/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a possible fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
moddb.com/addons/pripyat-2016-2-pr101ba031an401dynhud20
gist.github.com/v1ld/ebbc1c57418a90907be3c792401b4edf
gist.github.com/v1ld/a79e2b85290074aa4e95b87104ee7a5f
youtube.com/watch?v=dFJpKuVlfnw&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous Thread:

first for gardevoir posting

2nd for can't wait for your ban.

Third for Boris Poster is a faggot and should kill himself

i get banned everyday, it's cool

what mod should i plays lads

It's a free country where I live which means you can play what you want! CoC, TFW, StalkerSoup

Reborn, JP-2.

>StalkerSoup
>JP-2
Which one's better

The new AO+AN4 merge for CoP is pretty great. moddb.com/addons/pripyat-2016-2-pr101ba031an401dynhud20

Why not decide yourself by trying both?

Big downloads, bad Internet, and I won't know about end or even mid game content since the mods are apparently hundreds of hours long

Any sort of quick summary as to what StalkerSoup is?

fucking hell, I didn't realize snorks were so smart.. those fuckers can hide behind stuff and ambush you

Why does OWR have a particles file that's basically Atmosfears
Why does it replace so much of the bin folder for open xray for no apparent reason
Why is the creator such an uncommunicative assume
Whyyyyy
This plus the fact that STCoP has patches for Atmosfear and the Absolute packs means noone should recommend OWR3 again

It's not like it's a competition between the three mods. People have different tastes and some might like OWR, such as myself.

OWR has neat fast reload feature, which is nonexistent in STCoP/AO.

I don't think anyone was actually recommending OWR in the first place, it's boring as fuck and is just outright worse than both AO and STCoP.

JP2 is slightly better and has a bit more content. Textures and lightning are also prettier.
Stalkersoup has easier access to a spawner and even then, the difficulty is still lower.

JP2 if you enjoy the slav mentality of "gotta play this for 5 fucking years because I can't afford a new game, nevermind the fact I have to fucking farm in a Stalker game, at least I got plenty of "content"".

Hey guys can smurth's dynamic HUD be used together with weapongulash? If so how, because it crashes when i try to open the game.

Once upon a time there was a soup of many retarded slavmods. It became a big retarded slavmod. As with all large mods, it spawned a lot of spins/variations. One of them focused on translating to English and (terribly) combining a texture pack. There's a small divergence after that between the "OG" soups, and the western Stalkersoup but the base is the same.

fast reload? wot?

i know OWR3 has different animations for reloading on an empty chamber vs not empty, which is cool.

>OWR3 has different animations for reloading on an empty chamber vs not empty
STCoP does this as well

Explain
I doubt it's significant enough to choose it over the other mods
>It's not like it's a competition between the three mods.
It kinda is

Not for all weapons. I only really noticed it on the pistols.

Yes, you got my point, I was speaking about those different reload animations.
In vanilla it's on pistols only too AFAIK.

It's only on STCoP weapons as far as I know. The ones merged from AO don't have it.

Disregard that pistol thing. There's no fast reload for pistols in vanilla.

stop posting idiot

Don't tell me what to do, you fucking retard.

go fuck yourself you dumb idiot and stop spreading misinformation

you fucking moron I fucked you papa oh sorry its misinformation I actually fucked your mama dumb dumb

Kill yourself

>misinformation
user, most people here still think that Master makes you kill things faster and that the player's bullets disappear on lower difficulties in vanilla.

Did you just try to explain a complicated thing to the retard?

but master does make you kill things faster, i tested it myself

the rumor that it doesn't comes from a script that was made for some soup made a while ago that numerically showed how much damage you did to enemies but the mod also made all difficulties identical in terms of both damage and enemy AI

But it doesn't.

In SoC weapon damage is actually LOWERED as you go down the difficulties, but the actor's damage resistances are tanked making enemies do more damage while you do less. Hit_probability only has an effect on ENEMY shots that would otherwise hit YOU.

Please stop spreading lies, user.

holy shit! an actual retard:

Very fast poster bumping thread at incredible hihg speed

But he corrected himself.
I'm not sure most people do but an alarming amount for sure.
It doesn't.
>the rumor that it doesn't comes from a script that was made for some soup
The test that shows that it doesn't comes from the ZRP devs.
>In SoC weapon damage is actually LOWERED as you go down the difficulties
Also this. For example I'm fairly sure you break boxes in novice with one knife primary swing, this changes in master.

Since hit_probability is increased though NPCs will do more damage to you if you're in the area if affects, which is rather tiny but becomes really significant at points.

this is only happening because you are using an old version of particles.xr

the one included with CoC 1.4.22 contains that particle group.

the one included with stcop v5 does not.

so either update to 1.4.22, or if you already are then just delete whichever stray particles.xr you have in gamedata

>Arguments : Can't find model file 'dynamics\weapons\wpn_upgrade\wpn_scope_pu.ogf'.

thought this issue was resolved a long time ago.
no traders sell it and it is in the blacklist for stashes.
but if this is a problem, just copy one of the other scope meshes and rename it to the missing one.
though no weapons are configured to use it anyways.

>Also this. For example I'm fairly sure you break boxes in novice with one knife primary swing, this changes in master.
Makes sense, since your knife on Master has 75% of the damage it does on Novice. Pic related.
>Since hit_probability is increased though NPCs will do more damage to you if you're in the area if affects
Well, they mostly do more damage since the actor's (you) base damage resistance is heavily dropped as you go down in difficulties, but yes, that's exactly how hit_probability works.

Also these are the player's damage resistances based on difficulty in vanilla SoC where 1.0 means 100% damage taken, and .10 means 10%, etc.

>You'll never play Stalker for the first time again

What's the point, lads?

I have never ever gotten bored of Cordon, whichever SoC mod it is. CoP I'm bored of, but SoC is forever and ever amen.

I wouldn't say i get bored, especially with good mods, but sometimes i remember the feeling of playing the games for the first time, and it brings me back. I miss that feeling of mystery when i didn't know the zone inside and out.

Also i've been spoiled by weapon mods, it's hard to go back to vanilla-tier guns from some mods.

this. i barely give a mod a secodn look if it doesnt have a bunch of guns or a good storyline

Hey Borman, WG is very good stuff - enjoying it. Here's the version of coc_treasure_manager.ltx I added to the original stcop distribution files: gist.github.com/v1ld/ebbc1c57418a90907be3c792401b4edf

It removes faction patches and weapon addons from stashes. Patches made no sense. Most weapon addons in STCOP are classified as food items under the hood so they have a very, very high chance of spawning in stashes - food items have priority when stashes are populated and any given stash can contain up to 4 of them. This blows up the economy so I removed them.

Some anons didn't like this change and I can see why. Maybe it should be an option.

Darryl has ideas on how to make those addons first class items with menus and stuff which would let coc_treasure_manager handle them better.

Was Pripyat Reborn actually any good? I only ever see MSO mentioned

Agreed on having better weapons and gunplay. Those two are the bare minimum for any mod to be considered.

OGSE 0693's biggest disappointment for me was the weak gunplay - their running out of steam after adding the cool weapon mags system but before fully fleshing it out was sad. I'd have preferred the mod with 0692's tight gunplay. That would be a cool merge: 0692's gunplay and mutant/npc balance in 0693.

i dont know i just keep coming back like drugs

Probably because it was dropped in favor of what became CoC relatively quickly. MSO made it into many mods because of timing, but I haven't played a merge with it included.

The change only works with a new game, which is when CoC calculates stash contents.

me too

Hey Borman, I just looked at how you're doing distribution and you've revived and customized Alundaio's old dynamic npc loadout code from various sources. This is so much slicker than any of the other solutions around and should be used for all the weapon packs. Great stuff. You should PM Darryl about it, he's planning to overhaul his external script at some point and this is much cleaner and extensible. It should be in CoC as a base feature.

Update on autism quest: CoC 1.4.16, respawns disabled, no fast travel, goal: eliminate all stalkers in the Zone

It's down to only 30 stalkers besides myself still alive, and they're hiding very well. I got lucky and ran into a Monolith patrol on my most recent run to the NPP, hopefully that's the last of them up here and I can refocus on the southern Zone. Time to trek all the way from Generators to the Great Swamp on an alternate path for yet another sweep.

>Crusader
Awesome

okay this is going to sound newfage as fuk but im tired to play and i want to contribute doing something since i have a lot of spare time now. I want to work with animations for weapons i need to know what the fuck do i need. I know i have:
-xray sdk
-meshes and animations are ogf files
I need to know what software would be the most adequate to work with those files, and what extra things i need besides the tools for each software

Nice, is that on iron man?

Nope, I've died 4-5 times. I'm crazy, but not crazy enough to try this on Ironman.

You should try this again but on ironman mode.

Aw that would be quite a feat. But with how random encounters can be I'd imagine that'd be quite frustrating to accomplish. Still an impressive record so far.

haha good luck having someone explain all that

>-meshes and animations are ogf files

nah ogf files are meshes.
sometimes they contain animations or references to animation .omf files

.skl = single animation
.skls = multiple animations

reccomended programs
agent ransack
notepad++ (with compare plugin etc etc)
OGF viewer
Milkshape 3D (more useful than you would think)
3dsmax + plugins/scripts that allow you to work with stalker .object/animations etc
see
and you will definitely need a converter

lots to learn

its very good.

personally i find MSO as featured in most mods to be over the top, especially in misery where it feels more like doom than it does a real environment.

PR was very impressive to me particularly with some of the AI behavior changes. I have no idea why alundaio dropped it.

theres a merge of PR+AN4+AO3+AF3 and dynamic hud for CoP if you want to try it. Check the "addons" page in moddb, there is two very similar looking addons but be aware they are different, one is what i just described the other is like OWR3 or something.

probably worth noting
could only get the plugins/scripts to actually work with the 2012 version of 3ds max

You're referring to this, I think:

Smurth's HUD and derivatives really need a less dramatic set of broken mask overlays. Even the unbroken one changes the color too much. AA2 ships with a better set, less intrusive while still making the point.

I'll try it out later, then. Thanks.
>theres a merge of PR+AN4+AO3+AF3 and dynamic hud for CoP if you want to try it.
That was in the post I was replying to, lol. Yeah I'll try that though the broken mask thing scares me a bit.
>AA2 ships with a better set, less intrusive while still making the point.
Yeah, this.

You should be able to disable the hud overlays with a one line change to the script.

Edit scripts/actor_effects.script from Hud_Reoworked and change
function update()
if db.actor then
local tg = time_global()
if tg > upd_time then
upd_time = tg+180
hud_condition()
fov_r = ammo_r * ( (fov_def-device().fov) > 0.01 and wpn_fx.k_aim or 1 )
end
ammo_check()
hit_effect()
use_item_update()
end
end

to

function update()
if db.actor then
local tg = time_global()
if tg > upd_time then
upd_time = tg+180
-- hud_condition()
fov_r = ammo_r * ( (fov_def-device().fov) > 0.01 and wpn_fx.k_aim or 1 )
end
ammo_check()
hit_effect()
use_item_update()
end
end

fov_r is used in shoot_effect, so you need that to be computed and can't comment out the whole block.

You probably want to comment out the hit_effect() call as well unless you like that sort of thing, you pervert.

Thank you!
>You probably want to comment out the hit_effect() call as well unless you like that sort of thing, you pervert.
W-what does that do?

Gives you the hippy hippy shakes when you get hit. Not on every hit, the probability is affected by how much damage you took. But you lose control for a bit and can also drop your weapon. Generally unpleasant especially if you're out in the open, leaving you exposed to more damage while the animation plays out.

The shoot effects stuff is neat. It provides camera-based, animated recoil as opposed to just moving the barrel up. It's taken from an old Rulix mod and is in AA2 (and so also in AMK AE). If you fired the sawnoff in AA2, you know the effect. Hopefully the guy who did the merge added the new AO guns to actor_effects_data.script or some guns won't have the effect.

>Hopefully the guy who did the merge added the new AO guns to actor_effects_data.script
He did, thales seems to be a detail kind of modder. Cool.

--
-- .50 AE
--
wpn_desert_eagle = {
s = {4},
r = 0,
e = { {1.9}, {0.8}, {1, 1}, {3.6}, {5.15, 0}, {0.4} },
p = {blur = 0, black = 0.12, duality_h = 0.05},
},

Alright thank you! Yeah I'll probably disable that.

Shoot effects sound cool, and yeah I remember the AA2 shotty, awesome
That's great too

Actually, the actor_effects_data seems a little light for AO which has a large number of guns. I just checked and the SR3M for eg is not in the table so it won't have the shoot effects enabled. Does Thales100 read /sg/?

The original rx_shoot_enable.script had a cool feature that seems missing in the port done by Smurth: you could set up weapon equivalences for recoil in config/misc/rx_shoot_enable.ltx. So AA2 has this for eg to reuse the G36 anim:
[wpn_famas_p3_sk1_hud]
shoot_effect = g36

That feature's missing from Smurth's version.

Here's a completely untested tweak to Smurth's actor_effects.script that allows for weapon equivalences like in the original Rulix mod. The code is untested and even unexecuted, but the idea is simple enough.

gist.github.com/v1ld/a79e2b85290074aa4e95b87104ee7a5f

With this in place, you can re-use existing recoil anims for the AO weapons just like you can in the Rulix mod for SoC.

I'll PM this to Thales100.

How do I use dis

The PR+AO+Smurth's merge guy should use it. You have to add it to that merge, then add all of the AO weapons to the wpn_fx table.

>Playing AMK Autumn for a couple of days now
>Can't see shit due to the vegetation
>Everyone else sees just fine and I have no fucking clue where I'm getting shot at besides muzzle flashes I can barely see for the vegetation anyway
>Decide to raid the military checkpoint at night since I was in Cordon when night fell
>Can't fucking see shit but managed to crawl around anomalies and mines without a torch just throwing bolts
>Reach the left fence and climb on debris to get in the compound
>As soon as I'm on top of the fence the alarm fucking sounds and I get mowed down
>They didn't even have fucking torches lit

Jesus fuck, I can give them that they had night vision, but I made no fucking sound getting there, and wasn't seen or even looked at by anyone. The fuck is wrong with this detection? If I can't sneak in the dead of night without lights and sounds, what am I supposed to do, just go through the front door guns blazing?

I always set off the alarm too. It's annoying. Install the thanatos tree textures if you want better visibility, senpai. Should be under Options somewhere. You can install it safely even mid game. it's textures.

Shouldn't you have night vision by now?

Looked good at the beginning so left it like that, but yes, I will change it now. Though I'll probably do a partial switch and only change the grass. The trees look fine and wouldn't want them that empty of leaves.

Nah, just rescued Fox and went back to Cordon. Took my time with the mod and checked things out a bit before I went on with actual missions. Mostly tried it since I wanted to check if the PB alerted anyone if I managed to sneak a kill with it.

It's those bushy things growing at the bottom of trees that most bugs me in AA and AMK AE. Can't lean and shoot sometimes.

Open m_stalker.ltx and raise luminosity threshold to 0.8 and transparency threshold to 0.9 for both settings in Free and Danger mode.

This will stop you from being seen in pitch black night from a mile away, and will stop them from perfectly seeing you through a bunch of trees and bushes. Do note that they will still perfectly see you through grass, as for some reason none of the grass has "vision collision" meshes so to the AI it's invisible.

Thanks a bunch man, will have to write this down for later. As for the grass, I'll try to modify the textures, though I'll have to find them first. Apparently the grass textures don't come with the trees folder so I'll have to import them from somewhere else. Though I'll just google that for now, can't be too hard.

Keep messing around with the settings and you should find a happy balance that works well for you. You may also want to set the "always visible distance" to 0, and don't forget to make these changes in m_army and m_bandit as well, and only some of the vision settings from m_stalker carry over to them.

With properly tweaked vision values, I was actually able to go full sam fisher and steal the documents in AA2.1 in the agroprom in pitch black night without being spotted by sneaking around and shooting out the lights, only having to kill one guy near the documents as he was illuminating the entire hallway with the headlamp. STALKER with proper stealth is fucking fun.

Alright, will get to that now, thanks. This is gonna be good.

You can stealth that entire level right up to the final floor same as you did without any tweaking in AA2.1. Nerfing vision isn't required, just patience and not switching weapons or saving midway.

Nah, with the default transparency threshold and always_visible_distance bushes don't even impede their line of sight and it's a crapshoot whether or not you make it, versus actually just setting up realistic vision settings.

youtube.com/watch?v=dFJpKuVlfnw&feature=youtu.be

Point being you don't need to hide behind bushes to do that section. Just avoid their line of sight which is easy to see because they have helpful headlamps on to show you where they're looking at night.

Their patrol patterns are predictable too, you don't need to be Tejas to figure them out. You wait near spawn until the two dudes run by to go to the gate checkpoint, then go up that main passage and wait till the dude comes down the stairs and out the door. You can see his headlamp and progress from outside. The only randomness is whether two of them will walk into each other and get stuck on the stairs.

To complete this, you then go to the roof and knife the loudspeaker. You can switch to your rifle on the roof, the sound will not reach anyone. Go back down to the 3rd floor and shoot the guys blocking the door. Pick up box, pick up scope from the lieutenant if you're playing a mod that leaves it alone. Scoot down the ladder from the roof and out the hole in the back. Go over the hill, keeping an eye for the fucking pseudodog that hangs out near the tree. Etc.

Or, you know, just use realistic vision settings.

Whatever floats your boat, senpai. Thing is default SoC vision settings allow stealth.

The bigger problem is sound, not vision. If you don't touch a bush or switch weapons, you're usually good to go by just avoiding their vision cones. The one big fuckup is that is reloads cause weapon draws which cause sound, so don't save when trying to be stealthy.

>Thing is default SoC vision settings allow stealth.
Depends on your definition of stealth. If you mean stealth as in "avoiding line of sight at all times even in pea soup-tier darkness that state of the art 4th gen NVDs don't even work in because the AI has magical vision and will see you" you're correct.

If you mean stealth as in, "If there's no way the enemy can physically see me due to light levels or brush obstructions, thus I can bypass him even if I'm in his line of sight", no, you can't get that in vanilla.

If you enjoy the first, that's perfectly okay. There are also some people who enjoy the fact that in vanilla a dude in a hoodie can take a 77gr piece of lead, copper and steel zipping by at 3000 feet per second, smashing through his cranium (which would obliterate most of his head in real life) and not only still be alive, but accurately return fire in complete darkness through 2 trees and a bush.

Things I learned today. Here's AMK's inventory space restrictor based on the bulk of items you carry.

Medk = 1
Arts = 1
OutA = 10
OutB = 20
WpnA = 10
WpnB = 6
WpnC = 8
WpnD = 15

That's the bulk of various items. Medkits and Artifacts are 1 pt each. Weapons and armors are looked up in the table below and assigned the bulk as above. So an armor whose name starts with soldier_ will cost 20 bulk units, for eg.

Armor you're wearing and equipped weapons are ignored for bulk. If the sum of everything else is 100 or more, you can't pick up anymore stuff weight limit be damned.

TableWpnOutf = {
WeaponsA = {"wpn_abakan","wpn_g36","wpn_ak74","wpn_l85","wpn_groza","wpn_lr300","wpn_val","wpn_fn2000","wpn_sig220","wpn_sig_m1" },
WeaponsB = {"wpn_desert_eagle","wpn_fort","wpn_hpsa","wpn_walther","wpn_usp","wpn_beretta","wpn_colt","wpn_pm","wpn_pb","wpn_mp5",
"wpn_eagle_m1","wpn_bm16","wpn_ak74u" },
WeaponsC = {"wpn_winchester_m1","wpn_wincheaster1300","wpn_spas12" },
WeaponsD = {"wpn_svu","wpn_svd","wpn_vintorez","wpn_gauss","wpn_toz34","wpn_rg-6","wpn_rpg7" },
OutfitsA = {"novice_","bandit_","killer_","monolit_","svoboda_light","dolg_ou","ecolog_","neytral_novice_","svoboda_m1","dolg_gaz"},
OutfitsB = {"soldier_","specops_","military_","scientific_","stalker_","exo_","svoboda_heavy_","dolg_scientific_","protection_",
"militaryspec_","svoboda_gaz_","neytral_gaz_","dolg_m1" },
}

When /sg/ encounters a problem it makes a casualiser edit. No ifs or buts, faggot.

I meant stealth as in "avoiding line of sight at the distance of the 10-20m in the Agropom courtyard." Is that too far for people wearing NVGs to see you?

I suspect you're going up between the two hangars and hiding behind that bush there. This would also explain your "it's a crapshoot anyway" comment. Yes, it's a crapshoot as to whether the guard by the checkpoint or the guy patrolling in the building right in front of you will hear you rustle through those bushes you're using for cover. Sound is the issue, not vision. Don't go near any bushes if you're being stealthy.

The original user's question was about being picked off at distance anyways. Increasing opacity of bushes kind of makes some sense there, though you will lose out on some of the oh fuck I've been spotted need to hide if you make them blind there too. But bushes for stealth?

If I've never played any Stalker games before, should I play them all through with call of chernobyl story mode? Does it change the story/game so much that you should play the game through "as it was meant" for the first time?

Look, I get it, you're one of the "vanilla is perfect" guys, and willing to overlook all of the disgusting, easily fixed flaws. For the rest of us, especially those of us that have spent several hundred hours with the series, bringing STALKER from the schizophrenic mish-mash of RPG and counter strike, and putting it more in line with a milsim offers an insanely fun gameplay upgrade.

You can enjoy your broken, shitty mechanics, and we'll enjoy our realistic and fixed mechanics.

CoC "story mode" is functionally just a fraction of vanilla SoC.

I would argue the best progression is going to be CS > SoC > CoP which will mildly spoil one part of SoC if you haven't been spoiled already, but offers the best gameplay and story progression from okay > good > great instead of feeling like you get downgraded after SoC to CS.