You have 1 millisecond to tell me why you're entire net worth isn't in bitcoin right now

You have 1 millisecond to tell me why you're entire net worth isn't in bitcoin right now.

Overpriced it should correct back to $0 where it belongs

Im a coping pussy.

I bought some gold and silver too.

What if the government shuts down bitcoin or an EMP wipes out computers?

Well, if we're talking usefulness, Monero is lightyears ahead of BTC.

Unfortunately, there's no reason for consumers to use crypto on a regular basis.

As far as BTC as an investment, it's no longer worth it short or long while other crypto exists.

because fiat-to-BTC is too inconvenient (on purpose)

>you are entire net worth

you're in no position to ask me squat

Both delusiona scenarios.
>muh alts
Low IQ

It's too volatile,I can't risk my savings taking a 50% hit ,im slowly accumulating Bitcoin though ,just ordered my trezor.

because anyone who puts their whole net worth in one volatile asset is fucking retarded

BTC is like the dialup of crypto

Bitstamp or BTC-e

bitcoin is a meme.
it's not actually useful unless you are a criminal
i make money out of it sure, but i'm cashing out as soon as i make it. not keeping anything in bitcoin.

I don't have a net worth

Wrong, BTC is the TCP/IP of the internet.
>it's not actually useful unless you are a criminal
This is what plebs said about the internet (and any relevant technology advanced to its own time) back in the day
>i make money out of it sure
You aren't doing shit.

>Wrong, BTC is the TCP/IP of the internet.

You may want to brush up on your analogies, TCP/IP is the TCP/IP of the internet.

hehe. this guy has like 100 BTC and all he does is shitpost on this board

LOL holy shit faggot youre still here? Hahahaha. Good fuck, man, I left for like 6 months and you are still posting the saaaame shit. Thats hilarious.

I'm smarter than that.

Bitcoin is shit shit only Waves and Stratis is the best

Bitcoin is TCP/IP, not myspace. That was the point. Everything will be built on top of it.

>I left for like 6 months
You didn't left, you check the Bitcoin price daily, and Bitcoin has been going only up during the pass 6 months while you cry.

I'm not retarded.

Is this how you cope?

>You aren't doing shit.
yeah user i'm busted you know me, you know what i'm doing because you see all and shit right? kek.
>Wrong, BTC is the TCP/IP of the internet.
the fuck am i reading? jesus.

>implying

What's happened in India is just the beginning. Government money is obsolete. Get on board while you still can.

>Everything will be built on top of it.
uhm... when? cause
>in 1973 TCP/IP and with that the internet was truly born
>in 1985 TCP/IP became the choice for NSFNET
>in 1992 IAB became truly peer organized
> by 2007 more than 97% of all telecommunicated information was carried over the Internet.
>As of 31 March 2011, the estimated total number of Internet users was 2.095 billion (30.2% of world population)

meanwhile
>in 2008 Bitcoin whitepaper published
>in 2012 some merchants accept Bitcoin as payment
>in 2013 Bitcoin has less than 10k users
>in 2016 Bitcoin wallet count is less than 10mil and already near impossible to run a full client.
>in 2017 only 200k transactions daily

>in 2012 73.9 billion credit card transactions in the us alone, that's 200mil per day
>2016 426 billion card transactions worldwide

bitcoin has not even began to show signs of going mainstream dude. it's fucking fringe volatile speculative asset for now. bitcoin gained a lot of acceptance compared to zero, but it's still pretty much nothing if you compare it to real shit and the growth rate is pretty shit if you exclude bots and serrvices.

Everyday this same fag keeps posting these shils on this board. Looks like he put all his earings while BTC was on top.

Fiat has a huge head start but is obsolete in every possible way compared with bitcoin. So long as the status quo remains I see little reason for normies to suddenly jump ship. However, as governments continue to act irresponsibly (Greece) or exert political pressures (India) the weaknesses of fiat money come to light. Before this was accepted as an inherent weakness of money, today there is an alternative. I don't think bitcoin will go mainstream until it is needed but I think that day is soon approaching. The fact that bitcoin is still so small today makes the potential upside on that occurrence virtually unlimited. The superior technology wins in the long run.

>Fiat has a huge head start but is obsolete in every possible way compared with bitcoin.
bitcoin transaction growth is not following card purchase growth that's a sad fucking statistic that should wake you the fuck up.
>The superior technology wins in the long run.
nothing makes bitcoin superior to fiat tho fiat is largely electronic today also banks can easily make transactions cheaper than bitcoin transactions if they decide so.

>banks can easily make transactions cheaper than bitcoin transactions
and really this is the most i want from crypto to make banks pull their shit together and offer more value for less cost.

>if bitcoin becomes 1% of all the money in the world
LOL, it's like the delusional people who pitch their products to investors
>there's 140 million cats and dogs in the US if we can sell our collars to 5% of them look at how much money we'll make!!

>bitcoin transaction growth is not following card purchase growth that's a sad fucking statistic that should wake you the fuck up.
No shit. CC's are rammed down every young person's throat while bitcoin remains a niche digital asset used by cyberpunks and criminals. As I said, bitcoin won't go mainstream until its needed. Its current growth or lack thereof should be expected.
>nothing makes bitcoin superior to fiat tho fiat is largely electronic today also banks can easily make transactions cheaper than bitcoin transactions if they decide so.
Cheap electronic transactions is only a tiny part of bitcoin. Bitcoin offers complete sovereignty over your money, that is the real strength and that is something traditional banking can NEVER offer.

When cash gets phased out Bitcoin is really going to explode ,a cashless society is a nightmare scenario.

>Bitcoin offers complete sovereignty over your money, that is the real strength and that is something traditional banking can NEVER offer.
well that's not really true, there exist a few guys that if hey decided you are not allowed to spend a fucking dime (cause they blacklist your addresses) you would never be able to. with banks the things are a bit different they are legally obligated to present you with your money should you ask for it so long the state and legal system are intact nobody can mes with your money and how you spend it.

the only strength of bitcoin is you can easily smuggle it through across borders as you flee as opposed to gold or even international transactions. but most people live their life without any need for that.

>When cash gets phased out Bitcoin is really going to explode
really? so what bitcoin will explode because you can buy bread in shops with it? you know in my country aside from the national currency you can also purchase stuff with euros in most stores. but nobody ever does. simply because the exchange rate is a few% worse then elsewhere. if bitcoin will be accepted the volatility would make exchange rates horrible most people will not lose 20% of their purchasing power and spend half an hour in the store waiting for his transaction to confirm in the blockchain just to be hipster about their currency.

bitcoin will most likely never go truly mainstream. banks will use the blockchain technology for settlement among each other and that will be it.

betacoins are pushing alphacoin, fucking retards

>well that's not really true, there exist a few guys that if hey decided you are not allowed to spend a fucking dime (cause they blacklist your addresses) you would never be able to.

Economic incentives make this a non-issue. Such a decision would destroy bitcoin's value and all value those "few guys" hold/were earning from the mining process. This has never happened in bitcoin's history nor have miners ever entertained such a measure even after bitcoin's most infamous heists (eth bagholders on suicide watch).

Bitcoin allows you to send money to anyone, for any reason, at any time, and to do so anonymously (with proper precautions). No government can ever freeze, seize, or otherwise take from you (inflation) without your consent. Some of these properties normies don't care about, and that's fine, but every single one is a strength. When the world decides it wants to adopt the superior technology bitcoin will be there. Until then it'll remain a niche asset supported by those who need those properties right now (criminals) and enthusiasts.

If cash gets phased out that means tax avoidance no matter how small becomes impossible,if a cashless society actually happens then the sky is the limit regarding Bitcoin price.

Not sure what you mean by blacklisting an address ,you can send and receive Bitcoins with no restrictions ,you have total control over your money.

As for transaction times by the time Bitcoin gets widespread use I doubt we will have the same issues we have now ,Bitcoin is still in an early development stage it's not ready for mainstream adoption.

A nightmare for some, a wet dream for bitcoin holders.

>Economic incentives make this a non-issue. Such a decision would destroy bitcoin's value and all value those "few guys" hold/were earning from the mining process.
same is true for banks and fiat funny you don't see that.
>No government can ever freeze, seize, or otherwise take from you (inflation) without your consent.
if they make it illegal and impose on isps a mandatory filter see how much your bitcoins will be worth the next day lol.
>Not sure what you mean by blacklisting an address ,you can send and receive Bitcoins with no restrictions ,you have total control over your money.
you "sending" doesn't make anything actually happen by magic. some dude needs to process your shit and write it to the ledger. and he and his friends can just ignore your ass forever.
>Bitcoin is still in an early development stage
that would be real bad for a 10yo software it should be mature long time ago and nearing it's phasing out and replacement.

It's funny because BTC bagholders will give you all these analogies and examples of how new technology kills old technology (BTC will soon overtake fiat because horse and buggy! print! automobiles! radio! television! internet!), but when you point out that BTC is already outdated, they throw a hissy fit and try to pull out the same arguments people use to defend fiat.

I don't think you understand the basics of how Bitcoin works,your transaction is bundled into a block then that block is verified by a miner nobody is actually sifting through these transactions and approving them.

>same is true for banks and fiat funny you don't see that.

No it's not. Banks are at the complete mercy of the government. Bitcoin answers to no one.

pic related: what the government has been doing to your cuck-bucks for the past 50 years

>if they make it illegal and impose on isps a mandatory filter see how much your bitcoins will be worth the next day lol.

Probably more, attempts to suppress bitcoin just demonstrate the government's fear of its potential. Retards have been chasing TPB for years now despite torrenting being "illegal". Good luck taking down a decentralized network.

>that would be real bad for a 10yo software it should be mature long time ago and nearing it's phasing out and replacement.

The software is mature. Bitcoin is a lot more than its software.

Unless you bought at the peak there can't be many bagholders at the current price.

How are my cryptocucks doing today? Don't you silly shits realize you could replace the word "bitcoin" with "bananas" and this picture would actually be more realistic?

No one wants to hold your bags except you, desperately clinging to the hope that it will some go "to the moon" (because if it doesn't you are financially ruined). Kill yourself.

>replace the word "bitcoin" with "bananas" and this picture would actually be more realistic?

wtf i hate bitcoin now

That's a big fucking IF. No BTC bugs ever explain how all money in existence is just somehow magically going to be replaced with BTC. Why the fuck would sovereign states, central banks and Jews ever give up their control over money? If they were to go down the crypto route they'd just create their own and make that legal tender instead. See: Settlement Coin.

So go on, convince me, how the is that in anyway a realistic scenario?

Bitcoin is not just digital currency, that already exists. Bitcoin provides complete autonomy over your money.

Governments and (((central banks))) can't just "make their own coin" because it'd be centrally controlled by them and possess none of the properties which make bitcoin special in the first place.

>Bitcoin answers to no one.
except any government that want's to regulate the shit out of it. which they would if bitcoins market share would reach 0.000000000000000001%
>pic related: what the government has been doing to your cuck-bucks for the past 50 years
well inflation is not a direct problem for wealth it's only a problem for people too dumb for investment. your piggy bank gonna be raided by inflation yes.
>Probably more, attempts to suppress bitcoin just demonstrate the government's fear of its potential.
that's not how bitcoin price reacted to trouble so far. it was panic sell all the time even when nothing really happened to bitcoin directly just to a related service. shit would crash. hard.
>Bitcoin is a lot more than its software.
actually that's all it is. and not a particularly good one if i have to say so. which is why hundred thousand new altcoins rise every year. bitcoin scales like shit and the transaction cost is too much. if a state would charge you as much on a micro transfer there would be open revolt. it is suited to move around unregistered funds, but this moving around is actually in plain sight and everyone can see it. if you took some bitcoins for a successful ransom how fast do you think you would be caught when you try to spend it?

>Governments and (((central banks))) can't just "make their own coin" because it'd be centrally controlled by them and possess none of the properties which make bitcoin special in the first place.
you are retarded if banks make a crypto to settle transfers and debt it would be a consensus protocol among themselves. your little cuck ass would have no say in it, but they all would have a majority vote.

That was my point, retard.

The "blockchain" is slow, inefficient, and wasteful. Its only redeeming quality is decentralization. Central agencies attempting to harness the "power of the blockchain" don't understand it where that very power comes from in the first place.

no you don't get it
the blockchain is only "slow and inefficient" because of the proof of work protocol.
if banks have a majority vote system they don't need proof of work. it will be a decentralized voting they sign their votes with their private key and send it out p2p when everyone has 50% of votes in favor of a new block they accept it as true. no churning of hashes is required.

sorry 51% but the limit can be arbitrary even 66% if you wish it only takes a little bit more time.

>Buying high

hmm, no

At this point, with bitcoin at its highest price in years, and segwit on the way, it's clear that people criticizing bitcoin ITT are sour grapes af

I'm sorry you feel left out you knew about bitcoin but never bought any

except the miners you dumbdnut
they approve your transaction by processing it same as any bank. automatically but it's in their control.

wait i think i know what that guys problem is...
he still thinks bitcoin mining is decentralized kek.

You're thick as fuck m8 ,that's why you don't have any Bitcoin.

Chkdsk just deleted 90 gigs of Star Trek and anime off my HD, I sure am glad my life savings wasn't wedged between Spock and Maetel.

i like to de-risk

Nothing wrong with investing in bitcoin, but I wouldnt bet the farm on it

I can't buy milk and eggs with bitcoins

I own dividend paying stock.

You can use XAPO debit card

>put bitcoins into sql account
>call it your own
kek it's like you don't even know what bitcoin means.

i do have some like is said i have income in bitcoin i just don't believe in it.

You obviously don't hold your fortune in sql but if you want to buy milk/eggs with bitcoin you're going to have to trust *someone* at the POS - even at the raw protocol level you'd have to trust the store.

>even at the raw protocol level you'd have to trust the store.
not really, the truth is the store would have to trust you in naked bitcoin. or have you seated for about an hour before you can leave.

Not the point. You're unlikely to use raw transactions at the POS anyhow. The point is you can use a debit card to exchange bitcoin for goods today and do so without trusting your entire net worth to sql.

>have you seated for about an hour before you can leave.

Why do you assume that Bitcoin is ready for mass adoption ? We are all aware of the issues with scaling you don't have to keep bringing it up,and it's not like things are going to stay as they are forever solutions are being worked on.

If any of the altcoins had the transaction volume of Bitcoin they would run into the same issue.

Lastly you're not acquiring Bitcoin to buy fucking eggs and milk with,do you want to be like the guy who bought a pizza for 10000 bitcoins? This is a digital gold rush,you need to buy as many coins now before it's too late,not our fault if you can't see beyond the present and into the future.

Nocoiners on suicide watch

> I don't think bitcoin will go mainstream until it is needed

It's already needed for most people (4 billion unbanked people)

You are talking about 1st world normie adoption.

It will all come. It's all about timing. First we get segwit, then lightning network, then fiat can fuck off, we will be ready to conquer the world.

Salty nocoiner spotted
Here is your banana, now keep coping.

>woXewM43
Low IQ poster.

>This is a digital gold rush
then sell the fucking shovels if you believe so not buy the fucking gold!

>then lightning network
which would sound awfully nice if it wasn't for the fact that it ridiculously keeps your bitcoins hostage for a prolonged period of time to a vendor. the network might help a bit if basically providers take an intermediary role. but that will cost you obviously for their service. if you are one provider and the shop is at an other you are no better off than with a fucking credit card purchase.

True. Criminals also, for better or worse.

When you talk to 1st world normies though most don't understand or care about its strengths.

"haha cool dude interent money xDDD but you know PP already exists right? ;)"

The PP fees don't bother them. They've never had their money frozen or seized. Inflation? What's that? They don't care about privacy and they've never made an international payment. All they want is to collect their check at the end of the week and buy their Starbucks coffee.

Why do these people need bitcoin?

As bullish as I am on bitcoin: I don't think they do.

And I don't think this is because "bitcoin is failing" but rather that fiat is succeeding. Fiat, despite all its weaknesses, has been doing just fine. Fiat hasn't fucked up yet (at least not USD) and until it does I just don't see the mass adoption that brings 5/6 figure bitcoin prices.

>And I don't think this is because "bitcoin is failing" but rather that fiat is succeeding. Fiat, despite all its weaknesses, has been doing just fine. Fiat hasn't fucked up yet (at least not USD) and until it does I just don't see the mass adoption that brings 5/6 figure bitcoin prices.
interesting view but one could argue bitcoin is indeed failing to overthrow fiat in every regard except one. it's not more anonymous and it's not more secure then a bank account either it's certainly not more convenient.
but you can smuggle your bitcoins out of a fucking country without ever having it on you. you just upload your well encrypted wallet to cloud or to anywhere on the internet disguised in a picture and remember your password. they can strip you naked and still can't take it they can freeze your accounts and still can't take it.

will you ever fucking need this? not bloody likely. and even if you do there is no guarantee it will be worth anything by the time you can access it. so it's foolish to keep it in bitcoin just in case but your purchase opportunities will be nonexistent by the time you needed it. full circle of uselessness.

I don't think the original aim of bitcoin was to "overthrow fiat". It was to provide an alternative to fiat and it has done that against all odds. It's incredible that bitcoin is worth anything today, much less $10bn, given its humble beginnings as a piece of software thrown together by hobbyist programmers and cyberpunks.

It is without question more anonymous and more secure than traditional banking.

When I buy something online with a CC that website not only gets my full name but all details required to make any number of transactions and for any amount on my behalf. That's pure insanity. Bitcoin authorizes 1 transaction at a time and for a specific amount and does so without revealing a single piece of personal information. Better still can be conducted over an insecure line with no fear of MITM attacks.

>It is without question more anonymous and more secure than traditional banking.
you never had a swiss bank account i see.

im trying to buy a car so i can get to work

>When I buy something online with a CC that website not only gets my full name but all details required to make any number of transactions and for any amount on my behalf. That's pure insanity.
that is, which is why i would never give them my cvc/ccv whatever the fuck they call it number on a credit card, we got prepaid online purchase cards for that shit that they can't overcharge.

but all in all the vendor gets too much info about you from a card purchase, but he can never see how much money you have, on the other hand if you pay for a latte from your 10k btc address every fucking body will see your worth. sure it's extremely retarded but structuring your wealth only marginally helps. with the right algos it's pretty easy to map your wallet.

So is this what they call a "coping mechanism"?

Go study before shitposting.

But who was panama leaks etc.

>from your 10k btc address every fucking body will see your worth.
Not anymore, google "confidential transactions" and "mimblewimble"

Because I currently have 1.6% of my net worth in my bank account to pay for rent, food & bills.

Bitcoin doesn't need to overthrow fiat as a transaction currency. It's enough if it manages to become very attractive as a store of value (it would thereby not only attack fiat but also gold). Bitcoin already is in such a position because it is much more liquid and has lower transaction costs than gold, while at the same time being very mobile and immune against seizures & transaction blockades by governments and banks.

>going all in on anything
>ever
>especially on a currency whose creator is more mysterious than Thomas Pynchon