/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, December 30th:
1066 – Granada massacre: A Muslim mob storms the royal palace in Granada, crucifies Jewish vizier Joseph ibn Naghrela and massacres most of the Jewish population of the city.
1853 – Gadsden Purchase: The United States buys land from Mexico to facilitate railroad building in the Southwest.
1916 – Russian mystic and advisor to the Tsar Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin was murdered by a loyalist group led by Prince Felix Yusupov. His frozen, partially-trussed body was discovered in a Moscow river three days later.

>News
CK2 DD35: Who ordered these monks?
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dd-35-who-ordered-these-monks.989846/

EU4 - 13/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-13th-of-december-2016.988299/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urk
poal.me/1t5ipq
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

white

what the what

Reminder that Saint Joan was not a whore and was pure, proven by the Church.

Based Erdogan

t.urk

not really

Based.

Has anyone heard of IMPERIUM for HoI3?

Description
>The mod is intended to complete HOI3. It follows the guidelines and rules of the vanilla game. Plus, it adds an American Civil War, the Rainbow Plans and a new monarchy option in Spain. The aim of the mod is get a better management of the game. It includes: The mod is translated into English and Spanish New added start date: 1898.The possibility of further optionally starting in 1935 is maintained 200 new nations 134 totally new units Two game modes: normal and apocalypse The units interface has been improved Resource storage system The world record of several nations is widely enlarged. Colonial revolutions Chinese Civil War Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Falklands War III World War European Union creation Rainbow Plans

and more shit but at that point I started cumming and had to make a ModDB account so I can dl it.

Is it as fuckign GOAT as it sounds?

the fuck is an urk?

While American mechanized forces flood into Tunisie and British-held Morocco, the first great naval engagement of the war happens off the coast of the Maritimes.
6 newly launched carriers with screens of the American Union navy under admiral Benson engaged 3 British carriers, 7 battleships, 4 battle cruisers, and one heavy cruiser under the command of the skillful Admiral Horton.
The battle ended disastrously for the British, ending with the loss of nearly 20,000 sailors, 6 battlships, all 3 carriers, and hundreds of aircraft. The victory can primarily be attributed to the AUN's ability to seize complete air supremacy and not allow the enemy's battleships to engage.
Canada has lost the vast majority of its Atlantic naval fighting capability since the beginning of their long war against the Internationale, and the syndicalists have since been able to harass the coasts with impunity, especially since having taken Newfoundland island several years ago. The AUS had previously not been aware of the amount of men and materiel the UoB had stationed on the island, and had assumed it was being used primarily as a naval and air base to harass Canada. However, it soon became apparent that the syndicalists intended a full invasion of the mainland.

Someone please respond

>mudslime
>based

Nice delusions mate.

Reminding everyone how many major expansion packs for each game Paradox has made. Just in case anyone forgot.

Europa Universalis: 0
Europa Universalis II: 0
Hearts of Iron: 0
Victoria: 1
Crusader Kings: 1
Hearts of Iron II: 2
Europa Universalis III: 4
Europa Universalis: Rome: 1
Hearts of Iron III: 3
Victoria II: 2
Sengoku: 0
Crusader Kings II: 12 (ongoing)
March of Eagles: 0
Europa Universalis IV: 9 (ongoing)
Stellaris: 1 (ongoing)
Hearts of Iron IV: 1 (ongoing)

here's some dots

Take the opportunity that will give you the most future opportunities.
Or think about what your character would do and then do that.

Who are you playing? Jerusalem?

Jesus fucking christ

>there's still YEARS of EU4 and HoI4 until those series have a chance to be good again
FUCK

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urk
Urk is a based fishing village.

EUIII had the best expansions of any Paradox game in terms of improvements.

They're never going to be good again.
Paradox has tapped into the casual market and they're never leaving.

>implying they will ever be good

No chance man, its all dumbing down... ahem i mean, streamlining from now on.

>They will fuck Vic in the ass next

looks pretty white too

>freedom party only 8% of the vote
might not be as based as you think though

No, that would require some actual thought. If they're going to make another "mainline" game, it'll be CK3

Taurica. I rule over the entire Caucasus, and through a strange series of marriages Central Italy too.
Both of these areas border massive countries though. There is little room to expand for any of them.

It doesn't matter because the trends in game design are leaving the sweet spot that made grand strategy fun in the first place.

I personally can't stand the maps and interface in the newest generation of games. I've seen map mods that make CK2 almost bearable, although it doesn't matter so much for that game because it's not strictly about map painting anyway. EU4 and HOI4 are truly awful in terms of map and interface though.

Victoria II is the most appealing game visually by far, to me, with EU3 and HOI3 also looking acceptable (early EU3 was pretty bad but they fixed it). People say Sengoku has the prettiest map, and I suppose it is pretty in an "artistic" sense, but it's not actually a good interface for a game.

Oh of course, we will Victoria DLC for EU4 though

But that's not really fucking Vicky in the ass. It will go down as an expansion for the abortion that is EU4, not V3.
Victoria has died a peaceful death in Paradox's eyes.

>CK2 and EU4

diddaigund

Never forget
Its Swedes.
Thats what they do.

It's too bad in EU4 that I can't form a "north german confed" or a "south german confed" because that's all I ever get close to forming . Can never unify all of Germany or get HRE reformed. Anyone else ever get this issue?

They mostly vote for the christian parties, which are a bit cucked. But the PVV is growing in support there and they voted 80% against in the Ukraine referendum.

W&B

I hate all of you so much.

SARACEN GO HOME

poal.me/1t5ipq
poal.me/1t5ipq
poal.me/1t5ipq

vastly significant poll

why not though

>conquering British clay

>not conquering British clay

Argentine cannot even conquer themselves to 100% white country, and you want them to go on GB?

>after some 200 years game gets boring so you just revert to older save file hoping thins will play out differently
Anyone else doing this?

t. R&I

>Argentine cannot even conquer themselves to 100% white country

What to do now?

you ruined half a continent and now the world is letting you ruin half another one
you can't keep getting away with this
give those colonies to germany immediately

Play a good game for a change.

Download HPM

anyone want to do hpm mp

What the fuck is going on in Canada?

play hpm

he's probably still italian though isn't he

My bastard son married my sister

Why would Estonia care about the pope? Literally the most secular country in Europe.

Sicilians were spawned by niggers.

If he's Italian, then 70% of Argentines are Italian.

Despite several years of building up the airforce in preparation for the war, the AUS high command was shocked by the Internationale's air power. American fighters found themselves outmatched against French and British jet interceptors, disrupting the American doctrine of air supremacy.

Both of his parents are Italian immigrants from northern Italy.
>Mario Bergoglio was an Italian immigrant accountant born in Portacomaro in Italy's Piedmont region
>Regina Sívori was a housewife born in Buenos Aires to a family of northern Italian (Piedmontese-Genoese) origin

Based.

White.

why did you land him in the first place

Did the Syndies ever stop being broken as fuck in this mod? I doubt it cause the dev team are communist faggots but I thought I'd ask

He's a pretty good general and I needed to give someone the land after I smacked the Omanis because they kept declaring holy wars on me despite losing every time. Doesn't matter anyway, since the marriage is matrilineal.

Well Germans win 75% of time.
Last patch did help CSA alot in Americas- they went from 10% winrate to about 80%.
Union state never wins.

He is unironically 100% Italian, though.

Wait what

I've played through the first few years of six KR games in 1.8 and Union State was won twice, the USA once and the CSA the other three.

Who should I play in Kaiserreich for a good first-time game?

Ive had CSA winning 5 times in a row.
Japan/Russia/Commie India

Honduras.

For some reason every single country has only one type of admin advisor in 1444

Not Japan. Their event chains break a lot.

We're havin' a party

This, really interesting country in kaiserreich

I was kicked out of Italy, can't smash on Netherlands because of their allies and was peaced out without getting Gibraltar.

I'm half the game in already so I might as well continue.

Don't know myself how that happened.

I gave it a quick try. The game runs slower and what it offers just doesn't weight that out.

Rate this one.

what was your strategy?

your capital better be cusco

Is Hoonis Rebel and Warmongers worth taking over HIP and CK2+?

nothing will replace HIP, the map is too beautiful to replace

How much does modding out India actually help CK2 performance?

considerably, even more so after that Meneth patch

Is there anything like Viet Events? I want flavour without the anime memes.

it stops you from making india islamic

what is the event number for the vic 2 systematic extermination event?

i want to meme and cheat the balkans german

HPM doesn't want you to have fun sorry

b-but muh osterreich

it's 4433, but firing it with the console gives 50 infamy a pop (which I guess doesn't really matter if you're already cheating)

4433 for the initial event
2100 also reduces nonaccepted cultures by 5%

>WORRY.jpg

IT COMES

PANIC

HELP

Not counting sea tiles India proper should be 349 provinces (ID 1114-1463), making it roughly five times the size of the HRE in 1066. Imagine five HREs, but each one of them has a higher holding count on average (more holdings = more characters) and they all have new events, religions, decisions and wars that hog performance.

tl;dr yes disabling India will give a noticeable performance boost

why dont you have it set to historical?

Make your peace with the lord, as his cleansing wrath has come to make the world anew

historical is for pussies that want to hide from the plague for 600 years

and this game is from before reaper's due so I didn't have the fucking option otherwise i would have just to make the mongols that much harder

I have prepared for this day

Kyrie eleison

Union state just won in my game, but Long was too much of a pussy to annex the PSA.

So I bought HOI3 and I am trying to learn how to play. I did the tutorial but I didn't actually learn anything, is there more to it?

I played for a bit as Germany, declared on France, and took them and Poland but Italy is not in the war. Why is this and when do they join?

Started as Peru, let the Bolivians suffer from attrition during their early war then declare independence through decision

After that just slowly eat Bolivia, was put in the US sphere so it was pretty easy

After that just focus on literacy and industry techs, your only real rival will be Brazil, and by the time you fight them your tech should be fine