I can't wait to buy myself a new Fiesta ST! A turbo hot hatch! Sounds sporty

>I can't wait to buy myself a new Fiesta ST! A turbo hot hatch! Sounds sporty...

Other urls found in this thread:

piercemotorsport.com/2014-ford-fiesta-st-suspension/
youtube.com/watch?v=uwPmkzZOhDI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

...oh

Ford builds cheap shit with a massive mark up.
What did you expect?

I get it ...
>I don't get it !

Non-independent rear suspension. Obviously FWD cars that are always front end limited need to have better rear end traction!

It's shit

I'm gonna get one in a few months

a worse rear suspension means you can rip more hektik left-foot braking skidz.

I'm not seeing the issue here.

The Clio 172/182 has the same rear suspension set up and is the benchmark in hot hatch handling.

>shit layout works for a shit class
WEW
E
W

It just werks tho

>hot hatches
>shit

it's like you hate fun

>he fell for the badly built american car meme

Desperately needs more chassis stiffening and support. Something like the frame rails and butterfly crossbrace commonly seen on the MX-5 would turn the FiST into an absolute demon, even with the extra weight.

Bracing like this maybe?

piercemotorsport.com/2014-ford-fiesta-st-suspension/

For that price you could had gotten a Mazda MX5 or a Subaru BRZ.

Something that is fun and is also well made.

you can get a new 2016 fist with recaros, 0% financing for 18.3k right now. you can't find a brz or mx-5 for even remotely close.

No it doesn't. Miatas need that garbage because it's a flimsy convertible with 100hp.

>shitpost guy
checks out

>FiST Base: $21k USD
>MX-5 Base: $25k USD
>BRZ Base: $25.5k USD

Fiesta ST makes more sense for most people since it's cheaper, better at literally everything practical than the RWD meme cars, and muh ecoboost means mad MPGs even when you're flogging it mercilessly.

>sub-200hp """"hot"""" cuckbox
I'll stick with the tried and true formula of big V8 in the front, manual transmission in the middle, LSD in the back.

>muh veeyate
>muh pony car
>muh memes on memes

>in Houston
>obnoxious shit dying enging exhaust suddenly appears
>flat bill wearing 250lb manlet in a blacked out ST
>"illest" sticker on the window
>he drops a gear and "accelerates"
>still going slower than traffic so he gets passed by F250 hauling windows
Just kill me now if people unironically think these are performance vehicles.

>inb4 muh toegay times
kys

>car driving in traffic
>"lol that guy must be going flat out! what a shit box!"

also
>highway pulls

zzz

Highway pulls are pretty fun when your car can out accelerate a truck full of Mexicans trying to outrun your stupidity.

What if I wanted a 150-180hp lightweight hot hatch in the Clio 182 pricerange, but with a turbo instead (muh gains)?

>Wheels have zero camber gain during body rolls
Which is a good thing, since it promotes oversteer, thus improving turn-in - which can be a problem in FWD cars. Anything that makes a FWD car rotate is a good thing in my book.

>Boost means MPG even when you're flogging it
Actually, it's only good on gas when you're off boost. That's physics for you.

>can be had for 20k brand new
>8:14 on Nurburgring stock except for some pads

youtube.com/watch?v=uwPmkzZOhDI

What other cars let me do this?

Except it makes it incapable of handling road surfaces that are not flat. This includes bumps, potholes, tight curves, etc that are typically encountered in the real world. Irregularities that would typically be isolated to one wheel are now the other wheel's problem, too.

Also, you want some negative camber when loading since sidewalls flex and fold in under cornering. Without this, you can reduce contact patch.

It was simply done for cost saving with the "benefit" of getting the rear end out - not necessarily a performance upgrade.

It costs $25,990 plus on-road costs here

What are you? A Canadian?

If FiST prices are marked up where you live, so will Miata and BRZ prices.

>8:14 on Nurburgring stock except for some pads
8:14 BTG, which is slow as fuck

Literally any car with streetable suspension is going to float like a bastard over bumps.

I have yet to drive a car that can take frost heaves and innumerable pavement patches at speed without shifting me to the other lane. When you're talking about very isolated irregularities, like one pothole every 50 feet or something, yeah, a solid axle can be detrimental. But when you're on a generally shit road, nothing is really going to help.

That and 99% of drivers will never push the car hard enough to where one isolated bump is the difference between an apex and an off.

>the fiesta st makes more sense since its cheaper
and a used geo metro is even cheaper, why not buy one of those?

>poorfag fiesta fanboys trying this hard to justify not being able to afford anything better and having no option other than financing a teenage girl shitbox with their mcdonalds chqcks
LMAO

Wish they'd sell that colour in the UK, it looks great.

Early run Cooper S
Megane R

>people pay 30k for a turbo'd FWD 4 cylinder shitbox
lol. literally buy a civic, a turbo kit and build your own Fiesta ST in an afternoon for 5k.

A Geo-Metro is about 1/10th as fun as a FiST

Yeah, but it costs 1/22 as much as an st, so you could buy 10 of them to equal the fun factor. Chain them all together and sync the brakes/throttles/steering and you can have your own corner carving road train for less than half the cost of an st. Clearly this is the only logical choice.

new civics are ass ugly

Fiesta ST is even uglier

>a pos Civic garage built by an autist is somehow comparable to an OEM standard

Who pays $30k for a FiST

it's not comparable indeed, it's 20k cheaper

yurocucks

Theyre 15k€ here. Not even the limited st200 is more than 22k€

What makes this car special for you

okay then, I guess I'll go off and buy that GTI instead then :)

>He wants to PAY MORE for LESS OVERSTEER and a design that's WEAKER and NEEDS REGULAR ALIGNMENTS

>dominating Rally America with only the minimum modifications

ST is based

but you don't have to worry about speedbump and potholes

fist base with 250 for 21k i don't think so

>with 250
what

>beat by Hyundai in wrc

>because Ford was focusing on LeMans class win

>excuses

its so crazy it might just work.

I don't think a company as big as ford would pull funds from a small time FWD rally to support the GT.

btfo

If only WRC results was any reflection on the ability of the base vehicle, you might have a point.

>ecoboot

>hey senpai we gave you a smaller shitty engine and turbo charged to make it as good as the bigger one and then we named it 'eco-boost' to trick you in to buying it.

KYS. Worse than APPLE desu.

I've just happen to see a 3-door Fiesta today. Pretty cute, since I like 3-door cars. AE86 is truly unique when you think about it.

>got smoked by a Ford in his shitty Honda

I'm sorry to hear that user

Arn't they famous for having a temporary turbo and a gearbox made of glass.

Delete this before Alphonse spergs at you

>0% financing
That should tell you everything you need to know.

> Has fewer than 12 cylinders
> Thinks he is in a position to call anyone else a cuck

The automatic is made of glass, it's been said a 1000 times the FiST is a manuel only, you fucking pleb.

Polo
Ibiza
Fabia

The manual is well known for failed syncros on 2nd and 3rd. You should probably do some research next time, so you don't look like a retard.

That's just normal Ford quality though, nothing wrong with it.

You should probably kill yourself, then you'll stop being a retard

Go and buy a corvette son, you'll feel a lot less angry at the world.

I'll be less angry when you prove actual source on the syncros failure. Till then, you're just another shitposter on a Taiwanese Tuk-Tuk Enthusiasts Forums

>getting this invested in a car brand
lmao you really let alphonse meme on you

Burden of proof is on you

Jokes on you, I like Alphanoose, his shitposting makes me giggle.

The Fiesta ST is a god machine. Just admit it.

>buying new

>Buying Used

Fiesta ST is fine, but it feels like I'm driving a tall shopping cart.

Got a Focus ST and it's one of my favorite cars I can remember driving.

That wasnt even funny

FYI a decent Clio RS can be had here (Netherlands) for about 3K EUR. Maybe 4-5K for a 182.

>Early run Cooper S
Only the second gen (R56) Cooper S were turbo. They start at 7K here - not exactly the same pricerange.
>Megane R
C segment as opposed to the Clio/Fiesta (which are B segment). Starting at 8K for any reasonable mileage, so expensive compared to the Clio.
>Polo
Only Mk4 GTI's came with a manual turbo, and they're about 7K for a decent one.
>Fabia
Only available with a 1.4 TFSI with a mandatory DCT. I'll skip.
>Ibiza
Finally! Someone at VAG had the idea to put a decent engine (1.8 20vT) into a B segment car in 1999, which means depreciation has hit them into Clio 182 territory.

Ford is moving the fiesta to Mexico. Obviously, it's name is Mexican.

How long until we can get dirt cheap Mexican built fiestas?

Fiesta's have been built in Mexico for years, their moving Fiesta production to Thailand buddy.

I really think you should all listen to the most trap mixtape out there YUNG PORT TALBOT - Ford Fiesta ST Dreamz. It goes well with your own Ford Fiesta ST

>>Fabia
>Only available with a 1.4 TFSI with a mandatory DCT. I'll skip

What about the stonking 1.9 PD TDI? They shift very well thanks to bags of torque across a wide part of the rev range.

>What if I wanted a 150-180hp lightweight hot hatch in the Clio 182 pricerange, but with a turbo instead (muh gains)?
Afaik, the 1.9 TDI doesn't have 150hp, nor the acceleration of a 150hp A platform. It does 0-60 in about 10-11 seconds, where a Cupra 20vT takes about 7.5.

br-z's and frs's are made like shit tho
>i've owned both

Alfa Mito QV

It looks so high ip though
Tell them to make a version where I can sit low and still see out

Starting at 7.5K EUR here for a 1.4 with 155hp. Actual QV's are 11K - you could have two Clio 182's for that, or three RS'.

I've also taken a look at it's platform mates: The Punto with the 1.4 T-Jet is about the same as a MiTo. The Opel Corsa OPC seems like a solid choice, with 192hp and about a 7-8K asking price.

Too bad the Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo is so heavy - 1300+kg is a bit too much for a FWD car IMO.