousand times!

That's how autistic you sound op

>inupost

disregard and move on

Is best motoring like Car & Driver lightning lap for Japan?

#rekt

>engine swaps engine swaps engine swaps
lmao u never been near a built 4ag car

>took an unreliable car and made it reliable.

It's a super dated engine that pushes a whopping 120whp factory. Thats not much of a starting point to build off of.

Plus people want way too much for those motors. They get similar power to fucking d series Honda engines while having more displacement.

neat, Im assuming you work at Flying Miata?

How long have you been there and how is it?

*120 HP at the crank

>far too big for being a two seater sports car
>terrible driving characteristics because the engineers know that people will only do highway pulls in it anyway
>still engineered for minimum cost like every single other Americans
Designing cars to a certain quality level? Not in the land of the God damn free! It's gotta be fucking cheap so that even Bubba can dream of owning one in a few years.

That's why you move the gearbox to the rear like the superior uncompromised Corvetteā„¢ layout.

Which ironically is only done on the Corvette since 1997, far later than a plethora of other cars.

Hell, GM themselves have put a transaxle in a compact family (!) car in 1961, and then they threw it back out 3 years later and let the idea lie around for 33 fucking years before finally realizing that it miiight be useful on the Corvette. That overrated heap of shit has permanently been behind the times.

>C5 Corvette screams middle-age crisis
Fuck y-
>The only Vettes I respect are the "performance" models, like the Z06 and ZR1
Oh, never mind.

The LS still weighs more and sits higher, wider, and more forward than the 13B-REW. This is awful for handling. The 13B can be made drastically lighter with mods that you would do anyway for simplicity/reliability. It can easily weigh half as much as an LS.

The LS is a boring motor. It sounds like shit and is just a regular V8. It belongs in the Corvette so keep it there. I'll keep my spaceship miracle engine and you'll keep wondering why because you haven't driven a rotary yet.

the LS sounds like SHIT

I think DAf cars also did it when they were brought out by Volvo ending in the 360

Tons of Lancias, Alfas and Ferraris as well, and a bunch of other cars. I picked the Pontiac example because it was GM ignoring THEIR OWN innovations.

I somehow doubt something slapped together in user's garage will be reliable.

>There is nothing on the market like MR2 series.
Cayman?

and the rotary sounds like liquid shit in a metal bucket

what if i love the car but hate the engine?

I don't see how this is even possible. The rotary is easily 50% of why anyone loves an rx7.

ebay.com/gds/10-Things-I-learned-about-buying-a-used-Porsche-Boxster-/10000000008432636/g.html
not really.
MRS has dat reliability.
Dat lightness
dat cheap aftermarket
dat 2zz swap
dat MPG

I was talking about SW20. Reliability will be somewhat offset by how old it is in terms of how often it will break, not that SW20 is in any way as expensive to own.
Weight and dynamics are comparable if you boost the Toyota beyound 250 hp (it's slightly ligther).
Cayman launched at MSRP of around $50000, turbo SW-20 was 2778000 JPY = 23,754 USD in 1989. The first inflation calculator I used told to me that would be $46,234 in modern money, that of course is not precise at all, but still. Cayman is more expensive, but it's also much more sophisticated. Fun thing about Porsche is that now tha all European makers are making luxury cars rather than performance cars, they kind of crossed into being the most performance-oriented brand since there's no huge difference in price anymore.

for mr-s you might as well go for a 2gr swap instead of 3s

Rotards in full damage control mode, I'm gonna post this and leave the thread because no logic will ever change their minds anyways, there's no point in even debating with them.
Peace out tards

>50/50

[citation needed]

Owner of a UK based fabrication shop built this:

speedhunters.com/2015/03/faster-than-a-superbike-a-real-1017hp-street-fighter/

I remember him corner weighting it and it coming back as 51/49 front/rear or something similar.

>take sporty looking car and drop a boat anchor into it
>hurr it go faster at light
you can do this shit to any relatively light car so i dont understand why people get autismic about this one particular model

People who go autistic over V8 swaps have never owned and tracked an FD.

If all you care about are lap times then an LS swapped FD is the way to go. I say this as someone who has persevered with the 13B in my FD.

Because some people like driving something different

sometimes engines swaps are the only way forward performance wise

You have no idea, I race with a LS1 swapped FD and it is competitive as fuck LS is the same weight as a 13BRE

Because rotary engines are shit.