Monster trucks

Hey guys can we get a monster truck thread going?

What's the top 5 street-legal models on Veeky Forums?

I really want to get a monster truck. Is it legal to crush other peoples' parked cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P7ytzs_TE8c
youtube.com/watch?v=S0poDIyPEl0
youtube.com/watch?v=4guoxsF7tLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ESF7NQbwvpY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Hot_Rod_Association
youtube.com/watch?v=ohp_nmI_TFA
youtube.com/watch?v=1ZH7p9XpSe4
youtube.com/watch?v=IjFhdAYb0bI
monstertruck.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Jam_University
youtube.com/watch?v=Iqtmd9w5_OU
youtube.com/watch?v=y5V8LzlReY0
youtube.com/watch?v=ILX-4U1c-Hg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

stale pasta

what? It's not pasta at all

Dunno about monster trucks, but I've been wanting to make a prerunner-esque truck that's street legal, although in KY basically anything is legal to drive on the roads.

Sure thing reddit.

Is it legal to destroy other peoples' cars tho?

Otherwise it's kind of useless.

>What's the top 5 street-legal models on Veeky Forums?
Monster trucks like your pic are all custom-built with a tube-frame chassis, a fiberglass body, and a 1500 HP racing engine that will never meet emissions.
To put it short, they aren't street-legal.
You can convert a street truck, but it's a LOT of money and work for a vehicle that is borderline illegal
>I really want to get a monster truck. Is it legal to crush other peoples' parked cars?
no. It's treated like any other car crash

>no. It's treated like any other car crash

What would be the point of driving a monster truck then? Why does anyone do it?

If I can't crush other peoples' property I don't want anything to do with it. Fuck this stupid idea then, but is there ANY state where it's allowed?

It's not legal to destroy other people's cars anywhere as far as I know.

There are many off road opportunities in the area so not totally useless.

I like this too, maybe without that paint job though.

>What would be the point of driving a monster truck then?
F is for friends who do "things" together, u is for you and me, N is for anywhere and anytime at all...

>Why does anyone do it?
They's all done for an sutomotive sport at fairs and closed arenas where it's legal to drive them. They put small wheels on them to get them into the trailers and haul them to either their repair shop afterwards or to the next event.

Look up Monster Jam.

Yeah that seems pretty fun but doing it to cars that don't matter isn't fun.

I want to crush peoples' ACTUAL cars, the ones they need to use to get to work, or pick up their children from school, or even a car they use to drive to visit a loved relative in a hospital.

I want to destroy those cars.

Oh.

You're a dick.

Why do most monster truck videos have an insane amount of dislikes?
Do most people think monster trucks are dumb?

most people probably think they're for manchildren or people having a midlife crisis.

Kind of silly imo

from an engineering/physics standpoint i think monster trucks are cool as shit
maybe im autistic

Now that I think about it... I never actually gave much thought to monster trucks as a whole. I always kind of thought of them as fictional things.

Didn't even know they had much of a following, just looked up a video and it has 10 million views. And stadiums in pictures are entirely filled. Kind of interesting I guess.

In real life I don't think I've ever heard people discussing them.

You must be 18 years or older to be on here.

i think most fans are rednecks/brotruck enthusiasts, but watching trucks with enormous mud grapplers jumping junk cars in straight piped big block v8s is just awesome.

t. Normie scared of his car getting crushed

Atleast reddits not gunna die alone, she might be black but think of the cash!

>you go out for a night of fun and you loose your son
fuck man
youtube.com/watch?v=P7ytzs_TE8c

It was his time.

I love monster trucks and I HATE brotrucks. I have lived all my life in the Northeast too so I'm not some southern redneck.
As a kid, my dad took me to monster truck shows and classic VW shows to encourage my love of cars.
It's an experience. You have to go to a Monster Jam show to understand. It really had to be experienced to be believed.
youtube.com/watch?v=S0poDIyPEl0
youtube.com/watch?v=4guoxsF7tLQ

Does it make any money?

Seems exceedingly expensive and more like a hobby thing than something actually profitable.

probably makes as much money as nascar tbqh
like any spectator sport, the cost of the event is more than covered by the sheer number of fans willing to dish out their shekels to watch

>probably makes as much money as nascar tbqh
>like any spectator sport, the cost of the event is more than covered by the sheer number of fans willing to dish out their shekels to watch

Seriously?

It honestly doesn't seem that popular. Monster Jam has 70k subscribers on youtube, a fraction of that of a medium youtuber who plays children's games.

It's a billion dollar sport. The Grave Digger team, before Monster Jam was official in the late 1990's, made more money selling shirts and memorobilia at shows than they did at events. With the formation of Monster Jam (under the authority of a National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)) injected a lot of much-needed money into the sport to turn it into the huge spectator sport it is today

Monster Jam fans tend to be more rabid than even Nascar fans though the sport makes about as much, if not more money. Monster Jam is actually the world's fastest growing spectator sport. They had their first show in Japan in 2016 at an air strip and the stands were PACKED.
youtube.com/watch?v=ESF7NQbwvpY

and every year, it expands more. There are shows all over the world, though it seems the largest fanbase outside of America is around Amsterdam.

Well okay then. That's interesting.

I never would have thought... Seriously does not seem popular at all from first glance.

Just seemed like one of those hobbyist things where a couple dozen autists gather every weekend or so and watch/participate then go home.

no one really talks about it because those trucks are illegal for street use, and are immensely impractical on an actual road. Strictly and event type thing.
In that sense, it's similar to nascar and funny car racing, which are both billion dollar sports under the jurisdiction of the NHRA.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Hot_Rod_Association

No but I mean I've literally never heard someone discuss it in real life. I don't even know where the first time I've heard of monster trucks was. probably on TV as a kid.

Might be because I live in Canada though.

>probably on TV as a kid.
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!
youtube.com/watch?v=ohp_nmI_TFA

They were KNOWN for ads like this. but instead of getting a beer, if you brought an empty can of coke, you could get like half off the $10 ticket price.

This ad seems highly inflammatory by today's standards.

it's also a fake ad made by a student for his film clas mockign monster truck commercials of the late 90's. I couldn't find any on youtube that did the infamous "SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY"! thing. That was pretty close, even if highly exaggerated

I feel stupid for not noticing that now.

white boi school shooter detected

Monster trucks started in the 1970's in the truck modifying scene, particularly mud-bog events. People would drive their trucks through gigantic mud holes and see how far they got before getting stuck. so the tall truck with giant tires evolved out of practicality.
>Well with these bigger tires, I can fling more mud around and displace the trucks weight better, allowing me to go farther in the mud
>Well in order to fit these tires, I need to jack the truck frame up
and so on and so forth. The original monster truck to get popular was Big Foot. and was soon after followed by others. They started with arena events in the lat 70's and early 80s, but it didn't start gaining traction until the mid-1980's. By then big companies had gotten involved, racing was added and it essentially became a fight for sponsorship. Grave Digger was one of the early adopters of the sport and was independent until the very late 80's. He earned the nickname "One Run Anderson" because he ran his truck so hard it often broke after a single run. His wild driving style, which persists to this day, won him a horde of fans early on and eventually got him the golden grail of sponsorships.
The big rivalry throughout the 1980s and 90s was Big Foot versus Grave Digger.
In the late 80's they finally invented super-advanced shock absorbers that could cope with the stresses of everything the trucks were able to do and actual truck bodies were banned, making the sport safer with fiberglass bodies on tube-frames.
youtube.com/watch?v=1ZH7p9XpSe4
youtube.com/watch?v=IjFhdAYb0bI

I like monster trucks now.

I'm going to present the idea of investing in the growing market of monster trucks to Veeky Forums. They're quite interesting.

By the way, what does it take to drive one of them? Can anyone do it?

>By the way, what does it take to drive one of them? Can anyone do it?
monstertruck.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Jam_University
They have a school for it.
youtube.com/watch?v=Iqtmd9w5_OU
youtube.com/watch?v=y5V8LzlReY0

history of monster trucks.
youtube.com/watch?v=ILX-4U1c-Hg

cool thanks senpai

newfag