Hit and run, hold me Veeky Forums

I'm going to make a thread because I feel like shit and I want to talk about it.
I was driving with some of my friends and some guy in a truck pulled out to make a left turn across our lane from the other side of the road. We were going about 55-60. The speed limit was 55. He pulled out when I was about 150 feet from him. I had to swerve to avoid him. That me to I swerved into a ditch. I did everything I could to point the car into an area where there wasn't anything in the way. My car went off the road and launched off the ditch. We rolled twice.
We all walked out of the car without anything worse than some scratches. We were all wearing our seatbelts. The guy in the truck stopped, tried to tell us we were speeding (we were not) and then fucking left. He sounded drunk when he was talked. I didn't think to get his license plate because I didn't think he was going to leave. The police are looking for him, and they're considering it a hit and run. My car was totalled. The paramedics said that I saved everyone's life because otherwise we would have tboned the truck. I'm still really upset about my car.
I'm sure there's stuff I'm leaving out, it was not my fault I want to be clear, had I not swerved I would have died.

Pic is the tow truck driver hitching it up.

It only gets better, trust me.

Thanks again echofag.
I hope they find the guy and I can at least get some insurance money.

Sorry about your car op. Good for you for saving yourself, and I hope you have better luck. Be glad insurance is going to cover it. This is why I'm getting a dash cam.

Yeah, having full coverage must feel good at the very least.
Hope you track that bastard down, you have that chance so take it.

I'm going to do what I can.
Picture of my friends with it on the way to the wrecker yard.

If you got his license plate you should have reported injury to the paramedics for sweet lawsuit shekels.

It's not too late m8.

Was the E30 a six or a 4 cylinder?

Honestly having a big accident in small, 30 year old car is one of my worst nightmares. Just look at the deformity on the roof.

I didn't get his plate. I didn't think he'd leave.
325is, and my uncle had just swapped it to a manual before he sold it to me.

Don't stop until you find him.

>2017
> not even spending$40 on s dash cam

You deserve to suffer

Honestly considering it rolled 2 times at 60mph it looks like it held up well. Considering OP and friends survived without injuries.

Stupid trip won't stay...

The paramedics said they were amazed at how well it held up.

It gives me hope that I won't die in my 30yr old shitbox when I crash.

>do not drive other than by yourself only sober
>drive slow always, dont be speed idiot
>get hell at away safely

Glad to hear your safe op , why not keep the car though ? Drift build ?

I'm sad that she didn't make it to 2017, OP.

F

Kek git gud faggot
>not being able to avoid a fuckhuge truck from 150 feet away

You deserved it and your cars gay as fuck

Are you autistic or did you not read the post? He missed the truck and hit a ditch. Would have died if he hit the pickup.
>tfw responding to b8

F

F

Press F for respeks mang, ur a fuckin hero

>not dagumi drifting around the truck
>he doesn't practice rarely needed manuevers at racetracks weekly

Shitposting already I see?

He could have missed the truck and not ended up in a ditch if he wasn't a scrub. 150 feet is a huge distance nigga

Glad to see that the Aussies are having a good morning.

>could have, should have, would have
>I was there I know exactly what happened
kys

not too bad as far as e30 crashes go I guess. I've got one too and I really hope I never get t boned

this one hit a pole at 50ish iirc

I too rolled my e30.

Fucking amazing how strong they are considering their age. At least hit and run means underinsured motorist will pay for your car if you don't have full coverage.

You're lucky, to be alive, and insurance wise

>scrub detected

Are you Wesley?

what a fucking deathtrap

Shit sucks man, I had one of my cars totaled in a wreck before. The women that hit me tried to pull the same shit the guy who hit you did. Thankfully my friend was quick enough to take a pic of the woman's license plate before she tried to run off. I told her if she left I was going to inform the police about a hit and run. Police ended up citing her for speeding and failure to signal on an illegal lane change.

It still fucking sucks that my car was totaled. I drove a shitbox, but it was MY shitbox.

Take my gun OP

I actually tried to countersteer to correct but it didn't work.
That sucks man, glad to hear you're okay.
The paramedics said the B pillars held up so well, and that's what saved us.
Y-yes?

Or completely the opposite
Exactly, even though it was just a car, it was still my fucking car. It meant a lot to me.

Captcha: Road devastation

I guess everyone will just ignore this part or assume it's bait but how fuckin drunk were you op? 150 feet and your going 55 miles an hour and that wasn't enough time to react without rolling into a ditch? On new years eve

You deserved it m8

It was 1 in the afternoon, and I don't drink. You weren't there faggot. There were a ton of witnesses who said that I didn't have time to react. I don't know exactly how far it was.

BMW put extra effort into crash worthiness that most other car makers weren't doing at the time. I would still be wary of crashing old cars.

that shit fucking sucks, seems a like e30 coupe, especially since its a factory 325. if you can try to get some good parts from it, will make you some money or spares for another e30
crashed my e30 once, no frame damage to speak of, had to change the hood and a quarter panel, kept the cracked bumper as a battle scar

I'm going to either part it out or buy a shell of an E30 and try to swap everything over I think. The engine should still be okay.

Okay lad next time be a bit more thorough.

You can make out the letters except for the second e.

I didn't really bother blocking out my name because it wasn't really that important, but thanks buddy :^)

Do you think his ancient BMW has the same stopping distance as the brand new Rio your mother drives you to school in?
If I was in the same situation as this guy was in my truck I most likely would have come out even worse.
Good job not dying OP

>he paramedics said that I saved everyone's life because otherwise we would have tboned the truck.
The paramedics were full of shit and trying to make you feel better., you would've t-boned the truck at 30mph or less if you stood on the brakes and walked away with minor injuries or none. Swerving and rolling an E30 is FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR more likely to kill you than t-boning a truck at 30mph. The truck also wouldn't have been able to drive off so you would have his insurance covering your loss.

It's usually better to brake than swerve, but you know that now.

No contact, not his fault. Learn to drive better.

You are about to learn that tires and weight are the biggest factor in stopping distance, and that stock brakes on that car could easily bring it to a halt just as quickly as any modern car with equivalent traction and weight.

Well you just learned it now, I've done my job.

Failure to yield. His fault.
I had bad tires. I was supposed to get new ones fucking today.

Good job idiot

No contact, no fault. Trust me, I've been there plenty of times, on both sides.

I got burned by not getting a plate once.

Every accident I have ever been in from that point from a small love tap to a good crash. I get out and take a pic of their plate before I do anything else. Fuck you for hitting me and I don't give two shits if you are hurt I want that plate.

Hope they find him and insurance takes care of you op.