/classic car general/ - /ccg/

/classic car general/ - /ccg/

Flood Edition.

>Post your classic cars and trucks
>Blog about electrical gremlins
>Pray to the carb gods
>Argue about Mopar vs Ford vs Chevy vs Pontiac vs Buick vs Oldsmobile vs Cadillac vs Packard vs Hupmobile vs Deusenberg vs Auburn vs Edsel vs Cord vs Locomobile vs Hudson vs Studebaker vs AMC vs Graham

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/h54U9991Arc
losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/5914897614.html
hirschauto.com/ENGINE-ENAMEL/productinfo/EE-QUART/CHRY RED/
kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5928245938.html
kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5918778288.html
youtu.be/WO7EOLxs0DE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Flood Edition.
Cheap classics edition you mean.

What was the largest car you'd consider a muscle car?

Ur mum lmao

>that '57 Chrysler
I'd love to have one of those, would have to be a quad headlight model though.

My next car is going to be '57-'59 Mopar of some sort if I can find one cheap enough. I missed out on a pretty clean '59 Desoto 2 door hardtop a few years back.

>TFW had to sell my 79 Caddy this year due to the frame about being ready to snap and me not having the money to fix it

good feel tho if you guys remember AdVentura, i'm buying his 76 ventura end of this month

look for dodge royals, i've seen some in decent condition for about 5k.

68-70 Mopar B bodies maybe, if you only consider muscle mid size cars by definition.

If not, maybe a '70-71 Plymouth Fury GT or 427 Impala

Sucks bro, but also sweet

Friend is checking out my 1976 Lincoln continental right now! I'll give an update if he decides it's a good deal.

youtu.be/h54U9991Arc

losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/5914897614.html

felt real bad man, i miss her

I just watched that exact video like an hour ago.

How cheap did you have to let it go for?

$600. i was worried that with winter coming I couldn't drive it w/ the frame being bad. fucking hate myself for selling it too b/c the winter wasn't even bad. i paid $1300 for the car.

Why is proper Chrysler Red so hard to find?

Hirsch sells it. Not real cheap but quality stuff. Can be sprayed or brushed on I think.

hirschauto.com/ENGINE-ENAMEL/productinfo/EE-QUART/CHRY RED/

Damn user ima have to buy you a kilo, this is exactly what i need.

I know your feel, but for Pontiac's solar gold.

>tfw no classic ih

Really like this one: kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5928245938.html

But then: kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5918778288.html

They're still checking it out. Pics of the problems with the car

Been sitting for a year BTW with a 460 4 barrel carb

Interior is 10/10 though

Last

My friend has a guy who can replace the top for 600.

i'm in love with this trunk

>Vinyl roof
Why do I find these so appealing when in good condition

It's the tuxedo roof apparently if I remember correctly. But I'll probably be putting vinyl

Oh shit nigga it's got filigree design side molding.
Buy this thing

Friends making sure there's no gunk in the fuel tank before they drive it so they went to oriellys

Didn't even notice till you pointed it out.

The guy is moving and already has his whole house empty, so pretty sure I can get a good deal. My friend is a really good negotiator. Way better than I am

Good luck man. How much you think you can get it for?

bumpage

1600. I'll be buying it on the 5th after I get home from trucking

Hell of a deal

Great price. I'm paying $500.00 more for a '79 Bill Blass Mark V because it's a highly-optioned coupe, but your car will be nicer; until I'm done with it.

Ever see Burt Reynolds in "White Lightning"?

Great movie

Good deal

Who doesn't love Burton Reynolds?

Damn you, autocorrect...

Yeah but an LTD isn't really a muscle car. It's cool and I like it, but not muscle really and yes I know it's probably a 429, but those 4 on the floor shots were from a Mustang,
I said the Fury GT earlier because it got the stripes and badges which are muscle car features, I shouldn't have said Impala because IMO again it doesn't really count,

#
Yeah, just changed them this fall. They're PST 1.03 bars.

Impala 409 is most def a muscle car. Beach boys even wrote a song about it.

Bruh that was a '71 Galaxie 500.

I couldn't remember if it was an ltd or galaxie. same car either way though.

How do I get the driveshaft off. I have the u-bolts out but it's stuck.

smack it with a rubber mallet, 2x4, whatever.

Big screwdriver behind the u joint and pry against the yoke.

>you will never drive your 69 Camaro while drinking a beer and listening to Beast of Burden while being stalked by a possessed Plymouth Fury

>that feel when no qt Plymouth waifu.

What would you guys say is the most masculine muscle car? I'm not asking what would make YOU look the most manly, but like, if it weren't considered gay, a car you'd call "he" rather than "she".

'68 charger hands down

1970 Dodge Coronet

She's pretty.

A few more photos of the Lincoln that is buying on Thursday for $1600 (originally 2100)

The guy is moving and has his house cleared out already, and I think he already has a flight booked for the day of the sale.. So I might yank down the price a bit just to be an ass hole, but probably not

Needs a new power steering pump and a new fuel pump

coronets/bees are fucking awesome. easily my favorite grille

Here's an update on the list

You even have the block yet?

Nah I'm waiting until I buy an engine stands then I'm going to rip a 5.0 out of a 97+ explorer

>buying an intake and carb before you even buy the block

I mean I know what I'm going with, and I've researched what parts I want. The engine is the easiest thing to get because it's the most common part to find

Why don't you take the rear end from the explorer too? Don't all of them have 3.73 Traction-lok?

Because I've got a Dana 60 with 4.11s already on there. Would love to swap to 3.73 gears with an LSD though

I've done this several times. I bought the front end for a 1965 Imperial before I bought my 1966. For me, it's all about the deal. If I know I'm going to get a car, I buy whatever rare parts for it I anticipate needing or would like to have spares of on hand.

What's the car at 3:50?

youtu.be/WO7EOLxs0DE

A Dodge Challenger

Superbird

desu I would rather daily something with 3.73 gears and a LSD than 4.11.

Me too, but it's also cheaper to just use what I've had

3rd gen Nova

There's just something about them, personified they would be a heavy set 50 year old biker who could destroy your face with his meaty fists if you say "fuck Trump." They're just fucking gritty and sketchy looking. The small rectangular tail lights, the 'leaning over you' looking front end, just built super bare bones so they could literally live forever in a nuclear holocaust'd world

Nova's come patina'd and have a lead pipe under the seat for bashing skulls from the factory

see: Deathproof

Too small. Novas are for secretaries like the mustang, unless it's a Yenko or 375 horse 396.

3rd gens are barely smaller than a same year Chevelle. 67 and earlier is a bit smaller but still a large car all things considered

>Novas are for secretaries
Maybe the women who bought Novas wanted to be a fucking big burly biker guy

No. Novas, Valiants and Falcons were literally the Civics and Corollas of their day.

I'm well aware my dude

I imagine if you went to your average junkyard to pick up the 302 you could get the rear differential from the same car for cheap

Yeah but that's more work.
This way he can see how the 4.11s do then think about the rear diff another time

He could probably get a 9 inch for a couple hundred.

He's a notorious asshole IRL, not that I give a shit

>le ebin mustached false machismo mediocre actor man

Dude you are fucking lucky as shit, that's a Diamond Jubilee edition that you just got for an insanely low price. That BJ plaque is the original buyers initials. Only available on Diamond Jubilee editions of Lincolns

>install Grant wheel
>miss my old stock wheel
fuck

This is true, but it's a lot of work to convert an 8 lug car with a perfectly fine rear end to a 5 lug car with a completely different sized rear end.

>Downgrqading from a Dana 60 to a 8.8" or 9" in a truck.
WHY

>tfw im stuck in Grand Junction CO because I calculated my hours wrong, so I have to miss my appointment with the Lincoln buyer and he's flying out thursday

Where is he?

CA.

Im getting my friend to buy it for me though.

There's problems with it, but im going to love it to its fullest extent.

I'll post lots of pics when I see it on Thursday or friday

>TFW have the flu
>Been pissing out my ass for 10 hours
This sucks

I'm pretty jelly. That's a total mr. Lahey car

>That's a total mr. Lahey car
kek totally is

You going to hop up the 460 at all?

I know that feel
>Been sick for 2 and 1/2 weeks with brutal cold
>Finally feel better Monday and Tuesday last week.
>Tuesday night get woken up at 2 am with horrible ear pains, ear won't pop and pressure just builds up when I do pop it a little.
>On antibiotics and barely hear out of left ear .

Fuck winter time

This is genuinely terrible. My body is just not happening. I can barely move or think.

Test