discord.gg/mJyavyj
youtube.com/watch?v=cQjzms0VAR0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Miyazaki sucks edition

Scholar PC; Can somebody

a) Drop me Mirrah Hat
b) Help me kill Avaa

SL and SM you babby

Anyone got a high quality phone background of the Hunter's Mark?

Also to respond about BB's quality :
Sony poured money and dev time into BB because they couldn't have their killer app game be an unfinished janky mess. The involvement of Japan Studio in BB's development also likely played a non-insignificant role to BB being amazing.

But if it was Bamco's fault alone, DeS would be properly finished. Sony/Fatlus gave no fucks then but thankfully they do now.

SL148
1.5m SM

This might be the worst pasta since 4 with the Hidden 5th stuff.
>inb4 it was the same person

Who is your Souls husbando ?

Miyazaki doesn't suck, he just takes credit / is given credit for a lot of things he didn't do, and he makes just as many mistakes as he gets things right. Like most video game company heads.

It's an okay post but it doesn't need to be fucking pasta'd at the start of every thread

Do you have the Name-engraved ring?
Also, did you pick the Eye of the Priestess this time?

Yes, it's just that I have 105 AGL and yet I still get hit by this cunt's attacks, and my estus feels way too fucking slow for this agility.
I don't have name engraved ring

At Scott-King Jundifer :
The 6th Archstone is flat out unfinished. You can say it was cut but the intro cutscene alludes that it's a part of the game but it's not.

And even in it's unfinished state Demon Ruins / Lost Izalith is a fully functional set of levels and in my personal opinion on par with Stonefang Tunnel (that's not saying either was good lol).

You're rolling at the right time, but in the wrong direction. Hug his back legs.

Well whatever, at least it generates discussion.

This is inaccurate. If you liked DeS, you should love DS3 and if you liked DaS1 the best, you'll likely love BB.

DaS2 is good if you loved KF4.

They only cost 5500 souls, the cat in Majula sells it. Once you have it, equip it, pick a god and tell me which one, so I can help you
Avaa has tricky times for dodging, but once you get the timing is easy. I had to kill it quite early to get a weapon from the DLC and I basically couldn't get hit.

You don't have ANY characters between 1.4m - 2.5m?

If you use tiny soap I can get you from 1.3m - 2.75m.

I like DeS and DaS2, but hate DaS1 and DaS3.

So I have a third party controller and it doesn't seem to work with DaS 3. I checked the pastebin and it doesn't seem to have any relevant issue to my problem so I brought it here. I also looked around online, but all the info I could find was for xbox or playstation controllers. Does anyone here know how to get a 3rd party controller working for DaS 3?

>DaS2 is good if you loved KF4.
I loved KF4 mostly for level design and DS2 is so shit in that regard it hurts.

Alright, just put my sign in front of Avaa.

Is there a tiered rolling system based on equipment load in Dark Souls 3, the same way as Dark Souls 1?

Is it basically stupid to go above 25% equip load or whatever arbitrary value it is?
Because I like to wear knight armor but if this game is true to Souls tradition that is probably a stupid idea [again]

>Gets damaged
>Still counts as a successful parry anyway
Was "half-parrying" the worst design choice of the entire Souls franchise? It ruins player versus player interaction. Why should he get a fully successful parry if the game consciously recognizes that his parry was so late that he takes damage from the attack?

If that was the dumbest design choice then the second dumbest design choice was definitely the hornet ring.

Souls is picky about that shit for some reason. I went through hell making these games recognize my DS4, which really pisses me off because Sony promised official drivers but ended up releasing a shitty little USB thing that you can purchase.

What program are you using to manage the controller? If none then your computer is probably recognizing it as some flavor of Xbox controller and you might need to find a program that will be compatible with Souls. Does this controller work with the previous games?

DS3 tiers are 0-29 and 30-69

Same exact roll animation with identical iframes

Fast roll covers a lot more distance

Mid roll is a lot shorter and has poise frames towards the end of the roll, to avoid rollcatches

Coming

That's just lag. Or in the case of DaS3 it might as well be a game mechanic because of how often it happens in PvE...

Not sure if it was you, but I got summoned by a really laggy host.

Not seeing you

It did, but I believe I needed some sort of "fix" to make it work for them too. I am currently not using any 3rd party programs to manage it, most games I play recognize it and I can configure the controls in the options. Are there any programs or fix files you could recommend?

>tfw new player
>tfw mobility is always better than defense
>tfw wanted to play tanky knight character

why live

I'm a bit rusty, but that did the job.

Scholar finally done DLing
Is there a way to play faith-heavy? Never played Vanilla but I seem to remember everything but the basic Lightning spell being locked behind a covenant.

DaS2 is good if you loved Armored Core

If I want a melee game that allows practical dual wielding, a huge quantity of similar weapons to tweak and customize with, more emphasis put on equipment, strategy, and build rather than stats or reaction time, DS2 is the way to go. It's not as good as DS1 or DS3 but DS2 does those things best.

I use InputMapper for my DS4, I have no idea if it will work with your controller but it's probably worth a shot.

Offensive miracles suck now but lightning infusion is a good option.

do we have a discord?

With faith, you get the best damage type (lighting infused weapons) and the worst offensive spells. But you get the best buffs, too.

Lightning is purchasable after one of the first bosses, but it's not very strong and has only a few casts.

Biggest advantage to a faith build is that you get lots of healing miracles early on, whereas other players are limited to the number of estus shards / lifegems they have.

Really the best benefit is just having high lightning damage/scaling because half the bosses in the game are weak to it in some form or another.

Yes. Most of the FC hosts are there if you want up to date info on them.

discord.gg/mJyavyj

hey man, the 4 with hidden 5th is fun

The Stray Demon is MURDERING me.

I'm going with the crest shield, dark knight's sword and pretty much naked.

Being able to remain at its back and all, but a slight mistake and I'm dead.

Anything I might be missing?

Are you getting caught by the shitty AOE even when you're behind him?

It's easy to get the demon in a cycle of butt pounding and frontal aoe smashes, the only annoying part is the aoe includes a small area behind him to further limit your attack window.

If you're dying in one hit you probably:

1. didn't level up vit
2. have low defence
3. are getting hit in your instability frames

>pretty much naked

why do people still do this

If he's 1-2 hit killing you you need armor. Go grab havel's ring.

don't use any R2s on the black knight sword

What actually gets me killed is when he jumps up and turns around to hit me. Dodging it is being a little difficult, and when I manage, getting behind him again is the trouble.

The fight ends up taking long and I eventually make a mistake.

Does sunlight spear in DaS1 have a nice payoff of being really good for amount of investment you need to make to actually use it?

Thanks. Guess I can't play my desired build of chucking lightning bolts. Is that viable in DS1 or 3?
Additionally, what would you suggest as a good blunt weapon for the Cleric build?

>tharjafaggot
I didn't think that place can be more cancerous than it was before.

Yes

There's 2 weapons that chuck lightning bolts. Both are good.

There are also a few AoE lightning spells (heavenly thunder) that are worth it.

Lightning is still powerful but it's just not as good as great heavy soul arrow / fire orb.

>DS1
>weapons have ridiculous durability
>very few instances where your stuff will ever be at risk, only two enemies that are particularly capable of damaging equipment and one is a rare attack from a boss that is easily dodged
>repair powder is cheap
>restores a significant amount of durability
>works on weapons that have been completely depleted
>can be bought in unlimited quantities from the first merchant in the game

>DS2
>weapons are made of paper
>there are all sorts of items and ammo types specifically designed to break your shit
>once an item is broken, only a blacksmith can repair it
>repair powder is expensive as fuck and not available in any significant quantity for a long time, and once it is you have such a stockpile of weapons and armor that it's no longer relevant
>in the only game where souls not spent on levels still count towards matchmaking
>it restores a pitiful amount of durability despite how few you get, the fact that it inflates SM, and how much more important it is
How did this get past testing? It's fucking retarded how I can't just run an area and kill its boss in one go, I have to go back to the bonfire like a little bitch because my weapon is nearly broken and then I have to speedrun the area so it doesn't break again. I don't mind weapons being less durable, it was definitely too little of a concern in DS1, but they went ridiculously overboard in DS2. I haven't played DS3 yet, did they finally get it right there?

>next DLC won't have Aldia, or the Serpents
I seriously hope you guys didn't buy into the Season Pass meme.

Input mapper doesn't seem to detect my controller properly. It seems to understand that there is a left thumb stick and that's about it. If I map profiles it ignores them.

>weapons are made of paper
I never break any weapons and it never became a problem. Only weapons that I can think of that has durability issues are twinblade, old whip and ivory lightsaber and even then they're underused.

>DS3
>It's nearly impossible to break armour

Is DaS2 SOTFS decent on steam without mods or do I need something like DSfix to make it playable? Just got the PC version on the sale.

Let's be honest here. People who play this game but still hate it will still get their money's worth playing it for hours. That doesn't mean the content doesn't suck massive ass but what are the alternatives? After playing Souls games, everything else seems mediocre.

Question to all the people who bought DS3 DLC:
General consensus is that's too short for it's price, how much would you say it's worth it?
I'll probably get it eventually, but not for the current price.

DS3 is back to the same as DS1, durability is a total non-issue unless you're getting hit with something like corrosive mist.

They did improve a lot of the way durability works as DS2 was patched/re-released though. It still seems a little excessive at times, but it's nothing like the original version where a bug related to having 60 fps made your shit break twice as fast.

PC Scholar is fine on its own. Any graphical mods will be detected as cheating and will ban you.

Ds3 is pretty good for tanking except for bosses. Use any weapon with perseverance and bust through any amount of mobs. Greatshields are also great in terms of defense, offense, and reflection.

>Any graphical mods will be detected as cheating and will ban you.
Yay, what fun...

it is the best optimized port in the entire series.

My laptop barely can run DaS1 at 15 FPS even with the fix, but SOTFS runs at 30 on high settings.

$5-$10. $15 is way too much unless you're getting the season pass for that price or $20. My main problem with the DLC is the pacing is terrible, it just begins and meanders about without a sense of definitive progression and ends abruptly after a bossfight that's such a spectacle I would almost call it overproduced. I didn't feel like anything was solved or concluded by the end because nothing changes and the main plot thread is left with such a big teaser for the next DLC I was just left unsatisfied.

>complaining about graphics
Like a good PCfat

I don't understand the length complaints, it felt about the same as DS1 dlc in length. However there is a lot to be said about it only having two bosses, even if one of them is probably the best in the whole game.

They fucked up with Gravetender though, it's so mediocre in execution and that's just an extremely shitty deal when there's only two bosses in the whole thing.

Is there any more information on bans anyway? Is it an account ban or a character ban? I presume there is a way to spawn items without being banned, correct? I don't really want to farm up all the unique, one-time-spawn armor sets again.

I assume adding an item directly into my inventory will get me banned right quick. Can I just drop a random item and use cheat engine to change what the item is and then pick it pack up or is that purely a DaS3 thing?

ds3 weapons have ds1 durability with ds2 bonfire restoration, your shit never ever breaks

I'm somewhat new to DS2, but I sort of understand soul memory. Would I be severely gimping myself by attempting to get the all sorceries, miracles, and hexes achievements? Should I consider that character dead to the world, and co-op and pvp?

No, especially because you could just throw on the agape ring and remain frozen wherever you wanted to be at in soul memory.

It has the 5th best boss in the series and is about the same length as AotA.
They spent too much time on the PvP arena. Would have preferred it if on the icy floor there was a giant barbarian/giant crab/Witch Tree boss.

Item dropping is fine, it won't ban you as long as it's not key items or boss souls. As long as a player can drop it or you can pick it up in the world, it's fine.

I don't think anyone knows how they work. I've edited my SM/name and used various mods but I'm still not banned after 1000+ hours.

if you get softbanned then your account is flagged so that the matchmaking servers only pair you with other softbanned players. you might think you're ok because you can see summon signs or get invaded, but those are other softbanned players

No one is cheating though. I'm getting people who are clearly on their first playthrough. Wearing stuff like Veng-Leic mail and Greatsword.

>replaying DS2 Scholar of the First SotFS because fuck you
>time to do the crown of the ivory king dlc
>uninstall
How did they manage to make something worse than the base game?

>youtube.com/watch?v=cQjzms0VAR0

Reminder that Jund is "our guy".

those are probably people who installed graphical mods before playing

>thinly veiled youtuber shilling

Could you elaborate on why you hate the dlc exactly? I enjoyed the level quite a bit and the ivory king fight was great.

>did hundreds of hours of duels and loved it
>moved on to doing invasions at every reasonable invasion range and continue doing so to this day and love it
>DaS3 was my first souls game and since I didn't play the other souls games until after (and just for the PvE), I don't have nostalgia goggles problems
>DaS3 is the last in the series and the DLC2 has yet to come out, and it will likely have active invasions for a long time because it will always be the most recent souls game with the most up-to-date graphics (which all the normies care so much about)
>For Honor is coming out soon for competitive souls combat done right to satisfy when I want to be a tryhard instead of just a dickwraith

Feels good being superior to all of the oldfags and whiners.

You know you can run straight to the second bonfire with only killing the first handful of enemies, right? Only because you'll be sandwiched on the narrow bridge leading to the stairs.

I don't think graphical mods never got anyone banned. I'm more worried about the SM editing.

I'm autistic so I have to pick up everything, even if it's a lifegem. For one, you have to go through most areas twice because of the ice bullshit. Also I never figured out what connects to where in the area because it's just white everywhere so I still get lost after 3 playthroughs.

Did you play before the 60fps durability glitch was patched?

If so, how the fuck is your weapon breaking before the boss? I don't think I've ever seen durability drop below half in all my playing of DS2 unless I was deliberately trying to break a weapon (or using a special durability consuming weapon, which DS1 already had issues with). Third dragon ring is probably the only thing that can be broken throughout normal gameplay, unless you're spamming twinblades.

There's also bracing knuckle ring, repair spells, and just using a different weapon until you get to the boss...

If anything DS2 didn't go far enough with durability.

t. scottcunt

You're not supposed to give a shit about SM. By design the more you play the larger the player pool becomes, making it more likely to find opponents. People complained because they got matched with experienced players when trying to grief new players(so called twinking).

>Tfw started with ds1 and enjoying ds3 the most
It really does feel good not being blinded by nostalgia. Also invasions in ds3 seem to be seperating the shitters from actual invaders.

i'm really glad durability is a non-issue in ds3, it was easily one of the most irritating and retarded things back in ds2

Is there anything better than DS3 Tool yet? I'd like to be able to use a DS4.

petrified something or seed of giants?
everything else seems like early game garbage

>Head back into DSII after years
>Get Scholar of the First Sin
>Go to Heides Tower of Flame since I want a faith build
>There are Heide knights everywhere
>No more free undead bone shard
>Finally get through and buy Lightning Bolt
>It does no damage
what did they do to faith

pet something

Putting pointless mechanics in the game is bad game design.
I liked the survival horror aspect of DaS2 thanks to durability mattering.

From reading your description it almost looks like you are defending the weapons having little durablity.
I will never get people who hate having to repair their stuff.
I use low durability weapons and sometimes I find myself having to use a repair powder during the boss fight, which adds a fair challenge because you have to find an opening to repair your weapon. And I like it, no I love it.

is explorer useless later on or do i get cool shit not just at the start

Cum and Dumped

Nothing is the true patrician choice.