Crown Vic general

My local town is auctioning off a 2008 crown vic with ~87k miles. Unsure of the idle hours. Being sold AS-IS of course, but they claim everything works otherwise. A VIN check on Ford ETIS (or whatver its called) showes LSD 3.55 gears so thats a plus.

Whats the max one should pay for such a car? Looking for a reliable company car (ebay reseller) to drive long distances since my personal lease car cant do more than 12K a year or 36k total.

Pay nothing because Crown Vics are copped by convicts.

I wouldn't pay more than $3500 to $4000 for them. You also gotta understand, P71's were driven hella hard and sometimes the PD would cheap out on maintenance and not flush the trans or anything. But god damn you'll be solid for another 20 years with those things.

For $3500 you can get a mint Mercury Grand Marquis with 50k miles and power everything that was only driven to and from church on the weekend.

How do you find cream puffs?
inb4 kill your relatives

bump

This doesn't happen. The internet has killed all deals and old people just sell shit to dealers.

They are very nice cars. I seem to be the only person that genuinely thinks there are a good looking car. The cop car rep is what kills the aesthetic, for sure though.

If my daily commute didn't rack up ~300 miles a week, I'd get one instead of a Jap econobox. Love the 4.6's opened up. The weaker 2 valves sound better than the 3 valves, in my opinion.

By opened up, I meant having an exhaust on them. I'd weld on a Y pipe, to have 2 outlets. One to the stock muffler (or maybe a very quiet aftermarket like a Spintech Sportsman)
then the other outlet as a straight pipe pointed out the side, or maybe a very small, LOUD muffler.

>inb4 faggot wanna be cop "m-muh funkshionalithy" when arguing about leaving his shit cop mobile as police-looking as he legally can

There is nothing functional about paying $5000+ for a beat-to-shit car with 150k+ miles, thousands of idle hours, and holes in the body / stripped interior.
The market for these cars is total shit

My first car was a cvpi
>2008
>About 100,000 miles flat
>Price: $2,500

I put maybe 5-10k hard miles on it. I was 18 so as you can imagine I was flooring it at every opportunity and maxing the speedo on the freeway. Didn't have a single mechanical issue for the time that I owned it. I changed a bulb in the headlight and that was it.

I mean, leaving the bull bar and the floodlight, and try to make it look as much as a cop car as they legally are able to. They call it "functional".

What's your problem with people driving cars that look like cops? Do you get nervous that you're going to get caught breaking the law? Does someone being able to inflict that on you make you angry?

>look mommy when I drive, everybody "respects" me in my cosplay-mobile, that is, until they find out I'm just a manlet faggot cosplaying da law

god damn calm down you awkward fucking shitter LOL. You're embarrassing yourself. Maybe you should learn how to drive and stop blaming your problems on everyone else like a fucking child

t. victim of childhood bullying

Hmm this post really made me think

don't hurt yourself now, bootlicker

>bootlicker

Uh oh looks like someone has a problem with AUTHORITY. WATCH OUT! You show those public servants who's boss

Get lucky, I guess. Mine isn't anywhere close to 50k miles (try triple that) but it was also a lot less than $3500, it was parked in the parking lot of a shopping mall with a For Sale sign on it. Called the number, turned out it was owned by an older guy who had it serviced meticulously, bought it the next day.

Gotta find the old people who don't trust the dealers.

>my face when Interceptor owners have to justify owning a clapped-out cop-fart-mobile with more holes than a minority with his hands in his pockets instead of buying the aesthetically superior Panther and cruising like they're 85 going to bingo night

When these cars are decommissioned, they usually tear shit out, and not put original covers back in, so expect a mutilated dashboard, no rear seats, and no center console.

so you're saying i need to go outside?

You might have to, but I wouldn't recommend it.

has the right idea.

Got mine for $1800. Had to find the spotlights and push bar on my own though. 2008 also has e85 capability so that'd be a plus.

The pics inside look decent. Back seats are actually there and are normal seats. Dash looked to be fine as well. This is a town where 95% of the population is white and the worst thing the city usually has to deal with is small mundane shit like citations on Main Street for 40 in a 20.

Yeah if I can get it for $1500 I will. I really doubt that though as it's one of those Jewish extended auctions that never ends until everyone shops bidding....

>By opened up, I meant having an exhaust on them. I'd weld on a Y pipe, to have 2 outlets. One to the stock muffler (or maybe a very quiet aftermarket like a Spintech Sportsman)
you know crown vics already came with dual exhaust as an option, right?

Mines a 1999 I picked it up for 3000 grabs and it only had 58k miles on it. I put some wheels on it and thrush welded mufflers it was a factory dual exhaust car. It sounds good and looks good and very comfortable and I can get 18mpg in town.

nice spotlights, they must come handy when looking at a parking space at the mall