What is the dumbest common logic you see on Veeky Forums?

What is the dumbest common logic you see on Veeky Forums?

>weight matters in luxury cars and trucks, and everything should weigh as much as my Miata

literally every other post is something retarded
/ovg/ ruined this board.

people posting on Veeky Forums

Weight matters in everything, not always in the same way or for the same reasons.

You want a truck to be as light as posible as the GVW is fixed in most places by legislation so a 100kg delta in mass directly relates to the payload capacity of the vehicle.

For a luxury car a high sprung mass can be benificial for ride comfort if you have the suspension setup to control it.

nice strawman, nobody on Veeky Forums complains about the weight of luxury boats and trucks. unless you consider your Focus RS or WRX STi as luxury cars.

a general focus on muh performance is dumb as hell

>Cars just under 3k lbs are pigfat

people listening to posts on Veeky Forums

kek, euroweenie detected. here in the good ole usa you can drive anything you want up to 26,000lbs.. so you figure 1000lbs for you and your giant burger wife leaves a truck weighing up to 25,000lbs. Which is great as the unladen weight of the vehicle is a limiting factor for how much you can tow.

So they let ant retard just drive a 26T vehicle with no aditional training? Thank fuck I live in a country with common sence.

>1000lbs for you and your giant burger wife
This is legitimately the case for some people

>calling people retard
>doesn't know how much a ton is.
lol no wonder you communists can't afford 13T vehicles.

But yes they do, normal licensing is pretty low as well, so it can be a little unnerving.

I was driving F-450/550 trucks for my dads company when I was 16, they're not that bad if you aren't in a dense urban area.

>delta

I wish we had cars heavier than Rolls Royces around, like full on steel construction tanks

most of the people on Veeky Forums that will say how shit a modern rolls is has never even been in or driven one so i don't really care about their opinion

>muh manual is best for everything
>muh automatic is faster
>muh pigfat
>muh gtr vs z06

>can drive as big of a gas guzzling land yacht as you want
>CAFE standards make cheap-o 4 banger utility trucks illegal cuz muh pollution

land of the free.

> IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW FAT MY CAR IS ITS FAST ANYWAYS THE SPEEDO SAYS SO

1000kgs and it's spelt tonne no country is still using 2240lb or the craptacular 2000lb anymore, well no real country.

Triggered.

this is what a small penis looks like

>daily drivers must have upwards of 250 hp because apparently you need this much power to accelerate to 60 on a highway ramp or to keep up with with traffic flooring it everywhere

>luxury cars must be RWD because [insert failure to provide reason here]

>towing trailers with regular passenger cars is dangerous because I've never heard of electric trailer brakes before, I'd rather spend hundreds extra a year on fuel for daily driving a pickup instead of getting electric brakes for my trailer, and I think car transmissions are made of glass

>you need a full size pickup to tow an ATV, haul a washing machine or get a few planks of 4x2 once a year, and as soon as you disprove my statement I'm going to resort to "lol it's a free country everyone can drive whatever they want as long as they can afford it (nevermind the trillion dollars of car loans in the US) and if you're against it you're just jelly and poor"

>station wagons suck and SUVs are better in all regards, even a sedan is better than a station wagon you lesbian middle aged dad

Are you sure? Some consider 3500+ lbs pig far on Veeky Forums. Then there is the dipshits who consider 3000+ pigfat

There are good reasons for cars to weigh more than 3000 lbs, but then they're not sports cars anymore. Maybe sports tourers or grand tourers, but not sports cars.

1000kg = 2204 lbs.. So

This entire post

Niggered

Youropoor 0.9l Fiat owning cuck: the post

> F450 = Truck

Mate, real trucks, not toy trucks

>manual is better is because it requires more skill
>FWD is better because it takes less skill

Lap time dick measuring contests to be honest. A second difference in a 1:30-2 min lap ain't shit considering we're all shit drivers.

what is a real truck to you?

I laugh as my challenger smokes every "muh lightweight" and bench racer.

your 2800 lb shit box with 200 hp wont beat 485 hp even on a track

>What is the dumbest common logic you see on Veeky Forums?
fuck me literally everything except the trucker threads
>if its over 5k its shit
>if its newer than 04 its shit
>if its heavy its shit
>if i can't afford it its shit
>if its not under 3k pounds its pigfat
>manual is always better (which is objectively untrue)
>benchracing
>my budget dictates what cars are good
fuck me i could go on for ages. this place is a literal cesspool of faggots living out of their parents basements, working at mcdicks/napa auto parts cranking it over their slow ass civics and everything else is just shit.

Most of Veeky Forums goes full retard when it comes to off roading (actual off roading, not driving on shallow dirt trails)

>power/weight ratio immediately makes a car better
>a lap time around Saguna Leca track by Pandy Robst is the definitive veredict about a car's worth
>"I can judge on a car's dynamic capabilities even if I've never ridden in anything faster than a bus and, uh, oh...a cousin's friend's friend EG Civic with a three-piece discontinued JoJo front end"

so fucking true, Veeky Forums is filled with shitbox owning poorfags

not on Veeky Forums but on most professional online reviews of new cars

>"Look at the plastic used here on this dashboard, it's not soft padded! Come on it's not the 90s!"

I mean, when and why the fuck would you molest and feel the dashboard of a car like a pervert?

Bitching about interiors in general is retarded unless it's extraordinary bad.

>Audi is a luxury brand

>everyone that doesn't agree with me is a shill
>this is somehow an argument that makes your statements invalie and I don't have to bring up actual points for my position

Wanna bet?

My thoughts exactly. A nice interior is great and all that, but car makers have a budget to keep.

Horses for courses. Apparently the course for your shithorse is the highway or dragstrip.

>replying to a post specifically made by an American using American units
>hurr durr it's spelt tonne
>help i'm retarded

that's you my dude, no wonder europe is such a shit hole

Absolutely wrong. If a manufacturer doesn't care enough to provide quality surfaces in the interior to begin with, he also won't care about them lasting, and cars with cheap as shit looking interiors are usually also the ones that start rattling in various places after a year.

Exhibit A: Dad went from a brand new Chevy that rattled like a tin full of screws after two years to an eight years old Volvo that very nearly doesn't rattle at all.

>my cousin is gonna convert his civic to rwd so he can drift
Why? Just. Get. A. 240sx. An okay one will only cost around 9k