What's a good beginner manual transmission car...

What's a good beginner manual transmission car? I want to get a Honda but I heard from another manual driver that he doesn't like the clutch on it because it's too light or something.

ANSUR ALWEY MIATS

There's two approaches to learning how to drive stick: The easy way, and the hard way.

>Easy way
Get something with plenty of torque low in the rev range, you'll never ever stall it. You most likely will learn some bad habits though.

>Hard way
Get an underpowered shitbox with zero power, you'll stall a lot for like a week until you master it and when you do, you'll never stall anything ever again.

So what would you consider an underpowered shitbox? I'm trying to be pragmatic in my choice of car, as this will be a commuter vehicle. That means I don't want an attention-grabbing sports car, I want something that I can learn to drive well pretty fast, and I don't want something that is very old and will break down a lot (my limit is 15 years).

Will a manual Honda do?

Also, I am taking a few lessons to learn manual but my overall strategy is going to be to buy a car and practice on it myself after I've done a basic intro. I already had one lesson..w

Honda makes some of the best manual transmissions out there

For the love of God, just give him a hypothetical year/make/model so people like me who are lurking can go search autotrader for them.

The Civic for 3k meme applies pretty well here, honestly.

How bad of an idea is it its to learn on SW20 turbo?

About as smart as those satanic trips would suggest.

It hard to go wrong with a manual honda, Civic, integra, prelude, accord, their all decent cars
satanic trips conform death by snap oversteer

Oh dear...

Any car for 3k around here is only good for scrap metal.

Anything with a sub-2 liter engine and a manual trans will do. As an added bonus it'll be cheap as shit on gas.

Serious answers only pls

Might just use kijiji or Craigslist and get someone with shit box to teach me

Kijiji?
Where in canada?

Ontarioh, GTA

just get what you want and learn. it's not that hard

Dont get a turbo mr2

They spin out if you boost into a gentle corner and let off the gas

Also freeway onramps

I've read a fair bit about snap over meme and watched a bunch of videos, I'm not going to be driving it at its limit until I'm confident in the car if at all. Also been practising the driving style of early breaking and consistent throttle through curves in other cars.

Hey man, I'm OP. I live in the GTA too. I did one lesson with stickGTA and I'm going for maybe one or two more. If you want to learn with this guy, it's 60 per hr.

Not bad, I'll look into it.

Thanks

Lol do you have a lightweight rwd car with good power?
I love the sw20 and i had solid suspension but i wouldnt trust it in the rain, get a na and turbo it before you go for the full deal, it will cost you the same

Literally anything that doesn't have a huge amount of power.

Thing is its avaliable from an aunt and could get at a good price otherwise with an na

Get an old beetle or squareback if you want to plunge into the deep end - they're old enough that the shift gates are worn and you have to baby each shift. the clutches are heavy but you'll quickly get used to that.

EVERY shitbox with less than 200hp has a light clutch. Even VWs with >200hp have light clutches, pathetically so. If you wan't a stiff clutch, get a sports car or put an aftermarket semi/6 puck in yours.

bwahahahahaha. even the s2k is mediocre. come the fuck on.

3k of scrap? That's pretty good actually.

older honda, or Passat 1.8; low power range and it hurts less when you do drop the clutch the first few hundred times. Less being your feelings that is.

I have a Mazda6 2004 diesel, it has the hardest clutch I've ever tried. VW, BMW and Mercedes diesels have much lighter clutch.

>60/hr
I drove about two hours south from Des Moines to an open lot off an exit in the country to teach some user to drive stick before he picked up a yellow 944. It was a fun and funny way to spend an afternoon. Didn't charge a dime because why the fuck would I?

Also, why the shit has Veeky Forums been blocking Verizon's mobile IP range?

>Also, why the shit has Veeky Forums been blocking Verizon's mobile IP range?
this

buy a sn-95 v6. they have a heavy clutch which is good for practice and its loud enough to help you learn to recognize the sound of the engine when you need to shift but most importantly you can get them dirt cheap

regardless of what you plan to do, i would wait until spring. you dont want to fuck up on a snowy road

>loud enough to help you learn to recognize the sound of the engine when you need to shift
t.poorfag without a tachometer

Yeah I'd be purchasing it once I graduate university in may, snow would be the final nail in the coffin. Would be summer DD

if you can learn to shift without needing to glance at the tachometer it lets you stay more focused on the road ahead which is a much safer approach than looking at the tachometer and then watching your hand shift as many beginners do. its not a matter of tach or no tach (most manual cars have one anyway)

Why does that image exist?

I learned on a manual '98 CR-V. Loved that car.

O-tan is cute af. Why wouldn't it?

why not just look at the speedo instead?