How many /ST/ bros we got on here?

How many /ST/ bros we got on here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Su5Fd_w5HXM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

considering one. is it true that you can't turn the torque vectoring off, unless you pull the fuse which also has ABS on it?

Sounds about right. Why do you want it off? To eat less brake pads?

Not really ST, but I have an 03 SVT Focus I recently got. I am loving it so far.

Si4lyfe.

You can turn traction control off, but not torque vectoring. They are different.

+1 Fiesta ST

Gang gang

Oh, I guess RS is the fast one. ST is comparable to Si. I guess we can be friends and jelly of the RS / Type Rs together.

Hmm, you fags have us Si fags beat by a couple milliseconds to 60.

Lolled when I saw the same boy-racer seats while reading about it.

Didn't even know the ST was a thing. Just the the RS.

former, got one when they first came out and quickly got rid of it because I realized you guys are a bunch of fags and possibly even worse than Subaru owners. have fun with your shitbox that needs tires every 10k miles and brakes every 20.

>I got rid of a car because I didn't like other owners and that's it

No you didn't. You didn't like the car or you never had one at all. Nobody is that autistic, since you aren't forced to talk to other ST owners.

brake pad wear doesn't bother me as much as not having full control

time to buy my sister a car soon.

reliability is #1 priority, me being able to grab it whenever i want to and have fun in a car I wouldn't own myself is #2

so, how unreliable is it

ShiTbox reporting in

Torque vectoring is fun on the track though, and doesn't feel intrusive to the driving experience. I've tracked mine, it really helps mitigate understeer.

>how unreliable is it

It isn't. The only significant problem with the Fiesta/Focus are the auto transmissions, which you can't get on an ST. I don't think there are any widely documented issues in fact.

so absolutely nothing I should worry about, and look out for then? at all?

Did that ST just see an Si or just leaking fluids because Ford reliability?

Is Focus ST and Civic Si bantering the new Lancer Evo vs. WRX STi?

As an Si owner I hope so

Considering trading my Celica GTS for a Fiesta ST.

Only 17 hp upgrade though, doesnt seem worth it...

This - I just started this shit yesterday so I am not sure it was a thing before, but it's fun to have retarded rivalries.

Because you're so hardcore right?

I have a FiST. I beat the hell out of her though. I feel bad sometimes but I like to think she wouldn't want to go out any other way.

There's a yellow ST around town that races me pretty much every time I see him always a close one too so the rivalry hits close to home too

>Focus ST
>250hp and more twist than the average truck

>Civic Si
>200hp and 3 torks

Not sure if its just the picture, but that front end looks comically bad from this angle.

because i like having fun, and that's what the fiesta st is supposed to be. seems weird that they haven't allowed the driver to turn the torque vectoring off.

Not that guy, but to be fair that Civic has a more aggressive final drive which makes up for the torque.

It also has a much superior engine, can be built with more power either n/a or with forced induction.

Torque vectoring is there to make it fun in the first place. Understeer isn't fun.

It's there to kick the tail out off throttle, and stay neutral on throttle. It doesn't even feel like an FWD car until you break traction on the fronts.

You can turn the stability control all the way off if you want fun.

considering the fiesta as a second car

lol a civic si of the same year cant keep up. mine also has a bigger turbo than stock

Turbo/SC + supporting mods is a lot of money though. In the ST you just need a tune, maybe an intercooler if it's aggressive enough.

I'll admit the K24 is a beast of an engine though. It pisses me off they're going from a 2.4L NA to a 1.5L turbo this gen though.

maybe it is fun, but why not offer the option for the system to be turned off. it would be fun trying to balance the throttle yourself instead of having the car do it.

Put a turbo on my Si and laugh at all the ST fags wondering why they can't keep up

Is there actually an Si/ST rivalry in the car community or are we just making this up?

Thought about buying ST.

Couldn't get past FWD
Prices used ones were going for at the time

I have a 2013 Speed3, can I join?

Bit of column A and a bit of column B

Do you get wheelhop of off the line? Zoom zoom, don't tear your axles apart.

No I don't. Even with second gear boost limit removed

Torque vectoring is there to mimick a LSD. I don't know how you would replicate that yourself.

but its not an lsd. it's a half-baked in between that cant be turned off. doesn't make sense for something that's supposed to be a """drivers car""".

there were three of them in my part of town, on two different occasions I came out of a store to find another one parked right next to mine and the creepy fuck that drives it sitting there waiting to talk to me. then another one posted pictures of my car on instagram, posted all over the place saying "tag the owner" until someone finally tagged me and he kept trying to get me to have a "photoshoot" with his awful looking car.

so yeah you guys are a bunch of fags. I had nothing against the car but it was nothing special. my Si was way more fun.

I've read over and over again on FoSTs that there is a stumbling idle or stalling out from a stop. Something about the wiring harness being completely fucked up but I have no clue if they fixed them yet. I read cases of 2016MY models being affected.

This can be explored during a test drive though can't it? Or does the problem show up later?

I really fucking love my ST but I would never buy one again

I can't say for sure, this is just purely anecdotal based on my research on the FoST forums. Most of the owners have owned the cars for awhile, except maybe those who bought MY2016 models. And I didn't keep track of those who reported their problems whether if they modified their car or not.

Why out of curiosity?

I agree though. As fun as this car is, every car I've owned has been FWD with 4 cylinders, I want something new.

focus ST owners are vaping mouth mouthbreathers with [HOONIGAN] stickers and other cringey shit

fiesta ST owners are ok and pretty fun though

Can these cars actually be driven in a lax manner? I considered a Mazdaspeed 3 and most reviews complained about how very much the car was just GO GO GO GO, as well as the clutch being very much on or off.

Yep! Takes a light foot but it's pretty enjoyable to row.

The Si can for sure, but it's always begging you to redline.

I guess I'll list a few reasons

the steering set up for one. Low speed I feel like I'm driving a truck. a bit of uncertainty. feels fucking stupid that I have to do 3 point turns on 3-4 lane wide streets for a u turn.

wheel hop and wheels spin everywhere (only on cobb ots 1). I have a decent motor mount too

the fucking blind spots (a pillar in particular), rear window visibility is meh (i have no back up cam)

also yeah I really like driving rwd cars and ones that have a better seating position. I have stock cloth seats and even making the seat as low as possible i feel like I sit high

If i do sell it I will miss high way pulls.

yeah you can easily drive these like normal. I daily mine in about 1 hr of traffic. Clutch is easy esp with helper spring. I'm at about 60k miles
but when traffic opens up suddenly you find yourself in 4th gear and going 80

My Fiesta ST has that GO GO GO personality of a hyperactive puppy, but the clutch is super easy. It takes a light foot to stay off boost, but third/half throttle is perfectly fine for lax commuting.

Sweet thanks. I live in the Bay Area in bumper to bumper stop and go traffic so this is exactly what I wanted to hear.

>the fucking blind spots (a pillar in particular), rear window visibility is meh (i have no back up cam)

This was my problem with the Ford Focus, sucks on highway while checking blindspot. I did have a backup cam, but meh, it was fine without it.

Btw, drove a 350Z, is clutch heavy as fuck normally or was the one I drove probably modded?

I found the clutch engagement on the 350 to be weird, very sudden.

Is the ST community actually like this? The guy who installed the downpipe on my FiST (he owned a FoST) suggested I join a local ST group on Facebook. I don't have Facebook but have been considering becoming more of a normalfag and getting one. Are ST guys a bunch of swaggots or are they normally pretty cool?

yes sadly it's true. I own a fiesta ST and some focus ST owner came up to me while washing my car and told me the same. I did and everything is shitty fb memes, people bragging about street racing (in a straight line kek ok senpai), and posting their shitty modzzzzz.

I actually tried to put some effort in and went on a group drive with them and while all the fiesta ST and focus RS owners were bros the focus ST owners I could hardly stand. at least two of them had [HOONIGAN] all over the cars.

Maybe that's just what normies are like though

it's a mixed bag desu. i'd say the stereotype of FoST being more vapelords is true. But there's also a lot of guys who bought them because it's bigger/more power and still do track/autocross. I fall into that category.

I probably should have gotten the FiST tho.

FiST and RS guys are usually alright. The FoST attracts the same kind of crowd that the WRX and Civic does for some reason though. Lots of HOONIGAN stickers, vape, roll racing, and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST.

They're swaggots like WRX owners, but WRX owners aren't so bad if you can get past the snapback-wearing and vaping. They'll always be up for highway pulls or fuckery at the lights.

>taking banter seriously

>[HOONIGAN]
whats wrong with this faget?
no fun allowed

everything is wrong with that

>its wrong because i say it is

ayyy

funny to quickly scroll through and see all the butthurt Si fags

I went from a full bolt ons/cammed/tuned Si into my ST and I will never look back.

The only thing the Si had over the focus would be I loved the 8th gen interior plus 9k redline.
ST interior is definitely a little lack luster

Focus has been far more enjoyable, faster, and the nice trade in ACTUAL torque low end instead of a strung out top end is something I never knew i needed

Right? Revving past 7k in traffic just to have fun makes me look like a douche. Being able to have fun without going past 5k is nice.

there's usually 2 or 3 everytime a post your car thread pops up. so I would be willing to bet at least 7

Anyone here got the 2.0 Diesel FoST?

Whats it like compared to petrol version?

That exists?

Why do Euros like diesel so much?

Because fuel costs 4x more here

Governments memed us into buying diesels

There's the option of a 2.0L Diesel and the 2.5 Petrol here in Bongland

Yeah but ST is the sport version. Diesel isn't sporty.

>diesels arent sporty

You haven't driven the right diesel then but yeah they probably just called it ST because it has as much horsies as a Golf GTD. Also because its a ST with a diesel engine.

>more twist than the average truck
No
270 ft.lbs. is far less than most trucks

An Si also has 4 maybe 5 torks

Canuckistan here.

c-can I join?

do you have autism or what

i love hothatches

Yo

One of us!

They munch break pads like no other car and handle alright in dry conditions, but handle like shit in wet conditions and are terrible in snow.

Anxiously awaiting delivery of my '17 FoST Estate.

I've got a 2005 NA and I'm so jelly of the euro front end. Such simple changes to the lines make it look so much better.

>Terrible in snow and wet

That is a function of the tires not the car

I'm looking at a 2014 St right now with 57k on it for $16,500. Good deal?

I'm not American but 57k miles on a 3 year old car seems like a fuckton and Fords generally depreciate pretty hard. I've seen brand new ones for that price in Germany.

depends if it has recaros

i can almost guarantee everyone with an ST in this thread attends community college & vapes.

we've been over this, that's only the focus ST's

I'm air force tho

There's like a dozen ST's on this base alone

youtube.com/watch?v=Su5Fd_w5HXM

>2017
>no abs

Now THIS is a good thread.

Sometimes i wish i bought an RS instead.

I know that feel. I bought mine and like 2 weeks later the RS was officially announced.

Granted, it still took like 2 years to come out, but I really want an RS.

What wheels are they Senpai? They look real nice