Fucking FRAM filter

SHIT

Other urls found in this thread:

kingfisherkustoms.co.uk/buggies-to-order/
youtube.com/watch?v=XRRgw4B7R-I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What filters does Veeky Forums buy?

Lol. Funny you noticed. Hammonds was pretty fucking cool if I do say. I'm sick of all the BS though like I'm supposed to believe they slept under their engines for heat and Hammond drives over a hill and dies drama. Just have fun and bants that's all we need. None of this scripted garbage. Just tell them go have fun and I'll watch and be happy.

Some korean oil filter named rabbit

I keep seeing FRAMs fitted on proper high end stuff by people who should know better
What the fuck is that about? Is there a good Fram and a bad Fram?

>Is there a good Fram and a bad Fram
I guess so

Like a lot of other things

Purflux.
MANN if no purflux available.

Hengst

The stuff that FRAM makes for Ferrari is pretty top notch. If you ever go to a supercar meet or show, pretty much every Ferrari will have a FRAM filter fitted.

Benz certified Benz replacement drop in filter with replacement O-rings.

What exactly was wrong with FRAM filters?

They aren't ryco

Yeah it sucks that everything is scripted

Bosch or nothing

they would come apart from the inside and let oil go through unfiltered and it has destroyed engines.

They seem to have fixed it though too much too late

i stick a roll of single ply institutional toilet paper in the can and reuse the old oring

When Hammond disappeared clarkson sounded actually worried. He speaks on the radio to the team that they lost him

kingfisherkustoms.co.uk/buggies-to-order/

They build the buggies, tell them your opinion

Even the cheapest worst pos made in china filter you can buy isn't as bad as a FRAM

youtube.com/watch?v=XRRgw4B7R-I

Wix or Purolator

Only the best for my weebbox

Man I really wish all filters had that grippy shit on them like FRAM filters. It makes it so much easier to take off tight filters when your hand/glove is all oily. They must have a patent on that shit though because I've never seen another brand do it.

I've seen that stuff flake off and fall into the filter, I'll just use a filter wrench.

Mann or Wix

been using fram filters and the cheapest oil in my cars since the 90s. my dads been doing the same for over 40 years. probably a million miles between the two of us, never one issue.

been beating the snot out of my dsm up to 50psi boost using cheapest oil and fram filter, no issues at all.

one could even argue that you dont need a oil filter at all.

For GM I use AC Delco
For Ford I use Motorcraft
For Dodge I use Mopar.

Otherwise it's Fram or nothing.

Yes that's exactly what I had in mind

what is this

choo choo chimney

The air filter's son, which you aren't going to talk to ever again.

please what the fuck is it? i see it on a lot of cars

You got your answer. No go back to your usual board please

But it's not the air filter or a choo choo chimney

fuck off

Valve cover breather.

thanks

>one could even argue that you dont need a oil filter at all.

Some sources please

>one could even argue that you don't need a oil filter at all.

Stop running one and use an oil cooler bypass plate where your filter used to sit. Plumb the pressure and return lines together with fitting. Now you just saved many oil changes.

Oil filters aren't critical so long as they work. Engines are crude, all of them.

You should cut open some used filters and spread the pleats to see what they accumulated.

when they get clogged there is a bypass.

Donaldson. Only the best

I miss the hack mods from old top gear, now they just say they built them but they don't even try to hide the fact that they didn't.

So your logic is that because there is a safety bypass that opens once the sludge in the lube oil has compromised the filter, you shouldn't run a filter to catch this sludge and instead just pass the sludge that is larger in diameter than the oil galleries and bearing clearances around the block?

You're a mongoloid.

Do you also believe that you shouldn't run a radiator cap as there is a bypass valve?

no one said you shouldn't run one.

you could drive your car without one [bypassed] just like you can drive your car without an air filter or fuel filter or cat converter.

>Do you also believe that you shouldn't run a radiator cap as there is a bypass valve?

There's a bypass valve for the radiator cap? That doesn't make much sense user.

The post you quoted shows another post saying it's questionable to run a filter at all and would like sources to which your source is that they have a bypass valve.

You could also drive your car with your dick in a vice. About as smart as ingesting fluids and combustion air without filter media.

Of course a radiator cap has a bypass valve. What do you think happens when the jacket water pressure is equal to the radiator cap spring preload? Does the valve bypass jacket water to the recovery bottle or do the fairies magic away to the expelled coolant dimension?

the coolant overflow system is integral to the coolant system functioning properly. the oil filter, just like the other filters listed above are not.

>You could also drive your car with your dick in a vice. About as smart as ingesting fluids and combustion air without filter media.
*crickets*

Nonsense. You can operate the loop at atmospheric pressure though it will be compromised.

Just as you could run the lubricating system unfiltered, though compromised.

Just as you could operate the fuel pump, injectors and regulator with unfiltered fuel, though compromised.

Seeing as the hydrodynamic film between white metal bearing surfaces can be down to ten micron, it should be pretty obvious that anything larger than ten micron either displaces the film or blocks the gallery to that bearing set.

There's enough sludge hanging on the oil pickup strainer on any engine with two or three hundred hours to spin a main if the particulates are pumped through the galleries.

Why don't you bypass your oil filter and keep a record (or set one) of how much an in frame cost you?

ok, so we agree it could be done.

Sure, as long as we agree that it causes you to rebuild the engine in short order.

You know what else can be done? Crushing your dick in a vice. Another great idea that can only bring benefits.

Are you on disability benefits? Is that what pays for you thinking an oil filter is optional? Fuck me sideways, stick to Forza and lego sets.

>Honda switched over to A02
>It's from FRAM

FUCK.

>Sure, as long as we agree that it causes you to rebuild the engine in short order.

Some sources please

Whatevers cheapest on my shitbox, OEM on my bike and nice things.

Are you serious? One, spend thirty seconds in your favourite search engine or car owners manual and find out why you need a filter to prevent short and long term damage and two; are you such a simpleton that you need to be spoon fed information to process the idea that if a gap between moving bearings lubricated by oil has the gap filled with solid particulates like sand and fine metal shavings equal or greater to the clearance, damage will occur?

Turn your brain on.

Clarkson's buggy in the recent Namibia Special. It had a 3.5L rover V8.

>buying anything but Wix

>car owners manual

if i listened to what the owners manual told me, i wouldn't be making 4x the power over stock in my car.

bottom line is people itt are bitching over a brand of a filter when it doesn't matter at all.

Did Hammond make it across?

>run engine without oil filter
>all that sludge, gunk and foreign objects such as metal filings that would normally be caught by the filter are now being sucked into the oil pump and sent around the whole engine, where they are free to gum up and block all those very small but very important little holes that allow oil to flow through and lubricate the cam shaft, crank shaft, piston heads and numerous important bearings.

>For GM I use AC Delco
>For Ford I use Motorcraft
>For Dodge I use Mopar.

>Otherwise it's Wix or nothing.

ftfy

Gosh, how do 2 stroke engines survive?

By having far less moving parts and constantly getting new oil from the fuel.

Though here's a quick one for you that blind Freddy could have found.

Caterpillar SEBU9208 - Caterpillar Filters Recommendations (2013).

Inside this document you may find;

>Do not fill new lubricating oil filters with used contaminated oil from the last filter. Engine damage on startup may occur
>Do not touch the filter element for cartridge filters. Do not touch the top of spin-on filters. Engine damage on startup may occur
>Bypass is designed into the filter bases so that engines and machine compartments are not starved of lubricants. Lubrication starvation can cause catastrophic failures of engines or machine components. The damage done instantly by limited flow of dirty fluids may outweigh the catastrophic failure of lubricant starvation

There is a lot of concern through the document and through Cat themselves about the instant damage at startup caused by circulation of old oil.

Good old Veeky Forums though,

>Don't need it, just bypass it!

If you are making four times factory output and trust in cellulose reinforced by cardboard under pressure and at somewhat high fluid flow, maybe you should have stuck to reading the owners manual.

Larger tolerances between bearings, and the fact that the oil is not recirculated. Does anyone here have a clue?

The lubricant is added from the bottle to the fuel service tank. It can be contaminated during the fill or by contaminants in the tank. A four cycle engine's lubricating oil is circulated through the engine and will be contaminated by sulphuric deposits, metal shavings from the normal operation of interference parts, moisture, carbon black. sludge and raw fuel from bore wash down. If the engine uses PCV then it is also likely to be contaminated by dirt drawn through failed or ageing gaskets/

Only 4strokes get metal shavings and ingest sand.

Bosch or K&N

Only four strokes pump the oil that is now filled with metal shavings and sand around the engine and depending on the user, does so without filtration.

Two cycles collect debris in the crankcase, as it's not being pumped around the engine and rapidly falls out of suspension with the fuel-oil mixture.

Ten points taken from Gryffindor. Surely someone has looked at an engine before.

>If you are making four times factory output and trust in cellulose reinforced by cardboard under pressure and at somewhat high fluid flow, maybe you should have stuck to reading the owners manual.
the fluid flow is different from stock? the engine hasn't had one issue since i built it 6 years ago, i need nothing from the owners manual.

i blocked off the oil cooler too, come at me.

Bread on engine and pic of car with bread on hood.

I have no face.

Is the fluid flow different from stock? Who here would know, you built the cunt.

But if you're smart enough to build an engine of high power, you should be smart enough to know that with the increase in IMEP there is a proportional increase in load on the bearing shell of the mains. As this load increases the clearance decreases from the fluid film being displaced. As the clearance decreases, this means that now smaller particulates will cause catastrophic failure where previously they would not. If the clearance was ten micron it sure as fuck isn't when you've got 22+Bar above the crown which is almost certain if you are talking four times the level the engine was rated at.

If your build required you to bypass the cooler, that's cool beans.

They kind of don't. 2-stroke engines don't last nearly as long as 4-stroke engines because 4-strokes have much better lubrication. 2-stroke engines are smaller and contain far fewer moving parts, but most of them will wear down eventually and will need a rebuild.

>Is the fluid flow different from stock?
nope.

>If your build required you to bypass the cooler, that's cool beans.
it didn't, i chose not to and it hasn't been needed.

spoon feeding fag

>Is the fluid flow different from stock?
nope.

Cool.

>If your build required you to bypass the cooler, that's cool beans.
it didn't, i chose not to and it hasn't been needed.

It didn't need a bypass, so you chose not to bypass it, but it hasn't been needed since it was bypassed?

Cool.

Napa Gold/wix

Crank breatherino

>so you chose not to bypass it
it's 'permanently' bypassed.

>Lol. Funny you noticed. Hammonds was pretty fucking cool if I do say. I'm sick of all the BS though like I'm supposed to believe they slept under their engines for heat and Hammond drives over a hill and dies drama.
Just like those totally unscripted and fake drama scenes Clarkson woke up in a raised sleeping tent and May died when he drove off a cliff while being chased by Romanian police? Take off you rose tinted glasses you dumb fuck.

>Swap in a V8
>it's a pathetic britshit V8 with 170 horsepower

Wix or Wix XP, I'd wait until one was available to change my oil if I couldn't get one.

WIX

no toliet filters?

wix and fram are made in the same factory.

>wix and fram are made in the same factory.
Fram filters are fine now. It was only way back when they had filters assembled in china did corruption cause filters to be mismade. Fram also suffered from chinese counterfeits who even reprint the orange box in order to get the counterfeits into the the USA distribution system. It all part of the problem from when Clinton granted China the Most Favored Nation trading status in the 1990's. That huge trade caused china to jump way up in prosperity. Just think about what could have been if only all that trade was sourced elsewhere.

OEM.

Crank breather above the head? What you smokin?

170hp from 3.5l you can smell the Buick design department's shit all over it.

Well....yes. That's generally where the crankcase breather is located.

FL-1A here

PCV on some cars comes out of the valve cover. Pretty much the same thing.

Try that on a turbo car, see how much the bearings in the turbo like that.

>There's a bypass valve for the radiator cap? That doesn't make much sense user.
Do you even know how cars work user?

you didn't know what it was either

You seriously don't know the guy with the monster DSM? I thought newfags were a myth.

Garbage ass F-150, or garbage ass fox body?

>Do you seriously not know about an anonymous dickhead with a shitbox turned up too far that thinks engines don't need oil filters and doesn't know how a radiator cap works?

No, I don't know the guy.

did someone do this in real life?