Don't drive on NYE

Daily reminder not to drive on New Years Eve. Not even if you are sober

New Years is the 2nd most deadly day for crashes in the US.

Or some drunk will just fuck up your car and you will have to live to see it totaled

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hZL6OKwQGew
youtube.com/watch?v=sCEzEVJkO1U
youtube.com/watch?v=Zg8Iec-uG_c
youtube.com/watch?v=3iUluPQil-w
youtube.com/watch?v=PajolF-m2ww
youtube.com/watch?v=7Mi-se6_59Y
youtube.com/watch?v=AgcWcamsT9o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Drive 5~ miles to go to the nearest town to celebrate nye with friends
>Actually go on my dad's car, Mondeo 2008 , fking big boat
>Dont drink
>Ezpz

>New Years is the 2nd most deadly day for crashes in the US

Keep in mind that this:
youtube.com/watch?v=hZL6OKwQGew
is the norm.

It must be pretty dangerous then

kek, the shaniquas in the dart.

youtube.com/watch?v=sCEzEVJkO1U

>people blaming the comcast guy

>that fat black woman

kek

Thank God all those niggers were on PCP and didn't feel a thing

youtube.com/watch?v=Zg8Iec-uG_c

>it's super slippery
>should I slow down?
>nah

>helping people

I don't know why people do that dumb shit

Your on your all on your own.

I don't want to get sued or die

This video triggered my autism

>in the US
Nothing of value was lost, unless they are driving a German/Jap car

Why is lane etiquette an unfamiliar concept to americans?

youtube.com/watch?v=3iUluPQil-w

>people blaming the comcast guy

yeah because it was kinda his fucking fault

yeah it could be avoided if everyone had snow tires and was going 15mph etc etc

but it's not a perfect world so blocking off one lane of traffic after a blind crest on a slick road is just retarded

those Comcast guys seemed like real fuckin low-lifes

lane etiquette pays off, how nice

>New Years is the 2nd most deadly day for crashes in the US.
what after 9/11?

I live in north europe.
There are 7000 drunk people on the road in this country at any moment.

You think I'm gonna give a fuck.
No I'm gonna drive, meet up with a total qt3.14 and celebrate.

>people driving too fast for the conditions unable to to stop is the comcast guy's fault

What if instead of the comcast truck, there was a moose or a fallen tree? Would those be at blame then?

You must always drive in such a way that you're able to stop on the stretch of road you're seeing.

Maybe you need help with your grammar.

north europe
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
that's gotta hurt

yeah this is in Los Angeles. We have some real bad drivers here

>California
>the US
Inb4 Y-YOU'RE IN A FLYOVER STATE (like that's somehow an insult)

>youtube.com/watch?v=PajolF-m2ww

you dumb nigger that's what I said, people are retards and don't drive safely

A moose or fallen tree is not a sentient being that you can ask to get the fuck out of the way when they're clearly creating a dangerous situation

moreover a moose or fallen tree is not gonna be a bitter shitbag that will refuse to do so

and yes, most people would say that wrecking because of an animal or tree in the road on an icy hill after a blind crest would not be your fault

most of the people in the video were going a reasonable speed, probably under the speed limit, it was obviously very slippery. Yes in a perfect world everyone would think "I better slow down to 5mph going over this hill because there might be something completely blocking my lane"

but for most of us probably including yourself it wouldn't be such a pressing thought that you would actually slow down to 5mph

>most of the people in the video were going a reasonable speed

Good one. If they actually WERE going at a reasonable speed they would be able to stop in time.

The comcast should be able to do their job regardless of the season.

SFag here
the chinese are the worst drivers here
what's the worst drivers in helLA

women in luxury cars, or young dudes in mustangs. I stay (far) away from both when I see them

>not adding gas if you see road bump like this

pussies

>gas

What gas would that be, user? Helium? Oxygen? CO2?

Armenians. Glendale constantly tops worst drivers polls. I used to go there for work and I would get in near accidents regularly by some bmw careening down the street/onramp/highway.
I live in Pasadena where the Rose Parade is if anyone's heard of it. You go down our main street on new year's day and people throw shit at your car. Some people drive down for fun to see how much their car can take. It literally is a shooting gallery some times, whipped cream pies, eggs, and silly string.

>tfw dad had 4 DUIs and still drives drunk

>Not hitting the touge for new years run

yea I'm not the user who you have been responding to. but you can fuck right off there's shit loads of cones and yellow lights. that dude just wants to get his fucking job done and be done. I stand outside towing peoples shit in that kind of weather all the time. you notice how those people are on the brakes and they lock them and still keep going. when you on the brakes and not stopping get off the brakes and steer.

comcast guy is pretty much thinking hey if you just leave me the fuck alone I can finish this job and then I'm gone. sorry you are a shit driver

I'm the guy that you're responding to is responding to.

I think that driving schools should be teaching more about safer driving and that the exams should be a lot harder than they are today.

I also believe that taking the driving classes and exams on a manual car to be mandatory. This way less dumb shits would make it through and thus there would be less potential killers on the road.

never met an armenian

you socalfags are weird
why would you willingly drive that road

>drunk driver pushes you off Akina

Night after new year is better. Literally no1 on the road after 1.

>be me
>go meet up with friend in town in europe
>30minutes to midnight, 0 people on road
>drive towards the town hitting the backroads, literally no one in sight, no one on highway
>fireworks go off as I drive towards the town
>come back at 2am
>literally no one there

literal horizon feels.
I'll organize a tougay dash next new years.

But i have to drive to work today user

>A moose is not a sentient being.

Stopped reading right there.

when you're driving along on a straight road, you don't expect to have something completely blocking your way

yeah there were a couple of people going too fast, but it seemed like 30mph or so was the norm. the issue is obviously that he was parked in the middle of the fucking road right after the crest of a hill, and rejected a spot out of the road for literal retard reasons.

What I'm saying is when that speed is the norm, it's retarded to take the high horse and say "well they shouldn't be going so fast" when the problem is entirely based on the fact that a sentient being is choosing to block off the road at that spot, nobody would have crashed if it was just a guy working on a cable box off the road

yes they "should" be driving 10mph the entire way home, but nobody does that, you just take the risk of not being able to stop for an unexpected hazard

The Comcast guys were being stubborn faggots, yes they have a right to be there but they're clearly creating a dangerous situation, and not moving their trucks or setting up more cones is completely childish

>I'm going to talk shit about places I've never been to:the post
go to bed Cleetus

lmao you know what the fuck I mean, a moose isn't gonna make the self-serving decision to stand in the middle of the road, or make the decision to get off the road in order to ensure the safety of other people, it's just gonna fucking say moo and wander into the road if it feels like it

>problem is entirely based on the fact that a sentient being is choosing to block off the road at that spot
What about the sentient beings choosing to drive too fast? They're not to blame?

How could the comcast guy have possibly known that a series of dumb shits were coming one after another?

Those reckless drivers should take responsibility for their bad driving skills.

When I learned to drive the instructor told me to not drive faster than that I'll be able to stop on the part of the road that I see. I also learned that I shouldn't be driving a car if it's not equipped for the conditions.

You're right, the driver's should be held at fault I agree

But so should the Comcast guys. By law they're supposed to have pylons at least 250" ahead on the road and a big sign that says obstruction ahead

Both sides of this story are inexcusable

The comcast guys must have been lazy or forgotten it. They've learned their lesson after that incident, hopefully.

>immediately lights up a cigarette
fucking lel

youtube.com/watch?v=7Mi-se6_59Y

>how can this be real

>how can this be real
Who knows? Some people just don't think

youtube.com/watch?v=AgcWcamsT9o

>someone crashes into my truck and ruins it
>whine about muh horrible injuries
>get settlement
>buy a better vehicle

Or

>someone crashes into my truck
>i die
>don't need to buy a new vehicle
>family collects life insurance

Think I'll go for a drive

What if you become paralyzed? It wouldn't matter how much money you'll get, your life would essentially be over.

I just went out for some snacks and the roads were totally empty. When exactly do these crashes occur? I'd think if anything it would be 3am on new year's day when it's time to go home.

Fuck, I should have listened. My mom's dog peed on the seats. Nice fucking new year's charm.

Excuse to an hero I guess

But how would you do that being paralyzed?

I want to go driving, but rainy and tires are bald as shit. Headlights are super dim.

Bald tires are kinda fun to slide around though.

>how can this be real
We live in a world where women are permitted (and in most cases encouraged) to drive.

Can't blame the doggo, you should have taken it for a walk first.

Plus I think that's good luck or something, or maybe that's bird poo.

>it wasn't comcast's fault! hrurr

Reminds me of motorcyclists

>excuse me it wasn't my fault you hit me
>but half your body was over the double yellow
>racing line bro i'd have to slow down 5mph to take that corner differently and fuck that, you don't get bikes, you don't understand man, watch out for us

Give and ye shall receive.

Signal to pass and people eventually move over. Tailgate and people just think you're trying to slipstream or read their bumper stickers.

And, technically, a "fast lane" is illegal because you shall not exceed the speed limit, so passing a 59mph driver at 60mph is what you're "supposed" to do. America has little wannabe cops that care about that. The real cops don't give a shit, but what are you going to do, arrest people for being jerks?

It really wasn't though. The truck was pulled over, the amber lights were on and flashing, and the truck was surrounded in reflective cones.

The idiots were going way too fast for those conditions since they clearly couldn't stop in time which is literally part of the manual when getting your license.

And what if the motorcycle was on a blind corner? That's "ideal world" thinking.

We have high speed traffic though, and common sense and the law to make it possible to have it safely. Some of the things we do to make high speed traffic safe is warn of hazards far before they are an immediate danger, have people who are supposed to be in the road wear high-visibility clothing, and redirect traffic when the road layout has temporarily changed due to construction.

Comcast did what a sensible government project wouldn't: fail to set up a fucking construction zone with a flagger.

Okay, but what if someone at one of those houses were having a medical emergency or if there was a fire and that comcast truck was a ambulance or a firetruck, would people still be blaming it?

It's just a meme to hate and blame comcast at this point.

There's also the fact of that blind hill that everyone was flying over. All it takes is one car losing traction and spinning out to cause the same level of mayhem due to the inattentive drivers.

I agree with you to a degree, but in this case it's really the fault of these drivers getting too accustomed to that stretch of road and totally neglecting the possibility of something disrupting that norm.

Have you ever seen an emergency response?

Any vehicles that aren't necessary are parked a bit further away with their sirens on, and cops walk around, at least here.

Those people would make it less than an hour in Canada. Especially if they consider that a "hill".

I just did, you pussy.

Just got home from a nice drive. Didn't die no one was out.

>I say success

any blindf corner i take on my bike i assume there is a car there. If im hanging over the yellow for the race line and i clip the car I would take the fault on that if i still live.

Have track near me so if i wanna hit the apex i can go to the track. people who run that close on the yellow on a raod they dont know is empty bike or car are fucking stupid.

I now take my drunk ass to sleep

>mfw live on a backroad from one town to another
>get wasted every year and watch people drive like retards starting at about 12:10
OP isn't wrong, you know

are you that apple guy on /g/ who drinks and posts anime and schizo rants late at night?

i didn't know you got a motorcycle.

>that rear end at a minute in
Holy fuck!

get some snow tires you cheap motherfuckers