Truthful things you don't like to admit?

I haven't done an oil change on my car in around 2 years and I daily it everyday, I'm too scared to do it and can't afford to service it.

What things do you admit to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W-hhvAb647k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I ride the bus and do not have a car.

your choise.
A 35 dollar oil change or 500-5000 dollar engine swap if you do it yourself.

WALMART LITERALLY HAS OIL CHANGES FOR 19.88$ WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU

>OP drives 10 miles a day
>is barely at the service interval

>can't afford to service it

I don't know how to use the jack stand.

Does your car not have a jack with a instruction sticker?

I ride the bus, and i have two cars..

My car is almost 30 years old, no sticker.

scissor jack?
youtube.com/watch?v=W-hhvAb647k

My car is 38 years old and it has a sticker

Is it a scissor jack, a bumper jack or a screw jack?

What the fuck, are you autistic?

>have 25 year old car
>don't have to use jack stands to change oil
>also has 2 drain plugs for added difficulty
>Took a minute amount of time to do
>back on the road to ez

My car has had a CEL since I got it (1 1/2 years ago) and I have never bothered to check it.

And I'm sure whatever is triggering the light to come on is also making the car run like shit but I'm lazy.

Now that I got a toolbox for christmas I'll take it to get scanned and replace whatevers fucked

I drive a Challenger, and I love it.

OP is bait

$3 will get you a bluetooth scanner off ebay

If you can't afford to maintain your car, you cannot afford to own a car. Sell it.

not him, not finding $3 on ebay but $5 is close enough. What app do you like? Android?

>I'm too scared to do it
lol

i want video gamers to leave this board

>$5
i guess they're hiding the actual cost now with that usb bluetooth adapter

i just use torque lite on android and look up the codes

oil change autists amuse me. you can easily go 20k miles with synthetic oil. getting your engine properly warmed up every time you drive is much more important.

i got my driving license just couple days ago, and i'm 24 now. meanwhile in my country you can even pass tests and course before turning 18, to got your license right on your birthsday.

i have no idea why i was waiting so long, it was super retarded. now i'll buy some weak punto and survive through the winter without smelling alcohol and urine in buses or freezing in below zero temps on bike, i can't be happier

is this true?

>20k miles
Depends on the car, but I wouldn't risk it. The highest I've ever heard recommended is 15, and I would do it every 3 to 5 depending on the age of the car. Oil changes are super cheap so there's not a good reason to risk expensive damage

I did an oil change after 23k miles on my winterbeater shitbox and the oil still felt okay.

As far as oil as a engine lubricant is concered, yes. But Oil has more uses than just lubricating your engine.

Oil additives such as Oxidation inhibitors, detergents, Rust and corrosion inhibitors, and foam inhibitors start to lose their effectiveness after the recommended change interval which is the limiting factor of synthetic oil.

Never understood this. Obviously there are people who can buy a car but can't afford maintenance. Not saying it's OK, just that they exist.

Doing maintenance is an essential part of owning a car.
Being able to afford to buy something isn't the same as being able to afford to own and maintain it.

Either user went frugalmode and spent his last hundred bucks on a heap of rust held together with tape, or is leasing something too expensive and is going to get repo-ed at the first missed payment.

I have two cars, a motorcycle and six bicycles but I ride the train.

Honestly, OP you should get to it. I'm a newfag here, but thats how my old car got fucked up. It just ended up being too expensive to fix so I scrapped it. Best of luck to you, I'd get to the autoshop ASAP and scrape up some money for a damage report too.

I know next to nothing about cars. I always let my mechanic do everything.

I haven't gone over my truck like I need to.
Replace gear oil and other stuff.
Cause I'm afraid I'll find more wrong stuff.
Like a guy who doesn't go to the doctor cause if he doesn't know there's something wrong, he can ignore it.

I drive a miata and I fucken enjoy the car. Slow speed king, Fun as hell, ideal for city driving, you can fully go all out on street and drifto safely

na or nb? anything after nb is meh

I let random dudes blow me in my truck.
No one knows this.

and that's why first world countries have a proper MOT.

Wouldn't trust walmart to change a turn signal bulb desu

>a car that hasn't got the oil up to operating temp in 2 years

I just don't straight up want to work on my car

I don't have a garage or tools, but I can rent a lift for 10$ an hour at a local autoclub. Still, I'd rather just get people to do it for me. I give them the oil and I'll just supervise.

i graduated with 3.8 GPA in mechanical engineering but can't figure out how to do something as simple as swapping out an alternator without fucking something up.

I have eleven bikes, eight cars, three trains, and a razor scooter, but I ride a horse.

>too scared to do it

It's nice to know women frequent this board

Come to my Walmart then, some of us aren't mouthbreathers and know what we're doing.

Put your trip back on, Kit Kat.

You must be a female.

I drive like an asshole because my car allows me to.

All of my friends think I'm some sort of car wizard when in reality I'm just a guy who likes cars and does his own repairs.

It's $49.99 for a full synthetic oil/filter change here. Certainly better than Jiffy Lube's $104 after all their fees and passed-on taxes.

I once drove my car at night for 10 minutes without turning my lights on, before a pedestrian had to remind me.

Which is normally a silly mistake, but I was driving pic related.

wait what?
you can rent a lift for $10 an hour?
how? tell me everything from the autoclub membership cost to how this deal came to be
we are talking a lift as in 2 post or 4 post not some jackstand shit right?

What does driving a 944 have to do with not remembering to turn on lights

Pop ups, user

With most cars you still get a bit of light from DRL's. It takes a serious lack of awareness to not see your pop-ups are down.

that is a clean supra user. have my want

I've been a regular on Veeky Forums for about 4 years and don't own a license or a car.

DRL should be illegal.
I've seen countless cars that have nothing on.
Nothing in the front, nothing in the back.

I've seen in in dense fog, I've seen it in the middle of the night.

Some day I'll buy a tank and drive straight into them so they don't have to wait for the accident to come.

If car is on, lights should be ON!

>car engine burns oil/loses it somehow
>spend time just topping it up
>get lazy
>oil is a little low
>hit redline a few times hooning around
>rod knock
>hole in block
>I'm a big cock

story of my first car 2g dsm engine seized to shit

It's not daytime running lights which are the problem. It's backlit dashboards regardless of the time of day. Coupled together, idiots don't know the rest of the lights aren't on.

Buy a jack and jack stands. Buy a wrench,oil for your specific car's needs,oil filter for your model type,car towels,gloves and look at a video tutorial. It's fairly simple, I did my first oil change myself yesterday. It's easier than you think bro; Goodluck.

underrated.

i haven't changed my oil in 7,000 miles but it's the first time it's even gone that long. full synthetic though.

99.999% of Veeky Forums

fucking useless millennial piece of shit

you realize people born in 1980 are millenials, right?

No, what was I thinking; of course you don't. You're just a retarded shitposter literally crying about "le wrong generation XD" since odds are you're a millenial.

My oil gets to operating temp in less than two miles

Drive downhill less

depends on engine condition, oil quality, filter quality, and driving style

if you drive your shitbox up and down hills and around curves so it gets a healthy revving every single day yeah, fine. i cut my filters open after each change and have never found anything but a little gunk (10k interval).

motorcycles, on the other hand, yeesh

Generational divides got fucking meanginless within one-two "generations" of the boomers anyways

Everything past X is invalid as a generation and is just a hip way to say "damn kids"

>population boom
>"okay, we'll give this generation a name"
>next round of kids are mostly born around the same time because children of a population boom
>births spread out more with each generation since people have kids anywhere from their teens to their forties
>culture changes rapidly, someone born in 84 is culturally distinct from someone born in 94 despite both being "milennials" down to havign different economic opportunities in young adulthood
>to stay as accurate as you were for boomers and gen X you would have to make up a new eneration every year or two

The problem lies in the DLR even having the feature to turn off the lights.

It's a stupid feature and puts people at risk of a retard that think it's okay to drive a black car in the middle of the night without any lights or a grey car in dense fog without any lights.

My hands are too cold to type.

Life advice: invest in a heated garage if you don't want to rent out a warmed bay just to rotate your fucking tires

I've been avoiding an oil change for nearly 6 months, but every time I go to do it it rains so I've given up

Also I'm only allowed 10,000 miles a year on my insurance and they check it so I pulled the ABS fuse several months ago and have done about 20,000 miles without a speedo

I let my dad and his boomer tendencies keep me from buying a shit box to experiment with. I'll show him when I get as much money as I have sense.

The drain plug in my car is absolutely stuck and I don't have an impact gun so I just take it to a mechanic. I do all the other shit tho

I beat the shit out of my relatively nice sports car. Every single trip out I hit the limiter. I don't do any maintenance myself, get raped at the dealer while it's still under warranty. I haven't tracked the car once despite having every intention to when I bought it. I wash it and put gas in, that's it.

>only allowed 10,000 miles a year on my insurance
Is this real life? I've never heard of this before.

thats yurop for you

Don't even get me started nigga. My list is longer than Mandingo's dick.

i daily drive 70's barges but i do no more than basic maintenance on any of them

I fucked the brand new clutch my first motorcycle came with within 6 months because I learned how to drop-launch my bike

i'm not 100% confident how to check my oil level