Car Saftey

What does Veeky Forums think is the best way to piss off a thief?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UdCM3SI_t6Q
liveleak.com/view?i=4c8_1482097585
youtu.be/X0nfhafP4mE
youtube.com/watch?v=2mf6AUbjT-s&t=0m30s
tannen.livejournal.com/66587.html
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/232777.stm
youtube.com/watch?v=U5Sd4uew5lA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS_in_South_Africa
youtube.com/watch?v=AASm4YfiywQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Make the airbags explode if the alarm goes off

>MFW I have that same car boot.

Put your car on jackstands and take out the wheels?

brakes locks?

USA version

if someone wanted the car bad enough they could get rid of that thing in a few seconds with a cordless grinder. Or just put the donut on if they had time.

Would it be better to put a brake lock on the clutch or the brake?

I don't think a bent shifter is going to do much 2bh

A bullet in the dick.

Kek

then quickly remember you forgot to pickup your wife's son

False:Mexicans.

Shoot em in the dick with a bb gun.

Put a dildo in the seat

Pull a bunch of stuff that the average thief wouldn't think of checking. Pull ignition fuses, remove HT leads/coils/whatever your car uses, disconnect fuel pump or pull pump fuses, disconnect throttle cable from throttlebody etc.

why not both?

Also wire an isolation switch into the ignition circuit and put the switch somewhere nobody would think of looking, such as under the front seats.

Car bomb

I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if the car could release Co2 when it detects the weight difference of the thief?

That'd be cool, though the car would end up crashing :(

oh yeah great, have a big meal and get gassed to death, I'm not a fucking jew.

fuck me

good thing old people don't steal cars

I'd say clutch so they can't get it started.

w2c that boot?

But I'm not hearing you can push the car to start it without a clutch?

aka "Pop a clutch"

youtube.com/watch?v=UdCM3SI_t6Q

To do that you have to be able to push the clutch in and dump it (let it out quickly) with the key in the on position and someone pushing you. If there's a lock on it you can't push it in to do that.

no, the clutch needs to be pressed to do that.

Smart,
thanks guys this makes me feel better. ^ _^

The best anti theft is a HIDDEN kill switch on the ignition.

The best way to piss off a thief is set up a pepper spray system in the car that activates about 60 seconds into the drive.

Nothing hurts like pepper spray in the face, it induces panic, you feel like you cant breathe, your eyes swell shut, and it burns about as bad as boiling water.

Air bags to lay frame when you park.

and then they crash your car

You could get around that by rolling in neutral and forcing it into 1st.

Unless they know how to float the gears to shift without the clutch, they'll be stuck in first the whole time, and good luck getting it going again from a stoplight without the clutch or someone getting out and push starting it again.

This is exactly what I Do, I always remove my center distributor plug.

wire the door handles with a bug zapper

liveleak.com/view?i=4c8_1482097585

Better yet, make a fake one that's super obvious like an aircraft ignition toggle with the red cover so they flip it and don't think to look for a real one.

I'd probably get one of those seat heater kit switches and wire that up to be the kill switch, that way it looks completely unrelated and doesn't get a second glance. Bonus points if you actually install the seat heater kits too, I'd probably do both fronts and make the third one for the kill switch seem like it goes to the rear seats.

Doesn't matter that it's got two sides, if anything that's better so you have to guess which one it is.

jokes on thief, my car doesn't even run.
Oh..

Then hit em in the face with paint cans.

Driving a manual car.

>drive a car with an immobilizer
That should show them.

There two shifters in an 18 speed? I've always imagined trucks drivers having to shift 1 through 18, jeez I'm retarded. Guess it works like a 21 speed bike though huh.

Hidden fuel pump switch.

youtu.be/X0nfhafP4mE

Skip to 5:55

A hidden switch to turn off the fuel pump.
that's all you really need.

it will kinda maybe start for a bit with the fuel in the lines, and die. Any thief will think the car is just shit, and leave it be.

Problem is putting the switch where its completely not visible, and not in an obvious spot, but convenient enough to be operated

Kek..good1

The popular way to steal now is with a flatbed. You won't stop that.

I don't live in a place that car theft happens often, I had a 1966 mustang so I put a fuel cutoff switch on it, but now that I drive a shitty golf I stick to doorlocks

challenge accepted

Yeah, 2 gears boxes basically. Nowadays the auxiliary gear box is controlled with a toggle switch, but there used to be 2 separate shifters.

youtube.com/watch?v=2mf6AUbjT-s&t=0m30s

why is nothing labeled

Don't live in a 3rd world shithole would be step 1.

Drive a modern car that can't be moved without the key.

This, seriously.

With 4/5 cars having some sort of alarm, nobody steals anything unless it's unlocked with the keys in OR its a good enough car to warrant proper thiefs with a flatbed.

Since nobody here owns a good enough car, I'd say just lock your doors and don't leave valuables in plain sight. Nobody wants to steal a '94 civic.

But really, make it so your car isn't worth a theif's time, or get a gps tracker, because if someone wants your shit, they're gonna take it regardless of what you have to stop it. Once it's in a garage, your kill switches and locks mean nothing. Gps is the way to go if you're serious about getting your car back.

The 94 civic is one of the most stolen cars of all time, terrible fucking example. Should have said 98 accord.

leave the car at the side of the road completely unlocked, with the v5 in the glovebox already signed, but absolutly no fuel.

>they fucking torched it.

the other shifters are for the diff locks and PTO stuff, not that complicated really. I think to shift into reverse is a separate lever on those too.

>move stick to neutral
>start engine
Or
>put car in first
>turn ignition and give gas

real life knowledge vs bus rider knowledge

Is it? Most everything made in the last 20 years has a clutch safety switch. It would be pretty easy to defeat it though.

this

also, good luck getting moving again from every stop you have to make

t. Patrick O'Toole, Former PIRA member

Modern cars will not start without the clutch pressed. Not even if you're in neutral, the clutch safety switch does not care. You're thinking of automatics with their park/neutral switch, or older manuals that don't have a clutch safety switch.

That's what I said here

>south African airbag trap

will kill or seriously maim thief. Trap doesn't care if you forgot to disarm b4 starting. Booby traps best option but also most dangerous and depending o state is a grey area of law.

Modern cars are typically automatics

They are, but that's completely irrelevant because this entire argument is about modern cars with manuals.

The mexicans around here steal cars with a trailer hitch lift around here. It is a very short trailer with two wheels. It hooks to a truck trailer hitch and lifts up just the two front wheels of the car being towed away. They just break the window and release your parking brake. Then your car is towed away.

But they don't have mexicans in my country. BTW you 'mericans should close those borders already, I sure as fuck wouldn't want poor faggots come into my country and make shitty music.

>BTW you 'mericans should close those borders already
Impossible not just because the border is so long, but because many hispanics on the american side own properties directly adjacent to the border. So it's no problem for illegal immigrants to cross over into that property. And the property owner of course pretends to not know anything about it. There's also those pseudo businesses that build a warehouse building and then the tunnel connects up to it for drug running or illegal immigrant smuggling.

>I sure as fuck wouldn't want poor faggots come into my country and make shitty music.
The problem is that illegal immigrants have so many citizen-like privileges in the USA despite being illegal. All that is due to all those anti-discrimination laws. My area's schools allow them to attend at taxpayer expense of course. For 2015, 56% of all property taxes in my area goes to paying public education expenses. What left goes to pay for roads, city buildings, city employees, police, fire, utilities, training, emergency services, infrastructure, etc. It amazing how much money teachers suck up with those tiny class sizes too and lots of ESL (English as a Second Language) courses here in the USA. It's too bad english is not taught as the first language in the usa.

why do you dropout NEETs pretend to care so much about this sort of thing
>muhh tax dollars!
>well, not _my_ tax dollars, I mean my mom's tax dollars!

Weird that I see this thread
>night before christmas eve
>staying at girlfriends place because party
>no room in driveway so I park on the street
>stupid fucker shatters my driver side window
>can't get it repaired for two days because muh holiday

Luckily my alarm scared them off before they got in. I wouldn't have been so pissed if I could've fixed it right away but that shit got my blood boiling.

I'm thinking about fixing razor blades in my door handle.

Any other suggestions? I'm open to anything short of rigging my car to explode.

>Any other suggestions?
There are alarms that beep if the door handle is attempted or if people get close to the car. That's usually enough warning to them to leave your car alone before they break the window to get in and cut out your airbags or pop the hood release to cut your battery line to shut your alarm off before it sounds. That's the problem if they know you have an alarm with 30 seconds delay before it sounds. They break the window. They now have 30 seconds, so they pop your hood release and cut the battery line. Now your alarm is forever silent and they can work on your car.

With no survivors

We aren't all NEETs my friend

Where does it say that?

That looks disgusting.

looks like a flaccid horse penis

HERE is a story of some "tough guy" travelers to South Africa a short time after Apartheid (white rule) ended.

This is a fragment from a blog of a Russian man who went on a business trip to South Africa, translated for your convenience.

tannen.livejournal.com/66587.html

Me and my friend had to spend roughly 10 hours in Johannesburg. We asked Mikhail and he convinced some kamikaze driver to take us on a tour through the city center. We, the two retards, thought that they were exaggerating about the danger just to frighten us. We thought that we'd get to the center, take a long good stroll through it and show everyone that Russians aren't afraid of anything.

We ended up not even coming close to doing any of these things.

Reason?

We nearly shat ourselves.

The descent to Johannesburg from the plateau made the city look great. Beautiful, big, modern. Some skyscrapers here and there, some nice Victorian-style buildings. Green lawns, blue sky.

Upon actually entering the city, the picture changed drastically.

It looked completely abandoned.
There was no electricity.
Piles of trash just lying in the streets.
Burst sewer pipes flooding several spots.
The only thing clear of debris was the main road, the only functional electrical devices were the traffic lights.
And this was the city center, the relatively safe part of the city.

Prior to riding into the city, the driver appointed by Mikhail read us a short "do's and don'ts" lecture.
He seemed very tense, gulping often and suspiciously looking around as he spoke:

"If you cunts want to survive this, do exactly as I say.
After we enter the city, NO LOUD NOISES, do not ATTRACT ANY ATTENTION!
NO FUCKING CELLPHONES OR CAMERAS flashing through the car windows!
DO NOT MAKE EYE CONTACT with ghouls! (that's what he called niggers)
And no matter what happens, DO NOT OPEN THE WINDOWS!
Because suddenly a lamp post can fall and block the way, and the ghouls will fucking siege us.
And remember that I have kids, so at least follow these rules for my sake..."

The initial question was whether you should put a pedal lock on the brake pedal or clutch pedal. Automatics don't have a clutch pedal.

i have a removable steering wheel. i like to think its enough of an inconvenience to deter someone trying to drive it off.
altho if theyre determined, they could probably just use the hub to steer

dont park it on the street, park it in a secure garage that is climate controled and free of rodents

We spent two hours riding around the city center.
It was quiet enough in the bus to hear a pin drop.
To understand what happened to the city, a small historical flashback is needed.

After the apartheid was over, a two-million swarm of Africans flooded the city, opening the era of African Reconquista. They were not natives, they just left their usual places in the desert and went wherever life was better. Mikhail, the guy who got us the driver, lived in Johannesburg at that time and told us the following:

In the middle of an ordinary workday, something happened.
The office center's doors opened and an unorganized crowd of several thousand blacks rushed in, carrying their belongings in huge bags. They asked us not to pay any attention to them and continue working, while they were spreading around the building and occupying every bit of territory that was available. Armchairs, stools, sofas, restrooms and hallways - they were everywhere, happily chatting and wasting no time in taking whatever shiny things the building's original denizens had on them.
The office became filled with commotion. Chickens were butchered and gutted in the hallways, tables in audience rooms turned into cooking tables, restrooms became bathhouses.
The polite question "What's going on?" was answered with "This is our home now".
The subsequent, less polite question "What the fuck?!" met a reply "It will be better for everyone".

Mikhail called the cops.
Cops didn't come.
They apologized and explained that exactly the same thing is happening across the entire city.

Then everyone who could started to quietly flee the city, headed towards the suburbs and Cape Town, while erecting barriers to block the paths - hedges, moats, electrified fences. The last district of Johannesburg where you can meet a white man nowadays is the Pretoria suburb.

After a massive exodus, owners of the buildings started thinking of what to do.

Bingo!
They decided that if they switched off the electricity, water and sewer access to the buildings, the ghouls will leave them and return to the savannah.

So, they switched them off.
The ghouls didn't even notice.

Of course, in the savannah they had neither of these modern conveniences. "Where do they shit, then?" I asked Mikhail.
Mikhail replied that the office owners were also puzzled by this - and completely shocked after they found out.

You see, after invading the buildings, none of the ghouls could figure out what elevator shafts were for. Once they ripped out the elevator doors, they spent a few days scratching heads and spitting into the darkness, until it finally occured to them.

"Bless the white man's genius", thought the ghouls, and the shafts became both toilets and garbage dumps ever since. According to Mikhail, it takes roughly ten years for an average ghoul horde to shit up an office building to the point of complete unliveability.

After that, like in good old prehistoric times, the horde migrates, occupying another building.

We rode on through Johannesburg's streets, glued to the car windows, devouring the scenery with our eyes.
Fashionable modern houses with boarded-up windows passed us by.
When we came across a rare open window, we could see fires burning inside, with ghouls lying or walking around them.

(Once again) According to Mikhail, a new, albeit informal service appeared in Johannesburg.
Bunches of tough guys go around offering to take the buildings back from ghouls. It happens like this: in the middle of the night several trucks drive up to the building, and hundred or two of armed thugs goes inside. Quickly, they grab the sleeping ghouls and simply start throwing them out of the building, trying not to wake the whole horde up.
Before the horde completely comes to its senses and starts expressing its displeasure, the thugs weld shut all doors and windows on the first floor and put up an electrified fence. After the building is cleaned and refurbished, it turns back into an office.

That's how the remnants of Johannesburg's white population live and work. In the evening and during the night they keep safe behind armored doors and private guards. In the morning they get into their cars and quickly, without stopping, ride outside their fortresses to work. After a short ride through more-or-less safe streets, they dive into one of the heavily guarded foxholes that leads to the underground parking garages. And that concludes their arrival to the workplace.

Another funny thing I noticed - if two "live" buildings are nearby, they are often connected by an aerial passage at the 10th or 11th floor. So office workers can even visit each other if they want to.
The only trick to it is not to look down.
Down there is ghoul territory.

Never said anything about modern manuals. He's not wrong.

If you visit the blog, you can see some pictures taken through the windows. It's such a violent place that some people had invented and installed flamethrower devices to prevent carjackings.

To see the car-mounted flamethrower in action, click on the video at this description article by the BBC.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/232777.stm

Even the chief of police purchased one for his personal car. Now, that is quite a car mod.

Lots of CARJACKINGS occur in South Africa. If you stop at a traffic light, someone may run up with a gun and point it at you. Fighting carjackings has risks since you don't know if it is a fake gun or real. But losing your car means you will be robbed or possibly killed. You must avoid that. Here is a video about fighting off carjackers.

youtube.com/watch?v=U5Sd4uew5lA

The problem is that once you surrender the car, you are on foot and may be robbed more. 1 in 4 women are raped each year so you don't want to be a white woman on foot in ghoul territory. If you are raped, you need to pay attention to statistics:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS_in_South_Africa

The 2007 UNAIDS report estimated that 5,700,000 South Africans had HIV/AIDS, or just under 12% of South Africa's population of 48 million. In the adult population the rate is 18.5%. The number of infected is larger than in any other single country in the world. The other top five countries with the highest HIV/AIDS prevalence are all neighbours of South Africa.

=-= - =-= - ==

Traveling by car, you have to use roads even though you are in a landcruiser. In one set of travel postings, a belgian couple in their LandCruiser car said:

>When we continued on the same road we would pass other smaller mudpits. These bogholes always had a "crew". When a truck arrived, they would throw in rocks so the truck could pass... for a fee of course. After the truck passed they removed the rocks again. A lucrative occupation!

Last one. I'll leave you guys alone now.

I thought the same.

I don't know why we can't just napalm the city to the ground for the good of the world.

Percentages, shitheel. They sold a lot so a lot got stolen. But fair point.

>I don't know why we can't just napalm the city to the ground for the good of the world.

The white citizens there are very strong. Since apartheid ended and the country went way downhill, many ran, but many stayed to try to turn things around. And they have for the most part. However, the black areas are still very violent and full of crime and corruption.

The conditions now are a lot better than what that old blog article described when rule was taken away from the whites and given to the black majority under nelson mandela. But if many of those in this thread got out to get gas in black areas, they'd be in trouble because there are still many thousands of carjackings each year in the city. Do you even want your stolen car back? It's a high chance of the seats and interior having HIV juices.

Safety is not just physical car possession safety. It should include personal health and hygiene safety too.

would anyone think about stealing a 1st gen honda fit

>What does Veeky Forums think is the best way to piss off a thief?

Something that remains silent but suddenly rushes out to scare him. Like Mr Pit Bull.

Except that it's too cold outside much of the year for the dogs.

>Make the airbags explode if the alarm goes off
That will be $4200 each time or more since you will need a new dash, steering wheel, new seat upholstery for both front and back, new side pillar moulding, and of course replacement airbags for the fronts, side curtain airbags, and airbags for the seat bolsters. You'll also need a new windshield in some cars because the passenger seat bag can damage the windshield.

That's too much damage just to scare someone off.

>What does Veeky Forums think is the best way to piss off a thief?

When so many cars have immobilizers, that forces thieves (like those in New Jersey) to go to carjacking in order to get the car keys.

Or they will follow particularly nice cars on their way home and carjack the car at the house. Or they drive around in parking garages looking for good cars and then park nearby, chill in their car as they wait for the owner to show up.

Black Market - New Jersey carjacking
youtube.com/watch?v=AASm4YfiywQ

The show has brief interviews with some carjackers as well as commentary about one method that makes carjacking successful. That is to drive fast and recklessly and risk hitting lots of pedestrians. The police will stop chasing in most cases. Then they deliberately drive across a police jurisdiction line and that lets them get away from police that are following them. The things you learn from carjackers!