>surprisingly comfy on the road
>rally derived anti lag system
>capable of being 2WD/4WD/AWD
>500 lbs lighter than its predecessor
>fuel economy improved by 36% over last gen
>objectively the best production desert runner ever
>5% reduction in aerodynamic drag over the last gen
>all new 10 speed transmission with magnesium paddle shifters
>placed 3rd in the baja 1000 with only a roll cage and auxiliary light modifications
>high strength steel frame has additional welds and fortified shock mounts to endure more abuse

The line has been drawn.

Why don't you own a Raptor Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4w-HOiQo5OA
tfltruck.com/2016/12/43297/
autotrader.com/car-news/used-ford-raptors-are-still-really-expensive-256129
youtube.com/watch?v=8tEqwXrqzH4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like only taking up 1 parking spot.

op is a fag

I don't need a truck

If I could, I would, user.

It just isn't practical for me.

I feel like EcoBoost is just extracting more power from the engine and giving it more strain. I can only imagine it blowing up at a rough use.

I don't have to compensate.

6000 POUNDS
3 TONS
FATTER THAN YOUR WIFES SON

>Why don't you own a Raptor Veeky Forums?

because i'm poor

lmao can't even outjump a Honda dirtbike

youtube.com/watch?v=4w-HOiQo5OA

5700 actually . the last one weighed 6200 lbs

HOLY SHIT HOW DO YOU MAKE AN ALUMINIUM GARBAGE CAN SO FUCKING FAT lmao

>turbocharging is just extracting more power from the engine
!!!!!!!!!!!

Because it's an obsolete "look at me" truck for hillbillies.

I would just get a mustang.

>FWD

Juicified health

It was a sick jump, but, what did they expect? Real life aint movies or video games....

Because I live in the city

I am not right? But actually it is right? Like when you strap a turbo to an engine, you get out more power???

godmachine

It drives like shit on the road, terrible resale value, shitty software for the stereo, cheap materials on the interior. I'd rather supercharge the 5.7 in a Tundra if I want a stupid fast truck.

Are you fucking retarded? In a nutshell forced induction does give it more power, however a production car turboed from the factory will have been built to he turbocharged and the internals will be made to last hundreds of thousands of miles. It's not like you're throwing 50 psi at a stock F20C.

>drives like shit on the road, terrible resale value
It's actually the most comfortable truck you can buy due to the FOX shocks. Resale speaks for it self. It's Tacoma meme tier.

It's a heavily reinforced version of the Ecomeme. Ford is pretty good about giving their performance trims god tier internals.

Excluding Mustang GT cucks of course KEK.

It actually drives extremely well.

FIVE THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED UNITED STATES CUSTOMARY POUNDS

It's almost like it's a large vehicle with a beefy frame and drivetrain.

blast from the past

Is the truck ok?

No.

Does the anti-lag system kill your warranty? Because that's extremely unhealthy for a turbo.

>god tier internals

I wish, my ST has a cast crank and pistons. Conrods are forged but skinny af.

Why would it kill your warranty? And no isn't unhealthy for the turbo.

>the best gm can do is make a nu-male tier 181 hp """"truck""""
kek, gm btfo

>it's an American truck

>Large vehicle

4u

I'll bite

>Mid vs Full size truck comparison
>Caring about HP instead of torque in off roading

Tasty memes. Do you have any more?

except the raptor has more torque too

the ZR2 is shit

tfltruck.com/2016/12/43297/

Because an 85 k10 will still outwheel it.

>2014 raptor
must suck to have autism

Buttblasted raptor owner detected.

I never said otherwise.

But it also has an extra turbo, more displacement, and a lot more weight. So you can enjoy bogging in and digging even faster with those useless 450 horses.

does it really have antilag or is it just some ford meme shit? Cuz I cant see having antilag on a daily as practical

probably something similar to what the evo had in the 90s

I dont know senpai
I prefer to buy something and use a wrench to make it off road capable vs just buying something off the shelf

>Resale speaks for itself

All the Ecoboosts fall like rocks. Last gen raptor had a bespoke V8.

>my ST
Who fucking cares? We're talking about performance vehicles not shitboxes.

stay btfo

>i don't know what i'm talking about
the post

yes, it does have anti lag

but it only activates in baja mode

indeed

Anti lag destroys turbo's and is extremely hard on the engine, which is why rally cars need engine rebuilds after a few stages. The engine is firing the spark with the exhaust valve open and that shockwave is raping the turbine blades.

My guess is it's a throttle blip function that blips the throttle a bit before a gear change.

>my guess
into the trash it goes

Because I own a 2013 Ram 2500 Turbo Diesel?

Hehe but thanks for changing my opinion. So you are telling it's more reliable from a factory than getting it turboed from a tuner shop.

He's wrong btw.turbos are inherently more unreliable than their n/a counterpart.
Just cause they built it for forced induction doesn't mean it'll last. Look at vw, volvo, ford, bmw

inb4 muh cast iron Volvo @ 2 psi lasting forever.

this

>capable of being 2WD/4WD/AWD

Having a normal transfer case is a major selling feature now?

>which is why rally cars need engine rebuilds after a few stages
Do you actually believe what you type?

Please, educate me on how an overweight truck with a gasoline engine that has excess horsepower is better than an understressed diesel on a lighter body with accesible torque and smoother delivery.

Raptor is the only truck I like.
Other than hilux.

Hilux is all the practicality and reliability you need without any of the compensation for the small dicks truck owners have.

Raptor is all the performance and agressive looks a performance truck should have.

>placed 3rd in the baja 1000 with only a roll cage and auxiliary light modifications
Bullshit.

What the shill means it competed in the 5 in total full stock class, and lost to an ancient H1 driven by Rob Hall and a land cruiser driven by privateers by a landslide and finished the event with 52 seconds to spare.

The baja 1000 goes for 36 hours. The ford finished at the 35:59:08 mark. Both the H1 and the land cruiser finished at the 32 hour mark.

So yeah, it's bull. Ford is known to make a mountain of every anthill. Kind of like that time when they started turbocharging engines and called it "eco"boost.

>buyers remorse

And yet they can still accomplish something many times over that GM can't manage once. Really makes you think.

anyone who understands turbochargers realizes why they call it "eco". What they haven't bothered to explain to people is how much energy is actually lost by the engine as heat, because saying "Our engines were only 45% efficient before ecoboost" gives a bad impression. Now they can simply explain the "eco" portion by describing a turbocharger as a waste heat recycler (which it is).

>No one mentions GM
>Muh GM sucks

whine some more.

>>objectively the best production desert runner ever
tfw I live in MI. How's it do in the mud?.....

You're better off with a Power Wagon.

Raptors are for Sanic thru desert
PWs are for really rough terrain at slow speed. Hence the winch.

Except they were originally going to call it TwinForce or some shit like that and then the whole "green" movement happened and Ford saw an opportunity to score some points without really doing anything they weren't already going to do.

>>rally derived anti lag system
That's probably not a good thing for turbo longevity.
>>capable of being 2WD/4WD/AWD
Don't all trucks do this nowadays?
>>subjectively the best production desert runner ever
Ftfy.
>>>fuel economy improved by 36% over last gen
% reduction in aerodynamic drag over the last gen
Who cares about these two in a performance truck?
>>all new 10 speed transmission with magnesium paddle shifters
Magnesium, wow. So you're saving 50 grams of weight ona 2 ton truck, just to make it more expensive.
>>placed 3rd in the baja 1000 with only a roll cage and auxiliary light modifications
Third place in your class isn't good when it's a class of five, two trucks DNF'd and you are 52 seconds away from timing out of the event.

Because they're starting at 90K EUR here. For 60K, you get a loaded V8 model.

They're only great at desert or smooth(ish) hard/dusty locations.. Try taking one of those through mud or on serious offroad trails over rocks and crap.. probably not gonna do what I want of it

>terrible resale value
autotrader.com/car-news/used-ford-raptors-are-still-really-expensive-256129

>20% depreciation in 6 years
That's extremely good.

Don't these raptors snap like a twig if they land wrong even once?

Doesn't any vehicle do that?

>desert runner
>Forced induction

How would you like you oil/water temperatures f a m?

Jesus the ford shills are stupid.

Do you relize how stupid you are?

moron

i'm poor

bump

>6 terrain modes
Means nothing.

>all new 3.0 inch Fox Racing Shox
Means nothing.

>surprisingly comfy on the road
Suspension designed for high speed offroad use is generally pretty comfy on the road. Combine it with comfy seats and it's hard to fuck up.

>objectively the best production desert runner ever
This sentence seems great until you consider how limiting and how pointless the "production" limitation is.

>5% reduction in aerodynamic drag over the last gen
Means nothing.

>magnesium paddle shifters
Why does the material matter? Magnesium is fairly light for metal but it's most noteworthy attribute is being highly flammable and exploding if you try to put out the fire incorrectly. The drop in weight just from paddle shifter material is never going to be enough to matter.

so you admit gm can't compete?

This is a field where no manufacturer can compete with purpose built vehicles. Not Ford, not GM, not Toyota, not Nissan. No one.

>likes the Ridgeline

btfo

same with race cars

if it wasn't for traction/stability control there would be no supercar market because road tires are only SO good

>turbos
>on a vehicle meant to be beaten off road in shitty climates and bad conditions overall
no ty

god damn toyota makes some good tanks

actually turbos are better for offroad conditions because you can take them to high altitudes and they can still make the same power.

n/a can only make as much power as they can pull from the surround atmospheric pressure

if you're up high enough for there to be a considerable decrease of power in an na engine turbo spool will also be slower,turbos have to do more work as well so oil temps will go up

Because they only sell the thai ford hilux here in my market

Although to be honest the raptors gas consumption is something i cant afford

it looks like my wifes sons hotwheels toy

literally no.. the turbo will work exactly the same. it's efficiency will be lower. but it will spool the same, make the same boost, etc.

even 5k ft is enough to see significant power loss with n/a

>but it will spool the same
No. Go watch Diesel Power Challenge's dyno day. Those guys are running compound turbo's and nitrous (on diesels!) just to get rid of the extra lag caused by the high altitude where they're testing.

Sure, altitude hurts n/a cars, but it also hurts turbo cars. Anything ICE for that matter.

ITT

>Ford shill: Look at this truck! It's perfection!
>Non shills: But there is a problem here
>Ford shill: Nuh uh can't hea you, you is stupid you don't know what you are saying!

It is a glorified mall crawler and you know it.

There isn't a problem with the truck though. Everyone itt is just posting flaws of the last gen raptor. Nobody has actually found a problem with the second gen raptor.

Can't afford one

youtube.com/watch?v=8tEqwXrqzH4

t. Ford
oh nvm I just read that it has magnesium paddle shifters I guess my dream car is now a pickup