Cars that don't look their price

I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_993#Turbo_S
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_993
classicdriver.com/en/article/cars/are-prices-air-cooled-porsche-911-turbo-finally-shooting
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/scarborough/cars-vans-utes/toyota-corolla-ae82-1987/1125155547
driving.co.uk/car-reviews/the-clarkson-review-toyota-land-cruiser-2014/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looks $3k. Sells for $9k.

Checks out.

$90,000.00

the guy who owns this isnt necessarily selling it but he said that for 500k it can be yours today.

Looks like a shitbox to normies, is actually a homologation special which will go for half a million dollareydoos

You can buy one for under $40k, but it still looks like a current model that costs $200k.

Why is it worth that much? I don't know much about Porsches.

Porsches are "I kno wat I got" of cars.

tfw some normie bumps you in their 6th gen corolla

It's the highest trim version of the last gen of air cooled 911s.

Basically the holy grail of "regular" Porsches.

I assume the low mileage and a limited production run
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_993#Turbo_S

Is the 993 GT2 not a regular Porsche?

"the 993 was and forever will be that last fresh breath of air that Porsche gave the world; elegance and muscle all in one package"

It was the last of the air cooled Porsche ever built

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_993

classicdriver.com/en/article/cars/are-prices-air-cooled-porsche-911-turbo-finally-shooting

realistically its worth $300-$400k I think. Im not sure what the exact prices they are fetching for atm.

technically no, the 993 GT2 is more track oriented

same for the Lancia Delta S4. it loosk like an odd 80s hatchback, but its actually a 500hp+ 4wd death machine designed primarily to kill its own passengers going 90mph sideways into a tree (then exploding of course).

/THREAD

I wonder how this would keep up with a Focus RS using modern tires

It was ludicrously fast for it's time, just a touch over 4 seconds to 60 I think

Has been in a crash, list of mods that won't fit on one page (quality of fitment unknown), engine rebuilt twice, approaching 200k miles, countless rattles and creaks

You think it would go for about 5k, but in actuality, it goes for 20k. At least, every WRX owner seems to think so.

It's only worth 5k at best. It's probably worth less than it looks.

like some rice master went nuts on a fiat ronda

Is that due to performance or a certain anime?

kys autismo.

That doesn't look like a shitbox at all, check your privilege fucking white male

you don't know shit about the Fiat group
>fucking casual

Any Cummins diesel of this generation.

Ragged out, modded with a shitty chip and bolt ons, 200k+ miles, and people still want $15K-$20k.

both

Over here in wuscansin WRX are around 5-10k for a decent one, Evos are 15-30k

It has a solid axle and can barely put 100HP down at the wheels. It has no performance.

Anime and reputation, you can buy an AW11 MR2 16V or an AE82 16V for a fraction of an 86's price.

This has always bugged me. They look like $40,000 USD at most. Why so expensive?
The Land Cruiser used to be cheap.

pretty sure that's the RS200's job, but mostly spot on

The only blob eye you're gonna see at 20k is a heavily modified wrx or a Sti that's got low mileage.

Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
$45,000

Pic related, another homologation special. Creeping up to 300K EUR now - for a 190E!

>Cars that don't look their price
Maybe the older ones but the 2017 models seriously look like a sporty civic with Corvette tail lights.

maybe in us.
My dad drives a kitted out land cruiser that's almost brand new. Got it for 30k.

Landcruiser is STEALTH WEALTH car

These cost £2,000 and plebs will think you're rich

.t hairdresser

\thread

Sells for 15k+€

Don't buy a used TT first generation. Unless you want to wrench alot yourself

Goes around 10K in Aus, don't get me wrong, they're beautiful cars, but they're not 10K plus beautiful.

The V8 is way more expensive than the other ones.

I remember they made two versions of those, the difference being the lenght of the rear quarter window.
IIRC the ones worth a lot are the ones with the short window, while the others are worth shit or used to make scam replicas for those who don't know better

>tfw spain
>they're all 10k and upwards
>mostly 15k
I had a regular 2-liter rwd one and it was fun... kinda. A rwd cosworth mut be such a blast... hell even the 4wd is 30%front 70%rear

at least the regular ones can be obtained for 1-2k, which is cool for a rwd beater that gulps like a blackhole.

Arnt the heads water cooled?

Try more like 2k.

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/scarborough/cars-vans-utes/toyota-corolla-ae82-1987/1125155547

Bought mine for $950, as well.

>gumtree.com.au/s-ad/scarborough/cars-vans-utes/toyota-corolla-ae82-1987/1125155547

Sorry I meant AE86's, yes AE82's are the cheaper alternative for an 80's 4A-GE Toyota.

25k for an 87hp Opel Adam with leather seats and a bodykit?

Or maybe you would like an Opel Mokka diesel with leather seats and a bodykit for 40k?

If that's not expensive enough, you can also get an Opel Insignia 2.8 Turbo with a bodykit for 70k.

Price skyrocketed because of "muh super fast Hachi Roku"

They are indeed fun to drive but they aren't that 10k+ worth

>yfw 100k for a bike

Oh, right. Woops, my mistake, can't read.

The sad part is that it's the shitters, usually trashed Aussie delivered models going for $10k. Thrashed Jap models are going for $15,000 and good genuine Truenos are nearing $20k. You know it's getting outrageous when someone posts a WTB ad willing to pay $25,000 (!!!!!) for a good Trueno. I was lucky to get mine for what I paid.

Like, cunt, you could just about import an R33 GT-R for that price, straight from the JDM motherland.

a normal B32 goes for over 65k, the camper will be even more expensive and still looks just like a 1.6 diesel campervan for 15k

20k for a 13 year old Smart without doors or windscreen

It looks like a piece of shit DESU, a name badge doesn't save it.

that's not the point of this thread though. Also, I'd gladly drive a Porsche campervan.

On topic:
Supercar with Polo/Caddy taillights, great!

Supercars using common car parts is hardly a rare thing. The Lotus Esprit V8 has the same taillights as an AE86 Corolla, the McLaren F1 has Renault (I think) side view mirrors, the Saleen S7 uses the same taillights as a commuter bus.

true, but in case of the Zender it looks quite cheap I think.

Another example: Invicta S1 with sideways Passat taillights

Because the LC that is available for sale in the US is already the top-trim and Toyota is only selling that over there.

>4.0L EXR - Least expensive spec.
>4.0L GXR
>4.6L EXR
>4.6L GXR
>4.6L VXR
>5.7L EXR
>5.7L GXR
>5.7L VXR - This is the only spec you Americans get.

The least expensive LC, if it was sold in the US would've be under $45k or even for less.

35k € for this POS

A Toyota iQ with an Aston Martin badge

35k + another normal Aston Martin

'Cause they won't sell you a cygnet if you are not an AM owner yet.

Can't risk having lowlifes and poorfags roaming around with an AM badge because they can afford to lease it for 20 years

they do this for product line mileage requirements ?

Fuck i love that car, I remember Jeremy saying how the 190E Cosworth would become a clasic, Wonder how much are they currently

As mentioned in , an Evo 2 is creeping up to 300K right now. Regular Cossies are all over the place - I think I saw a shoddy 2.3 16v for about 5K in BaT a few weeks ago.

Precisely.

350z's look like they cost double than what they do.

MRS's look about their price range.

MRS's are stil shit.

This gets me a lot around where I live cause I've never once seen a Ferrari or Lamborghini on the road cause most people aren't rich. However, I occasionally see these and wonder if the guy is rich or just got it for super cheap

because rednecks are bad with their money and a cummins engine truck is practically a buggati for them

Live in the south, this can be said for almost any diesel truck. I've seen them with 300k and they'll want 20k and be like "if you know diesels you'll know this is not even broken in yet". Bull fucking shit.

holy shit that is hilarious

>Saleen S7 uses the same taillights as a commuter bus.

Because those lights are a generic Hella-produced item. Zonda has them too. As Does the Diablo. As does farm equipment.

Are you Mexican or Black? Arab maybe?

Your car is laughably horrible looking btw senpai

For a company that specializes in making beautiful cars, they somehow made a toyota even uglier than it started out.

Yeah, looks like $25k max
But you pay out an extra $10k for insane performance right off the lot, no mods needed

but they do, if it was still the 1980s

>Ferrari GTFO

It's a 30 million dollar meme tax.

if they are taken care of then its not really.There are many 500K+ mile trucks.Problem is ost arent taken care of and get beat on by 20 year old faggots that roll coal,dip skoal,and work at autozone who they think they are mechanics.

>sporty
>civic
pick one

Basically every performance shitbox from the '80s

It has a built-in in vacuum cleaner. I say it's under-priced. Stfu

Type R. Si. Insanely sporty.

Pop-ups increase value of car significantly.

WHY

lots of people put them into trees and poles in the 80s and 90s

That should have been left stock. You think you know better than the best engineers working for the luxury division of the world's best automaker who had been working on that car since 1986 to make it perfect for you?

implying it was modified that way for objective benefits..

Wait, what is it?

in canada we only get the lexus lx.

They have cheaper options and appenrently they arent great.
Yes I know Jeremy Clarkson is the worse car reviewer on earth.
driving.co.uk/car-reviews/the-clarkson-review-toyota-land-cruiser-2014/

>someone spending Jee Tee Aru money on a 100hp shitbox
Why do people do this