350z thread

350z thread

wow look found the average owner of one

no ur thinking of mustang owners haha

[plastic rattles internally]

My sexy beast

350z is the deadliest car in america

I drive a NA miata currently and am considering picking up a 350z when I eventually wreck. How much better is the power?

looks like a good candidate for an ls swap

Am I close enough guys?

No, you are much better off.

Is the clutch really heavy or did I drive a modded POS?

Huge difference. But Z is pigfat.

This hate for Zs is hilarious. People so jelly.

>This hate for Zs is hilarious. People so jelly.
this.
z350's are great goddamn cars.
Cheap for what they are too, they look bout 3x as expensive as they are.
Might still get one but MRS might be a better idea for the application I have in mind.

nobody is jealous of your $7000 oil drinking jelly bean, lol

I drive an Si bro, and only because I couldn't find a clean base Civic. Zs are nice cars if you can afford them.

Also, kind of a pain to daily, I imagine. Low, pulls, poor visibility. Doesn't detract from it being a badass-as-fuck car though.

Also,

>$7000

Try $8000 for a trashed 350 and $15,000+ for a decent condition one.

went from the miata on the left to my Z

0-60 is meh, 6 seconds, 90's fast, bucket seats keep you in place so you only enjoy the sound of your gearbox whirring and slamming gears but no gforce,

however the power difference when you're moving is huge, I mean I can just keep the Z in 5th if I'm anywhere above 20mph and it'll pull fine without feeling like I'm lugging the engine where as the miata always had to be 4k+ rpm to feel like I was getting anything out of it

N-nah, you don't want an MR-S, they s-suck, please d-don't get one ;_;

>Tfw irrational jealousy when someone takes another MR-S out of the market.

Doesn't the Z feel pigfat to you though? One thing I had to give the Miata is being tail-happy-as-fuck with a little Scandi flick.

my miata was bone stock and at the track had very neutral handling, easy to point in the direction I want to go with no drama

and to my surprise that sums up the Z on the street for me, very very neutral, front has yet to plow, I can barely tell there's another 1000lbs compared to the miata

still haven't done a track day with the Z yet, bought it at the end of the season, from what I've read the Z will destroy tires and as such will start to understeer but I will have to wait for spring to see if that holds true

>>Tfw irrational jealousy when someone takes another MR-S out of the market.
I'm not american.
Don't worry.

I'm totally with you.
>want to build the ultimate touge machine
>don't have the money for it yet
>seeing people recommend them or ask about buying one upsets me

But 2nd gen best gen.

do you at least get thrown back in your seat at all? i've been underwhelmed by the miata's performance (1.6). i can hit the rev limiter for the first 3 gears and not feel an ounce of g-force tbqh. my other daily is a GSX-R 1000 so im used to a bit more oomph with my driving

MR-S with a 2zz is the best NA sports car ever tho.

Z cars haven't been good since the 2XX series

I had a 350 for a few weeks before i enlisted and sold it. Was my first 6sp, all I remember about that thing was the shifting felt like it was moving through rocks, clutch was hella stiff, sounded nice though decently quick.

having never driven any of them:
sw20 = aw11 > mr-s

well mine's a stock VQ35DE touring and nope, the standard seats have very good bolsters and support, on dry surface's the Z is planted and has no drama on launch but as such you really won't get much feeling from pure acceleration

I miss my 350z. I really like my 16' Nismo though.

Are you Mexican or black?

350z by far the best car i have ever driven and wouldnt trade it for any other car..... Except a r34

I fuckin love my 06 z. And so much force and still i have raced mine and topped at 163mph on a 3 mile stretch. Hoping to do a lt swap enforce the frame with a twin turbo forced induct with a vader 2 body kit

That's the plan man, ultimate toegay gokart to hit up the mountains with.

That's the problem, you're probably Canadian and going to get a RHD one like me someday lol.

i had one just like this 2 cars ago. It was a blast. Convertible in soCal is great!

Yeah i got mine in socal right now but hate soft top cars if only 350z had a hard top

yah it wasn't perfect. A little leaky in the rain & wind on the highway was noisy as fuck with the top up.

Mines on the left

When comparing a 350z to the 370z, is the biggest difference just the engine size increase? I've been debating using a Z as a daily drive as my lease for a BRZ is expiring.

Yes and honestly i prefer 350 i have driven both

ive never seen either own a Z, I'm cuban but I'm pretty bad at spanish.

>That's the problem, you're probably Canadian and going to get a RHD one like me someday lol.
nop lol
NE europ

having drive 2nd gen and not seen any 1st gen i can say SW20 is amazing.
I'd take it but it's getting old now, I'd rather take something newer and more reliable and remove power steering.
ZZW30 is the first car to beat doriftu kingus 86.
AW11 has that amazing looks and handling
SW20 wants to kill you and has TARBO
ZZW30 has that nonexistant weight, 2zz swap and is tiny.
They're all equally good but different in my mind.

Thank god toyota exists and we don't only have honda with their del sol.
Still a 350z would be awesome.

Tasteful mod scene for this car

Why is the 350 so much better than the 370

370 has stupid headlight design and an ugly arse, plus it tries to use design elements from other cars in Nissan's range which makes it look like a budget GT-R imo. IIRC, the 370 isn't even much faster than the 350 to make up for the awful aesthetics.
350 is cheaper, has better looks and a better aftermarket.

Other than the engine and a slightly different body design, isn't the interior almost identical?

Except mine doesn't run

High class owners abound