Is it true that Lexus is the absolute best, most reliable brand of car? Particularly the older models...

Is it true that Lexus is the absolute best, most reliable brand of car? Particularly the older models, how do they age compared to Hondas and toyotas, and how expensive are they to own? I'm seriously considering buying a Lexus for around 3000, because I'm curious. But not if they're a bitch to maintain

Pretty much, Lexus is a division of toyota so there is much difference in terms of reliability. Hondas are good too aside from their auto transmissions

But how expensive are they to own? I've heard lux cars can be pretty expensive to upkeep and if you don't maintain them purposely they get run into the ground

Yes they are the best, even Veeky Forums mechanic mascot agrees.

All you need to do is change your oil nothing fancy.

Okay how about the cost of say, a timing belt job compared to a Honda? You know stuff like that. I'm just trying to get an idea of the difference in pricing or is it the same?

There is no timing belt

Okay how about rotors then

You knew what I meant bruh

If you are doing everything yourself, it will be cheap.

What if I'm doing nothing by myself? Is there a website where I can compare between brands as far as maintenance

They've consistently made the most reliable vehicles since inception.
>prezo will have an IS F early 2018.

Have you owned any personally? I'm looking into the rx3000 for around 2-3k but I'm open to other models

The RX 300 is super reliable.
You really can't go wrong with Lexus.

I'm just concerned about getting fucked over again. I recently brought a lemon so I'm super cautious right now. But okay if I see one of those I'll check it out.

I've heard stories of their service department just fucking you over royally and offering you a $100 gift card to make it all better. This pleases the average cheap ass Asian hence the good customer service reviews.

desu if you're spending that little on a vehicle chances are it's blown out. Try to find one from the original owner. Never buy anything from anyone under the age of 40 and most importantly be on the lookout for vape pens or vape pen accessories in the console.

The funny part is I literally did all that and still got fucked

story?

>look for car
>find car
>one owner
>private owned
>he brought another car
>mid 40s guy with kid
>decide to buy it
>turns out the bottom frames and axles are badly rusted, and it's leaking oil from the seals and in the engine

Last time I buy a car without having it checked at a shop first

>expecting a Toyota to be rust free

Couldn't of you looked under it yourself?

Why didn't you have your car inspected prior to purchasing? A mechanic would've spotted all of that in 2 seconds.

ALWAYS get an inspection. Same with buying a home.

It wouldn't have mattered you can't see it unless you lift the car

Had I brought up taking it to a shop he would've killed off the deal most likely. But then again I wouldn't be stuck with a literal death machine either

Because I've brought multiple cars without having them inspected and it turned out just fine

And I wasn't expecting it to be so badly rusted since we get like two snow storms a year if that

Hard learned lesson I guess.
Personally I wouldn't look at a used car priced than $10k. You might be well served to finance something reliable rather than purchasing a $3k shitbox that you'll have to continuously sink money into. A pricier buy upfront could save you money in the long run.

I don't have the money or credit for that. I just have to make do with what I can for now. I don't expect a car to be in great shape at that price but obviously I don't want to spend 300-400 a month fixing a shitbox either. It's a shit situation but it is what it is.

*less than $10k

Gotcha, I've been there before.
In that case, as reliable as Lexus are maybe opt for a civic/corolla instead.
If something breaks on the lex, it's gonna be a costly repair in comparison.

I really can't stand fwd cars tho plus those find cars are generic as fuck. But if I can't anything decent after a few weeks I might have to go that route

Toyota is a very reliable company, their cars are absolutely amazing, they hardly break down if ever.

With Lexus, they take even more care, making sure the customer is satisfied for what they pay for. In terms of luxury it's the same as the competitors, in performance they do lack but for a great daily it's the best thing to have. Reliability is part of luxury, no point getting a nice car if it keeps breaking down giving you discomfort.

Engines point the wrong way in most Toyotas

Good point, and noted thanks