Which is the best state in the US to open a factory?

Which is the best state in the US to open a factory?

Alaska I would guess. They will take anything they can get. Shipping will be a problem and also you would need to build a fucking factory. Just do China bro. It's easier. Or, if you don't want your ip stolen use a US factory but the cost will be higher.

detroit michigan, thats the place to start start ups, it has the infastructure, it just needs more entrepreneurs.

look it up OP shit is so cheap.

>Just do China bro. It's easier.
NEVER.

But I'd like to visit my factory without getting shot.

North Carolina. Good land and taxes and a bunch of industries are leaving cause the government here is too based to concede some gay bathroom law.

>memeing instead of taking sound advice

Detroit's gonna get its shit gentrified over the next twenty years, you need to get your ass in there now and establish a community of proles while there's still time.

i think you mixed up the replies...
but if you look it up, detroit has some good areas and cheap industrial real estate and commercial real estate. Im guessing it has alot of train yards and other transport depots since it used to be a big hub for factories.

Mexico

>i think you mixed up the replies...
Yes I did, but I don't care.

kentucky

Why Kentucky?

its the place to buy real estate for cheap, not the place to make a factory.
Its either north dakota for cheap labor, texas, utah, minesota are obvious choices, and one of the emerging states is north carolina.

I'm concerned a factory in North Dakota might close due to snow, even if the labor is cheap.
I don't know much about Texas, that could work. It might be good for international shipping.
I don't know much about Utah or Minnesota.
North Carolina might also be good for international shipping.

Las Vegas

0 taxes, tons of cheap labor, great airport access.
people will actually want to visit the factory

>Its either north dakota for cheap labor, texas, utah, minesota are obvious choices, and one of the emerging states is north carolina.
You are a total moron and have zero idea about business sense. Cheap labor in North Dakota? Fuck no. Plus they barely have any major infrastructure, there's a reason there is very little manufacturing I'm ND, same with Texas and Utah.

The key things with manufacturing are getting a quality labor pool, good infrastructure, and low taxes. It's hard to combine all of these, so you have to pick your battles.

North dakota, with their present policies are very business friendly. literally one of the fastest growing states in the union, state tax rates are only 3% with an incremental of another 3% at its highest bracket, has little to no added sales tax, right to work state, and has marked as one of the top performers in reducing unemployment which is 3.7%, shipping though might be a problem for you. but I would personally set up there.

texas is second contender. it already has the appropriate infrastructure for shipping, ease of business is quite high. state tax rates is literally zero, right to work state, stellar performance in reudcing unemployment at 4.7% which means alot of people in texas are looking for work.

Utah is also quite strong, although taxes are alot more stringent, might cause you to hike up the prices of your goods or lower the wages of your workers. but their economy is booming and its regarded as one of the more easier places in the union to actually hire/fire someone.

and I just put in minnesota because I have a friend there who manufactures samsung RAMS and he's having a great time.

central ohio for logistics purposes

also industry is big here

Pretty much anywhere in Ohio

I was actually considering personally moving to Wyoming, which seems very similar to North Dakota in terms of benefits, but the lack of infrastructure is my biggest concern. Not to mention the low population would make finding good labor difficult & I've mentioned weather.

>industry is big here
Isn't that a good reason for me to keep away from Ohio? I should have mentioned this is a start-up, so wouldn't I just be shooting myself in the foot by starting somewhere where I'd have a lot of competition?

Probably Tennessee or Alabama.

> Low taxes
> No union shit
> State govt does things to encourage factories to come
> Shitloads of blue collar workers