>mint
>$450

How'd I do Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YWo06Xjz7e0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why not just live in it?

>150k mile dodge

oh good, you got it just in time for the transmission to take a shit on you.

Jelly af. Pics?

Thats cool op, what the hell are you gonna do with it

Y

Stfu shitdick faggot.

Y

What kind of engine is in this beasts? I just spent $29k on a 2016 Transit 250 cargo and am absolutely in love with the fucking thing. I find it interesting that despite the size of these vehicles, the overall profile and handling is very similar to a traditional SUV. They are very easy to drive

considering it

if it does I'll sell off the engine and scrap the body to double to money I put in it

soon

Daily it.

This one has the 318 V8, which I prefer. It's lively enough but gives way better fuel economy than the 360

It's obviously night out but it's better than no pics

paint isn't great but the body is in amazing shape so I can go at it with some color matched rattle cans

She runs and drives perfect though, and the frame is S P O T L E S S

missed this one, sorry

Because I watch my local craigslist like a hawk and I wasn't about to pass this up.

>daily a 20 foot van

seriously, for what fucking reason

rattlecan it, sell it to someone that will use it for 2 grand and get a civic stfu

I daily my Transit 250 and love it.

Main reasons I like it are the large profile and high seating position. No one dares to fuck with me. It's instant respect anywhere I go. I am not bullshitting you; the driving experience is completely different when I am in such a big vehicle. Fuel economy suffers (14 city, 18 highway) but whatever, it's worth it. I own the road and people bow down to me.

-gut the back seats/interior, sell/dispose/whatever.

-weld a cage over the back two windows. install a bronx lock on the rear door of the van.

-get a maacoo 99$ paintjob

-flip for 3k+ as a plumbing/electric van

-buy a nicer daily driver

I fucking hate the 3k civic meme. I am going to keep it cause I've always wanted a van and need something that can tow my project cars.

I know exactly how you feel. But I'm not totally with you on the ease of driving thing you were talking about earlier. With my van it's got the extended rear but the same short wheelbase so the back end swing out is crazy

well don't get me wrong, i can't swing it around a corner the same way I can with a miata, but overall it really isn't as bad as it looks. it helps that the wheelbase doesn't extend the full length of the vehicle. i need to make a 4 point turn to turn around in my driveway. with my miata, i can do it in one swoop.

>gut the back seats/interior, sell/dispose/whatever.
All the seats are already gone

>weld a cage over the back two windows. install a bronx lock on the rear door of the van.
no

>get a maacoo 99$ paintjob
Doing it myself

>flip for 3k+ as a plumbing/electric van
Or keep it because I need a van myself

>buy a nicer daily driver
But I already own one?

Yeah I gotcha, it's still a van. I've driven the transit from a uhaul it and drives really nice (for a van). This one being not as modern though is another story

>no

enjoy having your tools stolen.

Yeah, Uhaul was literally what convinced me to buy my Transit 250. I had the opportunity of driving the uhaul transits a couple of times and I really loved how it felt. A few years back, I drove their regular E250s when they still had it in their fleet and loved it too. It really doesn't handle anything like it looks. They are damn good vehicles.

But to be fair, I have never driven any other brand (Nissan, GMC, etc...) so I don't know how they compare. I just know that cargo vans in general are easy as fuck to drive and i would gladly take mine anywhere with confidence.

>mfw feels like RL eurotrucker

youtube.com/watch?v=YWo06Xjz7e0

I don't keep tools in it though.

What threw me for a loops wasn't so much the handling but the power. I was expecting it to be slow as balls because of the weight (similar to the work trucks I deal with at my job) but its way faster than than. Thanks mopar

>I don't keep tools in it though.

then why bother having a gutted cargo van if you aren't going to store shit in it?

they aren't slow at all especially when unloaded. even with mine, i went with the older 3.7l V6 which has like 100 less torque/hp than the newer 3.5l ecoboosts and it's still fast as fuck if I give it gas. the only thing I would personally note is that the fuel economy is much worse than what the dealership claims. I think mine told me it would be close to 20mpg when in reality is about 14/18

It's not a gutted cargo van, it has all windows not panels. It was a "wagon" and the previous owner sold off the seat already. I'm gonna use it for towing mostly but I haul pretty bulky things as well. I'm not a tradesman or anything though so it's not gonna be a work van, and it's not gonna have tools in it for any sort of extended period.

I'm definitely not ready for 12 mpg mixed in mine. it's a 35 gallon fuel tank too so it's gonna cost upwards of 80$ to fill up (I have yet to fill it)

well sorry you're insecure and have a small penis, most people don't need to feel that sense of superiority because they are happy with themselves

towing project cars is fine, but dailying it is just a waste

it has absolutely nothing to do with insecurity. it's just how the real world works. drivers respect bigger vehicles more. my other daily is a fucking '90 MX-5 and 3 motorcycles that average 60mpg so don't talk to me about insecurity.

mine is only 24 gallons, costs about $50 to fill up completely with 87. i get about a 450-500 mile range on a full tank which is p nice IMO

I would pull up the analysis that one user did of low fuel economy beaters vs more expensive civics. But I'm lazy. Either way the waste isn't enough for you to get upset over.

Yeah I'm gonna get even more range out of my tank it's just a big blow to the wallet all at once. There's a 550 at my work that was fitted with an aftermarket 60 gallon tank. Even though it's on my bosses dollar I shudder Everytime I see the price to fill it up.

My other main car is a classic bug so it definitely has nothing to do with insecurity

ya done good op. What's the story with the guy you bought it off of?

basically this guy had the van for his business to pass out flyers? He was selling it because it doesn't look great and he has some high end clients, so he needed a better image. Instead of painting it he sold it for 10% of it's value. And that's where I came in

>10% of it's value.
Maybe 33%...Maybe

My first van was 550 burgers, I put an 800 engine in it when it shit on me then continued to tour the country for half a year then dailied it for eight more years. Currently have a 4x4 E350 on 34s fully campered.

What is cargo carrying weight limit on your Transit? 450 mile range is excellent. I've been daily driving an old E150 with the 302 V8 that gets an average 16 mpg combined and that's driving with a feather foot. When gas $3.50 a gallon I was spending close to $90 per fill up.

idk I plugged it in kbb and got $3,940 so thats a little more than 10% if I payed $450

you're getting the best mileage out of any of us van fags

Y

no idea about the cargo. my van is completely empty 99% of the time. i can tow up to 5000 lbs is all i know

Only 5000? That's unfortunate, but understandable since you have the na v6. I'm pretty sure I can get close to 10k with the 3500 but just by nature of it being a 1 ton and having a v8. I'll never come close to needed all that capacity though

yeah i didn't know how to feel about it. i was on the fence about getting the transit 250 or the Mercedes-Benz new worker van which had the inline 4 diesel engine. Exact same towing capacity but about $7,000 more expensive

Keep in mind I literally have no plans to tow anything other than my 400 lb motorcycle which can actually fit inside the cargo bay so I don't care too much, but I certainly don't mind the potential. Those older econolone 7.3l powerstroke diesels seem pretty fucking nice

I really like the sprinters but idk about the newest ones. Tbh you probably made the right choice. When you're talking about buying new then potential that you'll never use it wasted. I guess since I got mine for $450 it doesn't matter if the potential is wasted

5000 is the hitch tongue limit (500lb tongue, 10%)

The rest off the shit is on the door sticker

Not everybody likes shitty anime cars.

Its not even that, I just hate the 3k civic meme SO much. Like it's possible that a 90's nip shitbox doesn't meet the needs of every person on earth. On what planet is a 3k civic a replacement for a .5k 15 Passenger 1-ton van

The keyword was "passenger".

The windows are completely blacked out so it actually would be fine

This looks like the beginnings of a slasher film.

Yeah the aesthetic is a little unsettling, I'm gonna try and grab some pics in the daylight soon

now that it's daylight

hey thats neat

>want to adjust timing
>reach down and turn

You did good in the sense that you can probably make a profit on it. But, I don't know why else you would buy it.

GM fags will say they don't need timing change on the go

It's only 2 little clips and the center console slides right out. Pretty handy considering none of the engine is accessible from the hood.

I might sell it but for now I need a van

I don't think you know what "mint" means.

>It's only 2 little clips and the center console slides right out. Pretty handy considering none of the engine is accessible from the hood.

how much sound deadening is on that cover? must be pretty loud

That would make an awesome bug-out van.

>living in a shithole where you cant.

>being so poor you worry about fuel economy.

Add watanabes and a big side exhaust

Boom, Dajiban

Mint for the price is what I meant

>know what I've got
>no lowballers
>no tire kickers

When I test drove it I obviously knew that the engine was closer to the cabin than the pickups I'm used to, but it has the same levels of vibration and noise as any truck. Then when I actually took the cover off I was kind of taken aback at how far back the engine really was. The engine mounts and exhaust must be magic because the cover is just thin plastic over metal and you don't even notice.

I'm not sure what that means

I want. This is happening soon

You mean replica minilites?

>it's cool cause its from japan
cringe

DAJIBAN! DAJIBAN!

I'm surprised we went past 60 replies without mentioning them.

Dajibans are cool because they are a non stancefag trend. Fuck off.

>White van
>Mint
We Haggard Garage now, boys.

>I'm not sure what that means

Camping van for trips or for living in it full-time.

no he means Watanbe minilites.

Just like Compomotive also makes minilite-style wheels that are not Minilites or a brand trying to pass them off as the real deal.

Actual minilites probably won't fit on a dodge van.

tfw no straight pipe diesel though

>add a bolt on turbo with no intercooler
SHES GOOD SHES GOOD

How well do the 318's respond to boosting? It's not off the table

Is it a 318 or 360? I used to a have a '98 like that for a while.
It had a 360 and 4.10 rear gears, it was pretty damn quick for something that big.

It's interesting that the B vans are basically the same all the way back to 1971. The grille dash and tail lights changed but the body lines are the same.

318, and I'm not sure what the rear axel is. It's plenty quick though. I'm thinking about uncorking it a little though

I had a mid-80's Dodge work van with a 440 way back in the day. It would go 125 easy.

I now work for a place that sells its surplus transportation vehicles, and $450 is a deal. They drive great and still have life in them at that stage.

Check out publicsurplus.com.

nice pedophile van

>mid-80's Dodge
>440

'78 was the last year for big blocks in the B series vans and D series pickups

Nice. I always wanted to do that and build a tailgating vehicle out of it for NFL games.

chop the back off and turn it into a 5 seater cab over truck.

Does nobody on the face of this planet remember what "mint" actually means?

This is honestly starting to piss me off... apparantly every piece of shit rolling down the road is mint in 2015+2

>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""mint"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

You didnt get a bad deal, I have friends in bands and shit that buy vans like these, but, How in the fuck can this be considered mint? Why would you even say that when its very clearly not mint? Why not be honest? "Hey, got this beater for 450" And AWESOME. But, its not mint. Come on.

24 hours of lemons. Do it.

>current year
>samefagging this hard
>being this much of an unrepentantly rancid jew