/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Ye olde: HAPPY NEW YEAR

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Season 4 - Operation Red Crow is out. Patch 5.2 - Mid Season Reinforcements Live.
youtube.com/watch?v=12hNVzz4CYY
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/redcrow/index.aspx
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/redcrow/reinforcements.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1535236-Patch-Notes-Update-5-2-Red-Crow-Mid-Season-Reinforcements
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-11-21-2016

Other urls found in this thread:

varusteleka.com/en/product/nva-sport-jacket-repro/23704
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I cosplayed Glaz for 9 months in the army

and nobody cared the first thread, nobody will care now

Burger or yuropoor?

Quickly, give me all your Valkyrie memes!

Strayan

>yfw you will never have an old fashion planning map that you can spend hours on perfecting the mission so the Ai runs it perfect

Replay 3 again.

lol no

I've decided on Bandit. How do I find out what he wears?

with friends!

varusteleka.com/en/product/nva-sport-jacket-repro/23704

Lame

A Surplus Bundespolizei leather jacket you need to sow in your own shit in
A 5.11 Tactical VTAC LBE in Black Might need to sow on a huge ass Polizei patch on the back
A Prometheus Design Werx JAAC Pullover Hoodie
Some NIJ IIIA soft armor with a groin protector
An AM95 helmet hard as shit to find the real thing
Some Levi 505s or 541s you might need to rip
A Safariland SLS Holster for the USP .45
An Arc'teryx RHO AR Balaclava in Black
Not to mention airshit guns from the likes of VFC since 1:1 and KWA/Tokyo Marui for the USP45
All in all 1.2k since the bulk of the cash will go to the helmet.

Really comprehensive. Cheers, user.

Also thanks.

You could always ask >>/cgl/ as well, although it will eventually devolve into the discussion of traps.

I did. I got a fast, good response here instead of the zero response I did there. Goddamn 3/4 of it is Lolita shit

Dead game?

Play with me

>Bundespolizei leather jacket

You can actually buy the jacket it's modelled after?

Holy shit. Thanks user !

Ideas, rough sketch dump. Help me decide which pokemon would fit each op!

Do map preferences even work, I get yacht and hostage all the time even though I disabled them

Yeah, but no yellow stripes, German flag, or the patch on his right shoulder. You're going to have to sew in velcro to attach the the patches and some yellow leather or fabric.

Fun

>shitty murderhole gets 2 somehow

Sorry if this shit's cringy, any ideas from u guys?

>very sneaky Caveira

Thoughts on the Ryuko skin?

Just bought Door Kickers. Shit's pretty fun but I'm fumbling about with the controls a lot.

Glad someone made a Siege Op mod.

So who's getting Elites next year and who do you think will be getting them?

What's the chances of 3 Ops getting them every Season?

>want Kapkan's Elite
>don't always play him
>1/3

They keep giving him good shit but never what he needs, which is 2/2 at least.

Furries and better than animefags?

>So who's getting Elites next year and who do you think will be getting them?

Meant to say "Who's getting and when"

rook, so people are more willing to play him

fuze
cat cluster grenades

I did thingy.

Torkoal as Smoke.

Chansey as Doc.

How do I improve aim on console? Also, how do I get better in general, play a lot?

Increase sensitivity and practice prefire, I got up to Plat 2 this season by excessive Casual practice and 1 speed memes.

Yeah, I've started paying attention to where I keep my crosshair. Also, how many games did you play a day?

I laughed.

Around 8-9 Casual for practice and 3-5 Comp games in case I get shit team mates, then again I blame myself for incompetence by spree deranking to Silver II. All of this occurs at night till 7 AM in the morning.

What's the best Rainbow game for new peopel? I have never played one before except for Siege, and Door Kickers makes me want to try.

Oh ok, thanks.

Best R6 game no question, but probably not for new people.

The glory days of dial MSN.com lobbies and huge 400mb map packs are gone however. Between this game and early cs 13 year old me was in online shooter heaven.

Just try vegas or some shit

>banging walls all day, every day

>every other person says slap an ACOG on anything that can use it
>recoil goes all over the place even with bursts
>too slow to line up headshots
How do I git gud can I get away with using Holos?

Optics is mostly based on preference imo, although the "every other person says slap an ACOG on anything that can use it" is true on console, try using the flash hider or muzzle brake, and use compensators for spraying.

I am seriously considering stopping playing this game.
The matchmaking is simply shit, there's no other way to say it, and ubisoft refuses to acknowledge, they in fact said that everything is working as intended.

It's not. 3 days ago I got matched against 2 diamonds, 1 plat and 2 golds, of course we lost by a crushing margin (I was gold 1 and the rest of the team were silvers/gold).

That's just an example, but overall I get matched with absolute retards who play horribly, unrankeds, silvers, coppers (and see a bunch of mixed team).

The problem is that this game doesn't tries to balance the teams, it will find 5 platinums and an extremely mixed team and will say "ok its the 5 plats against these guys then!" there's no post matching arrangement.

And there's also the fact that a FUCKLOAD of retards bring their level 0 friends in with them at ranked by grouping with them. DONT DO THIS SHIT, YOU'LL RUIN THE EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE. How the fuck can they say that matchmaking is working as intended if its matching me (a guy with 300 hours) with guys who literally jsut bought the game? There is literally ZERO matchmaking information about those guys, therefore it should NOT match them with guys with a lot of info.

Oh and just yesterday, we were at the match point loading screen and THE ENTIRE ENEMY TEAM LEFT, and you know what happened? MATCHMAKING BROUGHT IN AN ENTIRE NEW TEAM.

TO LOSE THE GAME

they were all counted as late joiners so they spawned dead, losing them the round and thus the game. Yes the matchmaking literally matched guys TO LOSE a game automatically. You can't say that's working as intended.

gitgud fucking pleb

Tbh you shouldn't be playing against diamonds unless you're plat or something, OR if for some bizarre reason you got thrown in a low rank but you have such a huge MMR that you gain like 500 points per victory.

If you're diamond and you're getting matched with silvers and gold who win 20-30 points per victory, you shouldn't be fucking diamond. Of course that's assuming the matchmaking is good, in the case of R6S that's happening because the matchmaking is terrible.

That tickled me

See ya tomorrow, nobody gives any fucks about (You)

>using a 3 month old picture

Every optics has it's advantage. ACOG is shit for close range, can't tell you how many times I've been killed by a guy who was literally sitting in front of me because the ACOG mounting was blocking his body

holy shit is he playing with a controller?

>join game
>2:0 5v2

shit didn't mean to quote

>it took 20 minutes to find a ranked game including requeues

WRONG OP AGAIN
FUCK

>NOT COPYING FROM PASTEBIN
>[EMBEDS]
>OLD THREAD ISN'T AT THE BOTTOM

AAAAAAAAAAAA

Fuck it, I guess it's not as bad as the others we had been getting. And I should expect incompetence from eurofriends.

Happy new year, I suppose.

Nobody reads the op anyway.

>playing ranked

How would an attacker able to hack cameras be?

It would be fun to see defenders forced to destroy their cams, and it would be gold if its one of those valks that place cameras at the objective

>fucks up something (at least not fatally this time)
>hurr it's okay nobody uses this anyway :^)))

>concept of prefire
>IN HITSCAN WEAPON GAME
Get real. Why are shit-eaters not holding this game up to PC standards of responsiveness and connectivity?

Oh I guess since no one reads the OP we shouldn't even bother and make it blank with just the title reading /r6g/, like the starcraft general does, right?

retard

I know this is bait but eh fuck it

Do you understand the concept of prefiring? If you truly do, then how can you attribute it to just Siege, or something that is only in place in a poor connectivity game?

You're firing at the exact place you expect their head to be around a corner hoping they walk into it. And assuring any delay in connection favors you instead of hindering you.

Light travels at a finite speed, even the most perfect of game networking systems will have a peeker's advantage delay, however small, and will benefit from prefiring.

becase this is of only game like it friend ))))))

Why do you russians smile like that?

One ")" means "smirk"
Two ")" mean "sadistic smirk"
Lots of ")))000" mean "you are retard kill yourself"
-meanwhile russian-

thank you Boris

OK FAGGOTS, I want to hear what are your ideas for new operators? What would you like to see?

I honestly can't think of anything they could bring to the table for attackers.

A defender able to put alarms on doors would be sweet imo, I also saw that shitty fake chinese ops from reddit and the defender idea was rather good desu: a non-lethal trap that makes attackers leave a black trail for a couple of seconds.

Would also be sweet if attackers could rappel up hatches. RAPPEL, we really don't need an exclusive operator for that.

I'd like to add "coolHacker", hacking defenders cameras and taking control on it.
And also bring all camera info on your second screen, this should be sweety.

Reinforcement with built in murder hole

I unironically think a defender able to reinforce from a distance would be really useful.

>You're firing at the exact place you expect their head to be around a corner hoping they walk into it.
H I T S C A N
>And assuring any delay in connection favors you instead of hindering you.
Exactly my point. This game is sluggish as fuck and brings lag trickery in as another element of mastering the game.

or maybe a drone with a deployable cover that moves with you

Operators, I'm starting to have a problem with my mouse.

My left-click is starting to not register occasionally and it's starting to getting worst. I never dropped my mouse, I've only used it for a year and it's still pretty clean.

It's and ASUS GX800

defense: alllow the guy to put fresh walls over already breached walls
maybe reinforced idk

Yes, hitscan. By clicking in the place the enemy's walking into the line of fire, you kill them. How is this a difficult concept to understand

Any game, no matter how good their connection, presents a layer of peekers advantage and a prevalence of prefiring among top players.

This is why I don't spend more than 20 dollars on a mouse.

Failure rate on any mouse is extremely high and it normally involves something to do with clicking that can't be fixed.

>Source: your ass

did it come with a warranty, a year seems like a pretty short time for something to start breaking

I ended up the one getting baited here. Well done.

>I buy cheap shit that breaks easily
>therefore all mice break easily

>I can't argue
>Heheheh you were just baiting

whatever you say ;)

Almost got 25k renown. Valk or Buck?

It came as a free gift when I bought my laptop which is now about 3 years old. So probably no warranty.

I've only just used it for a year now. I really want to think it's something that can be fixed but it's not looking that way.

Kinda hate that you can't pop the mouse cover off anymore to do cleaning or whatever.

My complaint was that this game feels very delayed for a shooter. Which you conceded to, mind you, when admitting that it has delay.

Your response was some bullshit voodoo about light and hurr errybody dun it and u jus can' help it. Hence why I called guys like you without standards shit-eaters.

"walking into hitscan" is new low from shooter games.

1v1 me quake, unreal or cs kid

valk

I'm pretty sure you can open it, but don't know how much help that's going to do, should be a few screws on the bottom and some might be hidden under the pads

Science confirmed for voodoo, I guess?

Let me spell it out for you:
Yes, the networking in Siege is not the best, and not as snappy as CS, Quake, or Unreal. Arguing against this is akin to arguing against reality. That is not what I'm arguing about. What I'm arguing about is that you don't seem to understand how latency works in games, and how pre-firing and peeker's advantage is a thing in every single FPS in existence due to the nature of how networks function.

Light travels at a finite speed. This means that if you live in one corner of the US, and your oponent lives in the other corner of the US, even in the most perfect connectivity connections with amazing internet, there is still going to be a delay because no useful information can travel faster than the speed of light. So in this window of time, peeker's advantage and pre-firing will be extremely useful. So you have:

>The natural delay that you can't avoid because of physical constraints
>The artificial delay that is imposed by the networking structure, which the lower it is, the better it was made

In the examples you provided, the artificial delay is actually pretty tight and not very significant most of the time, assuming a good internet connection of course. In Siege, the artificial delay is a tiny bit longer, because Ubisoft's network infrastructure is pretty dildos. But in these two cases, prefiring and peeker's advantage still exist. It's only a question of how much.

That's my whole argument.

I used to buy expensive mice then I realized rolling the dice on an 60 dollar investment wasn't a good idea.

Also, "walking into hitscan" can definitely happen in those games you have mentioned.

Just picture a machine gun guy in Quake firing where he predicts his enemy is going to pop up. Just spraying that shit.
The enemy is going too fast and walks into the line of fire without realizing, so he gets hit.

Same in Siege: you're spraying a corner and the guy walks into the line of fire because it all happened too quickly to process that he shouldn't walk into the line of fire.

not him, but any idear which shoes hes wearing?

Guy from yesterday that needed a new mouse, got the G402, because it's supposedly the best gaming mouse ever or something, I had a coupon for the store I got it from and they didn't have a lot of different mice. So I got this one.

Are new mouses supposed to feel weird? I mean I don't know if I made a mistake or not buying this mouse.