/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>new years edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Vids:

>Shingu going """""fast"""""
youtu.be/1sogy3whI88?t=44

>Shingu's Yonaka Exhaust Demo
youtube.com/watch?v=D54TSvz0xxM&t

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

partsgeek.com/g98bgm1-honda-civic-axle-assembly.html?utm_source=shoppingcom&utm_medium=pf&utm_content=dcs&utm_campaign=PartsGeek ShoppingCom&fp=pp&utm_term=Honda Axle Assembly
tstindustries.com/TST-LED-Integrated-Tail-Light-Honda-CBR600RR-2013-2016.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related

just did a quick 20 min hand wash. northeast salted roads are brutal

Stop making me feel guilty about not washing my cars in a while lol

We don't need to make you feel guilty, the rust does that all on its own.
Can non-functioning/semi-functioning cars be added to the list?

My uncle (actually aunt's husband, we just call him that) said he's looking at the upcoming Type R as a retirement toy, but might need some leverage to convince the wife to be cool with it. She made him settle with a Prius C as a daily so he's gonna have to do some gymnastics to make it work.

Can he pull the "its my damn money" line?

I think it has more interior space than the Prius C so he can pull the practicality excuse out.

Also this.

I haven't washed in months but the only problem is the thick layers of brake dust. It's pretty thick. My front wheels stayed dry yesterday from it.

Could he convince her that 'it's just a civic'?

I've decided to not do shit today. I'll go wash the car and install the tires tomorrow. It's way too spoopy out today.

Yes. The red 92 civic want running when it was added iirc.

>actually aunt's husband
Yes nigga that's your uncle.

Same. Except the spoopy part

I'll need to talk to him about it more, but from what I got out of him was that he wants her to be able to drive it too since they only have one car. He also hinted that IF he gets it, once he's no longer able to drive, he'd give it to me.
I wish. She'd probably see through that once she saw the price.
Aight, good to know.

>he wants her to be able to drive it too

>type R
>in auto

I don't think they'll be offering an auto in it unless they're changing it with the new one? Even the FK2 was manual only. I wonder why that model was even made if they were gonna introduce yet another generation of it two years after it released.

Hue, he'd never do that, and she can drive stick too. It's more like hassle with the bucket seats and arthritis.

If he can't pull that off could at least go for a manual normal hatchback. Looks way better than a Prius.

I was getting worried. You don't know the pain of being by the BMW stand at an autoshow where the husband considers the M5 when the wife chimes in saying to get it in auto so she can drive too.

I'd be cringing hard if I heard that. I went to an autoshow that let you sit in all the cars. It was pretty sweet.

>tfw my favorite car I sat in was the Porsche Cayman GTS

Absolutely. If she skimps on the Type R we're gonna push for an Si.

when i can afford it i want to trade in the tsx for the type r so badly

"we"

You shouldn't try to spend someone else's money on the dream that some day you'll get what they bought.

Maybe you should consider that it wouldn't be "skimping" and maybe their needs don't align with your wants.

Stop being completely fucking selfish and get a job

Kind of been there with my parents desu dad was looking at a Porsche Cayman but mom wasn't having any of it cause he wouldn't "use" it all year so they got a trailer instead kek
>he bitches about it every time he sees my "sporty" car too

Your dad is a cuck, don't grow up to be like him

>trailer instead
What
How do you go from "I want something fun" to a literal box with wheels?

Idk desu he does like to camp though and at least he did use it a bit in the summer but he's been a huge Porsche fan since he was like 16 so I wish he would have went that direction

Nothing like a Cayman to pull that trailer tho B)

Trying to decide the order to build the hatch up.

Right now it has a sluggish D15B1 with a 4spd tranny. Initial research on h-tech and civic4g say that the DPFI to MPFI swap will give it a decent pep. Going to need the multi port jawn anyway in the future as i collect parts for a B series swap.

Right now, the corner lights are hanging on by the wiring. The tabs that are supposed to fit into the chassis broke off so they pop out if I drive over 45mph and hit a bump. I ordered a set of SiR clear (not amber) corner lights out of a 90 jdm SiR. I believe it will fit but the jdm lights only have 1 bulb spot.

Right now there is no oil in it because of the stupid threading problem I had in the oil pan/drain bolt, so an oversized drain plug is on the way (ordered for $4 off amazon). I hope this fixes the problem. If it still leaks, I might have to get an aftermarket oil pan off ebay ($30 replacement).

The new CTR one?

holy fuck i wrote right now 3 times in a row.

WHY

brb im killing myself from embarrassment

>clear corners
Nice
Clear > amber corners

yess

Clear corners aren't DOT legal, so you are giving cops a reason to give you a ticket at literally any moment.

Realistically doing anything that isn't a swap or boost is pretty much playing with your cock. But if you are looking for something to do, yolo

Depends on the state. In Louisiana they can be clear or amber. I had clear with amber bulbs that I plan on going back to.

LA Rev Stat § 32:309 is vague at best, but at a bare minimum would involve converting to amber bulbs if you used clear corners. Another statute says you must run red reflectors in the rear though (no JDM tail lights)

Regardless, not having reflectors for "aesthetic" reasons that only you and your instagram followers are going to notice isn't really worth the extra money.

But you're an adult and you can make your own decisions.

On the topic of headlights what do y'all think of these I'm undecided but just looking for something to not be so stock

thanks for the heads up. from my 2 minutes of internet research it looks like you can use clear or amber corners in my state as long as you have amber bulbs.

regardless, this car isn't going to be a daily so i doubt it will see many miles driving on the roads.

Yeah I understand, I just don't want you to get pulled over and fucked so that the cops can buy more guns. Just lookin out for you homie

Clear corners are fine, you just have to have amber bulbs. Every 94-97 USDM DC2/4 has clear corners.

personally I wouldn't run those with an otherwise stock car, would look out of place. scoop up some coils maybe?

It's about the reflector, the clear corners dont have the amber reflector

Not much point in coils cause I need muh clearance

Ah I get it now. Almost all the Hondas here run aftermarket corners and I haven't heard about anyone pulled over for them.

For my tails they're almost OEM aside from the turn signal which is clear with amber bulbs. Still have reflectors in them.

Any lights that aren't physically stamped with "DOT approved lighting" (or something to that effect) are technically illegal for on road use. It's a technicality but again I never want to give the cops any reason to pull me over.

I drive a missile that looks like an econo shitbox for a reason.

Yeah I don't attract much attention the way I'm sitting now. I even made the car quieter with the new exhaust.

This rain is still going nonstop. I need to get fender liner to stop water getting in through the back of my headlight housings.

Are these good for my 91 si, I'm sick of the clicking when I turn, can anyone recommend some good not too expensive CV axels.

partsgeek.com/g98bgm1-honda-civic-axle-assembly.html?utm_source=shoppingcom&utm_medium=pf&utm_content=dcs&utm_campaign=PartsGeek ShoppingCom&fp=pp&utm_term=Honda Axle Assembly

That should be fine. I think I use that brand in mine. I just grab whatever's cheapest. No clicking after many many miles.

happens to me when i turn left from a stop. i need to look into it as well

They look good. Would cop

Make sure you get the left one too

Applying to oil change place, wish me luck!

Good luck m8. Don't double gasket the filters.

never have
never will

Flip bro here. Will be in USA Jan 22. Looking on cl I see some of these are in my budget. How are 7th gens in general for dd duty? I'm not seeing much decent 5th and 6th gens unfortunately

Cool, I know the answer to this!

They're ok, I guess. Mine doesn't work, but that's more me than the car. My one gripe is the suspension, it's set up to understeer, although tires could fix this.

Thanks for the response. Not really concerned about handling just reliability and cost of maintenance. When it comes to tires I only buy the cheapest second hand units available kek

I think all the EGs and EKs are over by me. Come down to Louisiana sometime. lel

Reliability? Aside from the obvious rust, it takes a ton to keep those things down. Mine won't idle, but it still drives, and can still speed without breaking 2k rpm. Because it stalls over 2k rpm.

My phone should be coming real soon. I'll snap some pics of the neighborhood Hondas finally.

Here's some Mexirice for you.

Wrong reply lol

More pics are sweet, though.

The least good looking (in profile) Civic coupe done up with those things they put on Cadillacs?
I think there's an old Accord here sometimes with weird rear light...coverings? It's like half assembly, half stained-glass by way of sheetmetal or something.

I see riced out fifth gen Accords all the time and they're always so embarrassing. Always the ricer tail lights with an eBay fart can without fail.

There's one I like though and it's a stock white one with Fujiwara Tofu sticker on the doors. Funny enough, he's a delivery driver at Papa John's.

>pic related

Good luck. Triple check the drain plugs has been torqued properly.

Manual one is superior in terms of reliability versus auto

Ah. I think this was a 4th gen I see around.

Finally got the crank bolt off. Only lost one water pump bolt so far. We'll probably find it eventually though.

What is your mission?

Replace head gasket and JBWeld crack on block on a 08 Civic R18.

I won't buy an auto unless I find some too good to pass up, like a stupid throwaway that will pass inspection but is sub 1k

Where in Louisiana? If I can find what I really want I wouldn't mind taking a drive

Anywhere is pretty good. Florida usually has lots of cars but that's a hell of a drive.

Looks like my area is running a little dry. Dallas has a ton of Hondas right now, though.

good luck my friend

Sadness is when you encounter no nihgas on your drives.

Any of you motorcycle bros know where to find a decent integrated taillight turn signal and a rear fender delete kit? Stuck at work and haven't had a chance to do any searching yet. Figured I would ask in here and check back when I get off later.

Nihgas are Honda bros from this thread. Honda bros are the normies. Have you met anyone from hg yet?

Nope.
Rather unfortunate.

tstindustries.com/TST-LED-Integrated-Tail-Light-Honda-CBR600RR-2013-2016.html
It is a 600 right?

Nope used to just browse dbt. All that tells you is you need a dirt bike, your strips are huge, and honda a shit.

Yea it was just added to that collage like a week ago. Will look at that thank you sir

Hello

Hi
Join the collage see

Local Honda behind bars for 15 years, you'll never believe what for!

>there's a break in the rain

I guess I should try to get my tires installed now. It's gonna come back soon.

JUST DO EEET

Holy shit the wind just knocked over a chair on my porch. Spoopy.

Set it up for tomorrow morning. Hundred bucks isn't bad right?

Also that Mothers wheel cleaner is real good. I had a million layers of brake dust.

Nb at all

I found another place thats doing it right now same price. I pulled in and they already had me parking in the spot the change them.

>Tfw VIP treatment

LucasOil is a good brand, no?

fucking pleb

>the rain clears up for a bit right after the tires are installed

They're obviously worse than the DZ102s but I expected worse.

I know, bruh.

running 35 psi all around hoping to get better highway mpgs, is running higher psi better for this?

uhhh....

Whatever that is, it doesn't look gold.

$5 fix, no worries B)

Should be fine removing them. They don't have to be too tight. Torque specs for my lugs is only 80ft/lbs.