Discuss

Discuss

Hi grandpa

Grandpa?
Not OP, but the new S90 is sexy as fuck.
I miss my '86 240 though.

This feels like what the a more S/7/A8 of a var when it's comparable is size to E/5/A6. I mean, if you aren't interested in doing hektik things, that thing looks neat as fuck.

I mean, most people have no interest of exiting a corner with smoke pouring of the rear tires anyway.

So, not much of an enthusiasts car i guess. I still think it looks cool

Sedan rear looks stupid. Wagon is pure sex.

eehhhh, could have been better

Nice, a Chinese car

>4 cylinder engine

Ruined.

Looks like Volvo
Oh wait

If the V90 came in something that competed with the RS6 and AMG C63 i'd be a lot more interested .

I love it.

I want to get one for my mom but I know it's too long and she'll rub the bumpers on curbs and shit.

Here's hoping the updated V60 is about as nice.

t w i n c h a r g e d

Actually? Neat.

I like this a lot.

Why does no one make wagons with rear ends that actually look like fucking wagons? I don't want it to curve forward for muh dynamics, I want to store as much shit as humanly possible.

because they want it to look good as well

>like box aesthetics better

It really was designed to be a wagon because the sedans's rear looks like shit. Also looks kinda too high, reminds me of a donk.

Fuel economy, safety, and looks.

they used to be top of their line

now is a different story

>literally only one engine for the whole complete fleet

>only slight different chip tuning to make them seem like different engines

they're going all in with being progressive

how is progressive and having one engine the same thing. Besides, twincharging is fucking neat

>Front wheel drive

Implying that matters in a comfy luxury city car meant for surviving traffic jam brutality

Looks good, but interior designed by team of women and and motor is literally have turbocharger , supercharger and air tank to fill the boost gaps. Good luck with repairing that.

Proper luxury is rear wheel drive

And it still doesn't matter. No one's going to beat a luxury car through a track day.

>one of these for sale 600 miles from me
>fucking gold paint
>25k burgers

i am so tempted

>French make the comfiest luxury barges
>they are all fwd

Where is your god now?

a v6 would have been better in every way
volvo is "premium"

Those new headlights of recent Volvo cars are rated Poor in safety tests. Volvos are Volvos at the end of the day. they are shit.

if a V6 would have been better in every way, volvo would have used that you fucking idiot. i4 is smaller engine and better for fuel consumption

Volvos cost 10-20% more than they should.

>comfiest
looks like shit

MSRP isn't the big problem, it's their lease rates and agreements. There's no way to avoid or dampen depreciation. And leasing an equiv. BMW/Audi model was hundreds less per month.
You used to at least avoid the valuation and expensive maintenance concerns with Volvo's having their brick-like reliability, but Ford did that in.

I hope the S90 sells well, I hope even more simplifying the engine-platform equation raises reliability, because FUCK are the S90 and XC90 beautiful cars.

I'm Ok with this.

Both the wagon and the sedan could do with more upright C/D pillars and rear windows. It would give the cars more character and certainly suit the upright front end.

But other than that, Volvo is trying to get back what made them so good before Ford came in. Have you been in one of the new models? The interior is lovely and understated

Sure these new cars are more shiny and premium than the models we love from the 80s and 90s, but we have yet to see how the new compact and mid size models will turn out. And the concepts are promising imho
Let's just hope they'll bring boxy back I guess

Also using one 4cyl engine with various kinds of forced induction and electric assistance to power everything is good way to get around joint ventures, which volvo would need to otherwise due to it's lack of size.

sexy af

ITT its ok when volvo does it

so, like... Volvo is trying to be a little more SAAB to sort of will that void?

Making good looking cars is excusable for any manufacturer

>Discuss
How long untill the T8 drops?

I'd expect the T8 version to be somewhat comparable to the S6/E43. Volvo never made an RS/63/full M competitor.

They've got two base engines (diesel and gasoline), two kinds of charging (turbo and twin), and then eventualy a hybrid too. Sure, it's one base engine, but completely different end results.

Volvo isn't proper or pure luxury. Volvo is premium luxury, kinda like any Audi below A6.

>twincharged FWD V6
Please god no. I saw the twinturbo I6 they crammed in there, and that was a nightmare already.

>Volvo is premium luxury, kinda like any Audi below A6

what

Worded shittily, but they're basically correct.

Volvo is about as luxurious as the lower end models of the "luxury" brands. In some cases more so.

Their new models are a lot more expensive than they used to be.

ehh, i dunno. Interior of the new 90 cars looks very good

In what way? For pedestrians?

haha long boy