I have been looking for the answer all afternoon but aparently my google-fu is too weak or I am too retarded to find...

I have been looking for the answer all afternoon but aparently my google-fu is too weak or I am too retarded to find the answer myself

What sorts of specs do I need to look at when looking for a car radio so that is compatible with my current car? I have old 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage that I want to upgrade with a nice radio but I have no idea what to look for so that it is compatible with the car

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B017Y5W0G0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_FbEAybBBYSMNY
amazon.com/dp/B0002BG6DM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_IcEAyb9Z22FK8
amazon.com/dp/B0007WW69O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_EeEAyb3FAYPAS
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just go to the crutchfield website and use the wizard

done

All radios are compatible with all cars, basically. You either have single-DIN or double-DIN space to work with. The one in your pic is single, double is twice as tall as that.

If you're looking for an upgrade and you don't know fuck about car stereos (you don't or else you wouldn't be asking this) look for one that has small amplification built into it. Most stock car speakers are 10 watts each, if you want more volume look for one that's 40-50 watts on each channel. Buy some better speakers to match or else you'll blow out the factory ones.

As far as hooking it up, best buy and walmart have wiring harnesses that convert your old wiring to the new radio, it's extremely straightforward with color coded wires.

This, to be honest.

This user is, in general, correct.

You will also need a dash kit to make it fit the factory trim. Most likely anyway, some cars have true single or double DIN and have no need for it.

>All radios are compatible with all cars, basically. You either have single-DIN or double-DIN space to work with. The one in your pic is single, double is twice as tall as that.
>
>If you're looking for an upgrade and you don't know fuck about car stereos (you don't or else you wouldn't be asking this) look for one that has small amplification built into it. Most stock car speakers are 10 watts each, if you want more volume look for one that's 40-50 watts on each channel. Buy some better speakers to match or else you'll blow out the factory ones.
>
>As far as hooking it up, best buy and walmart have wiring harnesses that convert your old wiring to the new radio, it's extremely straightforward with color coded wires.

Ok this user is 1.5/3 right

1Yes single din double din compatibility is a thing you can actually fit both with the factory brackets
if you go with single din there is a pocket available
If double it's fits with the factory brackets
2 yes factory does less wattage than aftermarket but not much more stock is like 6 aftermarket is 18
3 no never get your wires from Walmart it's shitty aluminum that's not good go with metra

The harness you need is metra 70 -7001 if non amplified if you have a stock subwoofer then you need 70 - 7003

All aftermarket radios will work in yours I recommend kenwood/jvc , pioneer or alpine

Source: I'm a professional installer that does this shit daily with my basic mecp working on my advanced if you live in TN come to murfreesboro electronic express and see me

Yeah come see you so you can charge me 500 dollars to install that shit fuck you buddy

Another thing, try to solder the wiring harness to the radio leads. You can nigger-rig it by twisting them together and taping but it's iffy at best. I've had great luck with Pioneer head units. Alpine are excellent too.

>
>Yeah come see you so you can charge me 500 dollars to install that shit fuck you buddy
We charge 500 to ass holes like you I charge 100 to everyone else

I use butt connectors unless someone asks for solder they're like 5 bucks on amazon and all you need is a stripper crimper combo

Not OP, but I posted this
Any aftermarket radios you recommend to go with this setup? Approx. cost of installation?

I'm not a nigger so I'm not going to be blasting it, I don't need extreme volume, so would stock speakers be okay?

>All radios are compatible with all cars, basically.

The reverse is not true though.
If you replaced my factory radio, that would remove its touchscreen since that is the only area the radio can go since everywhere else has buttons or zero contiguous real estate. Losing the touchscreen means losing some car functions because those are accessed by touch screen menus.

>100
>for a fucking radio install

You are literally robbing people. It should cost 40 dollars MAX.

Everyone else in town charges 150 plus I make 20% of that 100 the company I work for gets the rest I'm not here to screw people but I've gotta make rent if you wanna start a business you can

If you're just looking for more functionally you can get away with something simple like kdcbt365 simple kenwood with Bluetooth and 13 band eq and you could put a sub in later if you wanted
If your looking for something besides single din just buy a touchscreen ddx373 is a simple touchscreen for like 200
You don't have to change speakers but if you do Polks db series is nice for semi cheap and parts can range from 20 to 100 depending on the vehicle
Install can range per shop I charge 100 but there are anons on here that'll do it for 40 just depends on what kind of job you want done

But mate those are shit

They give way after a couple of years.

It's better than twisting with electrical tape and I use install bay brand I haven't had any problems yea soldering is the best method but that turns a 10-30 min install into an hour but I do agree

Where the fuck is this, commiefornia? I'd rather pay an illegal 20 bucks to do that shit, which is probably what everyone does already because anything more than 40-50 bucks is straight up robbery. You should seriously kill yourself

Man you are taking this website, this thread and yourself far too seriously.

Alright have your car burn down from duct tape and tapping data lines I see people like you coming to my shop everyday who got people who don't know what they're doing to butcher they're vehicle I fix it take pictures (so you can't blame me) and charge you but you're the type of guy whose done it once on your 97 ford Ranger who thinks he can do anything to any vehicle surprise surprise you can't

I don't plan on doing the install myself; I'll probably just take it to a Bestbuy. I just need to know what I should look for when shopping for a radio on Amazon or some other store so I don't end up buy something that won't fit my shitty 15 year old car

Kenwood KDC-BT365U CD Single Din In-Dash Bluetooth Car Stereo Receiver amazon.com/dp/B017Y5W0G0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_FbEAybBBYSMNY

Metra 70-7001 Radio Wiring Harness for Mitsubishi 1992-Up amazon.com/dp/B0002BG6DM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_IcEAyb9Z22FK8

That's all you need

And this is forgot this

Metra 98-8999 Turbo Pocket for Select 1987-08 Mitsubishi/Subaru/VW Vehicles amazon.com/dp/B0007WW69O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_EeEAyb3FAYPAS

Yeah, unfortunately cars with command decks really shouldn't have them removed. They're programmed into the rest of the vehicle.

Hell, on many Mercs, without the command unit, not even the parking sensors can operate.

Not really looking to spend more then $50 on a car stereo. I live in a shitty part of town and a few years ago someone robbed my brothers car radio. I don't really want to tempt fate and have that possible happen again and be out of a $90 stereo

Sure thing man, you have this bullshit memorized for the little kiddies who walk into your shop? You must feel real good when you hand them that 200 bill and they whip out mommies credit card. People like you are fucking ruining this country. Go move to Mexico where scumbag behavior like this is the norm