Why does the Miata get so much hate? I get that the styling is a bit feminine, but the car itself is pretty solid...

Why does the Miata get so much hate? I get that the styling is a bit feminine, but the car itself is pretty solid. Plus it has a nicer butt than most girls I've met.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-WNRlyeoETw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Barbie car stigma, isn't a straight line monster. But you knew this already and wanted a shitposting thread.

Probably because it's gay.

The wrong kind of fag car, the one that screams "down my throat, not up my butt"

Dude, is the best selling sports car in the history of the world.

Just because bus riders in a Vietnamese Weaving Forum like to fun post about it, doesn't mean is hated.

I bought a ND, and still havent regretted. Damn car is so much fun, and handles amazingly

30k for a vert with 150hp and poor build quality.

Why not buy a clean NB for 6k instead?

LGBT

ND has way better torque, faster. Also looks way better imo

ND is the worst looking car in Mazdas current line up.

Does the small performance difference really justify the 24k price difference?

You could have a fiesta ST and a NB project car for the same price as a Club ND

for the price the car needs to have a horse power to match other cars in that price range.

all inline 4 engines should make 200hp as a bare bones minimum for "sporty" cars. I can understand a gas saver having 120hp or something.

Also with an "ecoboost" turbo this car could make 250hp easily and would be a wonderful roadster.

There is no excuse for making the same horse power from 25 years ago with better and new tech. My 1993 Nissan made 155hp horse power from a 2.4Liter

What comparable roadster is being sold brand new for 25, or even 30k right now?

Oh right there isn't one lol.

>mazda
>poor build quality
No

You also realize it doest weigh anywhere near what other cars do...

postin my ND

every miata is the worst looking car in mazda's lineup of all years

>Cheap
>Light
>Power

You can ONLY pick two and most sports/performance cars adhere to this rule.

I know everyone freaks over the straight line speed, but is anyone else mega impressed that the new mx5 is 30-60kg heavier than the original, makes 40 more hp and gets from 0-60 in 5.8 when the original was (Claimed) 8.1 but really closer to 9 unless you have the right diff? And the fact that the BRZ is a good half a second slower doesn't ever come up in conversation? also what competitors to the mx5 in the same price range actually beat this 0-60 significantly? (Now, my first thought would be the mustang obviously but you amerifarts do need to remember mustangs are quite a few price brackets above an mx-5 in all other global markets) And more importantly which of these beat it's 0-60 significantly enough to warrant their other driving qualities being worse than the mx-5 ?

Also for the record i like the styling, the rear end is no NA but it's quite nice in real life, and the front end looks great, even better with the lip. Also black windshield surround is godmode. (Fuck that silver windshield surround shit)

>low power
>convertible
>lightweight
>I4
Hairdresser car

because of autistic na fanboys

Not our fault that Mustangs are expensive in your shitty poor country

Well i'm actually based in a country with a better credit rating than trumpland but sure. Point is, the mustang isn't a viable alternative unless you belong to a country which takes up 0.04% of the worlds population.

more importantly the people looking at an mx5 typically dont cross shop heavy muscle cars

I'm honestly just struggling to think of enthusiast cars in the price range and i know the mustang is one that comes up alot.

I would give a mustang or similar a look-see while I were out shopping. It's not the scooty little roadster I think I desire, but you never know what might wind up crumbling your cookies. That sort of thing definitely comes up in the price range in the US used market, and if you're going through the trouble of private sales then you might as well check out the alternatives.

>Comes up in the price range used
I thought stangs and mx5's were similar in price new in the US?

If not, why the fuck are we talking about them.

Still looking for enthusiast vehicles in a similar price range, still got nuthn.

Your definitely on to something.

The ND is a great bang for your buck. Have read several reviews that simply state the ND is a great all around sports car and can be in many ways considered an entry level Porsche.

I like all kinds of cars and could have easily bought a much more expensive muscle car like a mustang GT or Dodge challenger but they don't compare. I am not talking out of my ass either I basing this off direct first hand experience in these cars. They all feel like riding in a heavy over sized boat, with shitty driving dynamics. Also been in beast machines like Ford raptors and in brothers ford lightning. They are all big fast powerful cars but the driving experience is lacking, all they have is power nothing else.

Their is a reason why the mx-5 is the greatest selling roadster of all time, it offers an amazing driving experience.

I don't know about new. Used, though, if you're looking for manual RWD, from my experience something like somebody's questionable Mustang will start to show up by the time you start finding high-mileage MX-5s.

Inexpensive manual RWD in the US is an increasingly rare beast, unfortunately.

>Plus it has a nicer butt than most girls I've met.

Lol OK.

So the shitty transmissions and soft tops that are already ripping is just bad luck then?

I can't wait to see how quickly the first year NDs fall apart over the next decade.

that shit got fixed in the 2016 version and covered under warranty to the couple people it happened to
keep up dumb phone poster

I see SCCA guys talking on Facebook about going through gearboxes left and right, Mazda keeps giving them new ones but they aren't fixing the problem that causes them to fail.

"in that price range"

If it had 200hp, it'd probably have the same 0-60 as a Porsche Boxster.
The Boxster costs twice as much and is not in its price range.

Yes, but i think in a chassis this light 40 extra HP is too much.

It's already powerful enough for what it is, i don't know how people do v8 swaps in them.

This is a car most sports cars makers hate because:

1. Inexpensive

2. Reliable.

3. Durable.

4. Inexpensive to fix.

5. Excellent road feedback and handling that won't let amateurs get in over their heads easily.

Sure, it isn't sexy in the same way virtually all other sport cars are, but they are more expensive,

Only sports car in the "Recommended" category in the Lemon Aid Car Guide

"Couple"

OK user.

Mazda fucked up by not making ND a cute. Giving it the angry eyes makes it look retarded, like the kid who got hit in the head with basketballs too much.

my biggest issue with the MX-5 is you would think a light and low displacement car would get fuel economy....but it doesn't. it averages around 28 which is fucking pathetic. i agree with the other poster however. there is no reason mazda can't add a factory turbo with some low boost to get 50+hp out of it

They did that already. It's called the fiata

ND is OK. SFR is our true Savior though

Did that stop you from buying one? If you take the BRZ for instance, it's nice that the mpg isn't total shit since you have to put premium in it.

But who cares? The point is to have a fun toy on the cheap. Heated seats are noice and all, but they suck anyway, so let's have some real fun what say first of all. Get it together and then maybe I'll fatten the deal with heated seats.

Because for the same price you can get something alot faster with a better drive train setup than a fucking Miata

>base Miata starts at 25$K all the way up to 30fK for fucking 155HP (fucking kek)

>base Subaru wrx starts at 26.5$K
>268hp DIT DOHC turbo. Symmetrical AWD

>Inb4 power to weight ratio
900 pound difference between the two.
If you guys truly cared about it I guess.

bingo

Well yes, because roadsters a shit

You cunts just don't get it...
Plenty of people have a fast daily driver that can haul ass off the lights. Hell look how fast V6 Camrys are. But it's not limited to that. There are also V8 sedans and AWD rice/kraut rockets etc etc.

These people buy an MX-5 to enjoy a spirited drive through the hills on the weekend with the top down. Here, this car can't be beaten, not even by the aforementioned vehicles. And not just in cornering speed, but sheer enjoyment.

I'd like to get one in the future

What's a car that says "I want it down my throat AND up my butt"?

except they did fix it it, all cars built after sept 2016 use a new part # for a few of the gears
also just cause people are posting it on facebook doesnt mean shit, there is a documented list of people who have experienced the problem on miata.net, and a ton of people have not experienced, its a big problem which is why so many people talk about it, even though its a relatively low frequency problem.
you can stop shitposting now

My ND averages 36mpg daily driving, averaged 39 on a road trip on the hilly interstates of the west edge of the East coast. Shit would be above 40 easy on i95. And that's on 87 octane

Find me one other modern car in the price range that has unequal length wishbones on all wheels.

I'll wait.

Should say, 87 American octane with a manual 2.0l

>I consider this a factor in my purchase
>damage control
Just admit the wrx is a better buy for the price tag.

it's because all the people who hate on cars like the miata, gt86 and such are usually immature, lesser skilled drivers who only do drag pulls.
Since they lack skill to tackle a corner, they view any car that doesn't have an 900 horsepower v8 in it as a shit car, because it can't gurantee them victory against a honda civic.

because it's small and has a small engine

regardless of what people on Veeky Forums say, they all want big cars with big motors that are perfect for big open highways and stoplight racing

however some of us live near nice driving roads, and would be perfectly happy with a miata

Because its a gay roadster. Mazda could easily make it a coupe but fuck heterosexuals

Because it's slowerthanaslowerthanaminivan.

ND is my number one wanted new car, and I still can't help but funpost about it. It's just so easy to bully.

>sports car
Here's your reply

Are you a literal faggot or a girl? You really want a convertible go kart to define as sporty? Lmfao

>convertible go kart
>not the pure distilled essence of sporty

>heels were intact
>picture clearly shows one of the women with her heels off

Oh boy, I love fake stories on the internet from attention seeking retards.

The ND is a great all around car

I live in a crowded city and it does well for me

>soft suspension, so shit roads arent too bad
>easy to merge into lanes
>Great torque, can cut in anywhere easily
>excellent braking
>easy to find parking
>being a convertible makes depressing boring city driving fun

No it isnt, the new gen WRX's are shit

Ask any real subie vape fag and they will tell you the same.

My ND also averages around the same. ND has some of the best MPG's in sports car category

It goes a lot higher than 30k, lol. Like I said, the miata is a good car, but not for 30k. The whole reason the car even has a cult following is because you can pick up a perfectly good NA or NB for less than $3k and get 99% of the experience you would get from a ND

Meh that argument is weak, also vaguely feels like a poor mans argument

why get new corvette, when older gen can give same experience

>why get a new porsche when older gen can give same experience

I can go on and on, but you see the pattern?

Your basically saying that all these new gens dont have improvements to them. The ND most definitely big improvements over older gens. Also not everyone wants to deal with a used car that they dont fully know how well its been serviced and looked after.

So it's priced like an entry level Mustang or Camaro but has an HP/CW ratio not much better than a basic Fiesta or Sonic?

>I don't have an argument so I will go with this
>(You)

>Because for the same price you can get something alot faster with a better drive train setup than a fucking Miata

being faster doesnt always mean a faster drive train setup, their is along list of piece of crap cars that are have have powerful drivetrains

>Inb4 power to weight ratio
900 pound difference between the two.
If you guys truly cared about it I guess.

You should never downplay weight in a car. A cars weight makes a massive difference in a how car handles, and responds to a drivers inputs. Its the whole reason why heavier muscle cars are difficult to control and always get crashed.

Also engineering explained(who is a known subaru fan, chose the ND over the BRZ, s2000, and fiata. Simply because of the superior driving experience on it.

youtube.com/watch?v=-WNRlyeoETw

BCOZ OF GT86. Every1 understood superior cars exist.

>900 pound difference between the two.

>haha who cares about 900lbs that's nothing
>im 450lbs that's only 2 of me

fucking brutal

mustang