pastebin.com/paW0DAG4

>Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Trading
Sites: scrap.tf tf2outpost.com backpack.tf bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf scrapbank.me
Betting: saloon.tf
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g
pastebin.com/9S37Kk0W

>/tf2g/s looking to party queue
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-e-Sut2sj954Cjm8aGzXMaN4dSSop7xgiyp9DCdOK8/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

tf2r.com/kgki7qu.html
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Critical_hits
youtube.com/watch?v=kVP26ZS2MYw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

xth for my tf2gfu

heavy's spirit animal is a burr

scout's spirit animal is the asshole

What class did you main when you first started playing TF2?
What class do you main now?
How did you get where you are today from that point?

>soldier
>soldier/engi
Because I want to have fun but my team can't do shit 66% of the time so I have to go soldier or engi to push or hold.

When is the comic coming out?

oh no this is going to be the shitpost channel isnt it
',:^)
yes

>medic
>medic
>desire to win

would you fuck the scout

a. heck yeah
b. heck yeah
3. heck yeah
d. heck yeah

Never

Any tips for playing MGE as Scout?

I went up against some guy and he absolutely rekt my shit. How do I git gud?

Whats the name of program that helps changing source-based games fps-configs?
>nothing really
>scout
I thought he was worst class in game because of how fragile and close range based he was, but then realized how good he is for pubstomping

nothing
then medic
then pyro
then demo
then scout
then demo and scout
then whatever the team needed to win

I mained engineer because all I would play is 2fort and I would camp in the intel room. Eventually I got bored of winning by turtling, so I switched my main to soldier so I could get out and see the world.

play more mge

My "spooktacles+helmet" loadout does not work as well with the roman-ish helmet as it does with the norse-ish helmet.

>literally called "Tartan Spartan"
>Romanish

>American education

lower sensitivity
learn to dodge better. (if you use your second jump too soon, you'll get fucked)

>Pyro, engie and heavy when I started
>soldier, scout sniper and demo now. I can play all the classes though

Its a roman design, which was pretty much the default design for western warfare at the time so its to be expected.
There is also a pig faced bascinet called a sallet, and a sallet called a bucket helm.

I played a lot of Engineer when I started, but now I focus more on Heavy, Demo, and Scout. I play a bit of everything though.

Also, as a side note, sallets are fucking cool with a good lobster tail.

Is lower sensitivity better just in general when playing as scout?

yes. having very smooth, non-twitchy aim is essential to be even a decent scout. you should have to move your mouse atleast 7 inches to do a 360 in game

thanks, turns out my sensitivity was WAY too high, dropped it from 3 to 1.2

yeah, it'll be a bit annoying to get used to, but once you do, your aim will be miles ahead of where it is now.

Engie.
Engie.
2008 Machinima "How to play the Engineer" video to hours of play. Achievement farming is the best way to get better at the game without watching videos/reading the wiki.

you see ivan

>getting dominated by a shotgun soldier
Gee, look at this shitter.

>guy deals chip damage 4 times and gets assists
>it counts as domination

this happens way too often
why do assists count in dominations anyways
you arent actually delivering the kill so it doesnt count

>Scout
>Medic
Community/fun servers became less of a focus of the game, and the only reason why I played Scout was because I was a Connecticunt thus could relate to him. So I play healer now

A lot of games work in retarded ways for kills.
I get some games that just give it to whoever did the last damage.
But, in my opinion, it should go to whoever did the most damage, with everyone else getting assists.
And the assists don't count toward kill count.

What if
>1 kill point for dealing the killing blow
>1 kill point for doing the most damage, if you weren't the one to finish them off
>1 assist for everyone else that damaged them

That would be good, sure.

Why is the Reserve Shooter such a fun, rewarding weapon to use on Soldier?

>pyro and heavy because I thought they were cool
>soldier, demo and sniper because it's fun being so mobile, hitting pipes and clicking heads

bit of a shame they went in a wacky direction with pyro

well memed

>pyro/scout
>scout
I really enjoy mobility in shooters, and I mostly play MvM

noting really
Now I'm the sentry dude cause I felt it I was doing a better job with it
shibby2142s videos got me into the PC version since I was stuck doing the console version for a time

tf2r.com/kgki7qu.html

The grenade launcher new min view model throws me off so i cant aim as well, is it possible to disable it only for the primary? I dont want to go to console everytime i play demo.

I hate to be this whiny, but this. Seems like far too often I am forced to play Soldier to babysit my team 'cause I swear to god they just won't shoot anybody.

>when the enemy team wins by default because everyone is soldier/scout/medic

haha i love this game

Because it rewards actual skill in bouncing someone up in the air.

You can probably make an autoexec.cfg for that.

bind [pipe key] "slot1; tf_use_min_viewmodels 0"
bind [sticky key] "slot2; tf_use_min_viewmodels 1"
bind [melee key] "slot3; tf_use_min_viewmodels 1"
put that in your demoman.cfg, not your autoexec.cfg or else it will apply to every class

wouldn't you have to put countercommands in all of the rest of your class.cfgs so after you switch to demo and then to another class your binds won't stay your fucked up demo ones?

Ther is a demoman.cfg?

No.

no, you gotta make one my senpai

What if the Heavy had a sort of reverse Baby Face's Blaster? Like, taking damage would fill a boost meter and let him move faster, but dealing damage would drain it and make him slower.

I went full-autism and sent TF Team about 4 mails for the updates, about Engineer, Heavy, Pyro, Spy changes and tweaks I await. Ask me about my regret.

Random ubers

>there is a chance you will get randomly ubered for few seconds when you take damage from the enemy.

>The more damage you take the bigger is the chance you will get a random uber, similar to random crits.

send it to valve they'd love the idea

If you're that frustrated about random crits just play at servers with roll the dice mods or just play Mannpower mode.
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Critical_hits
Also: gitgud. Random crits are there for surprise factor and rewarding the high streaking players to force the losing side to retreat.

For scout vs soldier get the high ground and bait out there rockets. Same with demo bait the sticks. For scout vs scout try and mirror their movement and keep your cross hair close to them. Watch b4nny play mge. For scout it's important more important to have a plan to get the damage you need than just randomly spamming a and d. Also if you get to close to a soldier your probably dead.

6 is perfect desu. Plenty accurate for hitting chains of head shots but sensitive enough to turn around quickly and for projectile classes. Anything 6-12 is fine though. Also have a good mouse pad and mouse.

Also get used to flicking your wrist to quickly do 180s

and random ubers would be rewards for a push or a tough defense , i dont know what you are talking about

It's in your head trust me.

>the projectile comes out way above the pipe
it bugs me

I can switch my sensitivity if I wanna play anything other than Scout, but that's probably not gonna happen cause i'm just trying to git gud right now
plus if i'm caught from behind as scout chances are i'm dead

It's better to just use the same sens for everything. Also If you take damage from behind you have a very good chance of living. I mean you can just run away most of the time.

welp, at the end of the day I'm not sure who to believe, you or the other guy that advocates lower sensitivity.
I lowered my sensitivity and my aim seems to have marginally improved

Come on user, are you still complaining? Did you not get to making those class-individual cfgs yet?

believe the lower sensitivity because the guy advocating for that isnt a pubber

Pyro
Soldier, because i decide that if i will put effort in this class i might get more than 3 kills per death.

>medics being even more attached to a single heavy
>giving an overhealed, boosted heavy the ability to run up and slap your shit

But oh no losing boost will surely give the heavy pause about making kills he never could before.

it's all personal preference, there isn't really a "wrong" sensitivity (though its generally recommended that you have a sensitivity fast enough to at least do a 180 comfortably, maybe a 270 in TF2's case)
find whatever you're comfortable with and stick with it

however, if you're still curious and want to put in some effort into finding the right sensitivity then you should experiment
and when i mean experiment i mean experiment with large (but not extreme) changes in sensitivity instead of slight ones
spend at least a game or so with each test sensitivity, don't start doubting yourself that what you're doing is dumb or bad just because you get into very uncomfortable territory, let yourself try something weird/new
after a decent amount of different tests you will find what you find suitable
good luck, merc
get a big mousepad while you're at it too (at least 8-10 inches), you will absolutely not regret it

Why do people tell me to kill myself becaus I main pyro?

mad cause bad
or maybe you're using the backburner/phlog like a faggot

Because it's pretty easy and frustrating to play against. But only baddies get mad at it, because again, it's easily countered by good players.

But what if i don't w+m1 with my backburner and flank?

i show no love to homo thugs

6 to 7 inches is very insignificant, I just like the lower because I can turn around easily especially on soldier and demo. Just pick something and stick with it.
B4nny uses 6 inch idiot.

But the only class that's gay to main is scout and medic

will snams ever stop posting /pol/ shit

hmm

penis

cock

wee wee

:uninstallation thoughts intensify:

Soldier
Demo
Getting gud with stickies.

backpedaling fucks with your back's hitbox but that was still fucked

why does what b4nny use affect what you use? his sensitivity is considered really high and it took him 10,000 hours to get to the level of hitscan aim that most players would reach in a quarter of that time.

>lime max
You better to thought about suicide.

clockwork has only made $2k since he started overwatch
hahahahahahhaha

thole has actually made negative money since he started tf2, so I'm not sure what he's laughing about

i'm not sure who cares about this shit and why you posting it here

mfw geel makes more than any overwatch player

how the fuck do you even make money from overwatch
like just twitch donations or tournaments or what

tournament prizes. the top team has made $200k from prizepools. but that's before sponsors and stuff.

>200k on a game with no skill ceiling
at that point it's pretty much just a dice roll for who can press q the fastest, isn't it

even if that sounds like a lot, thats only $33k per player. And the sponsors probably take a shitload, not to mention travelling expenses.

youtube.com/watch?v=kVP26ZS2MYw

ded

Post and r8 Texas men of engineering

>Engineer
>Engineer
I don't know I like to suffer I guess.

This is out of date

>called the Hibernating Bear set
>melee is bear claws
>secondary is meat
>primary does more damage
>hat required to finish the set is the Big Chief