>be me
>20 something college boy
>saved ~800 eur to buy project car
>aim is Trabant P50
>maybe some of you remember the a few Trabant threads
>no car of my own actually, drive my pops Seat
>family dinner after New Years
>they all poke fun at me for my project
>the "poke fun" part develops into a full scale argument after they realise I'm actually serious about this
>"But user, all this money for a junk?!?!? Get at least a Golf MK3 if you want a jalopy, eveything else is rubbish"
>All pursue to drop the plan and get a normal car with the "You'll have time to collect rotten-shits later in life".

Well shit, folks. Looks like nobody wants me to live my dream. My uncle even his '95 Volkswagen Passat for 1500 eurobucks "if you're looking for an oldie".

What do folks? Enter "fuck y'all" mode and just buy what I please?

well, it's your money
so do what you want with it

As long as you arn't asking them for any help with the project then it is your choice.

Why the fuck would you want that literal piece of shit, are you retarded?

>I don't have a car
>I'll buy a piece of shit project that I can't even drive when I need to because I'm constantly fixing it

800 eurobucks doesn't sound like a lot of money (or even enough) for a project. The Trabant is a piece of shit, period. College means you probably won't have money to keep up with maintenance. Your family seems reasonable and trying to put you on the right track.
Ask yourself this: do I need a car? And act accordingly.
This.

stopped reading at "project car"

Nope. I made it clear that I am saving whatever cent I can so I can afford to buy and screw around with it a little bit and I clarified to them that by no means do I ask them to spend anything for it.

Look, I've heard it before. The "is a piece of shit" part can apply to any particular car in the eyes of a lot of people. Thing is, this particular shitbox caught my interest so I'll leave hit here. Pretty sure if I said E30 or anything else I would have got similar responses aswell.

800 euros are not "enough". I know. I keep saving from whatever I earn. And yes I know colleges (and even the college-time jobs) aren't enough for maintenance and I'm mostly going with the idea that after I get my licence diploma and become active with a properly paid job I may be able to afford much more for my project. It more a matter of "be sure I secured one" before actually venturing into stuff, even if it might fail like other people failed in this too.

(You)

I've had a similiar kurisumasu and new years.
But ended with dad saying to wait a few months and then he'll help. He knows i'm gonna hoon the fuck out of it anyway.

Anyway it's your money do what you want.
Trabant is a piece of shit in every sense. You've been warned.

normally id agree with you but the fact that you collect anime pics makes me think your parents might be right

>800 bucks
>project car
you should look in the RC segment

In my defense I collect any kind of pics I particullary find funny or I can use as reaction images later.

What I think some of you fail to understand is that 800 bucks is what I managed to save so far. Not the milestone, not the "job well done, I have all the money I need", just the currently existing budget. I am no fool, I know 800 euros is esentially rainwater and can't do much shit with it and I fully aknoweledge a "project" requieres a lot of money that is more than the car's value itself.

look at other cars first.
You can get a lot of neat cars.
I was dead set on an AW11, but after a lot of research I've descided to go for the one car I woved to never go for.

It's your fucking money innit.

good luck finding a p50 for 800€
if you find a ok one, buy it

>no car
>drives his dads car
>wants a Napoleonic era land ship "project"

OP, get a fucking daily first. That car is going to gather rust while you do your assignments and spend all your money on food, instead of fixing it like you're planning too.

>all while you drive your dads comfy car
>not giving a fuck about paying insurance, registration, etc
>you probably dont even pay for petrol
youre a fucking idiot OP

Nitro rc cars are actually cool as shit though

>Trabant P50

I was totally with you OP, till I saw the car.

My fucking sides, why do you want this?!

not OP, but i would kill for a cold war era soviet econobox.

yea not OP either but i would drive the fuck out of that thing.

>till I saw the car
lurk more you filthy casual

it's like the most japanese looking contraption to come out of western society ever

>youre a fucking idiot OP
Why does that make me an idiot? First, they have another car for their use which mostly my mum uses since my dad preffers to walk his way back to work since it's not far from home. Besides, I use it only when needed (going to uni, grocery, stuff like that).

>not giving a fuck about paying insurance, registration, etc
He even said that when I got my own car to hit him and put insurance on his name because he has more years since he got his licence than me and so insurance will be lower. In his words "why give more money to insurance companies?".

>you probably dont even pay for petrol
Aww, have I gotten so low in your eyes?

What's so bad about it? I preffer it over the common, cheaper 601 version. At I find it aesthetically pleasing too. It's like love really, sometimes to some people it doesn't make any sense.

>Enter "fuck y'all" mode and just buy what I please?
The sooner you enter this mode the easier it is.

>be like 8
>want shitty chink steel pirate sword
>parents say no
>walk to bank and withdraw 50 dollars from the good ol' atm
>walk to store
>walk home with bitchin sword.
>put on hat
>parents come home and see me fucking up water bottles in the front yard with an eyepatch, tricorn, and aforementioned bitchin sword
>mom is pissed, dad is just amused
>WHAT ARE YOU DOING
>They don't take refunds, that money is gone
>conversation ended

Basically, your parents will accept you for who you are (after minor bitching), even if they're salty (heh) they raised a pirate captain instead of a scholar.