Realistically, can you afford your car?

Realistically, can you afford your car?

Other urls found in this thread:

annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/5912326732.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Car cost me $5k cash. Needs about $100 of maintenance every month. Gas costs about $200/ month for my driving habits and $100/month insurance. I take home about $7k every month. I think I can afford it.

The passat may be a piece of shit, but it's my reliable piece of shit. The only time I don't love it is whenever I'm working on it and some random plastic clip breaks.
Then there's the civic. I could have put down sticker price cash, but since I'm young and stupid with no credit history in the US, figured 9% was worth getting some good credit history. It was also a manual civic at the end of the production year in at a large dealership, si it was ~2k under msrp.

Bought it with cash, so I'd say yes.

Who couldn't afford a 2002 miat?

>$5000 for 2002 WRX wagon
>$700 for snow tires+steelies
>Gas costs way too much
>Oil is more expensive but lasts longer since synthetic

I should have just gone with a bog standard impreza or kept my old Outback wagon, but dammit the turbo is so addictive.

I'm tempted as well.
annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/5912326732.html

>Needs about $100 of maintenance every month
own a honda or a gm?

learn to park, you fucking dipshit

I bring home 10k/mo and my car not is 1108. Insurance is 125/mo, and my house is 1315. I think I've got it covered.

Yamaha r6 2007 paid for. Japanese reliability
2015 Yamaha fz-07 will be paid for next month
Foxbody mustang paid for.

All reliable vehicles. But I might spend money on the foxbody restoring it to original. I justify the expense as my hobby as it is the only thing I spent my money on.

Both cars are mine, and the space next to the civic can't have anything in it. I'd rather take advantage of that.

>Car payment $540
>Insurance $140
>Gas $80

>Make $2300 a month

Y-Yes...

That's not the image I used, but okay.

Yes, I can afford my 20 year old toyota truck. Don't owe anything on it, but I do have to fix it semi-regularly.

So far it's been:
Plugs and Wires
Starter
Both CV Axles
Injector

It needs:
Power Steering Pump
New Tires

I want to do:
New radio
New Windshield
New Bumpers

All in all I pay less for the maintenance on it than I would for a payment on something else, and any car worth around the same amount is going to need a similar amount of work. Now that I own a house with a good sized garage I'll probably keep it for a while.

The passat is parked fine, but if that space can't have ANYTHING in it, why is your shitbox hanging over the side?

It isn't parked over the gridded space. It's just far to the left of the marked parking space. Are you blind?

>still have 3-500 a month surplus after all my bills
Yeah I'd say so.

holy shit, hold your autism back please. Literally everyone who gives a fuck about their car parks like this in spaces like those.

kys famallama

>having a car payment
>Not buying cash

Found all the fucking losers in a single thread

>I'm poor so I bought my $1000 shitbox with all the money I made from my McDonalds job.

They're both paid off and mechanically sound, so yeah 50 bucks a month for gas and an oil change every often is pretty affordable by any standard.

Yea I have a 2003 caddy cts (I know it's shitty didn't know that before I bought it) my computer went out and the dealership just told me it's 516 for the part 3 hours of labor (115 an hour) and 119 to flash it is would do it myself but I don't own a tech 2

Paid for it in cash. 2012 FWD econobox. I4 1.6 engine. Of fucking course I can afford it. And I love it. Insurance is fucking cheap here in the 3rd world, to booth.

90s Nissan lol. Yea, not super reliable but worth it anyway.

What job?

>famallama
>kys

no

Sounds like you're digging yourself into a hole. Have you considered a cheaper alternative?

>$200 in gas

holy fucking commute batman

I did some math and realize I completely over-estimated haha. Oh well. Closer to $70-100.
"Engineer", whatever you want to believe that means.

Only if its in 1/18 scale

Both my cars combined were only $3500 (one was 2000, the other was 1500), insurance is 30 a week since I'm le young street racer xd, and I make enough a month to support that, so yes kinda.
Idk if this is cheating but the 1500 car isn't registered or insured, yet. I'm waiting until summer. It's a Miata so it shouldn't be terribly bad money wise

we live in debit economy now
the idea is that you don't buy things or ever pay them off
you rent objects for your time
this is espsaly true with dead of title
where the only thing ensureing the property right is the goverment
and if you die without will or next of kin the ownership of land retuns not to free hold but rather the goverment and what ever they wish to do with it

saved money does not keep pace with inflation
and invested money can go bust at any moment

.tldr
you may as well be hoarding Disney dollar tokens or orchids