youtube.com/watch?v=OmM-1T0RYBk
youtube.com/watch?v=i9VWbxXwm1g#t=1m15s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>hot girl
>hot

>tattoos
>hot

Because I don't look like that guy.

Wait, where did OP say that the girl is hot??

They're fast, but as an actual car they don't offer you much bang for your buck.

But i do ;)

Because I'm not a flaming homo vlogger.

Because the r35 is a fat, ugly pile of technoshit.

there are other gtr's...hint: they're manual and light

I do tho

look at the title of the video in the screenshot

>Light

No.

Yes

>implying I could get a 2000 GTR

Yes cunt, a r32 gtr is very fucking light for an AWD car.

Or are you a memefaggot who thinks stripping as much weight out as possible is always good?

topgear.com/car-news/supercar/2018-nissan-gt-r-heres-what-we-know

Have a read from the nissan engineers themselves about why they intentionally made the 35 heavy.

Or do you think you know better than nissan engineers?

>tattoos
please leave. thanks man

>“All journalists say GT-R is heavy, heavy, heavy - it should be lighter, lighter, lighter! I say, journalists need to develop a more professional level of thinking! More study! More thought! The GT-R needs to be this weight. A car with less weight does not handle. Lighter weight can be dangerous, and it will not be driveable by all customers.”

>He uses downforce as an example. “An F1 car weighs 560kg, more than 600kg with the driver,” he says. “How much downforce does an F1 car generate? Around 1300kg. So what is the total weight? 1860kg. A GT1 racing car weighs between 1200kg and 1300kg, plus downforce of 600kg, the actual weight on the car is 1800kg…”

Fucking educate yourself on some actual engineering. For a road car, there's a reason the GTR is that heavy.

You have clearly never driven something producing that much power with 600kg shaved off...on the street.

It's borderline suicidal, even for a good driver.

Furthermore, why do you think porsche 911's launch so fucking brutally? That's right, weight.

The increased weight over the rear wheels (The 35 has it's transmission in the rear) allows for a larger contact patch and thus traction to launch.

>tats

Well fucking said. Anyone who thinks less weight is always the answer is a retarded bus driver.

Having weight in the right places can actually make you faster, depending on your setup.
Then again this board is full of busriding faggots who think they're smarter than the GTR engineers, so just wait for some moron to try and defend his indefensible position.

Holy shit, bro calm down.

Just dropping some truth bombs about engineering. My work is done here.

And for the record, skyline GTR's are crazy fast when built. They're in the unique position of being light by comparison to modern cars, they can put their power down and pull big numbers.

I know people will meme they're not as light as some 900kg kit car, but it's not all about weight. Putting your power down really matters.

>muh grorious Nissan engineers

Shilling on the next level in this thread.

>Just dropping some truth bombs about engineering. My work is done here

You think you were doing that but in the end you just look like a huge autist.

He's not saying nissan engineers are the best, he's saying they're better than you bus riding faggots who cannot understand basic engineering.

A pretty accurate statement if you ask me.

>Trying this hard to cover up he BTFO you

Get the fuck out, you've never driven a powerful street car and your lack of knowledge is clearly showing.

*Shilling Intensifies*

>implying the only thing that matters is launching the car

Because I don't have 100k to drop on a car.
Just like everyone in this thread.
sage

Increased weight over the rear wheels will give you superior traction under all situations.

What, you don't like more traction?
Piss off, bus rider.

>pigfat is better

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

By your logic a fuck semi truck should be the fastest vehicle on the road. Kys yourself, Nissan shill.

Fuck off shitposter, porsche does the same fucking thing. Weight over the rear wheels.

Or is he shilling for 911's now?

Add any mid engine car in there too. Weight is not always the enemy, it's about where it's placed.

You do know the GTR is heavy only because of japanese regulations right? And even though it's heavy, the engineers turned it into a strength of the car, making it more controllable.

Fuck modern "safety features".

When did I say weight was the enemy? You idiots seem to think that you can make a car fast simply by making its ass fat.

I can't afford one, but if I did have 80k to spend I'd rather buy an Evora 400 or something.

You guys are honestly fucking stupid if you believe curb weight makes a car faster.

Noone said that. They said you get increased traction (which you do) and that driving something that weighs 1 tonne with a blown v8 making 600hp is going to be absolutely mental on the street and while it's fun to meme about it, it's also incredibly dangerous unless you're a good driver.

Anyone who says otherwise has never gotten behind the wheel of such a car. Yes, you can drive it on the street but it's fucking MENTAL and you're on edge constantly.

Now tell me why the fuck nissan engineers would intentionally make their cars borderline suicidal when they're already under regulation stress to throw all this safety equipment in, when they can make the car pretty damn fast and safe.

Is that extra 10-20% of performance worth risking their reputation and a massive lawsuit/government fines?

Do you get it now? If you want them to go back to making cars like the skyline GTR, which was quite light....take it up with bullshit government safety regulations that makes it mandatory, instead of optional.

How can we end this disgusting degeneracy?

Jesus christ dude. Read his post here I'll even repost it for you.

>He uses downforce as an example. “An F1 car weighs 560kg, more than 600kg with the driver,” he says. “How much downforce does an F1 car generate? Around 1300kg. So what is the total weight? 1860kg. A GT1 racing car weighs between 1200kg and 1300kg, plus downforce of 600kg, the actual weight on the car is 1800kg…”

THEY CANNOT GENERATE THIS MUCH DOWNFORCE TO MAKE IT SAFE ON THE STREET
GOVERNMENTS WON'T LET THEM.

So instead of putting weight on the wheels via downforce (which is better) they are forced to do it via weight distribution and kerb weight.

The engineers have a duty to their customers not to make the car a suicidal monster with no downforce, no weight and shit tons of power.

They would get fired the moment the first lawsuit rolled in.

Not enough torque.

tattoos = weakness

>it's fucking MENTAL and you're on edge constantly.

That's why you don't daily that car.

>make the car a suicidal monster with no downforce, no weight and shit tons of power.
this is what i want in a car

>So instead of putting weight on the wheels via downforce (which is better) they are forced to do it via weight distribution and kerb weight.

So it's not as good as it could be? Cool. So why won't you admit the car's shortcomings?

Nah ur retarded.
This isn't the 90's. cars have traction control nowadays
lighter=better.

Get the fuck out

No shit, so why do people complain about nissan not selling that type of car?

Even if they wanted to, they could not legally.

Yea, so make it yourself dude.

Don't expect someone else to make it for you, be a man and go make a suicidal monster yourself.

The manufacturers simply can't afford another carrera GT incident. It's good for getting more customers like us....but it turns so many normies off their brand and that's not even getting into the government regulations about MUH SAFETY.

Pretty sure everyone fucking admits it's not ideal, it could be at least 20% better if they went balls to the wall.

But they cannot, for the above reasons. Even with that said, can you fault a GTR's performance for being a 9 year old car or whatnot?

It holds it's own pretty damn well.

why? because the existence of traction control destroys your entire argument?

>Pretty sure everyone fucking admits it's not ideal

You've never met a gtr shill, have you?

I actually like them depending on the location and size. some people pull it off better than others in my opinion.

I'm talking about the people in this thread. They're making rational points about how the weight does help traction (correct) and how mental street cars are dangerous (very correct).

People don't understand what a 600hp, 1 tonne, no assists car is like until they have driven one.
600hp may not sound like a lot in this day and age, but it really is a shit ton for the street.

And you can go even crazier than that.

There's a reason nissan INTENTIONALLY made it heavy.

Carrera GT changed porsche's reputation forever.

>no assists
see

>not wanting to die in a TVR suicide rocket

Why are you even here?

Im fine with my stripped/gutted but also gutless 1.8 Miata.

I'd like to say it's a bit under 907kg. I couldn't even imagine having 200+ hp

I'd kill myself for sure, if I did.

>all these pussies

Lmao!

>I couldn't even imagine having 200+ hp

You should get yourself one of these then.
>sub 2100 lbs
>500-700 HP
that'll put some hair on your eyeballs.

>this is the only car on Forza Horizon 3 with a 999 performance rating

Does it have any records?

power to weight ratio is damn important in a race car. The thing Nissan only has above Porsche is car and tire width which increases traction. Purpose built racers wouldn't have been built the way they were if not for engineers finding better solutions.

i used to drive a 4 banger like you then i bought a supercharged v8 and couldn't go back

who is that semen demon?

how bout a twin tarbo version?

carthrottle.com/post/this-twin-turbo-ultima-gtr-is-a-1700bhp-ride-from-hell/

then why does dodge insist on making the viper so pigfat even with all its aero?

It previously held the record for fastest 0-100 mph or something in a street-legal car. it has also been said that some people were getting under 7 minute nurburgring times with them but there were no official attempts and probably for good reason. That Porsche Group C car that did a 6:12 or something that was an example of a special run under the right circumstances with the right driver who went balls deep in. since there aren't many drivers who would want to attempt runs like that we probably won't see many time attack runs with the Ultima or any car like it. best i saw was a run on the top gear test track.
youtube.com/watch?v=CKX2KZruc3E

Ultima claims to have some 0-160-0 world records that have received no publicity and also claim to have driven around Dunsfold Aerodrome faster than fucking everything except Top Gear didn't bother filming it.

Kinda weird considering Ultima SEEMS like a great showcase of brit engineering. On paper, it should be a great car but why is it you don't hear about it more often?

I need the answer for research purposes.

funny you didn't post the front on view because it looks like fucking dog shit

I like it from all angles but to each his own.

It's not THE prettiest side of it, but it's not bad at all!

>I need pigfat to keep me from killing myself

pic related

and he wanted it to be easy to drive on snow and ice
so a bit of static mass helps there also

>stole the cockpit from a cessna

shit looks retarded famalams

not everyone is mike hawthorn
even f1 puts a ban on having too much down force

>not to make the car a suicidal monster with no downforce, no weight and shit tons of power.
Sound like a bunch of faggots desu

Also,
koenigsegg.com/one1/
>fully road legal and usable
>Total Downforce at 260km/h: 610kg at 440km/h: 830kg

Sounds like everyone else just needs to GIT GUD

>peep peep
down force and pig fat is for sissies
>so is having more than two wheels lol

Alphonse!
What's it like being a tripfag meme these days?

That's literally a manufactured reason for the weight of the R35. Nissan engineers along with all other automotive engineers know that less weight is better for performance period all else being equal.

I feel like the reason why people get suckered by this bullshit is because they've never even taken a basic class on this. The extra weight of the car cannot enhance the dynamics of the car. The maximum g load that a tire can provide will actually decrease with additional weight: stevemunden.com/friction.html

The reason why the car is heavy as fuck is because:

1. You need to make the car a certain size because otherwise nothing will fit in the car and you will have shitty weight distribution/moment of inertia.

2. Nissan doesn't want to go to aluminum or carbon fiber so the frame is steel.

3. To improve handling you need a certain level of frame rigidity or else the entire car will act like a spring when it goes over bumps which can cause unpredictable behavior if it happens mid-corner.

4. They don't want to have a car with such a high power to weight ratio with such little downforce that the car is almost entirely about how well you can feather the throttle.

Actual automotive engineers would cringe at the explanation Nissan gave because it's nowhere near complete.

If they were serious about improving the R35's performance they would replace all of the body panels with carbon fiber, ship carbon ceramic brakes, unfuck the suspension, fix the front lift effect of the design, update the aging VR38DETT to add direct injection and exhaust-side VVT, update the turbos, and a whole laundry list of other shit instead of doing nothing and charging more for it.

Is that an R32?

>If they were serious about improving the R35's performance
lip stick on a pig
all they would be doing is to drive up the cost

>making the suspension actually tuned well instead of understeering soft bullshit
>dropping hundreds of pounds
>improving aerodynamics
>updating the engine for better response and efficiency

I forgot that none of that matters, guess we can fire the engineering team.

you should be surprised the r35 even exists in the first place
youtube.com/watch?v=z0LzVoLiVCw

gtr is only 170kg heavier than the z06 while being awd, seating four, and not being a cheap plastic piece of poop
and people call the gtr pigfat... lmao

I've seen that video. What it's actually about is the importance of weight distribution and ATTESA. Ideally you want the weight to be at the center of the vehicle as low to the ground as possible with even weight distribution to all 4 wheels. This allows for the least inertia so the car will turn with less tire force and will respond faster.

The R35 is very much what the R34 was going to be before Nissan went bankrupt. It's not a surprise they made it.

people don't want a mid engined four wheel drive corvette ?

its just that I feel some people are missing the point and only think of ideal conditions

I'm making the point that the weight is not there just because it makes it better. They got to a certain weight just trying to make the car work as a package and then tuned power to suit.

If the car could be much lighter it's guaranteed they would've used a smaller engine and less power so it could be controllable yet faster.

I guarantee you that when we sit down to do a design review of a car no one is going to say that the car needs to be heavier. Ever. The engine may be too much power for the car but the solution is never to add weight.

But I do.

It is

>no one is going to say that the car needs to be heavier. Ever
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFcanpNarEg#t=3m45s
youtube.com/watch?v=OmM-1T0RYBk

the ways around this are a cluster fuck
youtube.com/watch?v=i9VWbxXwm1g#t=1m15s

>Lotus 79b
uses a naturally aspirated v8
.eg has large amount of room for ground effect channels in the floor pan

>Ferrari 015
flat 12 in the way

>Renault RS01
turbo and inter cooler in the way

there is no room to do any of this to the r35

>automatic
RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It has 580 horsepower in a car that weighs 1000 pounds. To equal the power to weight ratio of the R35 it would have to have 150 horsepower.

It's Top Gear. They aren't engineers. They are just making the point that a downforce car is very difficult to drive if you aren't familiar with how they work.

How is maintenance? I've heard that parts are getting rare.

>150ms shifts
feels comfy

>How is maintenance? I've heard that parts are getting rare.
It's easy, but I'm still in Japan. OEM parts are rare, but I don't really understand the obsession with having factory stock GT-Rs in the States. They're not awful stock but they're much, much better modified.

The whole interest in stock cars in the US is that most people have no idea to how to mod cars and make the car worse as a result. Even in Japan people love using turbo timers and other dumb things like that.

>very difficult to drive if you aren't familiar with how they work.
they have shit mechanical grip
.ie wait around and treat the throttle and steering like a sponge

Being this cute should not be legal

Brits have known and made stripped out track toys for decades (Radical, Lotus 7 and all the iterations of it). They know it's not worth boasting about because the reality of their limitations are embarrassing when put into proper context, something Hennessy ignores.

Buying them stock I understand, that's what I did. But I don't understand keeping them stock and spending ridiculous amounts of money to make them that way.

I use an EBC (HKS EVC-S) but it's been setup by JUN, when they put all my other shit in.